Start by marking “The Pet Loss Companion: Healing Advice from Family Therapists Who Lead Pet Loss Groups” as Want to Read:

Everyone who's ever loved an animal companion will find wisdom and solace in this book. The authors share stories drawn from decades of experience leading pet loss groups and practicing family therapy. Their recommendations for taking care of yourself and loved ones during the rough spots of grief will answer all of your important questions and help you feel well-supported ...more
Published August 26th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Pet Loss Companion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pet Loss Companion

Rhiannon
having just lost my cat of 18+ years, maybe this will help the giant hole in my heart.
brian d rogers
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this book very useful, and I firmly believe it came to me in perfect timing in a will beyond my own. I had just put down my black lab of a little bit over 12 years, to a progressive throat paralysis complication. this meant my scheduled appointment at the vet, was the last ride I would ever take with my special girl. the first 3 days after her passing we're filled with agonizing loss and grief, tears the likes of which I thought I would never cry. I believe that I do what I can to do con ...more
Sheri
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found this book the week I had to say goodbye to my beloved cat, Boo. The authors of this book have put together something very comforting to those of us having a hard time with our grief over losing our pets. The book is concise, compassionate, and addresses so many of the things swirling around in our minds during this time. I highly recommend it to anyone grieving the loss of an animal companion. There are many passages I will be coming back to again and again in the future.
Kathi
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was recommended to me after the loss of my dog Dakota. I found it to be very helpful. Lots of encouragement & reassurance that it’s ok & in fact normal to grieve the loss of your pet. What I liked: its short & helpful. Including real stories. What I didn’t like: the two authors co-writing style. I’d have preferred 1 author or a clear distinction of who was “speaking.”
Morgan Lindey
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is wonderful for anyone who has lost a furry friend over the years. Wheather your grief is new and raw, or old and a memory this book is great for you. It really helps to settle the mind and the heart, while giving great tips to help you cope. I would recommend this book to anyone in any profession. It is important to understand the human-animal bond, and it's effect on people.
Cecil H. Glenn
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Salve for an open wound

Dear Drs Ken and Nancy. It's been two weeks since we said goodbye to our precious Lucy. (Lab mix) we've had many dogs but she was special. Your book is what I needed to put this grief into perspective. Thank you
Jenny
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written, full of empathy and practical tips for dealing with the loss of a companion. Short chapters make it easy to digest, and personal stories help with processing your own grief. Definitely recommend.
Sage
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Helpful and an easy read. At the very least it is written by two people who have dedicated their lives to this work and have degrees in social work counseling.
Joseph A Fairbanks