Start by marking “Azure (Drowning In You)” as Want to Read:
Azure (Drowning In You)

Azure (Drowning In You)

A terrible mistake haunts college student Olivia Spencer. To escape the past, she travels to the Mediterranean island of Crete, hoping for the courage to start anew.

By the sea, she meets sexy and enigmatic Kai. But there’s more to Kai than meets the eye — and nobody wants to talk about it. The locals shun him, accusing him of magic. Kai, apparently, belongs to the sea, no
Published September 2nd 2013

To ask other readers questions about Azure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Azure

Glass
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Review from Way Too Hot Books

Rating: 3.5 stars

Better than I expected. One of the reasons why I was excited to read Azure is because it was written by European author. I didn't have high hopes, to be honest with you - I ended disappointed far more times than amazed by this type of books. Chrystalla Thoma, my fellow Balkan girl, managed to pull me into the story and make me forget about everything else.

Is it realistic or paranormal? This is one tough book to label. It's not paranormal in the terms
Jonel
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This novel definitely has a good pace to storyline ratio. Although the pace of the different scenes varies, it always matches well with the action at hand. It’s a very smooth read. It’s also a mythologically sound novel. Thoma ensures to present all background information to her readers, and where it differs from common myths she elaborates to draw us further in. It was so well put together that I found myself believing in the myths and legends that surround this story.

This author’s enticing an
Sophia
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: na, review-requests
I read this as part of the Red Hot Lovers Box Set. This was another new to me author and I found her writing enchanting. This was a New Adult story, but it had the flavor of an older style romantic suspense. There is a hint of magic or is there? The reader is never sure and neither is the heroine as her holiday to Crete involves more than exploring its fabulous culture, beaches, and food.

Olivia has joined her two friends on their group holiday to Crete in an effort to get over a recent break up.
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
We are The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club, to know more about this book, go to the post in our website:

Azure (Drowning In You) by Chrystalla Thoma

If you are interested, you can visit our website:

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club's Review:

Review:

Azure was quite a surprising book for me. It was nice to read a New Adult novel with a paranormal touch in it. And it is simply an amazing story thanks to the author, Chrystalla Thoma, that makes it eas
Farrah
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lovely, romantic, and with a hint of magic, Azure was a wonderful New Adult romance. I really enjoyed reading this book.

Both of the main characters were great. Olivia was a strong heroine. She hadn't had the easiest time, with her friend's death and a bad breakup with her boyfriend. But, she got through it all. And, she dealt with all the craziness surrounding Kai, determined to be with him. I really liked her. Kai was also great. He has a lot of demons in his past. A boating accident killed his
Arlene Webb
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Azure is a keeper to treasure and re-read. Between a fresh plot, a likable heroine with some baggage that includes a tragedy and an ex, a moody and intriguing hero whose caught between the sea and love (it’s wonderfully well written how a deft touch of paranormal makes Kai so fascinating and sexy), the fast pace with unexpected twists, and such a vivid setting, I can’t think of a romance I've enjoyed more in quite some time. I usually skip quotes or lines that start chapters, but I was sucked in ...more
Michelle
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved Azure. I sat down to read the a little bit of this book, but I ended up blowing off errands and dinner and a phone call last night. I was just entranced by the story. I loved the lore and magical quality of the island. And I was basically as desperate as Liv to find out what the heck was going on with Kai. The romance between the two of them is really the star of the story. It is wonderfully developed, and not rushed at all. You just watch as it organically grows between the two of them. ...more
Crina (Reading Addict)
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received this book for a honest review and as a part of the tour! Thanks!:) Original post on: http://nervidetoamna.blogspot.ro/

I guess I don't have to say more about what this book is about, cause is my opinion, the synopsis is giving away enough. And I don't want that you know the whole story before reading the book, because is not a good thing, and you won't enjoy it, anymore.

This book is a easy, light, summer read. Is a book that you read fast, you enjoy, you like the characters, you want
Elizabeth
Sep 13, 2013 rated it liked it
★ ★ ★
This book's mysterious synopsis caught my attention. And it was the constant unanswered questions that kept me reading this book. I constantly had a theory about Kai and the reason for his behavior. I keep turning the page because I had to know if I was right or not. I felt it was a bit slow paced in some parts.

