Start by marking “The Flesh Cartel #14: Independence Day” as Want to Read:
The Flesh Cartel #14: Independence Day

The Flesh Cartel #14: Independence Day

(The Flesh Cartel #14)

Mat and Douglas’s time as Nikolai’s wards is finally drawing to a close. Though torn apart by Nikolai’s machinations, their fates are still inextricably entwined: they’ve been sold to the same cruel master, and are united in their desire to go home. But “home” means two different things to the brothers: for Mat, their little bungalow in Nevada, and for Douglas, a swift ret ...more
Published February 3rd 2014 by Riptide Publishing (first published January 29th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Flesh Cartel #14, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Flesh Cartel #14

Shile
I can't go into details, don't want to give anything away! The title kinda already hints, its a good one.

This episode was perfect

description

Mat is my hero!

The ending demands that i read the next book Asap.

Season 5 here i come.

Barbara
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazing-male, m-m, wow
 photo oie_16185543XUcA6ZVV_zps6eae61c3.jpg

Mat if you were broken up into a million pieces I would love every single one. Every aspect of you. Everything that makes you "you" I absolutely love.

And Nate is Mat's hope.

What both these men go through in this episode is absolutely heartworthy...

photo tumblr_mcm2fcAYzd1r62l1io1_500_zps8cf53dc7.gif
Martin
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well, look what the cat dragged in? Two insanely famous guest stars ;-)

I have a bit of a problem accepting that THE FLESH CARTEL takes place in TY and ZANE's universe.

I mean the Flesh Cartel paints such a terrible picture of our world and what men are capable of that I don't feel comfortable knowing it all happens in a universe that I associate with positive (and not too complicated) m/m crime romance plots.

I was hoping to put this story in a box after I finish the series and don't have to dea
Fabi
This episode was so good, I never wanted it to end. I know we can't get this story without going through the previous plotline. But this is what I've been racing towards since I started this darkest of dark stories.
Debra
Not going to give anything away, but this felt a bit like the relative calm before the storm. It was basically all Mat, though we have a brief glimpse of the price Dougie is and will be paying for Mat's actions. (view spoiler)
Elena
A very good instalment!

Mat is free, or so he thinks... Because basically? He's a wreck (and no wonder!), he's haunted by all the things the Cartel did to him...

And he wants to get his brother back and he wants REVENGE!!!!

Nate is helpless, he doesn't know how to take the Cartel down. There are no open leads, no evidence, nothing.... There's nothing he wants more than to let Mat heal and find Dougie...

So, they make up a plan...

“One day, when the things these people did to you aren’t so raw, a
Cory
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: flesh-cartel
I think this is just going to get better and better based on what happened in this one. I love Mat!

Plus, I really loved the beginning with Ty and Zane. I love when they talk about kitties :)
Alona
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!
That was... Intense!!
I LOVED this book! It , yet again, shows Mat's incredible strength and selfless nature.
I fell in love with Nate's kindness and for truly being what mat needs.
We did not get much of Dougie in this one, and I think it was good because I really needed a break from the evil that is in The Cartel.
I'm going to start the next one NOW! No other option for me ;)
La-Lionne
Not bad, not bad at all.
This installment was a little bit different from the previous ones. It wasn't as intense and heartbreaking. To be honest, I though it was getting a little too much with all the non stop rape. I'm happy author gave her characters a break.

I've mentioned in the previous reviews, that Nate's pov kept annoying me. I actually enjoyed his point of view in this one.
I did however, missed Duugie's pov. I wonder how that poor boy is doing :(.

I'm curious to see how author will wra
Em
This was the best book in the series for me. I loved Ty and Zane's appearance on the first page, an extra star for that straightaway! I breathed a sigh of relief that Mat was finally in the safe hands of FBI Special Agent Nate Johnson and surrounded by people who cared about him. (loved his coach, what a great guy!) I seriously thought it would never happen. I'm excited about what's to come and just hope Dougie can hang on.
Jill
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!
Chappy
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark, kidnapping, mm
I don't think I can take any more of Allen's crazy-ass abuse. Mat is WAY over it as well and finally sees an opportunity IF he can convince Dougie to go along with him.

