Start by marking “Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising” as Want to Read:

Gmail, Facebook, AirBnb, Evernote. A new generation of multibillion dollar brands have been built without spending a dime on traditional marketing techniques. No press releases, no PR firm, and no billboards in Times Square.

It wasn’t luck that took them from tiny start-ups to massive success. They have a new strategy, called Growth Hacking. And it works.

In this e-special,
Published September 3rd 2013 by Portfolio (first published September 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Growth Hacker Marketing, please sign up.
Shierra Wong try order the book or try find free read version of it, if found ;)
(its easier to read the summary also)

bdw my fav qoutes from the creator is
"When int…more
try order the book or try find free read version of it, if found ;)
(its easier to read the summary also)

bdw my fav qoutes from the creator is
"When intteligent people read, they ask themself a simple question: What do i plan to do with this information?"

bdw pls visit me on agen judi bola .. thanks!(less)

Start your review of Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising
Gary
Dec 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Though I found the Ryan Holiday’s Growth Hacker thought provoking and had several good ideas in it, I also found it frustrating.

My point of frustration may not really be Mr. Holiday fault, but just the same it was my main point of contention with the book. I have spent my career with multiple Business-to-Business (B2B) product companies. In most of these companies the product was complicated and had many parts and aspects to it (including software and hardware components).

Though clearly there ar
Jeff Standard
Jan 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book came off as a collection of self-promotional blog posts. About 1/3 of the book is spent trying to justify its own existence by talking up how you can forget everything you knew about traditional marketing. Where "traditional marketing" seems to consist mainly of running billboard or TV spots with expensive celebrities. The book's narrow-minded view of marketing really discredits what "non-growth hackers" actually do, while nebulously outlining what growth hackers actually do.

A positiv
Brad Feld
May 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: technology
I figured I’d read the cannon on Holiday so this was next. If you don’t know what “growth hacking” means, this is a good intro. But if you do, this is a waste of time.
Kirtida Gautam
Dec 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: chakra-3
The book is fine for a complete beginner. But it's quite at rookie level. ...more
Laura Noggle
~ Basic and vague, yet still relevant. ~

At 56 pages, the ebook is worth the minimal time investment. This was my 4th Ryan Holiday book, and I'm a big fan, although Perennial Seller and Trust Me, I'm Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator were better.

“Marketing, too many people forget, is not an end unto itself. It is simply getting customers. And by the transitive property, anything that gets customers is marketing.”

"Growth-hacking is more of a mindset than a tool kit."

tl;dr:
Marketing is a s
Ola Olusoga
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing
Fantasy overview of what Growth hacking is, and how to apply it to your company. Dives into quick examples of how some of the top companies today applied growth hacker marketing tactics to their business.

Points from the book:

1.) Growth Hacking

Marketing isn't something you do at the end of a product, it's intertwined in all aspects of the creative process (design, engineering, business strategy). The days of taking the "hollywood" approach to marketing ( launching event, billboards, super bowl ad
John Konrad
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As a blogger and early Digg superuser I've had a ringside seat to many growth hacking campaigns and I've even done a bit of growth hacking myself but... the problem with growth hacking is there are countless hacks and a myriad of strategies but little has ever been done to connect the dots. Some books have enumerated some of these strategies and others have focused on individual pieces of the growth puzzle but each makes growth hacking appear chaotic and disorganized. The truth is that growth ha ...more
Dipanshu Rawal
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book Review in 5 sentences-

1. First step.
Figuring out what people really want from your product.
Because, even if your prototypes are bug-free and flawless, they'll fail if there's no actual demand for them.

2. Don't target everybody.
Target early adopters, or those eager to try new things.
Since most people won't become customers, it would be a massive waste of time and resources to try to reach them.

3. Retain your customers.
Be oriented toward customer retention.
Centre your marketing effort
Aaron Goldfarb
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's gotten to the point where I simply do not miss a word Ryan Holiday writes--whether it's a Tweet, a blog post, or certainly a new book. I would have never expected his latest--a brief, cheap ($2.99), e-book-only work--to be such a game changer...if not a life changer. Before reading this, I didn't know the term "growth hacker," but now I can't imagine ever doing business without it. I suppose I'd always innately knew I needed growth hacking within the marketing for my own novels, but this is ...more
Maciek Wilczyński
Must-read position for traditional marketers and good compulsory read for start-up related people. The book presents the foundation, philosophy and key principles of growth hacking - the new way of attracting and maintaining clients in the long run. Few actionable tips, some great case studies. If you're looking for a book, which will tell you what to do, it's not the one. But if you're looking for a book, which will tell you how you should be thinking about marketing your product - go, run to t ...more
Oleksandr Golovatyi
A very short but useful book about new marketing rules, about sunset advertising on television and new ways of business promotion.
-----------------------
Очень коротенькая но полезная книга про новые правила маркетинга, про закат рекламы по телевидению и новые пути продвижения бизнесса.

I read this book on Scribd by
Readlax Chrome Extension
Aaron Wolfson
This books packs a real punch in 56 pages. It gives you everything you need to know to adopt a growth-hacking mindset, which is the way marketing will be done exclusively in the future.
Mati
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
It's like a 50 page blog post. If you know nothing about growth, it may point you to some basic topics. ...more
Troy Blaylock
Jan 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: growth-strategy
Ryan Holiday is a genius in this space as his PR agency has brought millions of statistics to professionals and leaders from all sorts of backgrounds. Founder, aspiring entrepreneur, product manager, communications, artist, whoever.... You need to pick this up if you're serious about the growth of your emerging consumer business. ...more
Amanda Munday
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: business
I'm sure this book was valuable in 2013 - It was a little too basic for me in 2017. Yep, data driven is essential. But, let's come up with some amazing strategies for how to build off just calling out data as important. ...more
Heather
Oct 18, 2013 rated it liked it
A growth hacker is a software or computer engineer leading another team of engineers for the purpose of marketing. The concept of a growth hacker (and the point of Ryan's book) is that 'coding and technical chops are now an essential part of being a great marketer' (from Andrew Chen who is referenced in the book).