However, it is definitely different than any other book I have read. It is new adult but to specify the genre anymore it quite difficult - magic is mentioned but you will have to re
crashqueen73
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
A girl on holidays in the ancient city of Crete, meets a mysterious boy on the beach.

A legend, ancient history and myths.

I really enjoyed reading about Kai, the mysterious boy on the beach! I would have LOVED to read his POV at some points throughout the book! The mystery surrounding him made for great reading.

Olivia was the girl "saving" Kai from himself, really. Even though the story was written from her perspective I sometimes felt a little annoyed with her.

Her friends were not all the usefu
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I so enjoyed this story. I sat & basically ignored everything around me to read this little gem.
This story was based in Crete. Olivia one of the main characters visited this island to heal. Kai the main male character was also trying to heal. Throw in some Shakespeare quotes & some ancient myths & this story turned into a fabulous read.
This is certainly a lovely beach read & I will definitely be recommending it to friends. I will be keeping this on my kindle for a re read.
This
Sara
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
I had such high hopes for this book!
Olivia is a depressed martyr and so is Kai, they're surrounded by bigots and plagued by a possible supernatural force. I don't think the author's first language must be English as some of it reads in an accent that is definitely not the American one that was meant to be depicted.
I liked the idea, I liked the love. The execution was just plain weird but I got through it.
A.R. Von
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another awesome read that I got free on Amazon. Very emotional, touching, fun, mysterious and satisfying. I do still want more of this delightful (kismit) couple and their HEA ending :)
Sabrina Olteanu
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for my honest review. Thank you Itching for Books and Chrystalla Thoma.

This is the first time I’ve ever read anything written by Chrystalla Thoma, and I have to say that after reading this book, she is close of becoming one of my favorite authors. This book was great! I wanted to read it right after I saw the blurb and my hunch was right, I loved the book! I’ve read my share of contemporary romances and believe when I say that I’m sick of reading the same thing,
Sam
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
The only New Adult novels I have read previously have been contemporary reads, so Azure was a very different New Adult experience, and certainly not a bad one.

Olivia is vacationing in Crete with her friends Kirsten and Markus, and doing her best to forget her past for a while. Crete seems like an amazing escape: sunshine, gorgeous beaches, and an even more gorgeous boy, Kai.
Kai is different and gorgeous but also feared and and prejudiced against by the locals, who accuse him of something that se
Elena Love
Dec 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I'll start by saying that one of the main reasons I decided to read this book was because the author is from Greece and Cyprus (not saying that I read books based on where the author is from) and I'm from Cyprus and Greece is like...something like a second home to me.It's also one of my biggest weaknesses if that makes any sense.I love Greece and everything that has to do with it.I've visited Greece a thousand times and it's still not enough.I couldn't resist and had to read Azure.The synopsis w
Cassandra Javier
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
this review plus an interview with the author will be seen on my blog the enigma of herselfstarting Nov 18th for the Azure blog tour.

At first, I was not really sure about this since I'm too critical of Fantasy/Romance related stuff sometimes, but, boy oh boy, after a couple of pages, I literally just couldn't put this down.

Azure is about Olivia, who is trying to escape her past and her broken heart by traveling to Crete, a beautiful, almost unreal Mediterranean Island. There she meets Kai. Stron
Jessica Adkins-Charles {Bottles & Books Reviews}
This book is a great summer read for all of those who enjoy bringing a book to the beach. With a fresh plot, Azure is well written and unique.

The mystery and allure of Kai and the ocean leads the reader to keep reading to the very end but the amazing mix of history, local lore, and poetry come together to make the book whole.

