Start by marking “Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising” as Want to Read:

Gmail, Facebook, AirBnb, Evernote. A new generation of multibillion dollar brands have been built without spending a dime on traditional marketing techniques. No press releases, no PR firm, and no billboards in Times Square.

It wasn’t luck that took them from tiny start-ups to massive success. They have a new strategy, called Growth Hacking. And it works.

In this e-special,
Published September 3rd 2013 by Portfolio (first published September 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Growth Hacker Marketing, please sign up.
Shierra Wong try order the book or try find free read version of it, if found ;)
(its easier to read the summary also)

bdw my fav qoutes from the creator is
"When int…more
try order the book or try find free read version of it, if found ;)
(its easier to read the summary also)

bdw my fav qoutes from the creator is
"When intteligent people read, they ask themself a simple question: What do i plan to do with this information?"

bdw pls visit me on agen judi bola .. thanks!(less)

Start your review of Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising
Gary
Dec 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Though I found the Ryan Holiday’s Growth Hacker thought provoking and had several good ideas in it, I also found it frustrating.

My point of frustration may not really be Mr. Holiday fault, but just the same it was my main point of contention with the book. I have spent my career with multiple Business-to-Business (B2B) product companies. In most of these companies the product was complicated and had many parts and aspects to it (including software and hardware components).

Though clearly there ar
Jeff Standard
Jan 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book came off as a collection of self-promotional blog posts. About 1/3 of the book is spent trying to justify its own existence by talking up how you can forget everything you knew about traditional marketing. Where "traditional marketing" seems to consist mainly of running billboard or TV spots with expensive celebrities. The book's narrow-minded view of marketing really discredits what "non-growth hackers" actually do, while nebulously outlining what growth hackers actually do.

A positiv
Brad Feld
May 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: technology
I figured I’d read the cannon on Holiday so this was next. If you don’t know what “growth hacking” means, this is a good intro. But if you do, this is a waste of time.
Kirtida Gautam
Dec 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: chakra-3
The book is fine for a complete beginner. But it's quite at rookie level.
Laura Noggle
~ Basic and vague, yet still relevant. ~

At 56 pages, the ebook is worth the minimal time investment. This was my 4th Ryan Holiday book, and I'm a big fan, although Perennial Seller and Trust Me, I'm Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator were better.

“Marketing, too many people forget, is not an end unto itself. It is simply getting customers. And by the transitive property, anything that gets customers is marketing.”

"Growth-hacking is more of a mindset than a tool kit."

tl;dr:
Marketing is a s
Ola Olusoga
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing
Fantasy overview of what Growth hacking is, and how to apply it to your company. Dives into quick examples of how some of the top companies today applied growth hacker marketing tactics to their business.

Points from the book:

1.) Growth Hacking

Marketing isn't something you do at the end of a product, it's intertwined in all aspects of the creative process (design, engineering, business strategy). The days of taking the "hollywood" approach to marketing ( launching event, billboards, super bowl ad
John Konrad
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As a blogger and early Digg superuser I've had a ringside seat to many growth hacking campaigns and I've even done a bit of growth hacking myself but... the problem with growth hacking is there are countless hacks and a myriad of strategies but little has ever been done to connect the dots. Some books have enumerated some of these strategies and others have focused on individual pieces of the growth puzzle but each makes growth hacking appear chaotic and disorganized. The truth is that growth ha ...more
Dipanshu Rawal
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book Review in 5 sentences-

1. First step.
Figuring out what people really want from your product.
Because, even if your prototypes are bug-free and flawless, they'll fail if there's no actual demand for them.

2. Don't target everybody.
Target early adopters, or those eager to try new things.
Since most people won't become customers, it would be a massive waste of time and resources to try to reach them.

3. Retain your customers.
Be oriented toward customer retention.
Centre your marketing effort
Aaron Goldfarb
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's gotten to the point where I simply do not miss a word Ryan Holiday writes--whether it's a Tweet, a blog post, or certainly a new book. I would have never expected his latest--a brief, cheap ($2.99), e-book-only work--to be such a game changer...if not a life changer. Before reading this, I didn't know the term "growth hacker," but now I can't imagine ever doing business without it. I suppose I'd always innately knew I needed growth hacking within the marketing for my own novels, but this is ...more
Oleksandr Golovatyi
A very short but useful book about new marketing rules, about sunset advertising on television and new ways of business promotion.
-----------------------
Очень коротенькая но полезная книга про новые правила маркетинга, про закат рекламы по телевидению и новые пути продвижения бизнесса.

I read this book on Scribd by
Readlax Chrome Extension
Maciek Wilczyński
Must-read position for traditional marketers and good compulsory read for start-up related people. The book presents the foundation, philosophy and key principles of growth hacking - the new way of attracting and maintaining clients in the long run. Few actionable tips, some great case studies. If you're looking for a book, which will tell you what to do, it's not the one. But if you're looking for a book, which will tell you how you should be thinking about marketing your product - go, run to t ...more
Amanda Munday
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: business
I'm sure this book was valuable in 2013 - It was a little too basic for me in 2017. Yep, data driven is essential. But, let's come up with some amazing strategies for how to build off just calling out data as important.
Mati
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
It's like a 50 page blog post. If you know nothing about growth, it may point you to some basic topics.
Heather
Oct 18, 2013 rated it liked it
A growth hacker is a software or computer engineer leading another team of engineers for the purpose of marketing. The concept of a growth hacker (and the point of Ryan's book) is that 'coding and technical chops are now an essential part of being a great marketer' (from Andrew Chen who is referenced in the book).

