Start by marking “Kiss the Girl (Soho Loft, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kiss the Girl (Soho Loft, #1)

Kiss the Girl (Soho Loft #1)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  2,031 Ratings  ·  157 Reviews
Sleeping with the enemy has never been so complicated.

Twenty-eight-year-old Brooklyn Campbell is having a bad day. A speeding ticket, a towed car, and a broken heel are all working against her laid-back vibe. To top it all off, her birth mother, whom she’s never met, has requested contact. The only bright spot is an impromptu date with a beautiful and mysterious brunette.

J
Published July 15th 2014 by Bold Strokes Books (first published July 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss the Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss the Girl

Jem
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you could only buy one book among all of this year's romantic lesfic releases, this should be your first choice. With Kiss the Girl, Ms. Brayden steps into that exclusive club of romance-only authors whose every release will be eagerly awaited and snapped up by the hopeless romantics.

Brooklyn grew up being bounced around in the foster home system, eventually finishing her late teens in a group home. Being given up time and again has made Brook wary of love and relationships. Fortunately she h
Diane
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great start to an enjoyable series...with a wonderful cast of strong,well developed mixed of characters,well written...highly recommend to every1
Dee
I'm a late comer to the Melissa Brayden fan pool, but after reading two books by this very talented author, I’m officially a fan.

Kiss the girl is told in third person and from both heroine’s point-of-views. It suffers from some slight head-hopping, something that would normally bother me, but I was more forgiving as this appears to have been ironed out judging by the authors more recent story I read.

I enjoyed that this story featured older women, both nearing forty. The setting was to die for. I
Lexxi Kitty
There are something like a million and one (or 14 to 78) brilliant reviews here. I'm not going to be adding much new to the discussion at this point.

This book is the first book I've read by this author. I was 'pushed' into reading this book because of a group I am in that is currently running a 'pick it' group challenge.

I had been putting off this book because everyone and their pet donkey just absolutely loves this book. And I didn't want to go in, after everyone else, pick at it and go . . . y
Nikki
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt, humor
I think it's pretty safe to say that Melissa Brayden is an author I can put on my "go-to for consistently good stories" shelf. She writes good characters and is very good at writing couples that feel very real to the everyday reader. This couple might be my favorite out of all four of her books for me, and the story might be my favorite, too. But, I reserve the right to change my mind if I re-read Heart Block.

There are some serious issues the characters have to deal with on the road to romance
Penny
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Melissa Brayden writes the loveliest characters, which together form the loveliest couple, in a loveliest background, dealing with some serious issues that are going to be, of course, beautifully solved. There's nothing wrong with patterns when they are well executed: and Brayden's stories are always well executed. So, one more 5 stars to her.
Bib
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was my stereotyping and my biases; that made me put this book off and gave me the idea it could be a frivolous read. To my surprise, it is a solid and satisfying read! Witty dialogues blew my socks off, and the abandonment issues Brooklyn had is so well written that I started believing the author must have experienced them first hand. I like this book better than Waiting in the wings, Heart Block, and How Sweet it is. Those are above average reads, so that means that Kiss The Girl's really ex ...more
Pin
Beautifully written and my new favorite by the author. Pure five stars.
Sonja
Because I really liked Waiting in the Wings, I decided I'd see what else this author had written. I ADORED Waiting in the Wings but I think I liked this even more? It was my EVERYTHING.

Brooklyn, Samantha, Hunter, and Mallory meet in college and after working on a film project for their LGBTQ-club together, become best friends. Ten years later and they're still best friends and business partners, running a small and successful advertising agency in Soho.

Brooklyn has a bad day, goes to a bar, mee
Vic
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lesfic
I really enjoyed this book. No real surprise there as I've enjoyed all of Melissa's books so far. Though it didn't quite charm me as much as Waiting in the Wings, or feel as distinctive as How Sweet It Is, it certainly had the right mix of elements that all add up to a pretty perfect romance.

