Start by marking “Always You (Love Hurts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Always You (Love Hurts, #1)

Always You

(Love Hurts #1)

I was thrilled when I was offered a graduate teaching position at the prestigious Tennerson Girls Academy. At twenty-three, this would be my first ‘real’ teaching assignment. Working at the elite boarding school, home to the daughters of some of the wealthiest people in the world, was a great opportunity that I would’ve been stupid to pass up.

One week into my new job, and
Published December 19th 2013 (first published December 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Always You, please sign up.

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

4 Sweetly Romantic Stars!

Always You is a story about acceptance and love in the guise of a teacher student romance. It's a quietly romantic book about two people who are so alike and so compatible if it wasn't for the fact that Dalton is Wrenn's teacher. Personally I don't think that the student teacher relationship was the focus of this story it was more of an obstacle. The characters new they shouldn't be together, they weren't together because of the thrill it gave them.

Unlike most stories in
Debra

3.5 STARS.

There's just something about a student-teacher romance story. When they're done right, they can be really good and fun to read. When they're done in a bad way, they can become predictable and clichéd very easily. Always You was a perfect example of the first category. It was a sweet, lighthearted story with lots of romance and very little angst.

Eighteen year old Wrenn hasn't had an easy life. Just a year ago her parents and brother were killed in a car accident. With no other fami
Patrycja

Release Date: December 19th, 2013
Rating: 2.5
Cliffhanger: No.
HEA: (view spoiler)

The start was very good, I instantly liked the characters and was impatiently waiting for development. I was engrossed in the things that were happening and I could empathize with Wrenn, that lost her family in an accident. It seems very fascinating to me that though this novel contained many of the elements that would make me love it, I can’t
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-for-review

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC from Missy for this book.

This is more of a YA book I would say as there isn’t a lot of ‘smut in it’
But that’s not necessary a bad thing!

Wrenn is an 18year old girl in an all-girls school. A school for rich snobbish girls.
Does she want to be there? NO! but she doesn’t have a choice.
Infact most of her choices were taken away from her when her parents and brother passed away in an accident.

Now Wrenn is living with her aunt who is the headmistress of the school.
L
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

Always You was an interesting read. I was glued to this book as I wanted to find out what Dalton was hiding. The story was kinda draggy where there were scenes that I really didn't feel attached too.

photo oh-my-god1.gif

Dalton is the new teacher in Wrenn's school. Yup, this is a story of student-teacher relationship. I had Ezra and Aria in mind when reading this book. *guilty* I am fan of Pretty Little Liars.

photo Ezra-Aria-ezra-and-aria-15494339-500-562.jpg

Dalton and Wrenn get closer day by day. They try to resist but Wrenn gives in and the rest is history. Th
Maayan
I Fell in love with this book and the love story between Dalton & Wrenn ! This story is so much more than a forbidden love between a teacher and his student. They were dealing with a heavy subject, that I think the author dealt with realistically and correctly.

I loved the characters. I think Wrenn was childish sometimes, and Dalton made some wrong choices. But other than that they were very realistic and I connected with them.

My Dalton

My Wrenn

Wrenn's life is not easy. She lost her entire f
Deserie williams
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Contains spoilers!!!!

I really enjoyed this read! At times this was heartbreaking but yet beautiful. They both been through alot and deal with a heavy topic. It was filled with loss, hope, love and new beginnings! Dalton and Wrenn were perfect together. At times Wrenn was a bit childish and Dalton could have made better choices but for me it was all very realistic and made this even better.This was so much more than a teacher student read!I only wish the epilogue was a bit different .But as stron
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review.

4 Beautiful Always Stars

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”~ Henry Stanley Haskins

0a651d0648ee0a322cf49293202ef588

Always You by Missy Johnson is one those sweet emotional romantic books that leaves readers to believe in the powers of LOVE. This book goes beyond the typical standard of student/teacher forbidden romance since it went in depth with the emotional connection of two individuals who found friendship, so
Brenna
Dec 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Always You had my attention as soon as I heard “student teacher romance.” While it might not have been what I was expecting, it was a short, cute read.

