Start by marking “Crashing Into You” as Want to Read:
Crashing Into You

Crashing Into You

New Adult Contemporary Romance

Bookish college sophomore Sydney Baker wants Evan Taylor with every ounce of her being. The hottest stud on campus, Evan is six foot four, ripped, stacked with muscles. He's even easy to talk to.

There's just one problem: he's her roommate Melanie's boyfriend.

But when Melanie tragically dies after a night of wild partying, Sydney and Evan tur
Published October 3rd 2013 by B.D. Rowe (first published October 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Crashing Into You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crashing Into You

Geri Reads
Oct 02, 2013 rated it did not like it
A ridiculous mess of a book!

I honestly requested this via NetGalley because the blurb was interesting. Sadly, the book did not live up to it.

Sydney Baker is a college student in love with her roommate's boyfriend, Evan. I get to constantly read about Sydney wanting to jump Evan's bones, fantasizing about Evan and creating every opportunity to be alone with Evan. I mean, hello? Fatal Attraction much?

Evan is a douche. There's no other way to say it. He's a douche and liar. He has a girlfriend but
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Received this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

So here goes some honesty...

This book was really hard to get through... in reality, I didn't actually get through it. The first few chapters really pulled me in. I loved the whole unrequited love aspect, the forbidden romance between Evan and his girlfriend's roommate. (Honestly, I forget her name.) The whole back story of losing her boyfriend in that wreck, the drunk driving accident making her this straight laced college stu
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Thank you NetGalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

DNF @ 26%

I wasn't able to post my thoughts last year because.. well it's full of rants. I hate the story, the characters, the romance.. JUST NO. It's dull and terrible. I didn't feel any emotions towards the characters. The leading guy here is a complete bastard and absolutely bullshit. Uggh. *eye rolling*

I hate it when I DNF a book. I guess this one is not for me.

Mallory
I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review.

I wanted to read this book because the blurb looked interesting. I love college romance stories. But honestly, this book was a bit all over the place and there was a lot going on.

Sydney is a college student who is more into studying than partying. She had a traumatic experience with alcohol and has therefore sworn off anything that could make her out of control. The one interesting thing about Sydney is that she's in love with her roommat
Hannah
Oct 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: new-adult
Ugh, this book was just...no. Full rant to come soon because I was naive enough to have requested it on Netgalley.
Bev
Jun 18, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, arc, hot-mess
Unfortunately the book didn't live up to the blurb, it started off well enough but then just fizzled and got silly and messy. I spent way too much time eye-rolling to contemplate finishing this.

DNF when Melanie was conveniently gotten out of the way 🙄

Arc received from Netgalley for review.
Farrah
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Drama-filled, emotional, and romantic, Crashing into You was a wonderful New Adult romance. I really enjoyed reading this book.

Sydney was a heroine that was easy to relate. She was't perfect. She had her flaws, one of them being the fact that she was hot for her roommate's boyfriend. But, those flaws were part of what made her likable. It made her seem more real. Beyond that, she was strong and unwilling to let anyone run all over her and determined to protect her loved ones. I thought she was g
Kerri (Book Hoarder)
I don't quite know what to make of this book.

By turns relatively realistic and believable and then unbearably preachy, the book tells the story of Sydney, a young woman living on campus with a huge crush on her roommate's boyfriend. Mixed into this is Sydney's past - the fact that she lost her highschool boyfriend in a car crash because he was driving while drunk, and the way she deals with her crush on Evan as she tries to move forward.

(view spoiler)
Jannat Bhat
Received Through NetGalley For Honest Review

*Includes Spoilers*

I don't even know where to start with this book. This story was just so SAD & TRAGIC! So many people dying, so many lies...Urgh!
Syd here is madly in love with her roommate, Melanie's boyfriend Evan.Also hanging over her is her past - the fact that she lost her high school boyfriend in a car crash because he was driving while drunk, and the way she deals with her crush on Evan as she tries to move on. The story veers between Syd
Susan (susayq ~)
**This book was received from Netgalley**

I just don't even know where to start with this one. The premise was great. The actual story? Not so much. Sydney was very immature and really bothered me through the whole book. One minute she was sad, the next she was smiling. One minute she was ranting at her friends, the next they were all happy-go-lucky. And then there was her obsession with her roommate's boyfriend, whom she started dating after her roommate died. Throw in the dead roommate
Shayna Varadeaux
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. NetGalley

Let's just say this book starts with a bang and then a crash.
Sydney would never forget that night with James.