The characters are likable and appealing, the plot plausible, sweet and not overly complicated. Melissa's writing has a nice flow to it, and the dialog sounds like actual people talking! This doesn't always
Agirlcandream
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Once again Brayden delivers a romance with characters you can't help but love. Brooklyn is entertaining the moment she hits the page and I also liked the effort the author made to build some depth into her back story. Having Jessica's neighbour Ashton echo and remind Brooklyn of her early years in foster care added a nice level of grit and depth not seen in How Sweet it Is. The storyline involving Brooklyn's birth mother adds a whole new emotional level to Kiss the Girl and reinforces our admira ...more
Tara
I loved this book. Like big time loved, will read again many times, will probably even buy a hard copy despite already owning a Kindle copy. I loved every character (except who I wasn't supposed to), I loved watching the two mains fall in love, and the family stuff made me cry and I don't cry easily at books these days. I'm really hoping the rest of this series shows us the rest of the friends getting their HEAs, but I'll happily read them no matter what.

Full review here: http://www.thelesbianre
Just a man's point of view
I love Melissa Brayden's books. They are sweet, sexy and funny.
They are psicholgically intense, but never heavy to read. The author has a wonderful sense of humour and keen insight for her characters.
Kiss the Girl is probably my favourite book of Melissa (together with How Sweet it is, but maybe still better!)
It begins with a wonderful, skyrocketing meeting between Brooklyn and Jessica, and then all has its rythm, in a perfectly edited story, brilliant dialogues, blooming disclosure of many-fiel
Anja
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a wonderful story. I really liked this book and couldn’t put it down. Melissa Brayden is wonderful author, one of her strengths is the ability to create likeable characters which engage the interest of her readers. It is so refreshing to read a story where the girl gets the girl! Beautifully written, easy to read. Two characters who you can easily fall in love with. I love the Starbucks nemesis, because it always happens to me too. They never get my name right even if I spell it ;) Bro ...more
Luce
5 STARS
This is a re-read but this time I listened to the audiobook. Nice narration although Brooklyn's New Yawk accent felt a little jarring at times. I initially gave the ebook 4 stars when I read it years ago but upon re-read it deserves 5 stars.
Julia
I'm gonna have to blame Melissa Brayden for the amount of classes I've spent devouring this book right after Waiting in the Wings. God, her writing style is so exactly the kind of stuff I die for, it's unreal.

Thankfully, this was just as nice to read. I expected good things in the romance aspect, but what I didn't see coming was how much I'd love the friendship between Brooklyn and her best friends. It was so amazing to see a female character whose real family consists of three amazing girls she
Les Read
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sarah Waters, Jeanette Winterson, Radclyffe, Robin Alexander, Georgia Beers, Jae, Fannie Flagg, Gerri Hill… If there was a Hall of Fame for lesbian writers, a plaque with their pictures would be tacked against a wall, forever immortalized. Melissa Brayden is a few books shy of plaque-status. She’s a FAST rising star and almost all of her books have been a home run. Kiss The Girl is no exception, and would be a wonderful introduction to her writing style and stories.

What I love about this book (a
Anne
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Brooklyn's life has never been easy and I understand why she feels insecure, but her commitment phobia is too much. And all those mixed signals? She wants to take things slow, but invites Jessica to travel and meet her mother. She wants to be taken seriously, but acts like an immature girl. Annoying, to say the least.

I don’t buy the “I didn’t know who Jessica was” thing. Not for a second. Because if you’re in advertising and don’t know who your competitors are, you should consider a career chang
Natsu
Corporate Rivals plus Mutual Attraction equals Complicated Romance. Add Brooklyn's emotional walls and Jessica's cutthroat reputation.

Outside influences were significant in the story (Mal, Sam, Hunter, Cynthia, Cat, and Bentley) because one or both our mains required a nudge (or a blatant push) in the non-logical but right direction.