I was cringing when "Daddy" shows up again!!!
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, shorty, ebook, bgirls, dmc

A review by The Blogger Girls.

Ok, when this starts out, I honestly had to check and make sure I opened the right book. It has a totally different feel to it, and then Ty and Zane are there, and I was a little confused. But I pressed on, and it didn’t take long for things to iron themselves out.

Except then Nate gets a phone call, and my heart skipped a beat. So, Mat is found, and things go pretty much as expected. We get a tiny glimpse of what he left behind with Dougie bearing the brunt of Allen
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
****** 5 RIGHT. IN . THE . FEELS. STARS *******

This was not how I expected the episode to go. My heart hurt for a particular character.

Its impossible to review this ep w/ out spoiling pivotal storyline, so I'll shut up now.... Btw, the ending will have YOU saying

I NEED SEASON 5 ASAP Rachel Haimowitz.....PLEASE!!!!!!

AGandyGirl
*4.5 Stars*

I can see the end in sight but damn...it’s gonna be rough again before it gets better. Nate...I love you. ❤

Elaine
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

At Last

photo tumblr_inline_mu7xv2MVGO1s3ot71_zpsed15aa37.gif

(view spoiler)

Dougie is still in the hands of Allen who is looking for answers.
 photo hero2bysb_zpsf2964ff1.gif

As Mat comes to terms with everything that has happen, Nate the FBI Agent is there to help and support him.
But Mat knows what he needs to do...
 photo tumblr_m8roxvdjjz1ruwvb5_zps15731071.gif
 photo tumblr_mfndisIEdw1rjxfbno1_500_zpsbe73accf.gif

Free Dougie

My Thoughts

I had mixed feelings here. With only a very small glimpse to what was happening to Dougie still left in the hands of Allen, we were left with Nates attraction towards Mat and Mat having no real id
A Girl Has No Name
After the cliffhanger of part 13, I wasn't able to wait long in order to read The Flesh Cartel 14: Independence Day and I have to say that this one really got me hooked again. The repetitive scenes of the last few parts reduced my interest, but the new setting and the new characters in this book were very catchy.

The focus lay on Mat and it hurt reading about his reactions to all the terrible things he went through, but I really admire his strength. And I loved Nate; I can't wait to read more ab
Lucy
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
This series is not for the faint of heart and in the beginning I wasn't sure I could handle it but now I am firmly committed to seeing what happens to the brothers. I can't wait for the next season. The cover with Mat holding Dougie's hand makes me a little misty eyed....yeah Dougie gets on my nerves but I do want to see the brothers reconciled.

Ricardo
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had to give this one 5 stars because it made my toes curl from all the feels it gave me. I know it would never happen in a million years but this would have made an incredible TV series
Therese
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another great episode, but very different from the earlier ones. There is no torture, yay!
This episode actually made me cry, which only Voinov (Capture & Surrender, Special Forces - Soldiers) has managed before in M/M…The reunion between Mat and his coach in the hospital was just so emotional.
I think it was great to finally get a glimpse of Mat’s relationships with people from before the abduction (the Coach and Mike). I was getting so brainwashed from reading the other episodes that I actu
Taintedskyee (Books Books&More Books)
This book was the best,specially Ty and Zane bit :oops I wasn't suppose to write that but WTF. Anybody who have started this series will finish it.
Matt please stop caring for your brother....pleaseeee..he claimed to hate you once again in this book and was more concern over stinking pig,asstard Nicolai...how can you willingly put yourself through that hell again...how!!!

My and Nate's heart break seeing you so broken and vulnerable, again you are planing to put urself through the wringer...Dont
Menna
I hate it when they gave me high hope and then crash it to pieces with no consideration to my heart breaking in the middle!