The Shakespeare quotes are of course great...The man was a genius with words after all...but the lines of the fictional Myra Crow put a fresh and modern perspective on them.
Book-Lover Book Blog
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*ARC exchanged for honest review - as part of Red Hot Lover's boxset*

Olivia finds her self half way across the world, after an exchange program in Germany, she and her friends venture on a two week holiday in Crete. Olivia has had a tough year, with haunted images occupying her mind, a holiday is just what she needs. After exploring a little of the beaches and hotel bar, she finds herself in the presence of a young, attractive, saddened guy, Kai. He's down right miserable, never laughs and never
Debbie Bennett
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? This is possibly the best, the most polished, complete novel I've read in a long time. Everything works on several levels and it all knits together to form a perfect garment of a story, hanging perfectly, fitted in all the right places....

Olivia and Kai meet in Crete. They're both running from their pasts. Olivia's nursing a broken heart, and Kai's broken in so many ways it's hard for Olivia to know where to start. All she knows is that he's seriously sexy, unbearably sad and mys
Sabrina Devonshire
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Olivia travels to Crete with her friends after a recent breakup with her boyfriend and tragic loss. During the two-week vacation, she falls for a man named Kai with a mysterious, tragic past.

The author's descriptions of the country were marvelous - I felt like I was really there. And the story kept me guessing so I found it hard to put it down. It was an ideal, relaxing weekend read. I found the dialogue occasionally clunky and found it hard to believe any woman (especially a college student on
Ronni
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rick Taubold
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Once again Chrystalla Thoma demonstrates her superb writing talent marvelously written and well-edited book and demonstrates that one can create a self-published novel that is indistinguishable from a commercially published one from cover to last page.

The reader is immediately drawn into the characters, the unsettled Olivia and the brooding Kai, and weaves a wonderful story filled with mystery around them in a gorgeous setting on the island of Crete. This is a breezy read and a difficult book to
Diane Lang
Oct 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I found Azure a very enjoyable read - light, sweet with a wonderful poignancy. Whilst I prefer the gritter "Boreal & John Grey" stories, I found this romance set in Crete very well done. There is enough of an otherworldly element to add depth to Olivia and Kai's developing relationship without overwhelming it. I loved the ending!

Chrystalla has a knack writing wonderful, romantic stories that don't drown in too much angst and drama, something hard to find in young adult/new adult books. I als
Laura Albins
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely read. First off, I have to say, I am slightly gutted that despite three visits to Crete, I never met a Kai! But reading about him was the next best thing, I loved the characters, the setting was beautifully drawn and the story well plotted and paced. Kept the pages turning rapidly until I reached the end. I especially liked the concept of 'sneaky wine' - I seem to come across a lot of that :-)
Sophia Gooden
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was story was a very unexpected and pleasant story of true love and the obstacles that comes along with it, I couldn't put the book down. I almost wish that there is a sequal to this story to know what happens with Kai and Olivia after reuniting in New York.
Malala Chance
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Great plot, mediocre development.
Dena
Apr 19, 2014 rated it really liked it

Interesting reading with a story, history, food and old folklore. Fun and interesting read. Cute love story with mystery and sadness
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, na-pnr
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Meagan's Marine (Halos & Horns, #3)
  • Kiss the Tiger (Parkside Avenue Book #1)
  • Frostbite (Touch of Frost #1)
  • Waiting for Grace
  • For the Love of Gracie (The Southern Devotion Series, #1)
  • Mistaken (Your Love Is Dangerous, #1)
  • When You Come To Me
  • Hunted (Tainted Elements, #5)
  • A Red, Red Rose
  • Cat Got Your Tongue?
  • Beautiful Mess (Beautiful Mess #1)
  • Here With Me
  • Captivate (Love & Lust, #1)
  • Psycho Inside Me
  • The Blood Scion (The Scion Legacy #1)
  • Life, A.D.: Life, After. Dez. (Atman City, #1)
  • The Undead Heart (Blood Thirst, #1)
  • Lethal Confessions
Greek Cypriot with a penchant for dark myths and good food. I have proven my tendency to settle down anywhere but at home by having lived and studied in France, England, Germany and Costa Rica, before returning to Cyprus two years ago.
I like to write about fantastical creatures, crazy adventures, and family bonds. I live in Cyprus with my husband and my vast herds of books. I write fantasy and sci
“It was as if life elsewhere was a reflection through a dusty glass, and this was the real deal.” 0 likes