Start by marking “The 39-Storey Treehouse” as Want to Read:
The 39-Storey Treehouse

The 39-Storey Treehouse

(Treehouse #3)

The third instalment in Andy and Terry’s amazing (and award-winning) ever-growing treehouse!

Andy and Terry’s amazing treehouse has 13 new levels including a chocolate waterfall, a non-erupting active volcano, an opera house, a baby-dinosaur petting zoo, Andy and Terry’s Believe it or Else! museum, a not-very-merry merry-go-round, a boxing elephant called the Trunkinator, a
Published September 1st 2013 by Pan MacMillan Australia

To ask other readers questions about The 39-Storey Treehouse, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Cain G Yah his horrible drawing of a cat Andy can't count

Thomas
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the best book in these series so far with an added crazy chainsaw level and a giant shark tank. I cant wait to read the next instalment of fun in the treehouse!
Astrid Langeveld
Ik vond dit deel minder dan de andere twee delen. Mijn twee kinderen vinden alle delen even leuk, dus voor de doelgroep zijn de boeken zeker geslaagd!
 Creative Kids Tales
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Andy and Terry have added another 13 storey’s to their already fantastical tree house. Readers can expect loads more absurd antics and fun filled adventures and the 39th floor doesn’t disappoint.

When Terry reveals possibly the best invention in the history of the universe, Andy is of course completely baffled as to what it is. Terry answers, ‘It’s a once upon a time machine, of course.’

A machine capable of writing an entire book, with absolutely no effort on Andy and Terry’s part. It had nobs an
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun "before bed" read with my two kids. They sometimes would moan and groan when it was time to read, but as I turned the pages and began to read aloud, they snuggled in closer and begged for "just one more chapter" at every reading session. We would start and stop, and sometimes life would get in the way, but we always made our way back to our reading time together. There is nothing more satisfying than sharing a love for the written word...and a few giggles too! On to the next book in the se ...more
Lyn Battersby
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: awards
Lyn is a judge for the Aurealis Awards. Any reviews and ratings made by Lyn do not reflect the opinions of the Aurealis Awards Panel or the management committee.

I shall be rating this work once the awards are announced.
Rick Silva
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This starts out similarly to the first book in the series, with a tour of all the latest additions to the Treehouse (World's Scariest Roller Coaster! Baby Dinosaur Petting Zoo!), followed by Andy and Terry facing another deadline for their next book from their publisher Mr. Big Nose, and the inevitable attempt to get our of actually putting in the work needed to finish the book.

In this case the scheme involves building a machine called the Once-Upon-A-Time-Machine to write the story for them. Bu
Cassin24
This book was okay but it is about, Two boys one named Andy and they other Terry and they are best friends and they live in this huge treehouse together! Anyway, they write the book throughout the book and Terry makes this invention one day because He is tired of writting the whole books so He makes this really good invetion but all of a sudden on day something terrible happens! This book is for people who like a funny, fiction story!
TheBookWorm🐛 🐛
Belinda
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 sterren - Nederlandse paperback - ik heb dyslexie - gekregen voor het kinderzwerfboek. 🚗🚙🚒
Asal Karimi
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
عالی
Beau Maton
Ik kan mij heel goed voorstellen dat kinderen van deze leesboeken houden. Kijk voor mijn review op: https://jufbeau.com/2018/05/03/de-waa...
Arnaud
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked the jet chairs
Mary Edi
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
بعد از مطالعه دو جلد، جذابیت کتاب کم میشود
Nasser
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"نوشتن کتاب های بلند بیشتر از کتاب های کوتاه زمان می برد که به اندازه نوشتن یک کتاب بلند طول نمی کشند ."
=)
Rebekah
A super fast, funny read. I read it in about and hour 1/2, and I am a slow reader.
I started reading it to my children, since I thought they might like it. My 9 yr old took it and finished it themselves before going to sleep. They told me how awesome, and funny the book was, and "I have to read it mom."
It is a funny book, I laughed almost all the way through.
Andy and Terry are two friends living in a tree house and have made some really cool areas; baby dino petting zoo, netless trampoline, rol
Sarah Stevens
Ugh. Imagine a group of fifth graders doodling in a notebook about a cool treehouse with everything conceivable and then playing a 'finish this sentence' game to come up with the plot. You would have this book.