I predicted the Ad pitch plot twist before it happened. Entirely my fault though. I spoil myself, it's what my head does. (view spoiler)
Swetha Chodavarpu
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was recommended to me by a friend and although I am familiar with Melissa's work, this book came as a pleasant surprise and happy reminder.
Melissa is a wonderful author. She writes each character with the finesse and respect that they deserve.

Melissa focuses not only on the protagonist but also on the rest of the characters and brings the entire story to life. The protagonists themselves are witty and humourous.

The story has many elements to it. It makes you laugh out loud in some par
Frank Van Meer
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
If I have had a bad day, I just pick up a Melissa Brayden book, read it in one session, and everything is allright with the world again.

What I like most about Ms. Braydens books, is the dialogue. Sometimes to me it seems out of this world, yet it flows so naturally I think it's just normal. With entirely lovable characters, the often times humourous banter is an absolute joy to read.

Kiss the Girl is no ecxeption. It's a lovely story, with just enough drama to spice things up.

I also really like t
Isobel
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian
This was fabulous! The characters sparkled, and I loved them all.
M
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, l-books
Love this book.

Great author, great characters, amazing dialogue and a HEA. Read this book and find out.

Off to get the next in the series.
T.B. Markinson
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kiss the Girl is one of the best lesbian romances I’ve read this year or ever.
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt, romance, steamy, audible
I picked this up in a sale at Audible and I'm happy I did. Mostly. Both Brooklyn and Jessica were fun to spend time with and I really liked the character growth in both. Jessica really shines as someone who is powerful and capable but with the regrets of having made choices that hurt people in the past. I loved how she was honest about her past and that Brooklyn could credit her sincerity without giving her a full-on pass. This was a very strong aspect of the story.

The work conflict was handled
RamenGrrl
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Received this ARC from NetGalley...

I really, really, loved this book. Melissa Brayden has a voice that is just so...relaxed and comfortable for me. Her characters are complex, yes, but there's a certain simplicity in how the dialogue was delivered, and the emotion was right there (ok I felt punched in the solar plexus like 3 times while reading. That was uncomfortable in a restless, get-me-to-the-next-part-because-it-has-to-get-better kind of way). There were laugh out loud moments (like every t
~ * K E L L I E * ~
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014
Another quality book by Melissa Brayden. I thoroughly enjoyed Brooklyn and Jessica's story. The interaction between the leading ladies and the supporting characters made for an entertaining read.

The part (view spoiler) was predictable (to me), however well written and it was nice to see (view spoiler)
Marie
it gave me back my youth

(turns out that cute, lovely, adult and smart f/f romance do exist)
Musa
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I've loved Melissa's writing ever since Waiting in the Wings. Her writing style is very easy to read and yet she always managed to create these captivating characters, which you just can't help but falling in love with them.

I loved Age in Waiting in the Wings and I am so falling in love with Jess in this book. I like going through the process and slowly unveiling Jess and what hides behind her cold demeanor. Inside Jess, there's nothing cold about her. The scene where Jess was quietly being the
Diana
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Diana by: Penny
Shelves: fiction
kiss the girl

Nice story with a roller coaster of emotions, hot scenes and a very nice chemistry between the main characters that keep you drawn into it.

(view spoiler)
  • Ambereye (Garoul, #2)
  • Mending Defects
  • Conflict of Interest (Portland Police Bureau, #1)
  • Jericho
  • Winds of Heaven
  • At Seventeen
  • Parties in Congress
  • Pitifully Ugly
  • Too Close to Touch
  • Infinite Loop
  • New Beginnings (Winter Jacket, #2)
  • Love by the Numbers
  • The Princess Affair
  • That Certain Something
Melissa Brayden is the multi-award winning author of twelve lesbian romance novels and is hard at work on more. She is a wine enthusiast, a fan of all donuts, and is probably staring off into space as you're reading this.
More about Melissa Brayden

Soho Loft (3 books)
  • Just Three Words (Soho Loft, #2)
  • Ready or Not (Soho Loft, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be