Start by marking “The Battle For WondLa” as Want to Read:
The Battle For WondLa

The Battle For WondLa

(The Search for WondLa #3)

All hope for a peaceful coexistence between humankind and aliens seems lost in the third installment of the WondLa trilogy. Eva Nine has gone into hiding for fear of luring the wicked Loroc to her companions. However, news of the city Solas being captured by the human leader, Cadmus Pryde, forces Eva into action once again. With help from an unlikely ally, Eva tries to ...more
Published May 6th 2014 by Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Battle For WondLa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Battle For WondLa

Start your review of The Battle For WondLa
Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
Fantastic and very underrated series. I'm sad to see it come to an end but I'm glad I got to go on a great journey with these characters.

Review to come.
Brooke
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
I will say I loved how this story ended, but overall these books were just okay. I found “The Wizard of Oz” references to be my favorite parts because deep down there was so much meaning behind those references. I did think the main characters were fun and unique. I’m glad I stuck with reading them all!
Marie
Aug 01, 2014 rated it liked it
The Battle for WondLa is the final book in the trilogy, and it tells the story of the ultimate battle. The tenuous peace between humans and aliens has been broken, and Solace has fallen to Cadmus Pryde. Eva embarks on a journey to gain some unlikely allies and set all right again. It's a pretty exciting journey for middle grades; adults may see the ending coming. Still, it's a pretty pleasant ride to get there.

I feel a little "meh" about The Battle for WondLa. Maybe I could name this disease of
Brandy
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Since the publication date is so far out I don't want to give a full review and spoil the surprises. What I can say is that this is the conclusion to the series and I absolutely loved book 3. Each book is amazing in it's own way and Tony ended the series exactly how I wanted it to end. :)
Sandy Irwin
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This final book in the WondLa Trilogy was simply amazing. Tony DiTerlizzi's imagination brings this world to life both with his writing and his exquisite illustrations. This story is richly detailed, and grabs your attention. It is truly satisfying when all three books in a trilogy are written well, carefully thought out, and, in the end, satisfying. Well done!
evelina
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I really liked the message about family and home in this one. Overall a good ending to an okay series!
Veronica Bates
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The final chapter. I admit I cried a bit.

As an adult I wish I had gotten to know more about what happened to Eva 9 in the end.....
Jasmine Rose
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fantastic ending to a wonderful series.
Travis
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: all-books-owned
I enjoyed this series sooo much! I absolutely loved the world building and the characters. Eva is one of my favorite book characters now, and so is Rovee!! I thought this had a bit of a slow start but once it got going I was hooked. So sad that this is the last book, but it was such a great time reading it.
P. Zach
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Someone who's bored/depressed, and needs a happy ending
I'm well aware that a lot of people really like this book. I read the trilogy, and I have to say, the ending was... anticlimactic. I just don't know how the author expected us to accept the "bad guy destroys himself" thing. Another note: It's very odd how most of the characters we care about were just fine, even though there was plenty of time for them to be killed while the villain was in control. My low rating is a combination of my disappointment with the ending and my reluctance to give a ...more
Mary Lee
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I tabbed a few pages for the next reader to find :-)

"...our knowledge, the things we learn, can carry on in others after we are gone," Eva said. "The toil of this journey, our journey, is the map for those who will follow."

"I don't understand completely...but I now understand that een seemingly inconsequential participants can take simple actions that expand to affect the masses. Like ripples caused by a pebble tossed into the water."

