Start by marking “Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising” as Want to Read:

Gmail, Facebook, AirBnb, Evernote. A new generation of multibillion dollar brands have been built without spending a dime on traditional marketing techniques. No press releases, no PR firm, and no billboards in Times Square.

It wasn’t luck that took them from tiny start-ups to massive success. They have a new strategy, called Growth Hacking. And it works.

In this e-special,
Published September 3rd 2013 by Portfolio

To ask other readers questions about Growth Hacker Marketing, please sign up.
Shierra Wong try order the book or try find free read version of it, if found ;)
(its easier to read the summary also)

bdw my fav qoutes from the creator is
"When…more
try order the book or try find free read version of it, if found ;)
(its easier to read the summary also)

bdw my fav qoutes from the creator is
"When intteligent people read, they ask themself a simple question: What do i plan to do with this information?"

bdw pls visit me on agen judi bola .. thanks!(less)

Gary
Dec 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Though I found the Ryan Holiday’s Growth Hacker thought provoking and had several good ideas in it, I also found it frustrating.

My point of frustration may not really be Mr. Holiday fault, but just the same it was my main point of contention with the book. I have spent my career with multiple Business-to-Business (B2B) product companies. In most of these companies the product was complicated and had many parts and aspects to it (including software and hardware components).

Though clearly there ar
Jeff Standard
Jan 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book came off as a collection of self-promotional blog posts. About 1/3 of the book is spent trying to justify its own existence by talking up how you can forget everything you knew about traditional marketing. Where "traditional marketing" seems to consist mainly of running billboard or TV spots with expensive celebrities. The book's narrow-minded view of marketing really discredits what "non-growth hackers" actually do, while nebulously outlining what growth hackers actually do.

A positiv
Brad Feld
May 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: technology
I figured I’d read the cannon on Holiday so this was next. If you don’t know what “growth hacking” means, this is a good intro. But if you do, this is a waste of time.
Kirtida Gautam
Dec 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: chakra-3
The book is fine for a complete beginner. But it's quite at rookie level.
Laura Noggle
~ Basic and vague, yet still relevant. ~

At 56 pages, the ebook is worth the minimal time investment. This was my 4th Ryan Holiday book, and I'm a big fan, although Perennial Seller and Trust Me, I'm Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator were better.

“Marketing, too many people forget, is not an end unto itself. It is simply getting customers. And by the transitive property, anything that gets customers is marketing.”

"Growth-hacking is more of a mindset than a tool kit."

tl;dr:
Marketing is a s
Ola Olusoga
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing
Fantasy overview of what Growth hacking is, and how to apply it to your company. Dives into quick examples of how some of the top companies today applied growth hacker marketing tactics to their business.

Points from the book:

1.) Growth Hacking

Marketing isn't something you do at the end of a product, it's intertwined in all aspects of the creative process (design, engineering, business strategy). The days of taking the "hollywood" approach to marketing ( launching event, billboards, super bowl ad
John Konrad
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As a blogger and early Digg superuser I've had a ringside seat to many growth hacking campaigns and I've even done a bit of growth hacking myself but... the problem with growth hacking is there are countless hacks and a myriad of strategies but little has ever been done to connect the dots. Some books have enumerated some of these strategies and others have focused on individual pieces of the growth puzzle but each makes growth hacking appear chaotic and disorganized. The truth is that growth ha ...more
Trang Ngo
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
Chưa bao giờ đọc cái gì về growth hacking cả mặc dù đã nghe và nhìn thấy từ này rất nhiều lần và đã muốn tìm hiểu từ lâu. Chỉ biết growth hacking là cái gì đó liên quan đến startup. Xong tình cờ thấy cuốn này bìa bắt mắt lại liên quan tới marketing nên đọc thử. Cuốn này viết dễ hiểu và là một sự khởi đầu tốt với người mới làm quen như mình.

