Start by marking “The Rise of Mallory (Everville, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Rise of Mallory (Everville, #3)

The Rise of Mallory

(Everville #3)

As the epic journey continues, a victorious Owen Sage stands undefeated against his enemies. His last battle in Everville gave rise to a new insidious evil, Mallory; whose determination to defeat him opens an unexplored Pandora’s box. Owen's search for truth will unveil the mystery and surprising insights surrounding himself and his friends at Easton Falls University. New ...more
Published January 20th 2014 by Roy Huff (first published January 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Rise of Mallory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rise of Mallory

Anne
Oct 28, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
I absolutely love the cover!
Jo-Anne Pfoh
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was worried that I would be missing huge plot lines beginning with book #3 the Rise of Mallory but I was wrong. Everville 3: The Rise of Mallory reads like a separate novel with small references to the past but nothing that prevents the reader from fully grasping the storyline.

I enjoyed this book immensely. It is action packed with well developed characters who were easy to love or hate equally. Each character is clearly defined. I was quickly absorbed in the plot rooting for Owen, Zee and Ani
Louise White
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Roy Huff does it again, in a well developed action packed adventure that appeals to the same part of me that loves thrill rides, Halloween, and classic horror movies.
I always like to read a series in order, but this has enough background that it could certainly be read alone.
Descriptions are vivid and the plot well executed in The rise of Mallory.
With alternate realities and monsters, I must confess that they are always the biggest attraction for me.
The cover for this book is amazing, and the s
Jola
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is certainly the best book in the series so far. It is action-packed, we get to know a little more about the other realms and new race, the Alarians, which I really enjoyed, they are very unique. The final battle was very thrilling!
The character development in this book is also nicely done, Owen Sage and his friends feel like real persons with their own personalities and problems.
Once again the ending came too soon, so I can't wait to find out what's next for Owen, Zee, Anika and others!

Th
Anne-Rae Vasquez
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommended
In The Rise of Mallory, the newest book in the Everville series, the epic journey continues with another battle to save Everville and Earth. Truths are revealed about Owen and his friends while more interesting creatures are introduced and the lines between good and evil are blurred. The battle escalates into a breathless climax leaving just enough for readers to anticipate more for future books in the series.

What I enjoyed is Huff's ability to seamlessly tie in the earthly world and then throw
Ailyn
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
The cover looks so cool and I like this one the best out of all 3. While Owen is looking for the third pillar of truth, Mallory is plotting to rule the world and its surround planes. Talk about ambitious!

So as the race against time is on, Owen must find the third pillar if he were to be successful in saving Everville, and the world from the evil clutches of Mallory.

The ending is pretty good. I wonder if Everville will come back again soon
Judith
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Judith by: Roy Huff
I was given an ARC by the author and asked for an honest review.

The Rise of Mallory is the third installment of the Everville series (following The First Pillar and The City of Worms). Again, the author has delivered a well-written adventure that makes you want to keep reading and not put the book down. Our hero, Owen Sage, is asked to do something unbelievable to stop an evil plot to take over and destroy Everville residents as well as other species in our and other universes. A well-written pl
Cindy Stice-reese
Oct 31, 2013 marked it as to-read
Looking forward to reading your newest book!
Bookwrom
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've added it to my reads. And I like the cover too. Looking forward to it.
Siina
I got this book for a beta purpose as I got the former parts too. The Rise of Mallory was surely the strongest of the three books. Huff finally depicts his characters and the worlds with detail making them vivid thus bringing them to life. The human characters act more like adults, which is great, since they are that basically already. Overall we get to know the characters better, which is always great. The plot works out nicely too and the open ending was a good choice. I'd say the book is thre ...more
Monica Reents
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Rise of Mallory is the third book in the Everville series. It is an incredibly interesting and imaginative read with a fabulous cover! Full of action and adventure with characters that Roy Huff allows his readers to get to know and understand. I absolutely love the characters, Owen, Anika, Zee, the Keepers, and even Mallory. The plot is very well written and pulls you in from the beginning.

Owen, a college student, is undefeated in his battles against evil, this has brought out Mallory. The
Sarah Baethge
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Everville 3: The Rise of Mallory by Roy Huff is the third book in the Everville series. It picks up right where book 2 left off with Owen and his friends on Earth preparing for Christmas. The cast in Everville is trying to return to their normal lives as they recover from adventures of the last book as well.