And honestly, that probably works for their intended audience. My kids like it. And maybe it helps them unleash their creativity ... or something. I don't even know. I just felt like my brain was simultaneously turning into mush and bouncing around like a hyper kid on candy. Like I was wa
Leo
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the most awesome treehouse book yet! :-) They added a bunch more stuff that's awesome sauce! If you want to see what stuff there is that is awesome sauce, go buy the book or get it from your local public library for free! (Trust me it's worth it.)
Margaux
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
So my 8-year-old niece is reading this book and while she was out I borrowed it. What a great kids' book!
Australian_book_worm
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book . I found it really enjoyable
xXStuartDaAmazingXx
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of my friend MADE me read it, but the thing is, its amazing
Katy Noyes
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Totally trippy, sequel in a series that young readers will either take to or find annoying.

It's not my cup of tea, but I'm not a primary school reader, so I don't think I should take that into consideration. It's my son's third in this series in a month. We audioread this and the first, and he read through the second himself (after lights were turned out at bedtimes!).

It's pretty crazy stuff, my husband heard bits of it and thought it nuts. Andy and Terry have now added yet more levels to their
Heather Shembarger
This book is #3 in a series. I actually have not read book 1 or 2 because they were checked out. I did not seem to have any problem picking up this book right where it takes off from--it does not appear that it is all that important to have read the books in order. This is just a fun, quick read even though it is 344 pages. There are a lot of illustrations that are cleverly and humorously done and are fun to explore as well. The story is in a first person point of view told through Andy's eyes. ...more
Andy
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, illustrated, jacob
I've already forgotten what this one was about. To be honest, my reviews of previous entries sum it up. My son enjoys them a lot. I have mixed feelings.

Oh, wait, that's it - Prof Stupido and his un-inventing antics. It was an amusing concept (I'm struggling to recall but I think it was Neil Gaiman who also had a story in his last short story collection about an un-inventor) and it all gets a bit metaphysical near the end. I'm not sure I have much else to add. We've almost finished the next one a
Evan Micheals
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Jill is the most absent from this book as Andy and Terry continue there adventures in absurdism, and a final battle of "wits" with Professor Stupidio. I recognise some hints at "moral's of a story", which Terry hates so much... and a thumbing of the nose at conventional society.

Melanie was always pleased to have another chapter read to her for her bed time story. It has become our bonding routine of an evening. I will keep feeding her this entry level drug towards a love of books and reading.
Caroline
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-to-kids
Even though the children enjoyed this a lot, I would much rather spend the precious moments of reading to them with a book we can all get into, with a proper story and charater development, one that leaves us talking about it afterwards. This was not that kind of book. This book reads like it assumes children dont like reading, which is strange to me. But again, the kids loved it so theyll probably continue the series by themselves. No more for me though! ...more
Imogene
So, if you invented a writing machine to write your book for you, only it decided that it could write it better than you could, so you had to go and find the world’s best un-inventor who was living on the moon and you brought him home only he un-invented marshmallows amongst other things, then you’d need a nice quiet and calm book to read.

But not this one
Caleb
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caleb Haske (age 6): "Andy and Terry (who you might remember from my last review) have a new secret floor in their treehouse. When that secret thing was finished being built, the adventure began. I want to leave all of the other details until you read the book. But I want to tell you one more thing. This story has plot ups and downs.
Dan J
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting book. My favourite character was Terry because Terry has really stupid thoughts like when he put his underpants in the shark tank in the 23- story tree house etc. I think it has a lot of humour, facts. I gave it a 4 star because it is a good book but it is not the best book that I have read.
Paul Black
This really is for younger folk. Mostly a picture/comic book with plenty of captions and many, many silly goings-on. I usually don't mind youth novels, but this one was too simple for my grown-up interests.
  • WeirDo (WeirDo #1)
  • Thai-Riffic!
  • I'm a Dirty Dinosaur
  • The Bugalugs Bum Thief
  • Imagine
  • White Crane (Samurai Kids, #1)
  • The Short Giraffe
  • A Boy and A Bear in a Boat
  • Ride, Fly Guy, Ride! (Fly Guy, #11)
  • The River Charm
  • The Silver Button
  • The Man Whose Mother Was a Pirate
Andy Griffiths is Australia’s most popular children’s writer. He is the author of over 20 books, including nonsense verse, short stories, comic novels and plays. Over the past 15 years Andy’s books have been New York Times bestsellers, won over 50 children’s choice awards, been adapted as a television cartoon series and sold over 5 million copies worldwide.

Andy is best known as the author of the

Treehouse (7 books)
  • The 13-Storey Treehouse
  • The 26-Storey Treehouse
  • The 52-Storey Treehouse
  • The 65-Storey Treehouse
  • The 78-Storey Treehouse (The Treehouse Series)
  • The 91-Storey Treehouse (The Treehouse Series)