"I now understand that of all the wondrous occurrences in the
Kelly Buxman
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tony DiTerlizzi did it again, he captivated me with his words and his illustrations. The Battle for WondLa was a great ending to the series. There is so much wisdom in this book. My only negative comment is that I did not the feel the ending. Although it was a good ending I felt like he left me hanging. I just wanted to know more about Eva.
Roxanne
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have a habit of reading juvenile literature for work, just so I have some readers advisory experience. I thoroughly enjoy the artwork in these books, DiTerlizzi is very creative. I read the first of the series by accident, but couldn't put it down. I've been awaiting this final book for years.
Purlewe
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, fiction, sci-fi, fantasy
YAY! A delightful series. I strong female heroine. A great cast of characters. Perhaps a touch too happy of an ending, but it is a children's book and sometimes we need happy endings.
Emily
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a stunning conclusion to a thrilling series. I really, really loved all the epilogues that went 100, 200, and 300 years in the future.
Rowie
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Some books are like hidden gems. They're stories that should be on the shelves of every bookstore, but somehow they're not. The Search for WondLa is one of those series. The trilogy by Tony DiTerlizzi will give you a reading experience unlike anything you've had before. That's because the author drew some wonderful illustrations at the front of every chapter. These drawings are so detailed it will make you want to stare at them for five minutes. Or frame them on your walls.

Having said that,
Kluxorious Kluxces
It didn't take me long to finish the third book of the Wondla series because it was packed with actions and was quite intense.

It continued from where it left of with Eva and Hailey traveling together and meeting new aliens on their journey to save Orbona from Loroc

Loroc was manipulative and managed to convinced both Cadmus and Queen Ojo to attack each other. He ate his sisters (and at the end, his brother too)and thus absorbed their powers. He was powerful and if it wasn't for Eva's clever
Jen (Jen & Mel's Book Nook)
This was a pretty decent ending to the trilogy, but would probably be my least favourite of the series.

The plot was kind of meh and actually felt like it was dragging a little bit, only for the ending to be kind of anticlimactic.

I wasn't particularly thrilled to see (view spoiler)

Overall it was a good middle grade fantasy adventure
Allie
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Ok I have a lot to say. Starting off the ending was great. Of the series. If I was just reading this book and really wouldn’t have liked it. I love the story but I scanned most to all of this book. It would a recommend the series? Yes. (Also literally the title made no sense until the last sentence?!? Really?!?)
Leah
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
8 year old's review: Omg read the series it was AWESOME 5 stars but I think the timeline of like where it was in time did not make ANY sense.plz read!!!!
Megan (ReadingRover)
Strong ending to the series. A little slow at times but worth it. It was nice to finally read this and jump back into this world and reunite with all the characters.
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
This whole series was so well written and illustrated. I loved the message/lessons, the character and world development were fantastic and it was really creative and empowering. Beyond impressed and I cannot believe this is a Middle Grade book!
Oceane McAllister
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Four-star series all around, mainly because it’s nostalgic. I haven’t read the series in a long time, but I remember loving them, though they had been confusing at times. Still, it brings back so many pleasant memories.
Karissa
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was the third and final book in the Search for WondLa series by DiTerlizzi. It was a well done conclusion to this series, although it was also my least favorite book in this series. It just lacked the wonder and adventure of the first two books and was more about politics and war.

Eva Nine is in hiding with Haley in the forest. She is worried about luring the evil Lorac to her companions and fearful of anyone else dying because of her actions. When Haley finally convinces her that hiding is
Vincent Desjardins
With his wonderful illustrations and imaginative storytelling Tony DiTerlizzi is like John R. Neill and L. Frank Baum rolled into one. The Battle for Wondla brings to an exciting conclusion, DiTerlizzi’s trilogy of Eva Nine, a young girl raised in an underground Sanctuary on a futuristic, transformed Earth. Eva Nine’s quest for other humans on an Earth (aka Orbona) seemingly dominated by aliens began in “The Search for Wondla.” It continued in “A Hero for Wondla,” where Eva herself underwent a ...more
Tatiana Dengo
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mighty-girls
You really should go back and re-read the first two books prior to reading this one. There's so much that changes and so many references to the first book that I had a hard time keeping up.

The Battle for Wondla is an entirely satisfying conclusion to the series, because Eva finds the home she set out to look for, in more than one way.

