Start by marking “The Shark Whisperer (Tristan Hunt and the Sea Guardians, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Shark Whisperer (Tristan Hunt and the Sea Guardians, #1)

The Shark Whisperer (Tristan Hunt and the Sea Guardians #1)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  99 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
After his most klutzy move ever, falling into a pool of sharks, things for Tristan Hunt begin to look up. Tristan is invited to an ocean-themed summer camp in the Florida Keys where he discovers that he and the other young teens there have very special and rare talents when it comes to the ocean. After the camp receives a distress call from ocean animals, Tristan and his n ...more
Published May 1st 2014 by Mighty Media Junior Readers (first published April 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Shark Whisperer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shark Whisperer

Aidan Wilson
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Tristan and his family are at the aquarium having fun and exploring the animals of the ocean when… ,Sploosh!, Tristan falls into the shark exhibit. That is how Ellen Prager's book The Shark Whisperer starts. The book is a fictional adventure and mystery.

Tristan is a 13 year old boy who finds out he has the power to talk to sharks. He falls into a shark exhibit and the sharks instead of circling him and eating him they rub against him like dogs. Later that summer his parents enrolled him in a
ACS Book-finder
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a really good book. The first in a new series, The Shark Whisperer is fun, quirky, and educational all at the same time. I enjoyed getting to know the characters and found them very relatable to teens today. What teen wouldn’t want to swim with sharks without getting eaten!

The author, Ellen Prager, is a marine scientist and was the chief scientist at the world’s only undersea research station located in the Florida Keys. Her ability to weave “science” throughout the storyline is awesome
Vicki
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tristan, a young teenage boy, is a klutz. He falls into a shark tank and discovers that he has a special ability with sharks. This story is very entertaining. If you are interested in Marine Biology it is a fun read! Ellen Prager does a good job creating teenage angst and team work to create solutions for the group of teenagers as well as keeping with the personality details of each teen in her story. A fun read!
Megan
Oct 02, 2017 rated it liked it
It was good, but the science wasn't that realistic and I couldn't really relate to the main character. Still, it was a fairly good read.
Tannia
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Shark Whisperer is the first book in the Tristan Hunt and the Sea Guardians series by marine scientist and author Dr. Ellen Prager. Although a work of fiction, the story contains elements of the author’s scientific knowledge and job experience as well as descriptions of fascinating places where she has worked or visited.

The story begins with Tristan and his family’s visit to the Sarasota Aquarium in Florida.” As he leans over the shark pool's railing trying to get a better look, he falls int
Chris Meads
This was one incredible book. I loved the characters; Ellen Prager made them so livable, even with the webbed hands and feet, making slime, echolocation and more. And all the information about marine life was an added bonus. Makes a person want to go out and save our oceans which is something we all need to think about and do.

I can relate to all the characters: Tristan's clumsiness on land was far different than what he could do in the water. He could talk to sharks and that's what brought him t
Cathy
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow- a GREAT read with such wide appeal for grades 5 - 7. A bit like Discovery Cove meets the Xmen- a summer camp in the Keys recruits kids who have talents in communicating with sealife and/or have latent animal abilities (echolocation, camouflage), trains them, them sends them on missions to save the oceans and their inhabitants. Fun, exciting, great messages about environmentalism, and lots of scientific facts. Interesting characters, enticing locations, and very well paced.

A winner which I'
Erin Pauley
May 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
I enjoyed this book, the description on the back about it being an underwater Harry Potter is sort of on point. I thought it could have had a little more adventure and contained more about the actual camp. One of the things I loved most about Harry Potter was the in depth descriptions of the castle and classes, this book was sort of lacking in that area. I will be reading the next one though and hopefully it will have more of what I am looking for.
Cheeses
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Overall, this is an underrated book. If I could, I would have all of my friends read it. The way it is written as well as the appealing context made me get the next two books and read them as well. However, the book was a little bit slow getting started. Like, you find out the important part out, then nothing is done with it until later in the story. So, it takes some time to get into, but it was worth it. Anyone who enjoys science even a little bit would love this book.
Charity
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For full review please go to: 5girlsbookreviews.blogspot.com, Twitter @camartinez and Facebook "5 Girls Book Reviews"

REVIEW BY: Michaela, age 11 years, 8 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

Wow! What can I say?

I know that you will love this book from the moment you read the first sentence. This book got me from the first sentence hook, line and sinker!

I REALLY love this book! My favorite character is Coach Fred because he is so funny and reminds me of my daddy.
Heather Burnell
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this book out loud to my 9 year old son. The subject and cover alone piqued his interest. The fun setting and great adventure kept him wanting to read more. And he loved learning about different sea creatures. His only disappointment is that the second book in the series isn't out yet. He can't wait for release day. Seems like Ellen Prager's come up with a winner of a series!
Louise Taylor
Great book for teens or good reading youth of any age that love science, mysteries, and adventures.

A great book for adults as well as youth. Easy to read but details that teach in unexpected ways. Lots of science gently disguised in an adventure book. What better way to learn and expand horizons.
Ava Natoli
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a great book! It was very fast-paced, and i loved the plot line! I had to read it for school because i was going to sea camp that year. I was reluctant in the beginning, but it turned out to be great!
Kaelyn Grant
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! The story telling flowed, there were exciting adventures and informative bits all throughout. Great afterward helping distinguish between the fact and fiction of the story. I really enjoyed it.
Q
Apr 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Full review here.
Jomie
Dec 04, 2014 rated it liked it
A lot of science packed into a fun adventure - Hayden loved it and is looking forward to the next one.
Daniella
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kim
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
Evolutionary content - *sigh* - but wonderfully engaging story otherwise.
Sally
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting mix of facts & fiction

I got this to read as a teacher and diver with a particular passion for sharks. I look forward to trying it with kids.
Jb
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved this book! can't wait to see what happens to Tristan next.
Denise
Lisa
rated it it was ok
Oct 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Tristan Hunt and the Sea Guardians (3 books)
  • The Shark Rider (Tristan Hunt and the Sea Guardians, #2)
  • Stingray City