Start by marking “The Hangman's Revolution (W.A.R.P., #2)” as Want to Read:
The Hangman's Revolution (W.A.R.P., #2)

The Hangman's Revolution

(W.A.R.P. #2)

Young FBI agent Chevie Savano arrives back in modern-day London after a time-trip to the Victorian age, to find the present very different from the one she left. Europe is being run by a Facsist movement known as the Boxites, who control their territory through intimidation and terror. Chevie's memories come back to her in fragments, and just as she is learning about the W ...more
Published June 24th 2014 by Disney Press (first published June 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Hangman's Revolution, please sign up.
Zoë Potter Fowl Jackson Whhhhhhhy? I recommend starting at the beginning, it would be worth it. The Reluctant Assassin is definitely the better of the two, and 80% percent of…moreWhhhhhhhy? I recommend starting at the beginning, it would be worth it. The Reluctant Assassin is definitely the better of the two, and 80% percent of the characters in this book are first introduced at the beginning of the series. Also, many of the plot points are also connected to the first book, like finding his long-lost brother. (less)

Cindee
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book more than its first book the characters and the story was so much more fleshed out and I really enjoyed it. I liked Riley and Chevie even more this time than I did in the beginning of the story they were so much more developed than before you understand more about their motives. I really enjoyed the story it was so very exciting from beginning to end there was never a dull moment. So overall I loved this book and will be reading more of this series soon.
Stephanie (Bookfever)
"The old maxim that every action has a reaction is true, but when you start messing with time travel, that reaction could take place in a whole different universe." —Professor Charles Smart

Let me get straight to the point and say that The Hangman's Revolution was brilliant. Sure, I think every book I read by Eoin Colfer in the past was pretty brilliant too, but this one... it was simply fantastic. One of Colfer's best books so far!

This book takes us back to modern-day London after the events o
Leah (Jane Speare)
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Eoin Colfer has a way with villains. They're not *just* evil overlords, (I mean they're not good-doers) but they're people who think they are doing the right thing and that makes such a difference. I just love it! This series is significantly darker and more serious than the Artemis Fowl books, I can't say that enough. But even in the midst of crazy-bad happenings, his signature wit and snark shine through without fail (and with the Cockney accents, it makes it all the better.) I especially love
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Ή παραμεγάλωσα, ή πραγματικά η σειρά αυτή έχει σκοπό να προσεγγίσει μόνο παιδιά και να μην μπορεί σε καμία περίπτωση να διαβαστεί στα σοβαρά από ενήλικες. Δε λέω, έχει τις καλές τις στιγμές, το χιούμορ του συγγραφέα είναι αρκετά ευχάριστο, ίσως και διασκεδαστικό στα σημεία, αλλά το σύνολο και αυτού του βιβλίου, δεν καταφέρνει να σε κερδίσει και να ξεχωρίσει έναντι άλλων.
Susi
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5
Alberto Arellano
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was fantastic. I really enjoyed the jokes. I highly recommend it. There is tons of adventure,and jokes and near death experiences and stuff.
Ellen
Dec 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
Jotkut asiat (Malarkey ja Witmeyer!!) oli vähän wtf ja välillä käännekohdat seurasivat toisiaan vähän liian tiheään, mutta Colfer-fani mikä Colfer-fani, joten tykkäsin.
Kathy Davie
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: middle-grade, sci-fi
Second in the W.A.R.P. science fiction series for middle grade readers. Set in London, it involves time travel.

You don't stand a hope of understanding this mess without having read The Reluctant Assassin , 1.

My Take
Do NOT miss the “Might Have Been” chapter. Without it, you’ll be even more confused.

It’s not just a trip back in time, it’s a trip into the slimy, vicious underworld of Victorian England with its cant and outlook. And Colfer does very well at setting this scene. He certainly makes Ot
Emily
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
love the return of Colfer's regular snarky humor. I felt like Chevron and Riley's positions were more believable in the context of this story. The treatment of alternate timelines was fresh and interesting. I missed how truly evil Garrick was in book 1. There wasn't as much personal interaction with the Divine Colonel Box, which made the tension less for me.

