Start by marking “Beware Beware (Juniper Song, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beware Beware (Juniper Song, #2)

Beware Beware (Juniper Song #2)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  172 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Juniper Song—an unforgettable new crime heroine hailed as “young, sharp, and worldly-wise” by New York Times bestselling author Meg Gardiner—returns in this smart, fast-paced follow-up to Steph Cha’s critically acclaimed debut Follow Her Home.

Working as an apprentice at a P.I. firm, Juniper Song finds herself nose deep in a Hollywood murder scandal where the lies may be mo
Published August 12th 2014 by Minotaur Books (first published May 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Beware Beware, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beware Beware

Steph
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
IT'S ALIVE.
Jim
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Steph Cha is many things: lawyer, lover of Basset hounds, author of more than 2,000 Yelp reviews and the creator of the Juniper Song series of detective novels.

Much like her fictional forebear, Philip Marlowe, Song drinks heavily, smokes like a chimney and calls Los Angeles home. Unlike Raymond Chandler’s famous private investigator, Song is young, female and Korean-American. In other words, she’s not like Marlowe at all.

In Beware Beware, the second installment in the mystery series, Song is hi
Donna Davis
Book review Beware Beware by Steph Cha
Steph Cha’s new thriller, Beware Beware, starts out like a sassy beach read and ends with muscle and authority. It’s gritty, urban,edgy, and ultimately deals with a burning real life issue in a way that is not preachy, but instead is integral to the plot. Her character development and pacing are handled as expertly as a champion driver at the Indy 500. Buckle up and be ready!

Great thanks go to the publisher and Net Galley for letting me sneak a peek ahead of
Matt Lewis
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
An excellent approach to contemporary noir. Despite being the second of a trilogy, 'Beware Beware' is forgiving enough to stand on its own. The characters, particularly the protagonist Juniper Song, are fleshed out and complicated, without being too frustratingly broody to relate to (an unfortunate curse among the genre). The author paints the landscape as LA as it is rather than what it was; it doesn't cling to the old glamour of it, but pays homage when its appropriate. One weird thing that my ...more
Jim
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Natalie
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just as heartbreaking and complicated and all-around noirishly excellent as the first! Also, I loved the further character development of all of the awesome ladies, and everything about the life Song has built for herself since the end of the first book rang true and made me so happy.

However, the writing in this one was not quite as delightfully vivid--it seemed much more straightforward. I'm not sure whether that was a character choice, since Juniper Song has been through a lot since the beginn
Emily Skelton
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I picked this book up off the library shelf pretty randomly, really because it was marked mystery and I was craving one. I truly enjoyed the writing style of Steph Cha, and the twists of this book. I won't reveal any spoilers but I couldn't put it down because I was very surprised every few pages. I definitely think that good mystery books should be that way.
Emily
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, crime
An intense, feminist PI novel. Serious Hollywood/LA gossip cred, a rich and complicated protagonist, and a truly talented writer. Onward to Book 3!
Chuck Herrera
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed "Beware Beware," Book #2 of the Juniper Song series. Twist ending that I didn't see coming - Looking forward to Book #3 of the series, "Dead Soon Enough."
Julia
Sep 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: myst-thrill
The writing and structure is better than the last but the plot is equally implausible. Still like it just because I miss LA.
  • Blood Hina (Mas Arai, #4)
  • The Devil's Evidence (Thomas Fool #2)
  • Out of the Blues (Detective Sarah Alt, #1)
  • The Terranauts
  • Southland
  • Inner City Blues (Charlotte Justice, #1)
  • The Plague of Thieves Affair (Carpenter and Quincannon, #4)
  • The Eight Limbs of Yoga: A Handbook for Living Yoga Philosophy
  • Shards: A Young Vice Cop Investigates Her Darkest Case of Meth Addiction—Her Own
  • Death Money (A Detective Jack Yu Investigation #4)
  • Murder on the Champ de Mars (Aimee Leduc Investigations #15)
  • Eye of Vengeance
  • Against a Brightening Sky (Delia Martin, #3)
  • Bright, Precious Days
  • Fatal Enquiry (Barker & Llewelyn, #6)
  • Yesterday's Echo (Rick Cahill, #1)
  • The Witch Hunter's Tale (Midwife Mysteries, #3)
  • Skies of Ash(Detective Elouise Norton #2)

Juniper Song (3 books)
  • Follow Her Home (Juniper Song, #1)
  • Dead Soon Enough (Juniper Song, #3)