Start by marking “Once Enchanted (Rockland Ranch, #3)” as Want to Read:
Once Enchanted (Rockland Ranch, #3)

Once Enchanted

(Rockland Ranch #3)

What happened to her fairytale life? She's young, she's sharp, she's the hardest working attorney in the whole LA office. Still, when Alexis O'Brien finally gets brutally honest with herself, she has to admit she's nothing more than a glorified workhorse for her boss and his slippery partners. Her dissatisfaction only deepens when she gets sent on a wild goose chase to rur ...more
Published August 26th 2013 by Spirit Dance Books

To ask other readers questions about Once Enchanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Enchanted

Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I just loved the opening of this book when Alexis and Sean meet for the first time. Sparks are flying from the very beginning and you just cannot help but like both Alexis and Sean.

Sean is definitely a manly man. But I also like that he is known and respected in his community. He works hard and dreams big.

If you've read any of the other books in this Rockland Ranch series, you know that the Rockland clan is big, loud and so, so generous. Everyone who meets them falls in love with the lifestyle a
Alyssa (The Shady Glade)
I think I went into this with the wrong impression. I was thinking this would have a fantasy element to it, but I'm 100 pages in and it's just romance. A very wordy/philosophical romance. Perhaps I will come back to it later, but moving on for now.

Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love the Rockland Ranch stories. This one was great. I love the 2 main characters. Witty & well done!
Rachael Dorronsoro
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved the stories this author has written about Rockland Family, it seems like a great place to visit, if there were such a place. How wonderful would it be to have your children and their spouse’s and their children all live in the same place and help each other, work together for a common goal, each with their own individual talent. I loved this book, it was a fun clean read.
Elise
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great LDS read. Helped me better understand how to be a better missionary. Written from a non-Lds view on what would draw someone to our church.
Rhonda
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

I really like this series. I love the characters, the settings, the humor, clean reads.

Once Enchanted A Love Story is the third book in the Rockland Ranch. In this book we get to know more about Sean Rockland. He is a talented Architect. He is only willing to work with certain people. If he does not like their ethics he won't work with them. He is single.

Alexis O'Brien is a attorney who works in LA. One of her bosses sends her to Wyoming to find Sean Rockland but she does not know his nam
Pat aka Tygyr
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, 2013
This was a quick read for me. Lexie is an attorney who does all the work to make the men in the office look good. She has no life, and is constantly staying on guard against her boss's come ons. She gets sent to WY to find a hot shot architect that the firm wants to hire to build homes on WY real estate that they plan to acquire through not completely honest means. After wrecking her car by hitting a moose, she is rescued and taken to a ranch to stay at until her car can be fixed. She is loaned ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This is the third book in the Rockland Ranch Series. I have had the opportunity to read the first two, so this book was a treat for me.

The Rockland family are good people. They are strong, firm in their LDS beliefs, and loving. This book was about Sean, one of the son's in the Rockland family.

Alexis is a young attorney. She works for a firm that have less than stellar ethics. As the story begins, she is sent from LA to Wyoming to try to snare an up and coming architect into her employer's trap i
Maria Hoagland
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Once Enchanted is the third book in the Rockland Ranch series, but by the time I started this book, I had completely forgotten that fact. I haven't read the first two books, but never once did I feel I was missing something. I can imagine that knowing the background on some of the other couples might enhance the story, but it was complete in its own right--something I value tremendously in a book (and don't always get when it's part of a series).

I loved the beginning of this book. The conversati
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Kindle freebie. So, if you have read any Jaclyn Hawkes books, here's what you are pretty much getting in every one of her books:

--Clean romance between beautiful girl and strong, handsome, honorable guy.
--Unnecessary misunderstanding or thick-headedness that stretches out the romance plot.
--Heroine in peril from really really (really) bad guy(s).
--A very strong religious (LDS/Mormon) subplot, usually involving someone being converted to the faith.
--Decent writing, but JH needs some stronger
Shauna
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I. SO. SO. SO. LOVE. THIS. SERIES!

Amazingly wonderful!
Adorably fun!
Sweetly romantic!

Filled with fun emotional twists that keep you wondering when the characters will finally stop being stubborn and realize that "once enchanted, always enchanted."

Alexis has it all! At least she thought she did!

Then Alexis is sent to find a rural Wyoming gifted architect who seems to be closely guarded by his friends and even his enemies...she is so unhappy about this assignment that she starts to re-evaluate her
Marisa Valle
Here is another example where the book buyer has been totally mislead. The title alone appears to portray one kind of story and the synopsis explains another but it develops into something quite different from both. Once again I've delved into a book that turns out to be completely religiously themed. I think the author is trying to advance her own dogmas about "professional" women & her LDS faith. I did not find the views propounded to be particularly enlightening. As a matter of fact, I fo ...more
Mom
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hawkes-jaclyn
I love to read this author. The Rockland Ranch series has been excellent. She does such a good job describing Wyoming and the ranch it makes you want to move to Wyoming - the excellent sunrises and sunsets, the valley. Who wouldn't dream of having a family like the Rocklands - where everyone got along so well and enjoyed being around each other, doing lots of family activities. It was fun following Sean and Lexie - sometimes I had to laugh, especially when he throws her into the pond. Giving up ...more
Lainie Adams
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK

