Start by marking “Floral Knits: 25 Contemporary Flower-Inspired Designs” as Want to Read:
Floral Knits: 25 Contemporary Flower-Inspired Designs

Floral Knits: 25 Contemporary Flower-Inspired Designs

Inspired by lush garden flowers here are 25 gorgeous knitted garments and accessories from top Rowan designer Martin Storey. The projects offer a mix of designs, some with applied flowers and others with floral designs knitted into them, others with the designs embroidered on top. The wearables range from sweaters, boleros and shrugs to scarves, bags, and berets. There is ...more
Published May 6th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

Carol
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Floral Knits: 25 Contemporary Flower-Inspired Designs by Martin Story is filled with beautiful color photos of a variety of knitting projects. I have bought knitting project books before so I am very familiar with them. Usually, I use them more for inspiration than for duplicating what is in the book.

The projects range in difficulty from floral designs on sweaters and pretty blossoms on socks to the much easier to coasters and table runners. The instructions are clear and easy to understand. Th
Catherine
Jun 16, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is lovely to look at. There are plenty of ideas for those looking to make floral knits.
Ronnie
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: knitters
First, I should disclose that I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Secondly, I should tell you that this book is a WOW! I have been a big fan of Martin Storey on Ravelry for quite a while, and have admired many of his patterns listed there. In fact, reading Martin's biography on Ravelry is what made me want to win this book!

The first thing you note about this book is the cleverness and originality of the designs themselves. They are contemporary (without being over-the-top
Tracy
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book for the experienced knitter. Pictures are beautiful, instructions are clear, and most important the instructions are in the SAME FONT and spacing as the rest of the book. No squinting or magnifying glass needed. So happy I entered the Goodreads contest.
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Goodreads for my first Reads win. Fun book. Love the photos. Instructions are great! If you like doing projects to give as gifts or for yourself this is the book for you.
Racheal
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads-arc
Floral Knits includes beautiful pictures and easy to follow instructions. I would love to make a floral throw blanket like the one pictured in the book.
Sara
Jul 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: at-library
I like flowers, I really do - but these, not so much. Don't see a thing that I'd knot here.
Kris
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book would make a great gift. The ideas are fun, the instructions are clear, and the photos are vibrant.
Elizabeth
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this book through a giveaway on Goodreads. Lots of great ideas for using flowers as part of a knitting project as well as pieces that can be made separately and then attached to something.
Mercedes
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I like all things I see to do in this book but I really wanted it for my daughter who knits and crochets and she gives it a "thumbs up".
Paula
Jul 29, 2014
Heywu
Feb 17, 2015
Bkophile
rated it did not like it
Jul 18, 2014
Beth
Jun 28, 2014
Ligaya
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book is beautifully photographed, smartly organized, and has clear knitting directions, although some garments could use photos that show their back. All the designs are shown at the very beginning of the book. Several pattern designs are reused in different garments or accessories, so, for instance, you can have a sweater that matches your socks that matches your fingerless gloves! The garments look very professional - the author is a long-time designer for Rowan Yarn. The pattern directio ...more
Cheryl
Towandajane
Bettye Short

• Stitch-opedia: The Only Embroidery Reference You'll Ever Need
  • 750 Knitting Stitches: The Ultimate Knit Stitch Bible
  • 100 Colorful Ripple Stitches to Crochet: A Feast of Eye-Popping Colorways for Blankets, Throws and Accessories
  • First Time Knitting: Step-by-Step Basics and Easy Projects
  • Momentum (Le Garde #2)
  • Real Men Wear Beige : One man's jailhouse journey through the chaotic realm of concrete and steel
  • Knitting Beyond the Edge: Cuffs and Collars*Necklines*Hems*Closures - The Essential Collection of Decorative Finishes
  • Learn to Draw Zoo Animals: Step-by-step instructions for more than 25 zoo animals
  • Assassin's Creed: The Official Coloring Book
  • Do NOT Turn This Page (Impossibly Impertinent Pages, #1)
  • The Jewelry Maker's Design Book: An Alchemy of Objects
  • All Things Paper: 20 Unique Projects from Leading Paper Crafters, Artists, and Designers
  • Draw 500 Everyday Things: A Sketchbook for Artists, Designers, and Doodlers
  • Cleaning Plain  Simple: A Ready Reference Guide with Hundreds of Sparkling Solutions to Your Everyday Cleaning Challenges
  • 10 Secrets of the Laidback Knitters: A Guide to Holistic Knitting, Yarn, and Life
  • Lighting the Fires of Freedom: African American Women in the Civil Rights Movement
  • Comic Coloring Book: I Love Onomatopoeia!
  • Adult Coloring Book Horror Hotel