Start by marking “Destry (Rough and Hard, #1)” as Want to Read:
Destry (Rough and Hard, #1)

Destry

(Rough and Hard #1)

Rancher Destry Reeves is your typical country boy; he believes in hard work and the easy life. None of which he recognises in Amelia Highsmith.

When a chance encounter involving a cow, a truck and a dark Texan night puts the two on a collision course, it's not long before the fireworks begin and the simple life is turned upside down.

The last thing Amelia expects is for a b
136 pages
Published March 25th 2014 (first published March 22nd 2014)

• Lisa •
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it
THREE COWBOY STARS.

"Drawn together by an inexplicable attraction, Destry and Amelia must decide if such an unlikely pairing can ever survive."

description

I was looking for a cowboy fix and that's exactly what I got. 'Destry' was what I fondly like to call a 'quickie romance'. Sexy, romantic and plenty of storyline to keep me interested, I'm glad I took up the recommendation to read this first book in this series. Lola Stark is a 'new to me' author and one I'm sure I'll be looking out for in the future.
Diana's
4 Cowboy~Licous Stars!!

photo 7f871bd9-1659-48c7-82c4-9020c58efd68_zps81cc8a7f.gif

This was such a treat.. it was sexy and sweet!!

Both Destry & Amelia have been burned bad and have had to deal with trying to pick up the pieces after a disastrous relationship

Amelia has taken off trying to find herself after a horrible betrayal and has crashed quiet literally into Destry's Life.
 photo 7072cb59e054034882b18cc20add54f9_zpsd4fb91c0.jpg
Destry's this Brooding, sexy as sin Cowboy that doesn't trust easily but somehow managed to let down his guard long enough for this sultry City girl turned Cow Girl to take hol
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it

I have a lady boner for Lola Fucking Stark.
Everyone knows it. Including her. Seriosuly, have you seen how hot she is?
ANYWAY!
So when she told me she was writing a cowboy.
 photo happyclap_zps2ad6d4f0.gif

Then she showed me the cover
 photo lickingponys_zps5145aa31.gif

This book was VERY different to her other work. Conflicted LoveTattered Love
Wanna know why?

BECAUSE IT’S A DIFFERENT BOOK. ABOUT DIFFERENT CHARACTERS

You can totally still tell this book was all Lola, it had her signature all over over it, but imagine it wasn’t different? Then people would be
Beth
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Cow Punching Stars

You know how you get so mad you just want to hit something? When you are frustrated, upset, just plain pissed off? Remember when Rocky punched those sides of beef to get in shape? Well, there are no sides of beef here, but there is cow punching. Just to let off some steam.

Amelia is not really a happy gal. She is engaged to a jerk. A jerk her family loves. She does not. But her family really doesn't seem to care about Amelia's happiness. Only the appearance of happiness.

Highs
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
okay can I please have one of these cowboy's...
I loved Destry... Awesome cowboy book. Haven't read that much cowboy books but this one... No words.

Definitely on my book boyfriend list :-)
Derna
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received a copy of in exchange for an honest review.

I’m a sucker for a hot cowboy, and Destry Reeves was one. He takes care of the Ranch and his family. He’s not looking for love and definitely not with a city girl. He was sexy, smoldering, stubborn, protective, but really sweet once he lets his walls down. Did I love Destry oh yes I did!!

"Sweet, baby Jesus. He was hot! Not just hot, but mess-your-panties devastatingly hot."

Amelia Highsmith was a city girl unhappy in her always being told wh
KathyAnne
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
My addiction to cowboy hotness is getting stronger by the day... oh well... there could be worse things to be addicted to I suppose! This cover is superb! Screen Saver worthy I tell you... :) Anyway, I suppose I should get on with my review...
I didn't realize this was a novella when I requested it... only around 140 pages... so this is short, sweet, steamy and to the point! I wish it had been longer. That would be my only criticism really. It needed a little more character development in the be
Krissy
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a quick, easy enjoyable read.

Destry is your cocky, sexy cowboy who comes across as arrogant at first, then let's down his guide to expose the caring guy underneath. He is running the family ranch with his brother's and taking care or his family.

Amelia is a strong, sassy, city girl who has left her family seeking independence and a new path in life after she makes a disgusting revelation about her family and jack ass finance.