This was an alarming proposition for author Ryan Holiday as he is no engineer but is rather the VP of marketing of a large corporation (in addition to marketing for other well known cl
M.L. McIntosh
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a complete and utter beginner. A total noob. I have no ratings, next to no followers, and no idea. All I have are some books I've written (a product) that I think are great, but are ill-suited to a traditional publishing market. I've spent my entire life in the medical sciences, from micro labs to emergency rooms, psych wards, residency...

I can't fill out my taxes without help, you think I'm going to effectively market and indie sci fi novel? Goodnight.

If you're like me, and I suspect some
ThereWillBeBooks
Aug 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: business
I figure the kind of business lingo discussed in books like these will be useful to know and use, even if I have no idea what any of it means. Even if I don't have a business I will be able to blend in at fancy cocktail parties where all the avante-garde tech and new wave marketing people hang out and make small talk while I steal the hors d’oeuvres. At the very least this book should help me get some free shrimp cocktails.
Nhung Pham
Jun 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing, crap
Concepts and ideas used to define the Growth Hacker Marketing in this book are just a mixture of well-known approaches as Inbound Marketing and Integrated Marketing. Contemporary Mkt has rapidly and profoundly evolved since the rise of technology. It's absolutely not foolish as it was described in this book. ...more
Robert Szolga
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Traditional marketing no longer applies to the informational era. New startups come from behind with new ways of thinking and new marketing techniques that revolutionize everything we knew about advertising by now. From concepts like product-market fit, product recommendation and viral coefficients, this book will forever change the way you look at advertising and launching a business or product.

I recommend this book not only for marketing specialists but also for anyone who wants to start a bus
Abhijeet Jain
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marketing
A nice introduction about "growth hackers". The book is stuffed with numerous tactics used by top companies for the marketing, which obviously I loved.
Who should read this book?
If you want to know about growth hacking or you are just someone who wants to read about marketing.
Alexander Fitzgerald
Jul 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Short and timeless.

Ryan Holiday knows how to get your mind in the game.

I learned a ton from his case studies. He focuses on an overall approach that applies everywhere as opposed to specific details. It was definitely worth the couple of bucks I spent on it.
Josh Clausen
Maybe novel in 2014, but this blog-post-turned-novella was nothing more than pointing out that traditional marketing has changed.
Gabriel Lacerda
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good book to show you a lot of another options for marketing.
Alexis Chute
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed what I read but I wanted more. This felt like only an introduction to what would be a more fleshed out book. For that reason, it felt shallow and superficial. Even short ebooks should aim to be as rich and as helpful as possible, no? My 2/5 stars reflects this, not what I think about the author or the content, but more so the format the information was presented in.
Rob Mead
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Read as a B2B in 2020, so lots of it is self evident by now. Very consumer focused, and I disagree with the idea of virality over a flywheel
Anna
Jun 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
A short and sweet intro to growth marketing.
Diamond-Hope Kingston
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was written in 2013 but still proves to be an excellent read in 2020.

Recommend this to people starting out in product marketing.
Diyas
Feb 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
As I'm looking for something practical related to subjects in college, this book has every answers. ...more
Mamduh Halawa
Jul 26, 2021 rated it did not like it
This book serves as a decent introduction to growth marketing at a very superficial level. If you however have read at least one blog post about this subject, there is really nothing you can learn here.

Essentially a self-congratulatory and vague rambling about topics related to marketing, in a language that seems like a desperate attempt at capturing the readers attention to compensate for a total lack of substance.

Business-Related ...: Book # 28 Growth Hacker Marketing 1 8 Apr 06, 2016 07:19AM

• Hacking Growth: How Today's Fastest-Growing Companies Drive Breakout Success
  • Traction: A Startup Guide to Getting Customers
  • This is Marketing: You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn To See
  • Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers Into Friends And Friends Into Customers
  • Contagious: Why Things Catch On
  • The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing: Violate Them at Your Own Risk
  • Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable
  • Lean Analytics: Use Data to Build a Better Startup Faster
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
  • Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products
  • Crush It!: Why Now Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion
  • All Marketers Are Liars: The Power of Telling Authentic Stories in a Low-Trust World
  • วิชาธุรกิจที่ชีวิตจริงเป็นคนสอน 2
  • Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You
  • Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Finding Your Message, Building a Tribe, and Changing the World
  • Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even If You Hate Marketing and Selling
  • DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
See top shelves…
Ryan Holiday is media strategist for notorious clients like Tucker Max and Dov Charney. After dropping out of college at 19 to apprentice under the strategist Robert Greene, he went on to advise many bestselling authors and multi-platinum musicians. He is the Director of Marketing at American Apparel, where his work in advertising was internationally known. His strategies are used as case studies ...more

News & Interviews

“how do you get, maintain, and multiply attention in a scalable and efficient way?” 3 likes
“The end goal of every growth hacker is to build a self-perpetuating marketing machine that reaches millions by itself.” 2 likes