Mallory is now raising a surprisingly powerful dragon that he intends to use for the forces of Them in their fight against The Keepers. Owen and his Everville allies know that they must prep
Sherry Ellis
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The saga continues. In this third book in the Everville Series, Owen Sage, the undefeated hero, has to face the evil villain, Mallory, who shows up from the previous book. This time, Mallory is using a powerful dragon to aid the forces of Them and fight the Keepers. It's Owen's job (along with a little help from his friends) to protect the world of Everville from the madness of power-hungry Mallory.

Once again, author Roy Huff has seamlessly connected the earthly world with the fantasy world of E
Lynelle Clark
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was fortunate to receive a draft copy of the book which enabled me to be one of the first to read the book. The third book in the Everville Series, a quick pace and well written story that takes the reader deeper into the world of Everville and Owen Sage.
The Rise of Mallory was filled with adventure and a dramatic story line to make this an entertaining read. The character Owen learned more about his own parents involvement and the reason why he was chosen.
A story about patience, friendship,
Anna Tan
Jan 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
Since the last battle in Everville, Mallory, a Fron turned evil, plots to hoard all the power from the element for himself by harnessing the goodwill of the newly hatched dragon, Rathlar, and initiating an inter-universe war between the Alarians and the inhabitants Everville. Owen faces his toughest task yet and struggles to complete it even whilst his friends are being decimated by the Alarians.

I think The Rise of Mallory was better written than the first two (maybe because of experience?). A
Anna (Enchanted by YA)
***I received the eBook free as a review copy from the author in exchange for an honest review***

The Rise of Mallory is easily the best book in the series so far, and in my eyes a fitting end to all the character’s story. I understand that there is still 1 (at least) book(s) to be written and published but I love the way that this book was concluded and while it’s unusual for me to stop a series half way through to me it has been concluded in the most satisfying way. Even with minor plotlines st
Nicole
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
I had a hard time connecting with this title in the Everville series. For one thing, while some reviewers have said that this could be a stand-alone work, I have to disagree. It's been a while since I read the previous books, and I was seriously lost for a good portion of this installment. There were a lot of characters I had difficulty placing, and there are a lot of references to previous plot points that you really are going to need to have fresh in your memory. That made the initial chapters ...more
Larry B Gray
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Everville 3: The Rise of Mallory by Roy Huff is an excellent YA fantasy that will keep you on the edge of your seat. It is fast paced, action packed adventure that is hard to put down once you start reading.

The author is a great storyteller, able to bring the story to life. It is easy to put yourself into the tale and follow along as an unseen character. The story is realistic and full of exciting twist and turns in the plot, yet easy to follow along.

This is book 3 of Roy Huff Everville series a
John Hennessy
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Now that I've completed this book, I have looked at some of the other reviews, because I like to compare my thoughts with others. It's hard to know what to add that is different, but I'll do that and come back with a more detailed review. In summary - a great fantasy that introduced me to the world Roy Huff has created - actually two worlds. Full review to come.
Don
Outstanding. As this series progresses the story keeps getting better and better.
Sheila
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
With references back to characters and events of the previous books, Everville the Rise of Mallory is a fitting conclusion to the storyline begun in The First Pillar. The stories are best read in sequence though, and the story continues with the Fall of Brackenbone and, hopefully, more to come.

Complex world (and multiverse) building, with fascinating alien species, epic battles, great good and great evil characterize these novels, together with wise understanding of human nature. Arrogance is a
Linda Hamonou
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Definitely my favorite book of the series.
I just couldn't put this book down.
There is a lot happening in Everville and on Earth and Owen is going to take you through a long journey to understand the Third Pillar of Truth.
All the little things bugging me in the previous books of the series have disappeared, making this book my absolute favorite.
I love how we don't dig into the characters all that much, but are instead allowed to follow them as they try to understand what is happing. I also like
Bobbi
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Bobbi by: Author
As Owen continues his next search in keeping the peace and safety of lands through the realm, Mallory is training a new threat to take over the power he needs to control the element and the universe ultimately. Owen is tasked with a new challenge which tests his integrity and willingness to learn about a species who originally started the problems faced in the city of worms not knowing how much damage they caused in the first place of trying to save their Race. Owen learns and grows while also g ...more
Sandra Stiles
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
As always Roy Huff has done an excellent job with this third story in his series. In this third book we find Owen Sage, the hero trying to protect both his world and teh world of Everville from Mallory. If he fails it could mean the destruction of people, animals and other creatures in both worlds. He is not alone in this effort. He has the help of Zee and Anika. Like his other books this book is fast paced filled with twists and turns. His world building as always is great. He seems to be able ...more
Michael
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome & original

If you like a writing style that is clear and concise and straight to the point then this series is for you. Longer than a short story but not as long as a ‘normal’ novel this story has no time to waste and get straight into the action.

