Start by marking “Giggles (a novella)” as Want to Read:
Giggles (a novella)

Giggles (a novella)

It was supposed to be a simple robbery. But when things go horribly wrong and a bank teller winds up dead, Chad and Ray need to keep themselves hidden from the law. They find a house where conveniently the family is absent. It should've been the perfect place for them to stay out of danger.

But there's a greater danger lurking inside. A child's sock monkey waits
Published August 28th 2013 by Michael Crane

To ask other readers questions about Giggles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Giggles

Start your review of Giggles (a novella)
Eric Townsend
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
I’ve read a few of Michael Crane’s short stories and really have enjoyed them, most notably Lessons (and Other Morbid Drabbles) which I reviewed last year and gave 5/5. So perhaps I came with too high of expectations when I decided to read Giggles for this week’s Killing My Kindle.

Giggles is a sock monkey, a demented sock monkey, and that part does come through in Giggles (the story) rather well. He’s a bit goofy and he uses stereotypical horror movie scenes and then openly mocks the
Adenike
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for something different
Recommended to Adenike by: No one
I thought this was a great story... very demented. I did feel that the Monkey's voice (his verbiage and his tone) should have been a little creepier... more like Gollum (the thing that kept saying "my precious" from Lord of the Rings). I was looking for a hysterically creepier tone for the monkey, but in the end the whole story worked for me. I really enjoyed it. "Giggles" kept me turning the page. I'll be sure to pick up another story by Mr. Crane.
M.P. McDonald
K. Crumley
Aug 17, 2015
Yadira
Dec 18, 2017
Michael Crane is an indie author and scribbler of inane babble that can sometimes end up as stories. He went to Columbia College Chicago where he earned a BA in Fiction Writing and drank way too many Red Bulls. He is the author of IN DECLINE and LESSONS AND OTHER MORBID DRABBLES, and he also might've written two books while he was in high school, but they are absolutely dreadful and he cautions pe ...more