Start by marking “I Guess We Missed The Boat” as Want to Read:
I Guess We Missed The Boat

I Guess We Missed The Boat

Eight diverse characters, related by marriage and often travelling together, visit multiple locales across the globe by every means of transportation available.

The hilarious stories that arise in this romp around the world feature amateur mind control, mirrored hotel room walls, a 1957 Chevy with holes in the floor, an explosion of ladies’ lingerie, sketchy starfish, tople
Published October 2013 by Keep On Climbing Publishing

To ask other readers questions about I Guess We Missed The Boat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Guess We Missed The Boat

Dorcas
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 1/2 Stars

This book would make the perfect waiting room book. The chapters are short, don't require much concentration and are mildly entertaining. Not super entertaining but about as entertaining as anything else you might find on a waiting room table.

The book reads like an "around the breakfast table " chat with relatives. Kind of like, "remember that bus trip we took to Chicago and someones stinky armpit was in your face the whole way?" and everyone laughs and passes the box of cereal.

There'
Jenna Loesch
I received this book to review from the author through Bostick Communications. All opinions are my own.

I Guess We Missed the Boat by Barry Finlay is a travel memoir chronicling his experiences from all over the world. Unfortunately, for a travel memoir that takes the reader to so many interesting places, it’s not exceedingly interesting.

The Plot: The book starts out with everyone in a hotel room, and the reader is quickly introduced to eight different people including the narrator. We’re given
Grady
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
`Focus on the journey, not the destination.' Greg Anderson

Finally we are enjoying a focus on the `older generation', loosely defined as retirees who are well enough to retain the sparkle of adventure as is evident in such successful films as `The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel', `The Bucket List', `Quartet', `The Artist' and others. Well here is a book about retirees who love to travel, understand the restrictions, forego the amenities at times, cope with the inconveniences, and all the while have a
Gayle Pace
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW

Traveling with this family would have been a blast. When you travel with Finlay, there would be no other way to go. The book has you relating to events that have taken place during your own travels and laughing along with Finlay's.

The book is divided into three different modes of travel, vehicle, boat and plane. I related more to the traveling by vehicle. The diversities of eight different people, all related was unimaginable. I think maybe the young at heart would really enjoy this book.
Nicole Normand
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book discounted on Amazon via BookBub; this is my honest review.
-Definitely worth the time to finish this book. Excellent storyteller. Great editing.
-Each chapter has its own subject or theme and there's a smooth transition between each chapter.
-So you get to read about good and bad memories on a cruise ship, during a safari, while camping, etc. Enough to please everyone.
-Like me he's a Canadian so he talks a lot about the cold and Churchill Manitoba. My oldest son actually lived th
Sheryl Robert
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slow but steady.

I was not sure what this was about,but a new author I wanted to try.there were some rough patches where it read slow and some really interesting chapters I did not want to end. I laughed at some of the antics and related to some of the people. I felt at times like I was there with them getting lost on the cruise ship or hiking with them. Good job,I would recommend this if you would like to take your time delving into the stories.it is not a book to rush through.
Marc
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
A fun read...for those who travel & those who want to hear about the times & places that interest you. Get caught up in the ventures of different modes of transportation, the characters you meet along the way...another plus you can see the places described vividly.
I am also going to plug Barry's first book-a grand adventure to Kilimanjaro - it does get a cameo here.
Rose. Olinger
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is very funny. Any senior will enjoy it. Seniors taking trips and cruises and memories of all .
Randal White
Oct 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Black Eagle Inn
  • A Perfect Summer
  • Arielle Immortal Quickening (Immortal Rapture, #4)
  • Orchid (Tales of the Black Sabbath, #1)
  • Eyes of the Predator: The Pickham County Murders (The Hunters #1)
  • Beyond the World of Man (Dwellers of Ahwahnee, #3)
  • Named and Shamed (Pony Tales, #4)
  • Tropical Dreams
  • Deadly Secrets (The Greek Isles Series, #2)
  • The Battle for Princess Madeline
  • Into the Killer Sphere (Chase Williams detective stories #1)
  • Yours Mine Ours
  • Tea Party Teddy's Legacy (The Teddy Saga #2)
  • The Camping Trip
  • Everyone Burns (Time, Blood and Karma, #1)
  • Snow Storms: A Wish on a Rock Star (Silver Strings G, #3)
  • The One (Species Intervention #6609, #6)
  • A Dead Sister (Jessica Huntington, #2)

In 2009, Barry Finlay went up a mountain as an accountant and came down as a philanthropist. After over thirty years in various financial roles with the Canadian federal government, he took his life in a different direction and climbed Africa's Mount Kilimanjaro at age sixty with his son Chris. The climb and their fundraising efforts to help kids in Tanzania led to the award-winning book, Kilimanj