Start by marking “Far Horizons: Across the Great Divide” as Want to Read:
Far Horizons: Across the Great Divide

Far Horizons: Across the Great Divide

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Stalked by a black bear, experiencing a close shave with a bull buffalo, having his tent eaten by an elk and being mugged by a gang of racoons; these are just a few of the adventures Andrew Earnshaw faces in his gentle trip around North America by motorcycle. But will he survive intact when he finally comes face to face with that most dangerous of animals: the Canadian Sun ...more
Published August 1st 2013 by Troubador Publishing (first published July 8th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Far Horizons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Far Horizons

Andy
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have know author for a few years having worked with him on two different contracts. Our paths crossed again recently and after chatting I decided to read his book.

I can honestly say the book is very well written, factual and easy to read, giving a good insight into many regions of the United States and Canada which I knew little about. Despite being quite a long book it kept me interested throughout. The book is well structured and builds a picture of life on the road, giving a day-to-day acco
Pamela
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
As an American it was so interesting to read about the journey of a Scottish motorcyclist and his experiences on his road trip through the United States and Canada.

The author was surprised and pleased to discover that Americans are friendly, outgoing and tolerant people (there are always exceptions), the smaller cities are clean and well maintained and the countryside is breathtaking. His fears of guns toting citizens and bears were understandable, but unfounded.

I enjoy reading travel books, but
Lauren