After a horrific accident claimed the lives of her parents and brother, Wrenn is sent away to live with her aunt who is head mistress at an all girls academy. The girls are rich and bitchy and Wrenn couldn’t be more miserable.
Prep school was like my worst nightmare come true. When the thought ‘I wish I died along with the rest of my family’ cross
Silvana
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest opinion***

2 Stars

This really wasn't my cup of tea! It had so much potential to be a great book yet it wasn't. I greatly enjoyed the start and the premise of the book, I mean an all girl's school and a hot young teacher!! However nothing much seemed to happen! The plot development was thin and I just did not feel the chemistry between Wrenn and Dalton. The sex scenes did not deliver for me, there was more sweet than sexy which many would love.

For a story
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
2 stars

I was expecting an angsty student teacher romance. What I got was a sweet couple with a secretive illness.

The basis for the storyline was good, but when I think about everything I like in a book: Likeable characters? No. Great writing? No. Good banter? Nope. Steamy? Not even close. Would I recommend this? Definitely no.

It was fast paced and stress-free. The story made you want to know how it all plays out. But other than that, nothing special in my opinion.
Sarah Darlington
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
4.5 Stars

So was this the best book ever? No, but I did have trouble putting it down. Who doesn't love a high school senior falling for her hot older (freshly out of college) teacher?!? So hot!! And I adore that cover :)

It had a nice mix of cute moments and steamy moments. It also had some funny scenes--like the lesbian best friend and some heart-wrenching scenes like the ending. I got my HEA tho so I'm happy.

My biggest complaint was probably the language. I actually enjoy language in books when
Jenn

This book reminds me of the first season of Pretty Little Liars.

Dalton Reid: is a 23-year-old, college graduate, newly appointed teacher in an all girls school, loves horror flicks and has a deadly secret.

Wrenn: is 18-years-old, repeating her senior year of high school, and crushing big time on her new teacher. She LOVES horror flicks and lives with her Aunt and Uncle after her family was killed in an accident.

FATE. It has brought them together not once, but twice in one lifetime. Now it's u
Harini Nayak
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Eh , I DNF at 80% . I just can't take this anymore and I don't even have the energy to write up a rant . It took me three boring months to get to 80 % ( Yes , it was that boring ) and I can't waste more of my book-time on this thing . Good luck to anyone who picks this book !

Blog Twitter Instagram Facebook
Arlene
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Liked it much! Heartfelt story with perfect characters that were easy to fall for.

After a tragic accident that leads Wrenn to live with her aunt, the headmistress of Tennerson Girls Academy, she’s forced to adjust to a completely new life style, make new friends, and hope to survive a semester at the academy. Entering as a senior with only eight weeks of course work left before starting college, the girls at Tennerson find every opportunity to make Wrenn’s transition a difficult one. She’s kept
Vanessa
2.5 Sweet Love Stars

Very cute love story with a powerful message.

photo Teaser3_zps089402d7.jpg

I didn't love this one as much as I hoped I would, but I did like it and I would recommend it to others. I have thought long and hard about the rating I thought would be best and have finally decided that 2.5 is the most fitting for me.

Before I begin, you need to know that my ABSOLUTE favorite area of romance is teacher/student forbidden love. So, the bar is pretty high for me! Ok, let's proceed. While I did like this book,
Lindsay
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have to say that this book was one I was really looking forward to. I've only read one other book with a student/teacher relationship(Unteachable), and while it was good, it was also kind of dark and heavy. But this book was just the right about of serious and lightness. There was still a lot going on.

Both Wrenn and Dalton had been through a lot in their lives. Both were trying to move on, but they were just existing. It wasn't until they came into each others lives that they started living a
seton
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: na-ya, d-n-f
Needs to be proofread. By a professional and not a fangurl volunteer, that is.
I might have been willing to overlooks all the mistakes, if the author voice was engaging enough, but I found it amateurish and unbelievable, at times laughable. Hard to believe that this is not a first novel but it's her 7th, I believe.

Sensuality: PG-13
Belle Aurora
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 emotional stars!

Review to come...
Shambhawi P.
Shelves: arc
Of all the teacher-student romance novels I've read the two books that have stood out for me are Slammed and Unteachable. Funny, really, because while the first one is more about cute puppy love between two barely-adults thrown in a situation out of their control the second one focuses mostly on the intense and taboo aspects of such relationships. In the first book their positions is one of the problems to overcome in a relationship, in the second it is one of the driving factors in work.

In this
♡Karlyn P♡
Recommended to ♡Karlyn P♡ by: missy johnson

Oh, the angst of forbidden love!

