Start by marking “Die Sache mit Callie und Kayden (The Coincidence, #1)” as Want to Read:
Die Sache mit Callie und Kayden (The Coincidence, #1)

Die Sache mit Callie und Kayden (The Coincidence #1)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  104,884 Ratings  ·  6,344 Reviews
Callie glaubt nicht an das große Glück. Nicht seit ihrem zwölften Geburtstag, als ihr Schreckliches zustieß. Damals beschloss sie, ihre Gefühle für immer wegzusperren, und auch sechs Jahre später kämpft sie noch gegen ihr dunkles Geheimnis an. Dann trifft sie auf Kayden und rettet ihn vor seinem ärgsten Feind. Er setzt es sich in den Kopf, die schöne Callie zu erobern. Und ...more
Published March 10th 2014 by Heyne (first published December 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Die Sache mit Callie und Kayden, please sign up.
Samantha McLaughlin Definitely! I read the three books about Callie and Kayden, and it was just fine.
Yoana 14-25, I'd say. But you can enjoy it as an older adult, too, if you generally like romance books.

Emily May

I am conducting what I'm shelving as a "New Adult (NA) Experiment". I'm going to work my way through some of the popular New Adult books and see if I can weed out the crap and hopefully find some surprising gems. Here's hoping!

I don't know if I should call this one and a half stars because I didn't hate it straight away or minus one star for luring me into a false sense of security. The beginning of this book gave me an inoffensive - if somewhat formulaic - introduction to the story and characte
Aestas Book Blog
Nov 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

“The corners of his lips tug up into a sad smile. “I can handle scars, especially ones that are on the outside.”

This was a quiet yet beautiful read about two survivors of abuse beginning to find trust and healing in each other. I really enjoyed it despite have my heart ripped to shreds by the HUGE BRUTAL CLIFFHANGER at the end!!! I’m not even kidding. It. Is. Brutal!!

This book really highlights the horrors of childhood abuse of all kinds and the lasting damage inflicted on its victims. The s
Debra
"In the existence of our lives, there is a single coincidence that brings us together and for a moment, our hearts beat as one."

"It's amazing how the things you remember forever are the things you'd rather forget and the things you desperately want to grasp onto seem to slip away like sand in the wind."

After reading The Secret of Ella and Micha I was already a fan of the author Jessica Sorensen but now I'm a even bigger fan!! This story was BEAUTIFUL, BREATHTAKING, HEARTBREAKING and just
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
5 EARTH SHATTERING STARS

WOW...I'm a hot mess right now. This book has me feeling so many things. I'm honestly a myriad of emotions. I'm truly shattered. I feel as though my heart has been ripped from my chest. This author has blown me away!!!! BLOWN ME A F*CKING WAY. This story is gut wrenching and truly, truly sad.

These lyrics are from a song that I felt fit Callie and Kayden PERFECTLY. The song is called Breathe by Sia and every time I hear it I think of them.

Help, I have done it again
I ha
Nitzan Schwarz
THIS IS NOT MY REVIEW. THIS IS ME NEEDING TO LET OUT A MAJOR FREAK OUT OVER THIS BOOK. SEE YOURSELVES WARNED.

To read a proper review (without capslock abuse), go to my blog, Drugs Called Books

description

OMG, WHAT WAS THAT ENDING?! I CAN'T FUCKING BREATHE! NO NO NO! MY HEADS SWIMMING. CRAP, I DID NOT THINK THAT WAS GOING TO END LIKE THAT. I NEED THE SEQUEL. THANK GOD THERE IS A SEQUEL OR I MIGHT'VE WENT AND KILLED MYSELF. (YEAH, I'M BEING DRAMATIC. AFTER YOU READ THE BOOK, LET'S SEE YOU LESS DRAMATIC. I DAR
La-Lionne
Yes, this book was on of THOSE books, for me. You know, the ones that affects you so deeply, both traumatize you and rebuilds you. Right after you finish, you don't understand what's happening, but you know that something changed in you. The ones that makes you to rais you expectation for the others.