My favorite thing about this installment in the saga is getting to know the King of the Rams/Commodore Otto Malarkey better. The more you
Callum
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I decided to read this book as I read the first one. I like this book as it has great adventure and thrill throughout the book. I like books with action and suspense which it had. I learned that even if you nothing about something you can learn about it extremely quick in pressing circumstances. A setting which I found interesting was early Victorian London. It was very dirty and full of pollution. There were parts that had poverty and sickness and other parts that have the rich and the wealthy, ...more
Richard
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a most enjoyable read! The combination of very effective humour and exciting action is perfectly balanced. Now and again Colfer slows the plot with passages of historical exposition but these are so well written and useful for creating the world of the novel that one readily accepts them.

Riley, Chevie, and Malarkey are all present and as engaging as ever, but two new characters,The Thundercats, steal nearly every scene they are in.

Second novels of trilogies frequently become plot bridg
Matti Kari
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Taattua Colferia, helppoa ja vauhdikasta luettavaa. Sukkelaa sanailua oli ajoittain ehkä jopa liikaakin, mutta ei häiritsevästi.
Winnie
Sep 23, 2015 added it
Not what I'm expecting
Liz Friend
The story: Riley and Chevie are back, but there are complications: on her return from Victorian London, Chevie finds herself in the wrong world--a world where an evil plan hatched by WARP agents in 1890s London brought a brutal regime to power, a government that controls everything a hundred years later. Can two kids figure out what happened and prevent it? Possibly--but it'll take some help from the Battering Rams and their king, Otto Malarkey...which could easily end up making everything worse ...more
Bronwyn
Full review at https://bronzelock619.blogspot.com/2017/10/the-hangmans-revolution-warp-2-eoin.html.

This book started out in a completely different tone from the previous one in the series. The first part became a dystopian novel, and the Chevie from the Box Empire, which the old Chevie called Cadet Chevie, had such a different voice. Everything changed so much that it felt like reading another series altogether. I really miss the old snarky Chevie for half of the book, as the Cadet Chevie grew u
John M
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Well, that was stupid. After such a promising first book, I was looking forward to reading this continuation of the story. What a mistake! The plot was completely unbelievable, even after factoring in the whole alternate-timeline thing. The characters were just dumbstupid, making all kinds of idiotic mistakes. The bad guys were not just bad but stupid. The good guys were not just stupid but foolish. The story plodded along aimlessly, then all of a sudden, the author realized that he needed to fi ...more
Jobert
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read. I'm now more familiar with the characters. I'll start reading the next book later.

*****

"While most people do have many potential true loves, there are those individuals who are so unique that no one could reasonably be expected to love them... These individuals rarely meet and so generally live their lives alone, but occasionally these alphas do cross paths, and when that happens, the attraction is instant, mutual, and irresistible. The Chinese have a saying: 'Love itself is calm; tu
Griffin D
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
EmmaB
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Easily the wittiest book of the series (and a few conundrums by Professor Smart that still make me think)- it imagines a world that happened because of the time program, and even gets to the ethics of this fascism, sort of (France is the enemy but there's no apartheid, and no World War I or II) and the idea of simple answers being easiest and maybe not best.
A thought that stays with me (Colfer was busy on this one...): you have the opportunity to go back in time and kill Rasputin, so you do, but
Jess
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
After the first book, the setting and characters start out as a bit of a surprise in this one. The characters seem just as confused as the readers, so it's fun. A. few new characters extend the cast and our familiar characters get a little more experience and depth.

The adventures continue, and it is an exciting and dangerous ride. How will the kids outsmart the bad guy(s) this time? What will the repercussions be?

I add a bit of caution to my recommendation- turns out that no one in this series
Marcia Van Camp
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the characters in the first book so I wanted to read more about them...I had forgotten a lot of details so it took me a little to reorient myself.

Storyline is basically that one of the main characters, Chevie, travels back in time and tries to stop events that lead to a dystopian future. Lots of scenes towards the end of the book with sewers and rats that were nasty and I hope to soon forget!