I really enjoyed the story plot line between the three novels of the series. It definitely takes me to another world.

I love to see authors improving as they write more books. This is definitely the case here. I enjoyed the first & second
Jonee
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had started this book a while back then put it done. Not because I didn't like it I just didn't have the time to get into like I wanted. But now that I've finished the book I'm glad I did. It followed up right where book two left off and gave some great clarity bout some things I questioned in books 1&2.

I'm waiting on the next book to come out so if anyone knows if there is one PLEASE let me know!! Thanks
Lance Morcan
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A scintillating read!

Epic fantasy is not this reviewer’s preferred genre. But that’s where the negatives end! This is a scintillating read. Fast-paced, thrilling, entertaining. It held me to the end.

It’s a tale with many levels – and very well written. Easy to see why it’s the Readers' Favorite 2014 Young Adult Fantasy Silver Medal Winner!

Great cover, too. They say, never judge a book by its cover…. Well, this one breaks the rule.
InD'tale Magazine
“Everville” is a spellbinding sci-fi tale, with lots of suspense and an imaginative sci-fi plot!

Read full review in the 2014 June/July Double Issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Kim Lo
Mar 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continuing on the journey of Owen in Everville, he is met with a surprise when he realizes that someone close to him appears to him to reveal to him the dangers that arose from the results of the City of Worms. Owen is faced with Mallory, a Fron turned evil who has a thirst for collecting power from the element. Owen is now sent off to look for the Third Pillar by the Keeper in hopes of finding a way to stop the war which is claiming innocent lives as the war continues.

Definitely one of most co
Jane Blanchard
May 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Everville: The Rise of Mallory by Roy Huff is the third book in the Everville fantasy series written for young adults. There is a lot of backfill, but I recommend reading the books in order to fully understand the epic struggle.

In this book, Owen Sage visits the third Pillar of Truth to learn how to combat Mallory and his dragon, Rathlar. Meanwhile, the other worlds are preparing for a war that could end of the multiverse, their world as the know it.

As an adult, I did not find this book as engag

• Ashlynn's Dreams (Devya's Children, #1)
  • Transcender: First-Timer (Transcender, #1)
  • Sword of Deaths (The Scythe Wielder's Secret Book 2)
  • The Warlock and the Wolf (The Naturalist, #1)
  • Uriel (The Hallowed Chronicles, #1)
  • The People's Necromancer (The Age of Magic, #1)
  • Ghostfire (OutCast, #3)
  • The Machine God (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #3)
  • The Sentient (The Sentient Prophecy, #1)
  • The Cloudstone Key (Rithhek Cage Trilogy, #1)
  • The Book of Silence (The Lords of Dûs, #4)
  • The Gift-Knight's Quest
  • Code of the Kyoushi (Miraibanashi, #1)
  • Masks of the Martyrs (Rings of the Master, #4)
  • Tundra 37 (A New Dawn, #2)
  • The Victor: A Tale of Betrayal, Love, and Sacrifice
  • The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
  • Soul Source: Back and There Again
Roy Huff is a Hawaii based author, research scientist, and teacher. At a young age, he struggled in a family plagued by severe poverty and mental illness. After high school, he moved to the islands and hasn’t looked back.

He’s since earned five degrees, worked on projects forecasting Kilauea volcanic emissions, and trained on geostationary satellites for NASA's GOES-R Proving Ground. He stumbled i

Everville (4 books)
  • The First Pillar (Everville, #1)
  • The City of Worms (Everville, #2)
  • The Fall of Brackenbone (Everville #4)
“An evil deed can be forgiven. While it may not be forgotten, the deed is not the doer, and we must be willing to forgive, else we risk exposing ourselves to the same evil.” 0 likes
“In the end, out life is simply the sum of all our consequences from the sum of all our choices.” 0 likes