Start by marking “Loom Knitting Afghans: 20 Simple & Snuggly No-Needle Designs for All Loom Knitters” as Want to Read:

If you have struggled to knit with needles, loom knitting is an easy craft to master. From snuggly blankets for your loved ones to stylish throws for your sofa, this book can help you knit unique designs to decorate your home and keep you cozy and warm.

Part of the popular Loom Knitting series, this comprehensive book reveals everything you need to know to create and custom
Published May 6th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Loom Knitting Afghans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loom Knitting Afghans

BBMoreB ~
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was very excited to receive this book.

This book has some great inspirational patterns within it's covers.

My projects so far:
The Stroller Stripes Blanket (pgs 82-83) - I made it in Purple & Green since my stubborn friend refused to reveal the baby's gender.

The Braid Circular Lapghan (pgs 104-105) - I modified this pattern to create a shawl. I simply left out 3 wedges and added 5 funky buttons.

Sampler Block Bedspread (pgs 116-121) - This is a work in progress. I am using leftover/scrap y
Karen Klein
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book today from the publisher in exchange for an honest review!! I went through this book as soon as I got it and am so very excited to get started making some of these projects! There are resources which have websites in the back of the book, where you can go and watch tutorial videos on different looms, stitches and projects. I think that I am going to like this much better than regular knitting! :) THANK YOU!!

UPDATE: I was so excited after looking through this book, that I bou
Denoramae
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a contest on Goodreads. I highly recommend it to anyone that has some experience with the loom in knitting. It is full of colorful and incredible designs that stagger me to think they can be done of the simple loom that looks more like a toy than a useful tool in the craft aisle. I know many people turn up their noses at the loom, as another gimmicky thing in the craft line but my mother used a very similar thing 60 years ago in a VA hospital as part of a therapy program for t ...more
Emily
Aug 14, 2014 rated it liked it
This book has beautiful colour photos of finished projects and it's best suited for intermediate or advanced loomers.

It's described as being suitable for both beginners and experienced loomers, but as a complete novice, I find the introduction and explanations too vague and bewildering. At least two different types of looms are used. Many other equipment seems to be necessary to get started (that said, Phelps does give tips on DIY equipment such as making your own yarn guides). I'd hoped that t
Tiffany
I received this book through a Goodreads Giveaway in exchange for my honest review.

Quite honestly, I was under the impression that this book was meant for all skill levels including beginners. Although it does give step by step instructions for all projects in the book, I would recommend beginners take a knitting class before attempting to follow along with this book as it just left me frustrated.

That being said, I believe once I follow my own advice, I will enjoy the book much more. The project
Linda
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won this book through a Goodreads give away. The instructions and illustrations are detailed and seem easy to understand. This is a new craft for me so I appreciate the quick reference guide to looms, the yarn 101 refresher and most important the page on fixing mistakes. The book more than meets my expectations and I can't wait to buy my first loom.
Laurie Kelley
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from good reads. It is a very pretty, nicely illustrated book. It gives good instructions for knitting afghans using a loom. I am looking forward to making some of these projects as soon as I get a loom. I would recommend this book to anyone looking to try a new craft or a new spin on an old craft.It would also make a good coffee table book.
Darlene
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful colored pictures of examples and simple step instructions- ALL in color. I absolutely love this book and will be referring to it a lot for current/future projects. Simply amazing and gorgeous!
Merry
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just received this book in the mail, I can't wait to try loom knitting it has clear instructions and is easy to understand. I have always knitted and crocheted this is something new for me. thank you.
Pam Fortenberry-Sims
Sep 17, 2016
Darlene Hryn
Aug 23, 2019
GIVEAWAY PROMOTION 3 4 Jul 13, 2014 04:18AM

• Steampunk Style Jewelry: Victorian, Fantasy, and Mechanical Necklaces, Bracelets, and Earrings
  • Steampunkery: Polymer Clay and Mixed Media Projects
  • Re-Bound: Creating Handmade Books from Recycled and Repurposed Materials
  • The Art of Zentangle: 50 inspiring drawings, designs & ideas for the meditative artist
  • 1,000 Steampunk Creations: Neo-Victorian Fashion, Gear, and Art
  • Zentangle Basics: A Creative Art Form Where All You Need is Paper, Pencil & Pen
  • Domiknitrix: Whip Your Knitting Into Shape
  • Double Danger (A-Tac, #6)
  • Selections from One Thousand Gifts: Finding Joy in What Really Matters
  • Wear This, Toss That!: Hundreds of Fashion and Beauty Swaps That Save Your Looks, Save Your Budget & Save You Time
  • The Adventure of Bob Wire in Oklahoma
  • Stitched in Time: Memory-Keeping Projects to Sew and Share from the Creator of Posie Gets Cozy
  • A Parent's Guide to High-Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder: How to Meet the Challenges and Help Your Child Thrive
  • The Crafter's Guide to Taking Great Photos: The Best Techniques for Showcasing Your Handmade Creations
  • The Weaver's Idea Book: Creative Cloth on a Rigid Heddle Loom
  • How to Show & Sell Your Crafts: Great Ways to Promote and Organize Your Craft Spaces in the Marketplace, Online, and at Home
  • Sew Darn Cute: 30 Sweet & Simple Projects to Sew & Embellish
  • Love Me, Cowboy: The Copper Mountain Rodeo Anthology (Copper Mountain Rodeo, #1-4)