Tác giả nhắc nhiều lần trong cuốn sách rằng đây không phải cuốn sách dạy cách làm mà là cuốn sách để thay đổi mindset của những người làm marketing truyền thố
Raafat
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
فيسبوك وزينغا وغروبون وبينترست وغووغل ما دفعو ولا دولار للماركيتينغ. Growth Hacking عبارة عن 4 خطوات لازم تنعمل لأنو الماركيتينغ الحالي يلي عرفناه حالياً عم ينقرض ورح ياخد كل يلي عم يستعملوه متل التلفزيون واللوحات الإعلانية والجرايد والراديو. أول الكتاب حسيت هالشي مُبالغ فيه وهالطريقة بس بتنطبق عالمشاريع الأونلاين. بس وقت يحكي الكاتب أمثلة عن مشاريع عأرض الواقع. ووقت يحكيلك كيف نفّذ الـ Growth Hacking عالكتاب يلي بين إيديك هلأ وعم تقرؤوه. بتعرف انو الكوكب صار مكان كبير للإبداع وتحقيق كتير أحلام ...more
Aaron Goldfarb
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's gotten to the point where I simply do not miss a word Ryan Holiday writes--whether it's a Tweet, a blog post, or certainly a new book. I would have never expected his latest--a brief, cheap ($2.99), e-book-only work--to be such a game changer...if not a life changer. Before reading this, I didn't know the term "growth hacker," but now I can't imagine ever doing business without it. I suppose I'd always innately knew I needed growth hacking within the marketing for my own novels, but this is ...more
Oleksandr Golovatyi
A very short but useful book about new marketing rules, about sunset advertising on television and new ways of business promotion.
-----------------------
Очень коротенькая но полезная книга про новые правила маркетинга, про закат рекламы по телевидению и новые пути продвижения бизнесса.

I read this book on Scribd by
Readlax Chrome Extension
Maciek Wilczyński
Must-read position for traditional marketers and good compulsory read for start-up related people. The book presents the foundation, philosophy and key principles of growth hacking - the new way of attracting and maintaining clients in the long run. Few actionable tips, some great case studies. If you're looking for a book, which will tell you what to do, it's not the one. But if you're looking for a book, which will tell you how you should be thinking about marketing your product - go, run to t ...more
Zahra
Aug 19, 2018 added it
Who is "growth hacker " ??
I'm highly interested in modern job descriptions my first impressions about this term is what is it like to be a growth hacker I mean we've seen a lot of non-traditional companies , personal blogs or accounts or even a random youtube video going viral .. so what's the secret ?

Obviously a great marketing team of growth engineers working backstage to make this happen ..

" A growth Hacker is someone who has thrown out the playbook of traditional marketing and replaced it wi
Andreea Chiuaru
Inspiring, dar departe de a veni cu o revelație despre cum se fac campanii de succes (deși abundă de exemple faine de campanii și poziționări de brand). Aș include-o musai în bibliografia studenților de la Publicitate.
Amanda Munday
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: business
I'm sure this book was valuable in 2013 - It was a little too basic for me in 2017. Yep, data driven is essential. But, let's come up with some amazing strategies for how to build off just calling out data as important.
Vira
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Як мінімум тепер знаю хто такі гроуз хакери або хакери росту.
Книга про те як не робити дурної роботи, а створювати потрібні продукти для своєї аудиторії.
Маркетингом можна вважати все, що допомагає зростати.
Heather
Oct 18, 2013 rated it liked it
A growth hacker is a software or computer engineer leading another team of engineers for the purpose of marketing. The concept of a growth hacker (and the point of Ryan's book) is that 'coding and technical chops are now an essential part of being a great marketer' (from Andrew Chen who is referenced in the book).

This was an alarming proposition for author Ryan Holiday as he is no engineer but is rather the VP of marketing of a large corporation (in addition to marketing for other well known cl
Sheila Chang
O autor é formado em marketing e trabalha nessa área há anos, e então ele se depara com empresas digitais, mais precisamente startups, em que ele percebe que o que se sabe sobre marketing não se aplica ao DropBox, Instagram, Pinterest, entre outros.