Two years later it haunts her dreams, that night she lost him forever.
She's at college and moving along with her life she stays on campus with Melanie her roommate. Her best friend Lukas is a cute and quirky guy who is totally into guys. He knows all about the accident and Syd's dirty little secret.
Sydney wants Evan but he'
Lori
Oct 31, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: new-author, terrible
This is a book about a your girl, Sydney and how she is try to overcome the tragedies in her life to have normal college experiences. Sydney is in love with her Dorm roommate’s boyfriend, Evan and he shows some significant interest in her as well. Evan and Sydney are connected because of a class and spend time together without his girlfriend – her roommate- because of this class. Sydney fantasized about Evan and want’s to be with him but refuses to hurt her friend. Sydney has had tragedy at a yo ...more
Jeannie Zelos
Oct 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
Crashing Into You. B.D. Rowe.

ARC provided via Netgalley.
I saw the title of this, read the synopsis and I recalled reading reviews that were good I requested it. Stupidly I didn't check it WAS the same book I was remembering, and it wasn't – I was thinking of the forthcoming Kate McGarry book Crash into You, you can see how I made the mistake. And it was a mistake as this book simply didn't live up to the promise of the description for me.
The characters are around 20-21 so not teens but at time
Nicola
Oct 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
* Review copy granted in exchange for an honest review*

Full Review - with spoilers - on my blog

I can't go into the in's and out's of why I didn't enjoy this book without giving away too many spoilers so I'm going to just say a few general things about it and if you want to read more, you click on the link and read the full review on my blog...

This is B. D. Rowe's first novel and it's an Indie novel (s
Christina
Oct 13, 2013 rated it liked it
*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review*

Sydney Baker has had her share of tragedy in her nearly 21 years. Important people in her life have fallen into the trap of alcohol abuse and have paid the ultimate consequence, their lives. The issue of underage drinking (that ultimately ends in death) is a major thematic element in this book, so if this is an issue for you, it would be best to proceed with caution. How Sydney lives her life is completely dictated by the actions of those around her
Jessica
Oct 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
I got to read this book early thanks to NetGalley. I loved the cover and the over all description of the book but that is all it has going for it.

Crashing into You by B.D. Rowe
This book was really hard to finish. I found myself rolling my eyes every five minutes. The main characters in this book are fake, shallow and uninteresting as well as the secondarily characters. I didn’t care about them or what happen to them which is very disappointing, when I read a book I want to care about the char
Ally  Cakes
Nov 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
And ARC of this novel was obtained through and Net Galley for an honest review, so honest it will be.

What on earth did I just read? This book has me shocked! I don't understand what kind of story I just read.

Was it supposed to be some type of thriller suspense horror book?

No one in this book was likable. I don't think I have ever read a book where none of the main characters had some type of redeeming quality.

Sidney was a jealous, deceiving and self-righteous person. Instead of educating her p
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
My first thoughts on this book are that I was astounded. When I started this book I liked it, but didn't love it, then the more I read of it I was annoyed by Sydney and her whole, " I have to have him" mentality. I can understand wanting to be with someone who is with a friend, but when said friend is out of the picture due to strange circumstances I won't go into because I don't want to ruin the book, let it go sheesh. When she finally sees him again they begin their relationship and someone un ...more
Pauline
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: na, romance
Wow! That was...seriously messed up! But in a good kind of way. The story started like any "complicated" N.A romance: girl's in love with best friend's boy, boy starts to have a crush on girl, things get complicated.... Throw in there a death, secrets, lies, psychos and sex... It's an effing thriller! Not a romance!! Well, let's settle for a twisted romance.

It started dramatically. It went on dramatically. It ended super dramatically. Damn, it's like the poor girl can't catch a break! You almost
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Ugh! I hate giving poor reviews but this book was so not for me.

Instead of inner dialogue I felt like I was reading a play by play of words.

The dialogue with others was corny, superficial and forced.

The story line was meh!

I did not feel the connection between Sydney and Evan at all. It felt fake and insincere.