A chance encounter between these two and a cow... yes a cow, sta
Aimie
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I managed to get my sneaky little mitts on an early copy of Destry. *insert high pitched squeal*
I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was different, compared to Lola's other books Tattered Love and Conflicted Love. It was more of a contemporary romance, I really liked this change in Lola's writing, I found that Destry came across as a more personal book. Lola has mentioned that this was written during some tough times, and without knowing what those tough times where you could feel it, her h
Heather andrews
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Let's just say I love Lola's cowboys as much as I love her inked hotties. I mean Destry his mind is all man, "she'd torn her skirt trying to jump in my truck. She'd also given me the perfect excuse to get a hand on her a**. Only problem with that was the hard-on I'd been sporting. She wasn't helping any, crossing and uncrossing her legs." I mean together Destry and Amelia are animals, "my hand wrapped around his denim covered erection. A growl tore through his chest, and before I could blink, my ...more
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Beautiful

SPOILERS SPOILERS pls be warned!!!!
wow I love me some cowboys any one who knows me well enough no this is my favorite kinda story!!!
I loved Destry his brothers but damn I got so excited about his brother coming out cos y'all no me and my mm cowboys :) *happy dance*
anyways so getting of topic right now I really enjoyed this story it was beautifully sexy and well told!!!
I really enjoyed the way Lola told us there story and the build up in there relationship was perfect. It had me hooke
Rachel Hendry
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow...I have been looking forward to this book since it was announced and it did not disappoint in any way.
It was exactly what was promised ...short...sweet...feelgood and very sexy.
Destry...wow what a hot cowboy and I loved the character of Amelia...a great female lead, determined and sassy and they made a perfect couple....eventually!
The brothers...well wow again...it kinda seems unfair all that hotness in one family!
A perfect story to start and I am so looking forward to the next book and tha
Pammy
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*4.5/5 stars*

ARC was given to me in exchange for a honest review...

THIS WAS A SUPER EASY & GOOD READ!!!

Im not usually a Cowboy loving lady, but no joke im sold. This brilliant author seriously has made me adore some southern gents!

See what i said there?

Ohh yeah there is more than one!!!
Brothers!!!
Oh & seriously, how hot is the name Destry! ;)

*swoons & fans face*

Once you read this book you will also want to be manhandled by him hehe!!!

A must read! :)
Kylie Care
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy Moses Lola! That was one hot cowboy story!!

And that epilogue eeekkkk I hope have nearly finished cos I don't think I can wait for number 2!

Congrats on another fabulous story!
Vanessa
My sexy Cowboy...yeah, I cannot wait!

Beta-Reading for Lola Stark is an honor & her stories make me fall in love with love...every.single.time. Review to come with Release, it was amazing.
Chris- Bookaddict
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sexy Cowboy what more needs to be said.... I devoured this book in less than 24 hrs. Lola has done it again with another great story.

Full review to come during blog tour next week
Rebecca
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I’m a huge Lola Stark fan. I love her Needle’s Kiss series; it has great characters with awesome storylines. When I found out that Lola was writing a cowboy book, I couldn’t wait to see what she had in store for readers with this one. I loved Destry; yes, it is more of a contemporary romance…a bit different from her other series, but it’s still Lola; in fact, it seems immensely personal…she makes a point to explain at the beginning of the text that she wrote this book at a time where she felt a ...more
Kim
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Amelia was living the picture perfect life from the outside, but turned out it really was not perfect at all. While trying to start a new life, one mishap found her in need of a savior. Enter Destry, the sexy, cowboy who is not a big fan of city girls...usually.

She might be sexy as all get up, but she was a city girl. It was written all over her. And city girls didn't dance with country boys.

They look, they lust, they spark, and they deny. Destry is not as friendly as his brothers. He thinks sh
Kristine GPI Bookblog
I was gifted an ecopy of Destry in exchange for an honest review.

For anyone who knows me knows that I love a good alpha male lead, rockstar, badass biker, billionaire - I love 'em all, but my weakness, is most definitely a cocky cowboy, stick a Stetson on him and I'm done! So Lola Stark already had my interest piqued with that fact alone. One of the things I love most about Lola's books are her kickass female leads, I find I read all too often about females who are plagued with self confidence i
Emily-Jane Wright
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆☆☆☆

**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

This book was my introduction to all things “Lola Stark”. I am now an obsessed fangirl and immediately read her Needle’s Kiss series once I’d fallen completely in love with Destry. I am a sucker for a good cowboy book and I love the fact that Lola delivered with this novel. I fell in love with the story. I fell in love with the characters. And you can bet your first born child that I fell in love with Mr. Destry Reeves.

I receive
Now I Read Book Blog
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Now I Read book blog shared a link.

about a minute ago.

As I sat down and started reading this book is was hooked by the first few pages . I could not put this book down because this book highly addicting . Author Lola Stark has done it once again and wrote another kick ass book. The men in this book are so freaking hot they should have came with a warning label. This book had me laugh, crying, yelling at the book and it pulled on my heart strings so many times and to me these are all the things
Red Cheeks Reads
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Man! This was my very first Lola Stark book. It will definitely not be my last! Her writing is quirky, funny, and romantic. Lets not forget the sexy, though. This book was plenty sexy. Destry had a little bit of everything and I absolutely loved it!