It was like watching a fucking train wreck and all you suppose to do is just stand there and freaking watch!!!!! *miserable*

And that end is way beyond fucked up and infuriating........i can't believe it!!!! how can they put us through that freaking hell AGAIN!!!!!!! How come they suggested such thing!!!

I'm so angry, miserable, irritated,
desperate,emotional.......... a lot o
Midgetbee
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: a-ipad, mine, x-2014
Sue bowdley
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This one is based on Mat and his freedom....finally in the hands of Nate and the FBI he can try and recover thanking god that they believe him...but he can't completely heal because even though his brother showed his hatred towards him in the last book....he needs to bring Dougie home...and the only way to do that is to use bait....Mat shaped bait and Nate is not happy about it x
Tina
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Includes a cute scene with Ty and Zane... Their talk about kittens made my day... :) What a nice surprise! Full review to come with the last episode.
Sara
What can I say? Mat I am sorry. I am sorry that there were a few episodes where I wrote you off and did not really care for your story. I am sorry that I cared more about Dougie and his transformation than I did about your fight. Your fight is everything. It’s everything.

I have been knocked on my ass and I should stay down here. It’s where I belong. I admit I am writing this after catching up on all the episodes that have been released so this will be short. There is honestly so much that cannot
Lilli *slowest reader ever*

Loved this one. It was almost a little bit of a comfort read. By FC standards, of course.

I like Nate. He's a wonderful character. Strong, compassionate, caring, of integrity. And boy, he has it bad for Mat. Exactly what Mat needs right now, his very own "no-matter-what"-promise. But things are not that easy, and that's actually a good thing. Otherwise any potential romance wouldn't be anyway near believable. I can't wait to see how things will go from here.

Still, this isn't exactly a light episo
Dreamer
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
This excellent dark series continues.. FBI agent Nate Johnson is hosting a fourth of July celebration, amongst his guests are none other than Ty and Zane. A note at the end says we'll be meeting them again soon - lol, huh! Nate and partner Louise meet up with Mat who is recovering in a psychiatric ward in Florida.

Just signed up for the next season from Riptide Publishing.
Limor Moyal
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: abductions, mind-fuck
Fuck !!! I waited so long for some light in this dark world they are living in and at last it came in the shape of Nate :))
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
I've re read it twice in the spam of 5 hours. I thought my heart would rip out of my throat in this one - just kept me edge of seat the whole time!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Counterpunch (Belonging, #2)
  • King of Dublin
  • Falling Angels
  • Antidote (Don't..., #2)
  • Fear (Zombie Gentlemen; The Copper Horse, #1)
  • Cinnamon (Blood Nation, #3)
  • If It Fornicates (Market Garden, #4)
  • Subjection (Demoted, #1)
  • First Watch
  • Strain (Strain, #1)
  • Lee's Story (The Slave Breakers, #3)
  • Every Inch of the Way (The Professor's Rule, #4)
  • Forgive Us (Deliver Us, #3)
M/M erotic romance author, freelance writer and editor, sadist with a pesky conscience, shamelessly silly, proudly pervish. I'm a twitter addict (@rachelhaimowitz), and I blog every M/W/F at Fantasy Unbound. To learn all about my current and upcoming projects, please stop by my website. I love to hear from folks, so feel free to drop me a line anytime at metarachel (at) gmail (dot) com.

The Flesh Cartel (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Capture (The Flesh Cartel #1)
  • Auction (The Flesh Cartel, #2)
  • Choices (The Flesh Cartel #3)
  • Consequences (The Flesh Cartel #4)
  • The Flesh Cartel #5: Wins and Losses
  • The Flesh Cartel #6: Brotherhood
  • Homecoming (The Flesh Cartel #7:)
  • Loyalties (The Flesh Cartel #8)
  • The Flesh Cartel #9: Trials and Errors
  • False Gods (The Flesh Cartel #10)