On to the next book!
Tanja Voosen
Buchgestaltung

Wie auch bei Teil eins, kann die englische Gestaltung meiner Meinung nach, nicht mit der deutschen mithalten. Ich finde das ganze viel zu plastisch und künstlich, während bei der Aufmachung vom Loewe Verlag viel Liebe zum Detail in die Gesamtaufmachung gesteckt wurde. Nicht nur der Umschlag, sondern auch das Buch an sich wurde mit Details versehen, die inhaltlich einfach Top passen. Der Titel Klungerfischer passt zudem auch etwas besser, weil Malarkey doch mehr eine Rolle spielt, a
Anna Mari
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, samantha
Back to Victorian England from a future very different than where Chevy came from. What changed? Colonial Box and his holy empire. While Chevy wars within her new and old self, the Rams and Ram King are fighting their own battles. Teaming up, can they overcome the challenges and save the future they know?

Rating: PG

Actual rating more like 3.5. This one got a little more far fetched and the story is a little stretched. But I still enjoyed it and look forward to the next book.
Danni Faith
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
I'm not sure that the plot or subject matter of this sequel is the logical consequence of the first installment of the series. However, this novel is a wild ride and very entertaining. I suppose the discord is explained by time travel and how we do not know how our actions will influence other events.
Cara
Jun 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm really enjoying the plot and I think it's done really well- the only problem I have is the pacing and the chapters being as long as they are (like 20 pages each) and espexjally in the beginning the length of the cbapter is felt. It's not like "oh wow, 20 pages? that went fast" and more like "when will this chapter end it's been like 100 pages already" so yeah, theres that.
J
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Misaligned memory mindwarp, rewind- The Boxite empire is here to stay, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't here yesterday- Riley and Chevie of the FBI, in the London tower- Steampunk at high tide- here to stop a time revision, maybe spark a revolution. Nothing's gone as planned, and now the old man's dead. Again.
Anniina
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantacy
I wasn't that thrilled about the first book of this series, but this one was much better. Less murders and more humour. Though, some people did say that the first book had humour too, but I didn't really see that.
Katie Carver
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Usually the second book of a trilogy is depressing and obviously a bridge to the third book. Not so in this case. The story is quite engaging and even though you know a third book is coming, it is not as obvious that you are leading up to it. Really enjoyed the alternate current time scenario.
Tara Schuhmacher
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
On one hand I truly enjoyed the multitude of points of view, but on the other there were long stretches lacking action and the vocabulary was a stretch at time (not necessarily for me but for student readers).
Overall I enjoyed the wit thrown in.
  • Doctor Who: The Rising Night (Audio Original)
  • Doctor Who: The Nemonite Invasion
  • Black Ice (Young Sherlock Holmes, #3)
  • Circus Maximus (History Keepers, #2)
  • The Genius Wars (Genius, #3)
  • Hostages of Hate (Hardy Boys: Casefiles, #10)
  • London Calling
  • Ambassador (Ambassador #1)
  • The Shadow Project (Shadow Project, #1)
  • 23 Minutes
  • Eternity's Wheel (InterWorld, #3)
  • The Missing (Troubletwisters, #4)
  • A Web of Air (Fever Crumb, #2)
  • The Extra
  • Murder on the Cliffs: A Daphne du Maurier Mystery (Daphne du Maurier Mysteries, #1)
  • Spy High Mission Three: The Serpent Scenario
  • The Death Collector (Department of Unclassified Artefacts, #1)
  • Allies & Assassins (Allies & Assassins, #1)
Eoin Colfer (pronounced Owen) was born in Wexford on the South-East coast of Ireland in 1965, where he and his four brothers were brought up by his father and mother, who were both educators.

He received his degree from Dublin University and began teaching primary school in Wexford. He has lived and worked all over the world, including Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Italy. After the publication of the A

W.A.R.P. (3 books)
  • The Reluctant Assassin (W.A.R.P., #1)
  • The Forever Man (W.A.R.P., #3)
Trying to trace the consequences of time travel is like a monkey with no thumbs trying to reassemble an exploded bomb, at night, wearing clown gloves.
- Professor Charles Smart”
1 likes
I often think I should just abandon the whole thing. I really do. Time travel could be a gift to humanity. Whoever controls it could do some real good for mankind. But you have to ask yourself, with humanity's track record, is that likely?
- Professor Charles Smart”
1 likes