Yeah, one of those...

Jessica Sorensen was the shocker of 2012 for me, and 2013 so far. I have read all her books in The Fallen Star series, 5 book plus a spin off tho the series. Even though she is
xrysa
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Callie

Kayden
“I can do pain. That’s the easy part of life. It’s everything else, happiness, laughter, love, that’s fucking complicated.”

Callie is a girl that wishes to go unnoticed ,so she is wearing buggy clothes , heavy makeup . Due to her weird appearance people were always making fun of her but she didn’t care .She used to be normal once , however life changed her in
Annie Brewer
OKAY, seriously....this sounds effing amazing! I love these angsty, sexy hot stories and I really want this book-like now! Just sayin! Sorensen is a damn good story teller with incredibly hot characters.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

I need the sequel......NOW NOW NOW!!!!!! God dammit that could not be the end.......OMFG!!!!!!!!!! *pulls out hair*

~Review to come~

Ahhhhhhh, okay so when I first saw this on GR...actually I read the blurb a
Rabidreading
I loved this book....right to the end. The story just cuts off in the middle of a crucial event, leaving you hanging in the worst possible way. It's the 2nd book I've read recently that has done that and I swear to God, if I come across another one, I'm going postal! Seriously, WTF???? THAT is where you're stopping the book? With EVERYTHING on the line and no idea which way things will go? Are you f*cking kidding me? GAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! The cliffhanger ending absolutely ripped my guts out. I hurt j ...more
Jenny Levine
Dec 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Life is full of luck, like getting dealt a good hand, or simply by being in the right place at the right time. Some people get luck handed to them, a second chance, a save. It can happen heroically, or by a simple COINCIDENCE , but there are those who don’t get luck on a shiny platter, who end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, who don’t get SAVED.

Page Turner. Emotional. Awe-Inspiring. Riveting. BEAUTIFUL...

The story is about Callie , deemed class weirdo in their school as she cho
Jessica Sorensen
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favs
It's live on Amazon and B&N!

Karolina
It all started one night when
"Callie Lawrence saved my fucking life..."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"...she changed something in me - made me wanna live..."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"...all I could think about was being with her..."

[image error]

"I've never felt this way about anyone before and it's exhilarating and fucking terrifying..."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"...my heart started to beat like it was finally alive..."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

In the end "I stare at the wall, picturing Callie's smile, the sound of her laugh, the softness of her skin..."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"...reaching to my side I pick up a knife..."

Du
Lucia
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Callie and Kayden:

"Life is full of luck, like getting dealt a good hand, or simply by being in the right place at the right time. Some people get luck handed to them, a second chance, a save. It can happen heroically, or by a simple coincidence, but there are those who don’t get luck on a shiny platter, who end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, who don’t get saved."

With cut hair and "homeless" clothes, Callie has been school weirdo since 6th grade. But the truth is that she prefers
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Readers have been cyber shoving this book in my face for a while now. "It's so good!"..."You have to read it!"..."It's like a thick word penis that will satisfy your every need." Okay, so maybe I made that last one up, but I was force fed hype for weeks. If everybody's doing it, then I usually...don't. So much hype I almost wanted to dislike it out of spite, but Jessica Sorensen made that impossible. I just bought a first class ticket for this bandwagon.

I experienced every emotion at the same t
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
2.5
I'm really surprised this isn't utter crap.

And yes, that sounds like a mean thing to say but seriously, from someone who reads a lot NA, this was surprisingly bearable. That last 30% or so really had me wanting to read the sequel.

...I won't though. In my mind a romance that needs to be divided into three books to have an actual HEA is not really my cuppa. I prefer standalones, or if they insist on having a series, that every book be about a different couple.

But, back to the book. I think I'l
Jennifer Kyle
I’m a Callie & Kayden Cheerleader!!!

description

I put my C & K uniform on from the first page of this well told story.

I tied my sneakers when they connected for the first time.