I love every book by this author. I loved the beginning of the book where the main characters meet, love their sizzling heart pounding romantic chemistry. I LOVED their friendship, quite dances in the kitchen and the forest. I especially love a book such as this one that leads one of the characters to God and gives them answers to life's most puzzling questions. This is a start till you finish kind of book. It makes the world and it's seemingly endless problems go
Nicole
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
-Better writing than the last book in the series, and more believable characters, but still plenty of editing issues.
-The author has an annoying tendency to describe write little kids as too advanced for their age. An almost-2-year-old who talks in long conversational sentences only occasionally mispronouncing a word? I don't think so... that might not bother everyone though, and is only a small detail in this particular book.
-I keep reading these because they're fast and amusing while I wait fo
Mandi
Apr 03, 2014 rated it liked it
This was the first LDS themed romance book I've read... It was a little strange at first, mostly because I didn't know that's what kind of book it was when I picked it out! I enjoyed it, for the most part. The two main characters were interesting and the evolution of their relationship was almost believable... The misunderstanding between them just got super annoying. Halfway through the book you see where its going, but it takes forever to get there.
Jane
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
Exact same plot as the others. Take a brilliant, capable, successful woman who is gorgeous and put her with a gorgeous man. Who, by the way is always very successful. They fall in love with each other but it is beyond their scope of understanding for them to believe that the other one could love them as well. I hate that the girl always is incapable of comprehending the "I love you." It was fine the first two books. But change the names and occupations and you have another Rockland romance.
Jen
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
By far my favorite of the Rockland Ranch series! Funny, romantic and dramatic! Love the magic and fairy aspect of this lovable romance. Lexie Joy and Sean are the main characters here, she being a LA lawyer and him Cowboy from Wyoming and it is sparks from the first moment. She is sassy and classy, finds God and her faith, joins the church and falls I love with Sean. This book has a bit more kissy, kissy and sexual tension and I loved every minute. A great read!!
Debbie
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is another great Rockland Ranch book. Sean Rockland meets a feisty lawyer who believes in fairies. The lawyer stays with the Rockland family while she is trying to track down an elusive contractor that her boss is trying to find. The lawyer is given the run-around by the people in town. The contractor is a surprise. I really liked this book.
Rachel
Feb 14, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked the story, but I would have liked a little more to show that he was a tease and a rebel. It was a bit annoying that a lot of the story was them apart, pretty much ignoring each other. I also would have liked Sean's brothers introduced better, there were times I was confused on who they were and who they were married to. I hadn't read any previous books in the series.
Patricia
Jan 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sigh. Romance books get a lot of milage out of poor communication! What I liked best about reading this book was that it was not a carbon copy of the past books I have read by the author. Additionally, our library has recently acquired three more books by this author and I am excited to read those soon.
Karen
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I love the Rockland Ranch characters. I like how I can relate to the characters and how endearing they are. They experience a variety of challenges, which I think made it feel more real to me. I look forward to reading more books in this series.

Content: Clean - some passionate kissing and a little description of some injuries
Source: Personal copy
Erica
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

I gave this author one last chance, and was pleasantly surprised. It's been 3 or 4 books since I finished, so the details are fuzzy, but I enjoyed this story and the characters. As always, if people would be willing to have an honest convo, a lot of problems would be avoided. Sigh.

Still, a fun story with LDS undertones.
Nellie
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this story. I thought the relationship was annoying that he just assumed she didn't want the same things he did, but I loved how clean, and romantic it was. I would let my teens read this story. A.J. is searching for an architect who is well hidden by his company. He boss is crooked, and she is tired of being his gopher. LDS themed, and very clean.
Emma
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and loved the characters.
Sean was the perfect guy and Lexie was a typical women which I think a lot of people can relate to.
It was interesting from the beginning and got right to the story, which I loved.
However, some of the writing was very repetitive and not very descriptive. That is the reason for my lower rating.
Cici
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I am racing to the finish line with her books. They are a true addiction! The Rockland family members are fun and idealistic. I appreciate the LDS gospel being woven in. The romance and chemistry are truly compelling!
Kathryn
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love this clean romance and the real internal struggle that woman have of using their hard earned education verses their desire to have a family. The journey Alexis goes through is beautiful, especially her relationships with Sean and Erik her twin brother.
Nancy Norris
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read

Fantastic read

I enjoyed reading this book. It was written very well and did not contain any foul language or explicit sex scenes which made the story seem very real.
Kari
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
For LDS romance, it was a fun read. Just know what you're getting into and the easy read is enjoyable.
Reading For Sanity
May 01, 2014 rated it liked it
For this review, and more, please visit us at: http://readingforsanity.blogspot.com/...

• Do Over (Alpine, #4)
  • The Guy Next Door
  • Twitterpated
  • Deep Cover
  • Letters to My Future Husband
  • The Haunting of Autumn Lake
  • Under a Georgia Moon (Georgia Moon Romane, #1)
  • Safe Passage
  • The End Begins: Sudden Darkness
  • For What It's Worth
  • Emma: A Latter-Day Tale
Jaclyn M. Hawkes grew up in Utah with 6 sisters, 4 brothers and a large number of pets. (It was never boring!)

She got a bachelor’s degree, had a career, and traveled extensively before settling down to her life’s work of being the mother of four magnificent and sometimes challenging children. She loves shellfish, the out of doors, the youth, and hearing her children laugh.

She and her fine husband,

Rockland Ranch (4 books)
  • Peace River (Rockland Ranch, #1)
  • Above Rubies (Rockland Ranch, #2)
  • For Joey (Rockland Ranch, #4)