This was an alarming proposition for author Ryan Holiday as he is no engineer but is rather the VP of marketing of a large corporation (in addition to marketing for other well known cl
Nhung Pham
Jun 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing, crap
Concepts and ideas used to define the Growth Hacker Marketing in this book are just a mixture of well-known approaches as Inbound Marketing and Integrated Marketing. Contemporary Mkt has rapidly and profoundly evolved since the rise of technology. It's absolutely not foolish as it was described in this book.
Aaron Wolfson
This books packs a real punch in 56 pages. It gives you everything you need to know to adopt a growth-hacking mindset, which is the way marketing will be done exclusively in the future.
Abhijeet Jain
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marketing
A nice introduction about "growth hackers". The book is stuffed with numerous tactics used by top companies for the marketing, which obviously I loved.
Who should read this book?
If you want to know about growth hacking or you are just someone who wants to read about marketing.
Josh Clausen
Maybe novel in 2014, but this blog-post-turned-novella was nothing more than pointing out that traditional marketing has changed.
Gabriel Lacerda
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good book to show you a lot of another options for marketing.
Alexis Chute
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed what I read but I wanted more. This felt like only an introduction to what would be a more fleshed out book. For that reason, it felt shallow and superficial. Even short ebooks should aim to be as rich and as helpful as possible, no? My 2/5 stars reflects this, not what I think about the author or the content, but more so the format the information was presented in.
Rob Mead
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Read as a B2B in 2020, so lots of it is self evident by now. Very consumer focused, and I disagree with the idea of virality over a flywheel
Anna Mezhova
Jun 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
A short and sweet intro to growth marketing.
Mandi Ehman
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a short-and-sweet intro to growth hacker marketing, and I appreciated both the way it was organized and the examples Ryan Holiday used throughout. Although I've been in this space of growth hacking for awhile, it was helpful for me to see the differences between growth hacking and traditional marketing laid out, and I found it great for idea generation!
Ernest Junius
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wake Up, Advertising
A review of Growth Hacker Marketing

Although the slogan “Advertising is Dead” has been proclaimed again and again by iconoclasts and innovators around the world since the beginning of the millennium, it might not be entirely true—especially in this country (Indonesia) where big companies are still taking advantage of oblivious citizens who are mostly still residing in rural areas away from civilisation and high-speed internet connection. To say advertising is dying is more acc
Ash
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I read this more some work related enlightenment, but it was stuff I pretty much knew already. At least it was quick.
Aniruddh Sudharshan
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Work based reading
Rajesh Math
It is basically an overview of an overview.... not worth the time if you are seriously into the subject
M.L. McIntosh
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a complete and utter beginner. A total noob. I have no ratings, next to no followers, and no idea. All I have are some books I've written (a product) that I think are great, but are ill-suited to a traditional publishing market. I've spent my entire life in the medical sciences, from micro labs to emergency rooms, psych wards, residency...

I can't fill out my taxes without help, you think I'm going to effectively market and indie sci fi novel? Goodnight.

If you're like me, and I suspect some
Molly Looby
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An incredible read. Full of amazing tips. Well worth a read!
Nicole
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paperback
As someone who used to be in social media and who likes to stay current on the latest trends, applying them to my own current and future projects, I am always on the lookout for great, inspiring business books. Enter Ryan Holiday’s new book.

Growth Hacker Marketing details Holiday’s strategies for ‘hacking’ business growth during the creative/production process and ways innovative companies (start-ups) have combined PR, Marketing and Advertising…Giving case studies presented in fact-filled conver
Business-Related ...: Book # 28 Growth Hacker Marketing 1 8 Apr 06, 2016 07:19AM

• Hacking Growth: How Today's Fastest-Growing Companies Drive Breakout Success
  • Contagious: Why Things Catch On
  • This is Marketing: You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn To See
  • The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing: Violate Them at Your Own Risk
  • Traction: A Startup Guide to Getting Customers
  • Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • Ca$hvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone
  • All Marketers Are Liars: The Power of Telling Authentic Stories in a Low-Trust World
  • #AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur's Take on Leadership, Social Media, and Self-Awareness
  • Marketing: A Love Story: How to Matter to Your Customers
  • Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers Into Friends And Friends Into Customers
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
  • Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable
  • Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence—and How You Can, Too
  • Content Inc.: How Entrepreneurs Use Content to Build Massive Audiences and Create Radically Successful Businesses
  • Crush It!: Why Now Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion
Ryan Holiday is media strategist for notorious clients like Tucker Max and Dov Charney. After dropping out of college at 19 to apprentice under the strategist Robert Greene, he went on to advise many bestselling authors and multi-platinum musicians. He is the Director of Marketing at American Apparel, where his work in advertising was internationally known. His strategies are used as case studies ...more

News & Interviews

“The end goal of every growth hacker is to build a self-perpetuating marketing machine that reaches millions by itself.” 2 likes
“people [who are] thinking about things other than making the best product, never make the best product.” 2 likes