Sydney was trying not to come off as a prude with her personal choices but she came off a bit unhinged and prude like. I'm all for personal choices but she was a bit loco.

With the ending.
Wendy
Oct 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: nov-13
I believe the author's intent in writing this story was to deliver a message and that was achieved wholeheartedly.
Sydney Baker, a college student, has had her share of tragedy. Being the only survivor of a horrifying car accident, caused by drunk driving, she can't escape the horrific memories of that night. The issue of underage drinking has Sydney living in a state of fear, on a campus, where college kids want to party. As a result, she doesn't have many friends, what Sydney does have is a ard
Chelsea (Starbucks & Books Obsession)
I don't even know where to start. Full review to come
Michelle
Oct 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-book
This was definitely a unique one of a kind story. It's hard to fathom that so much heartache can be accumulated by 1 person.
Kady
Nov 19, 2014 rated it did not like it
I didn't really enjoy this book. I wanted to DNF but kept going, hoping for redemption and a happy ending. It was morbid and the characters were unlikable and then there wasn't even a HEA! Bummer!
Natalie
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was a great read. I was constantly wondering what was gonna happen next. It was very unpredictable at times and the roller coaster of emotions was crazy.

Sydney has been through so much that when she gets to college she hopes her life will get better. For the most part it does but her past is always lurking in her head. Having a major crush on her roommates bf actually helps to keep her mind off of her past until she is put in similar situations that bring it all back again.

Melanie and Eva
Shirley Frances

Hmmm, this was such a hard read for me because I really, really wanted to like this book. I thought that the concept would make for an interesting read and although some aspects of the story did, the story as a whole did not meet my expectations.

What Didn't Work for me

1. Sydney's rambling thoughts - the girl could go on and on about how much she wanted Evan. And really, do I need a play by play of her taking her final exams? Er, NO!

2. Too many tragedies, but none were dealt with a
FicCentral
centralpickshijackedbyysar

ReasonsToRead
College sophomore Sydney had to overcome tragic loss and come to grips with incredible guilt to get where she is, but she's adjusted well and her life is on the right track.  There's just the pesky little problem of her crush on her roommate's boyfriend.

Evan is everything she wants, a first since the loss of her boyfriend in high school, and even though they're just good friends, she can't help but feel more for him.  Too bad he's dating Melanie, her partying roommate, and as they're coming up
Just
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a surprised read. I received copy via Netgalley and when I read the reviews Im beginning to think if I made a mistake but the truth is it's a good thing I have my own opinion.

I dont think this book deserves a bad review . So, it was the authors' first Adult book but I think he/she made a good job.

The story start with Sydney having had a tragic car accident due to drink and driving, with her boyfriend on the wheel died on the spot and 2 innocent people , a mom and a kid. 4 years later Sy
★Carri
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, own
Review of crashing into you by BD Rowe.

This e-book was provided to me for free through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I would technically give this 3 1/2 stars, so rounding up to four. I start from five stars and work my way lower, so you understand where I'm coming from. Not very different at all from starting with an A grade in class and taking away points.

I really did not get what was up with Sydney throughout this entire book. Honestly she seemed somewhat spacey. For someone w
Romancerwblog
Oct 16, 2013 rated it liked it
I received and ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review...

I was scanning through the books on Netgalley looking for something to catch my attention when I came across Crashing Into You. I really liked the cover and the synopsis looked interesting so I requested the title and jumped into the story.

Early on in the story readers learn Sydney has secretly been in love with her roommate's boyfriend Evan since they first met, but accepts all they will ever be is friends, but a girl can hope
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Found (Penny Black #1)
  • Come Undone (Rock Hard, #1)
  • When I’m With You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #3)
  • No Way Back (Mia's Way, #1)
  • Stealing Promises
  • Finding Home
  • Shelter Me
  • Entry-Level Mistress
  • Entwine
  • Soulless
  • Endless
  • Cover Me
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • Sarah's Choice
  • The Boyfriend List (Boyfriend #1)
  • 42 Hours (Time for Love, #3)
  • The Silver Chain (The Unbreakable Trilogy, #1)
  • Pas De Death (Dani Spevak Mysteries, #3)
B.D. Rowe is a Sacramento native with a penchant for crafting tales of romance, mystery, and intrigue. Crashing Into You is B.D. Rowe's New Adult debut.