O que o impressionou é que nenhuma das startups tinham o conceito de marketing (tradicional, pelo menos) e nem dinheiro. Sob o ponto de vista dele, as startups recriaram o marketing, que ele e outros autores chamam de growth hacking, por meio de ações
Nhung Pham
Jun 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing, crap
Concepts and ideas used to define the Growth Hacker Marketing in this book are just a mixture of well-known approaches as Inbound Marketing and Integrated Marketing. Contemporary Mkt has rapidly and profoundly evolved since the rise of technology. It's absolutely not foolish as it was described in this book.
Aaron Wolfson
This books packs a real punch in 56 pages. It gives you everything you need to know to adopt a growth-hacking mindset, which is the way marketing will be done exclusively in the future.
Gabija Adomaitienė
Aug 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Senos kartos rinkodarininkams bus labai naudinga. Mano atveju, daug kas jau buvo žinoma. Tačiau idėjù pasisėmiau, o nuo kai kuriù žiniù nupūčiau dulkes. Nebloga, greitai ir lengvai skaitoma, gerai sustrateguota ir parašyta aiškia, suprantama kalba. Labai patogu, kad yra terminù žodynėlis, kuris ne tik sausai paaiškina termino reikšmę, bet ir pateikia pavyzdžiú, ar išsamesnį paaiškinimà. Knyga ne stebuklas, tačiau tikrai Rekomenduočiau visiems, norinties išsigryninti internetinės rinkodaros ir ma ...more
Abhijeet Jain
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marketing
A nice introduction about "growth hackers". The book is stuffed with numerous tactics used by top companies for the marketing, which obviously I loved.
Who should read this book?
If you want to know about growth hacking or you are just someone who wants to read about marketing.
Aura Espitia Muñoz Cota
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Es un libro muy interesante y útil para cualquiera que esté emprendiendo o como parte de un equipo de mercadotecnia. Habla desde la experiencia y ofrece muchos recursos para seguir aprendiendo y poner en práctica.
Vanessa Puga
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ideas concisas y a lo que vamos. Necesario para los que trabajamos en digital, medios y usamos las redes sociales con frecuencia o como modo de vida.
Josh Clausen
Maybe novel in 2014, but this blog-post-turned-novella was nothing more than pointing out that traditional marketing has changed.
Gabriel Lacerda
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good book to show you a lot of another options for marketing.
Ash
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I read this more some work related enlightenment, but it was stuff I pretty much knew already. At least it was quick.
Ernest Junius
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wake Up, Advertising
A review of Growth Hacker Marketing

Although the slogan “Advertising is Dead” has been proclaimed again and again by iconoclasts and innovators around the world since the beginning of the millennium, it might not be entirely true—especially in this country (Indonesia) where big companies are still taking advantage of oblivious citizens who are mostly still residing in rural areas away from civilisation and high-speed internet connection. To say advertising is dying is more acc
Aniruddh Sudharshan
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Work based reading
Rajesh Math
It is basically an overview of an overview.... not worth the time if you are seriously into the subject
Business-Related ...: Book # 28 Growth Hacker Marketing 1 5 Apr 06, 2016 07:19AM
  • The Membership Economy
  • Brains on Fire: Igniting Powerful, Sustainable, Word of Mouth Movements
  • Lean Startup Marketing
  • Do It! Marketing: 77 Instant-Action Ideas to Boost Sales, Maximize Profits, and Crush Your Competition
  • The Power of Starting Something Stupid: How to Crush Fear, Make Dreams Happen, and Live without Regret
  • Clockwork: Design Your Business to Run Itself
  • Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life. Your Future Depends on It.
  • The Bootstrapper's Bible: How to Start and Build a Business with a Great Idea and (Almost) No Money
  • Youtility: Why Smart Marketing Is about Help Not Hype
  • What Great Brands Do: The Seven Brand-Building Principles That Separate the Best from the Rest
  • Eating the Big Fish: How Challenger Brands Can Compete Against Brand Leaders
  • Traction: A Startup Guide to Getting Customers
  • Unlabel: Selling You Without Selling Out
  • Clout: The Art and Science of Influential Web Content
  • Giftology: The Art and Science of Using Gifts to Cut Through the Noise, Increase Referrals, and Strengthen Retention
  • Velocity: The Seven New Laws for a World Gone Digital
  • APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur. How to Publish a Book
  • The Lean Entrepreneur: How Visionaries Create Products, Innovate with New Ventures, and Disrupt Markets
Ryan Holiday is media strategist for notorious clients like Tucker Max and Dov Charney. After dropping out of college at 19 to apprentice under the strategist Robert Greene, he went on to advise many bestselling authors and multi-platinum musicians. He is the Director of Marketing at American Apparel, where his work in advertising was internationally known. His strategies are used as case studies ...more
“The end goal of every growth hacker is to build a self-perpetuating marketing machine that reaches millions by itself.” 2 likes
“... coding and technical chops are now an essential part of being a great marketer. Growth hackers are a hybrid of marketer and coder...” 2 likes