Amelia Highsmith hops into her car and runs away from her cheating fiancé straight into a cow hanging out in the middle of the road. While she, comically, assaults the poor cow that ruined her vehicle, Destry Reeves and his sexy band of brothers c
Beatriz Perez
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is not a book like the ones we are used to from Lola Stark, but in a good way. I was pleasantly surprised.

Destry is a fast read, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm a huge Lola fan, so I'm not surprised I loved it. Destry, holy shitballs, he is freaking hot!! I loved him since the moment he said "S'cuse me, ma'am. You mind not givin' my cattle a hidin'?" LOL. He is a cowboy(In case the cover didn't give it away)and lives in a ranch with his brothers, sister and grandparents. Amelia is a
Romancing Susan (Monti)
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I started with Destry, It started with a Disclaimer. Lola Stark said, this book is not the same as her other books. For us to keep and open mind. Hmmm. It got me thinking, considering I have never had a cowboy book boyfriend before. Would I like this book or not?

How can one go wrong if it’s coming from Lola Stark. I absolutely LOVE Destry.

I love how Destry and Amelia met, how Amelia got to find what she is looking for in life, how strong she is to stand up for what she believes should be he
Andrea Huseman
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What is better than a smooth talking sexy cowboy? Nothing and this 5 star book helps to demonstrate just that. Take a heartbroken damsel in distress- throw in one big stubborn cow- a way to yummy cowboy and you get the beginning of a not so smooth love story. A love story that captivates and keeps your attention from the beginning. A quick read because you cant put it down. It is full of enjoyable and characters- you just get attached. Cowboys that are sweet and alpha. Personalities that just ma ...more
Dimaris rossy
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given the book in exchange for an honest review and I got to say that I loved it! It has just the right amount of funny, chocking parts and hot sexy steamy scenes. You are going to love this cowboys! They are delish and such gentlemen! Oh yes- there are more than one! So prepare yourself! I wanted to be manhandled by Destry! OMG the times he was even near Amelia I had to fan myself. You can feel the tension all the way home! But I think that the thing you will love the must is Amelia. You ...more
Countrygalssexyreads
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was a fantastic read and where can I find one of those cowboys....

First the book starts off as Amelia walks in on her fiance doing her sister. I so wanted the punch him right then and there. She of course, gets pissed and goes for a drive, anywhere to get away from her "so called family". A bump (cow) in the road and an accident later the lovely Destry comes into her life.

There is so much sexual chemistry between the two that you just want them both to release it and not.

This is a fas
Chrys
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another cowboy to love and he has brothers, so more stories to come.
Who would want to live a life like Amelia had been? Not me and neither did she, but it took her walking into a scene that would be permanently etched into her brain for her to act on it.
It would be a decision that would change the course of her life for the better and she could thank the cow in the middle of the road for that.
Destry should keep that cow that stood in the middle of the road and a prize piece of cattle cos if it w
Natasha
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book! Of i wasn't at work i wouldn't have put it down and i would have finished it in one day! Just wow! Where do i start....well Destry was hot. The book and the cowboy ;-) I loved how stubborn he was with Amelia. I enjoyed reading how theory relationship transformed into annoying each other to getting close. I enjoyed reading Amelia becoming her own independent person. Looking forward to reading more about the Brothers in the next books.
Amy
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lola Stark rocks out another hit with Destry! The characters were developed well and she brought you into their lives while managing a relatively quick read. The brothers were just as hot as I expected! I cannot wait to read Brax's story! Although different from the Needle's Kiss series in some ways, this book is equally as well written and enjoyable. Highly Recommended! Well Done, Lola Stark!

• Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • Vipers Den: Part One Piper & Kade (Viper's Den, #1)
  • The Morbid and Sultry Tales of Genevieve Clare
  • Patience (Choices, #2.5)
  • You're the Only One
  • Lean on Me (Take My Hand, #3)
  • Unbreakable (The Dalton Gang #2)
  • His (Hers, #4)
  • Cowboy Lust (Bakersville Saga, #3 & #4)
  • Finding Forever (Living Again, #4)
  • Lie To Me (Sexual Misconduct #3)
  • The Date Dare
  • Closer (Closer, #1)
  • The Truth About Us (Mills Lake, #1)
  • Just One Sip (The Club)
  • Nightshade (Redemption, #3)
  • Forgiving Gia (Rocker, #2)
Lola Stark lives in Australia, Is an at home single mummy with no filter raising a hoard of minions. Lola has loved to read for as long as she can remember. When not wrangling the family she can be found sitting at her computer , writing, facebooking or just generally messing around.

www.officiallolastark.com
Twitter ~ @authorlolastark
Facebook ~ http://www.facebook.com/AuthorLolaStark
Email ~ authorl
“Cum gutters are pretty high up there too,” I smiled sleepily.   “Cum gutters?” he asked with a short laugh,” 0 likes