Start by marking “Dragon Down (Dragons: Riders of Berk Comics, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Down (Dragons: Riders of Berk Comics, #1)

Dragon Down

(Dragons: Riders of Berk & Defenders of Berk Comics #1)

The  How to Train Your Dragon  phenomenon makes its way into comics, as Titan Publishing continues the stories from the Dragon movies.

Set in the town of Berk, the comic relates the adventures of young Hiccup and his faithful dragon Toothless – plus Hiccup’s father, Stoick the Vast, and Hiccup’s friends Gobber, Snotlout, Tuffnut and Ruffnut – and, of course, the lovely Ast
Published May 27th 2014 by Titan Comics (first published April 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Down

Shirin
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
cuuuutiiiiiiiesssssssssss I love them
Katie
Dec 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-books
I loved the art style each section looked like a painting 🎨 story was too short and simple
Jessica Johnson
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting little comic, rather like a script for the show than true comic book form.
Mahhesh
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
milou  ☕️
I love all of these characters so much. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I'm a rather devoted fan of the How To Train Your Dragon franchise and I've watched all the shows and movies countless of times, which is why I've moved on to the comics next. I want to read as much about all of these characters as I possibly can
Madeleine Holly-Rosing
Dreamworks first venture into the graphic novel business brings us the continuing adventures of Hiccup and his friends in the How To Train Your Dragon universe. Written by Scott Furman, with pencils by Iwan Nazif, coloring by Nestor Pereyra and Digikore, and lettering by David Manley-Leach, Dreamworks made a wise marketing decision in choosing this series to start with. Not only was the movie a money maker, it was very good and I very much look forward to seeing the second. I understand this com ...more
Kogiopsis
As a diehard fan of How To Train Your Dragon, of course I had to pick this up once I realized it was in my library's digital collection. I'll read the others, too - but let's be honest here: the storytelling quality is on par with Riders of Berk and Defenders of Berk, not the core canon movies. This volume is a pretty straightforward RoB episode plot, with no twists and turns, and so it never really ascends above average. (And yeah, yeah, I'm not the target audience, I know.)

The art is cute, tho
King Haddock
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Riders of Berk graphic novels allow readers to continue to enjoy the world of DreamWorks Dragons. While there are some canonical inconsistencies in the artwork of the comics (Hiccup frequently has blue eyes, Astrid green eyes, and Hiccup is shown holding a pencil in his right hand for several panels in the third graphic novel), overall these books are enjoyably drawn with enjoyable stories. I would recommend them to any HTTYD fan of any age who wants another story of Hiccup and his gang.

Of a
Miss Ryoko
A comic version, even though it's considered a graphic novel, of Dragon stories. Alvin the Treacherous shows up in these for the first time that I know if... and he looks nothing like he should, and that was annoying. Though in actuality, Fishlegs doesn't look anything like he is supposed to, but I find that doesn't bother me as much. And this might be perhaps that my first experience with Fishlegs was the movies so that is just what he looks like to me, even though he's a gangling skinny kid wi ...more
Rachel
Apr 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

I love Dragons and this was a fun read, especially since this is a comic book. I like the fact it is based off the TV show yet isn't just a copy of one of the episodes but a story of itself of friendship and standing up for those you care about, even if it could be dangerous. The story was good but it didn't engage me enough which is why I rated it as I did. Yet, it was good enough (and I like Dragon enough) that I will be getting the next book in the series.
Zoe Blinko
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet; has all the spirit of the much loved film and television series :'). Hookfang, Snotlout's Monstrous Nightmare is again the centre of attention in this graphic novel; the plot is similar to a few episodes of Riders of Berk and Defenders of Berk, but dragon fans will still love it all the same!.
Kim Heimbuch
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5* full review coming soon
Kai
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I never thought there'll be a comic book based on my favorite film and TV series. Now I look forward reading the next volume.
Alyssa
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
That was weird. Hiccup looked like a 12 year old girl and Alvin looked like Stoick but with a bigger beard and a different helmet. I love How To Train Your Dragon, but this was kind of disappointing.
Caryn
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2014, comics
I love How to Train Your Dragon, so I had to check out this new series of graphic novels based on the TV show. It was a cute story, but I wish it were longer!
Angela
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
While I love the books more than the show, the movie is pretty good and this graphic novel based on the show is fun and entertaining but too short.
Isobel Beaton
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Batman '66, Vol. 4
  • Batman #16
  • Ms. Marvel (2015-2019) #3
  • Dragon Drive Vol 2 (Dragon Drive)
  • Paper Girls #15
  • Riverdale #1
  • Invader Zim, Vol. 2
  • Betty & Veronica (2016-) #1 (Betty & Veronica (2016-2017) )
  • All You Need Is Kill (Graphic Novel)
  • Star Wars: The Story of Darth Vader
  • The Simpsons Family History

Dragons: Riders of Berk & Defenders of Berk Comics (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Dangerous Depths (Dragons: Riders of Berk Comics, #2)
  • The Ice Castle (Dragons: Riders of Berk Comics, #3)
  • The Stowaway (Dragons: Riders of Berk Comics, #4)
  • The Legend of Ragnarok (Dragons: Riders of Berk Comics, #5)
  • Underworld (Dragons: Riders of Berk Comics, #6)
  • The Endless Night (Dragons: Defenders of Berk Comics, #1)
  • Snowmageddon (Dragons: Defenders of Berk Comics, #2)
  • Dragons: Riders of Berk, The Collectors Edition (Dragons: Riders of Berk Comics, #1-2)
  • Tales from Berk (Dragons: Riders of Berk Comics, #1-2)
  • The Enemies Within... (Dragons: Riders of Berk Comics, #3-4)