I picked up my pom poms when they meet again in college.

I started the chant “Go Callie Go” when she was brave enough to cross experiences off of her list with the support of the world’s greatest best friend Seth.

I started shaking my pom poms when the sparks of this amazing love connection ignited.

I belted another cheer for th
Beverly
5 Beautiful Stars

I am so embarrassed to admit I am just now reading this series, because I absolutely loved this book!

Callie and Kayden grew up together, their families even spent time together, but they were never friends or talked. Kayden was trying to blend in, to be the hot popular football player he was supposed to be and hide what is really going on at home.

Callie has been trying to blend in since everything changed on her 12th birthday, to not draw any positive attention to herself, but s
Rose
Initial reaction: I think I'll need a night to meditate on my thoughts on this, but it's likely to be 1 star. It's pretty much a tough issues story that isn't very realistic and has probably two of the most formulaic protagonists I've read in the genre. I wish I could say I felt more for it, but the narrative had a lot of problems.

Full review:

In the aftermath, I can say that I gave my first read from Jessica Sorensen a try with an open mind. It won't be the last I read from her bibliography beca
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
OH MY GOD!!!! I NEED THE SECOND BOOK LIKE FUCKING NOWWWWWW.
I thought it was a standalone because it had no (Callie and Kayden, 1#) and stuff at the end :( and now I'm hanging like the stupid cliffhanger.. agrh
Loved the book, the character, the story and the plot.
Callie was stupid, but yet strong in so many ways
and Kayden, Boy.. you are more stupid..

Can't wait to read what happens next..

__

My addictive liking for dark/twisted/disturbed past/deep books is freaky weird!
Lets see how this book goes! T
♥Rachel♥
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-e-book
The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden may sound like your typical New Adult but somehow this was done so much better than most. The story swept me up and didn’t let me go! It filled my heart with emotions and intensity!

Callie and Kayden have known each other for years, going to the same school. Their families have even socialized on and off. But they’ve never traveled in the same social circles with Kayden being the popular high school football quarterback and Callie being the school recluse/frea
Christy
"In the existence of our lives, there is a single coincidence that brings us together for a moment, our hearts beat as one."

Can I give this book more than 5 stars??? I absolutely loved it! It was emotional, heartbreaking, angsty, beautiful and at times-hot! I mean just look at the cover!

The day I changed is like a scar. It's there, a memory in my mind, something I always remember and can never erase.

Ever since Callie Lawrence's 12th birthday, she has been different. She strives to be invisib
Angela

Poor writing & implausible story made this a non-finisher for me

In an attempt to try out another New Adult title, I downloaded The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden. It is currently sitting in the #4 spot on the NYT Best Sellers list for e-books, and it seemed like a deal at only 99 cents. I even picked up the author's second similar title (The Secret of Ella and Micha) on a whim at the same time. Though I should have been more wary due to the low price and the author's self-pubbed status,
This was a YA/NA contemporary romance which also dealt with the hard-hitting topics of rape and child abuse.

I thought Callie did a pretty good job of handling what had happened in her past, and trying to get on with her future, even if it involved a little bit of running away. I felt sorry for her for what she had been through though, and the bullying she received at school seemed unfair also after she had been through so much.

The storyline in this followed Callie as she went to college, and Kay
Ava
It seems that I've been comparing every book with 'broken main characters' lately to PUSHING THE LIMITS, which was a perfect example for novels of that topic, even though I didn't love it.

The plot is terribly cliché. I think we've all read that story about the traumatized heroine and the abused hero, or vice-versa. The whole books consists of Callie forcing Kayden away, then beckoning him back, and pushing him away again, and Kayden leaving, then more making out - but pretty much chock-full of e
Natasha is a Book Junkie

“… the thing I regret - will always regret - is going into my room on my twelfth birthday.”

Nothing will prepare you for what this book is about or the authenticity with which it tackles some very important but grim life issues. This is a book about second chances at what life should have been in the first place, about the freeing power of the human connection, and about love between wounded souls.