In a sense, Eva's courageous behavior is impressive due to the sheltered upbringing she had... However, thinking back, she was always adventurous and a tad
Larry Wentzel
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's hard to imagine how far Eva-9 has come in the short span of time covered in this trilogy. She's started as a naive, staring-wide-eyed-at-the-world wisp of a girl, bumped around by forces far more powerful than herself, to being someone who has made up her mind about what is right and gets others to move for her.

The whole thing Loroc does to defeat his enemies still gives me the heebie jeebies. Guh.

It's weird to see an alien civilization that created the Vitae Virus and colony ships living
Madeline O'Rourke
For the closing of a trilogy, I found The Battle for WondLa very anticlimactic.

I'm not saying that I wanted a big, all-out war. It wouldn't fit the story and I appreciate that this novel didn't take that route. That said, I would have liked a little more oomf from the story, some more emotional weight behind it; a sense of urgency or a feeling that there are real stakes. I didn't get that here. The story felt like it was dragged out to reach a certain length and as a result the general plot was
Kira
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
A satisfying conclusion to an interesting series. I'll admit it took me a while to remember what was going on because it's been some time since I read the previous book, but once I re-familiarized myself with Orbona and its residents, the story pulled me in. I particularly appreciate the recurring theme of peacemaking by other means than violence.

Overall, I would highly recommend this series for any reader (young or young-at-heart) who's in the mood to read some science fiction with lots of cool
Pamela
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Out of all three books, I have to say the first was my favorite, but the other two were still a super fun read. In this book Eva is different- in book 2 Eva goes into the heart of the wandering forest and has an experience with the Gaia-like entity/energy that was the source of the planets rebirth. When she emerges hair is white and her experiences have matured her, and she is more in-tune with the animals and plants of the planet. Now what? She is unsure of what to do because everyone she ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover 2 12 Mar 08, 2019 05:01AM

• SandRider (TodHunter Moon, #2)
  • StarChaser (TodHunter Moon, #3)
  • Daniel X: The Manga, Vol. 3 (Daniel X: The Manga, #3)
  • Daniel X: The Manga, Vol. 1 (Daniel X: The Manga, #1)
  • The Last Kids on Earth and the Midnight Blade
  • A Good Night for Ghosts (Magic Tree House, #42)
  • Sidekicked (Sidekicked, #1)
  • May Bird Among the Stars (May Bird, #2)
  • Critical Role – Vox Machina: Origins
  • The Hive Queen (Wings of Fire, #12)
  • Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz; The Road to Oz; The Emerald City of Oz - Book 2
  • Oz, the Complete Collection, Volume 4: Rinkitink in Oz; The Lost Princess of Oz; The Tin Woodman of Oz
  • Oz: The Complete Collection Volume 5
  • Oz, Complete Collection, Volume 1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz / The Marvelous Land of Oz / Ozma of Oz
  • League of Archers (League of Archers #1)
  • Minion (Sidekicked, #2)
  • Meal
  • May Bird, Warrior Princess (May Bird, #3)
New York Times bestselling author and illustrator Tony DiTerlizzi has been creating children’s books for nearly two decades. From fanciful picture books like The Spider & The Fly (a Caldecott Honor book), to chapter books like Kenny and The Dragon and the WondLa trilogy, DiTerlizzi imbues his stories with a rich imagination. With Holly Black, he created the middle-grade series, The Spiderwick ...more

The Search for WondLa (3 books)
  • The Search for WondLa (The Search for WondLa, #1)
  • A Hero For WondLa (The Search for WondLa, #2)
“But our knowledge, the things we learn, can carry on in others after we are gone...The toil of this journey, our journey, is the man for those who will follow.” 5 likes
“We are born, we live, and we perish, perhaps to be born again in some other form...Galaxies are but one living entity burning with the energy from all of us. Life and death are but siblings who turn the universe continually. Endlessly.” 4 likes