3.5 stars. ALWAYS YOU was a solid NA romance between an 18 y/o high school student and a handsome 23 y/o substitute teacher. I really liked the main characters of Wrenn and Dalton, and their story kept me captivated from beginning to end. It was a nice mix of light romantic fun, some hot steamy moments, and then some deeply emotional angst.

I should mention that I normally prefer romance books with older heroes and heroines, and so I typically shy away from readi
Patti Jean
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy-johnson
***I was given this Arc in exchange for an honest review***

Okay so I have read a ton of books by many authors over the years. Finding my favorites seemed to be making a very long list. My newest add would have to be Always You.

I have been a fan of Missy Johnson from the very beginning. She has a unique writing style and I love it. This book though definitely sets her over the edge for me though. Don't get me wrong I loved her other books, but this one...This one is just moon and stars above her
-Deena-
Oct 26, 2013 marked it as to-read
A new teacher-student!!!! Ahhhh!!!!!!
Melissa
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Wrenn and Dalton's story was so sweet.Missy never seems to disappoint.I read this non stop because I just couldn't put it down.
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Dec 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! This book was amazing!! I have read a lot of books this year and this one is now one of my favorites. Always You is Wrenn and Dalton's story. It is told through both Wrenn and Dalton's POV. Wrenn has been through a lot in her life. When she meets Dalton she is living with her Aunt and is an eighteen year high school senior at Tennerson Girls Academy. Dalton is a twenty three year old recent college graduate. Dalton is Wrenn's temporary History teacher.

Wrenn and Dalton try fighting their fe
Brooke Cumberland
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone that loves a teacher/student romance
Shelves: arcs
I demand more!!!

This pleasantly surprised me! I love me a good teacher/student relationship, but this was much more than sex. It was emotional. They definitely had the physical attraction and body craves, but this was so much more than that. It was about learning to live - live for today - live for the ones you love. Dalton is young, attractive, and stuck right in the middle of an all-girls school - filled with hormonal teenagers.
Wrenn has been through a lot in her 18 years - having no family,
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it

I love a good student-teacher romance! While this is a well written story, it just wasn't hot enough for me.

I didn't fall in love with Dalton's character, but he does have his moments.

I liked Wrenn, I feel for her, and I loved that she fought and never gave up on Dalton. Yes, though it sounded like she had selfish thoughts, I think that just makes her more realistic.

As for the romance factor, I liked that Wrenn and Dalton's feelings developed gradually. As for the sex, not so much.

Th
Amy Queau
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've read most of Missy Johnson's books, and I admit, I like her softer more feelgood romances the most.
In this book, we meet Wrenn, who lost her family to a horrific accident a year earlier, causing her to move in with her aunt - the headmistress at a prestigious prep school.
Putting aside the traumatic loss of her family, Wrenn has a promising future. She's smart, mature, and studious.
When Dalton Reid enters the scene - as her new substitute teacher - there's an instant connection between the t
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

Ok, So maybe it's just me however the ending sucked big time for me.. I loved the whole forbidden feel and then finally you think it's going somewhere and BAM!

Is there a second book coming out, or another epilogue?

Cori
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 I have no idea what compelled me to finish this book stars. :/

• Almost Eighteen (Wilson Mooney #1)
  • Broken Ever After (Ever After, #1)
  • The Apple Tree
  • Better (Too Good, #2)
  • Stealing Promises
  • The Low Notes (Wexley Falls, #1)
  • Entwine
  • Hopeless For You
  • Nocturne
  • Ruby in the Dust
  • The Weight of Words (Words, #1)
  • This Love (University of Branton, #1)
  • Dare to Breathe
  • Juvenile
  • Vendetta
  • Emeralds And Pearls (Semi-Precious Series, #1)
  • Knowing Jack
  • Sweetest Taboo
Missy lives in a small town in Central Victoria with her husband, and her confused pets (a dog who think she's a cat, a cat who thinks he's a dog...you get the picture).

When she's not writing, she can usually be found looking for something to read.

Love Hurts (5 books)
  • Out of Reach (Love Hurts, #2)
  • Words Left Unsaid (Love Hurts, #3)
  • Don't Hold Back (Love Hurts, #4)
  • Fade to Black (Love Hurts #5)
“I can't do this, Wrenn. I can't just wait to die."

"Then don't. Live because you can... Live because you love me, and I can't stand the thought of losing you yet.”
9 likes
“You can't live life waiting for things to go wrong, because then you're not really living. Everyone is going to die. That is part of the journey of living. What matters most is living each day you do have like it might be yout last.” 5 likes