Callie and Kayden lived in the same small town all their lives, went to the same school, knew
Ayesha
Feb 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult, 2016
 "Love requires a lot of time, a lot of trust, and a lot of other things I
don’t understand."

Have you seen this grunge looking cover with the girl who has watery mascara running down her face?Yeah,It screams I'm your average new adult read.But Callie never wore any makeup or even thought about it. So what's the prospect of using a misleading cover,NA needs better illustration with some metaphorical insight regarding the storyline IMO. At least it's still better than a lot of beheaded six pack t
~Mindy Lynn~
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!? THAT IS HOW YOU END IT? IS THIS A JOKE?

new girl gifs photo: ng_pretzels.gif

I ALMOST FLUNG MY PHONE ACROSS THE ROOM! I.. I.. I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO COMPREHEND WHAT JUST HAPPENED!

new girl gifs photo: New Girl - Jess - What is Your Problem tumblr_mil455FqHA1s6zr09o1_500_zpsa63266c6.gif

WHO DOES THAT TO THEIR READERS? HOW CAN YOU LEAVE ME HANGING LIKE THAT? MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS THAT I SKIPPED SOME PAGES, BUT NOPE! IT JUST ENDS LIKE I WAS DROPPED OFF AN EDGE OF A CLIFF.

new girl gifs photo: New Girl - Jess - Ugly Crying tumblr_inline_mknkedlOfG1qz4rgp_zpseacbc94d.gif

I NEED THE NEXT BOOK NOW!

NEW GIRL GIFS photo: New Girl - Nick - A Little Broken tumblr_mgqc3necWu1qeekseo1_500_zps219eca28.gif

*SIGH*

new girl gifs photo: ng_shock.gif

The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden ended up being one of those stories that left me completely undon
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
OKAY I NEED THE NEXT BOOK RIGHT NOW I AIN'T EVEN KIDDING
Pearl Angeli
Callie saved me that night from a fight that would have probably left me dead, but she also saved me from myself. Before her, I was dying inside; there was nothing in my heart, but an empty hole.

This is without a doubt, one of the best New Adult - Contemporary books I've had so far. I love everything in The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden! It's one of those books that have everything you want in a contemporary read that will leave you feeling awed. It's just *sigh* perfect!

If you want to re
Lise *friends don't flag*
description
“Seize the day, take hold of it, and make it whatever you want.”

Seriously, I really liked this story. I love to torture myself with a good YA/NA broken boy/girl book and this one did not disappoint. Loved that Callie found a friend (Seth) to help her on the road to healing; the list was an awesome tool for them.
This list opened up many opportunities for Callie to begin
  • Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark, #2)
  • Ruining You (Ruining, #2)
  • While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3)
  • Façade (Games, #2)
  • Just Remember to Breathe (Thompson Sisters, #3)
  • Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1)
  • One Week Girlfriend (One Week Girlfriend, #1)
  • On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Crush (Crash, #3)
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning, #1)
  • Metamorphosis (Book Boyfriend, #1)
  • From Ashes (From Ashes, #1)
  • Rule (Marked Men, #1)
  • The Sweet Gum Tree
  • Lost to You (Regret, #0.5)
  • Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2)
  • Wounded
  • Crow's Row (Crow's Row, #1)
Jessica Sorensen is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author from the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.

More about Jessica Sorensen

The Coincidence (9 books)
  • The Redemption of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #2)
  • The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #3)
  • The Probability of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #4)
  • The Certainty of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #5)
  • The Resolution of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #6)
  • Seth & Greyson (The Coincidence, #7)
  • The Evermore of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence #8)
  • The Infiniteness of Violet and Luke (The Coincidence Series #9)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“In the existence of our lives, there is a single coincidence that brings us together and for a moment, our hearts beat as one.” 863 likes
“It's amazing how the things you remember forever are the things you'd rather forget and the things you desperately want to grasp onto seem to slip away like sand in the wind.” 708 likes