Start by marking “The 39-Storey Treehouse” as Want to Read:
The 39-Storey Treehouse

The 39-Storey Treehouse

(Treehouse #3)

Bienvenue dans la cabane d'Andy et de Terry !
Le bassin de requins mangeurs d'hommes, le bowling et la machine qui t'envoie un chamallow dans la bouche, sont toujours là. Mais la cabane s'est encore agrandie. Dans les nouveaux étages, il y a un trampoline, une fontaine à chocolat, une maison de l'horreur, des montagnes russes, et même un éléphant boxeur...
Pas facile de trav
Published September 1st 2013 by Pan MacMillan Australia

Start your review of The 39-Storey Treehouse
Thomas
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the best book in these series so far with an added crazy chainsaw level and a giant shark tank. I cant wait to read the next instalment of fun in the treehouse!
AMY
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Grades 4-5
346 pages. In this book, Andy and Terry have to battle a Once-Upon-A-Time machine that writes stories and has taken over the place. The enormous amount of additional characters that keep appearing are just hilarious. The drawings throughout keep me laughing. It is never boring in THIS treehouse. The author is very clever and keeps the action going along a fast-paced plot with lots of twists and turns. Kids will love this series. I cannot wait to read the next one. Maybe I will figure out why the ...more
 Creative Kids Tales
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Andy and Terry have added another 13 storey’s to their already fantastical tree house. Readers can expect loads more absurd antics and fun filled adventures and the 39th floor doesn’t disappoint.

When Terry reveals possibly the best invention in the history of the universe, Andy is of course completely baffled as to what it is. Terry answers, ‘It’s a once upon a time machine, of course.’

A machine capable of writing an entire book, with absolutely no effort on Andy and Terry’s part. It had nobs an
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun "before bed" read with my two kids. They sometimes would moan and groan when it was time to read, but as I turned the pages and began to read aloud, they snuggled in closer and begged for "just one more chapter" at every reading session. We would start and stop, and sometimes life would get in the way, but we always made our way back to our reading time together. There is nothing more satisfying than sharing a love for the written word...and a few giggles too! On to the next book in the se ...more
Lyn Battersby
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: awards
Lyn is a judge for the Aurealis Awards. Any reviews and ratings made by Lyn do not reflect the opinions of the Aurealis Awards Panel or the management committee.

I shall be rating this work once the awards are announced.
Rick Silva
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This starts out similarly to the first book in the series, with a tour of all the latest additions to the Treehouse (World's Scariest Roller Coaster! Baby Dinosaur Petting Zoo!), followed by Andy and Terry facing another deadline for their next book from their publisher Mr. Big Nose, and the inevitable attempt to get our of actually putting in the work needed to finish the book.

In this case the scheme involves building a machine called the Once-Upon-A-Time-Machine to write the story for them. Bu
Cassin24
This book was okay but it is about, Two boys one named Andy and they other Terry and they are best friends and they live in this huge treehouse together! Anyway, they write the book throughout the book and Terry makes this invention one day because He is tired of writting the whole books so He makes this really good invetion but all of a sudden on day something terrible happens! This book is for people who like a funny, fiction story!
William
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Andy and terry want a faster way to write their book when it locks them out of the treehouse! they have a sleepover at Jill’s house but the trouble was there too! 2 dogs, 1 goat, 3 horses, 4 goldfish, 1 cow, 2 guinea pigs, 1 camel, 1 donkey, 13 flying cats, and 36 rabbits. the place is overcroweded with animals, so Andy and terry decide to un-invent the once-upon-a-time machine! the trouble is, the only un-inventor I know is on the dark side of the moon. they draw a dot-to-dot rocket and get him ...more
TheBookWorm🐛 🐛
Harrison Saich
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A review by my 5 year old daughter, Zahra:

Even though Captain Stupido is horrible, this book is my favourite book. I love Jill. She’s my favourite character. I like the look of the new levels of the treehouse and I love Terry and Andy. I like the treehouse and its tree. It’s beautiful.
Sophie Crane
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would give it 5 stars

I liked it because it was funny but subtle !!!

I recommend it to 5 +

I loved this book and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did!
Sophie Reed
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: treehouse
I liked it when Professor Stupido uninvented the entire world then invented himself
Arnaud
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked the jet chairs
Rebekah
A super fast, funny read. I read it in about and hour 1/2, and I am a slow reader.
I started reading it to my children, since I thought they might like it. My 9 yr old took it and finished it themselves before going to sleep. They told me how awesome, and funny the book was, and "I have to read it mom."
It is a funny book, I laughed almost all the way through.
Andy and Terry are two friends living in a tree house and have made some really cool areas; baby dino petting zoo, netless trampoline, rol
Sarah Stevens
Ugh. Imagine a group of fifth graders doodling in a notebook about a cool treehouse with everything conceivable and then playing a 'finish this sentence' game to come up with the plot. You would have this book.

And honestly, that probably works for their intended audience. My kids like it. And maybe it helps them unleash their creativity ... or something. I don't even know. I just felt like my brain was simultaneously turning into mush and bouncing around like a hyper kid on candy. Like I was wa
Caroline
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-to-kids
Even though the children enjoyed this a lot, I would much rather spend the precious moments of reading to them with a book we can all get into, with a proper story and charater development, one that leaves us talking about it afterwards. This was not that kind of book. This book reads like it assumes children don´t like reading, which is strange to me. But again, the kids loved it so they´ll probably continue the series by themselves. No more for me though!
Leo
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the most awesome treehouse book yet! :-) They added a bunch more stuff that's awesome sauce! If you want to see what stuff there is that is awesome sauce, go buy the book or get it from your local public library for free! (Trust me it's worth it.)
Megan
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really liked it and it was very funny.
Dude18
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for the next one.
Margaux
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
So my 8-year-old niece is reading this book and while she was out I borrowed it. What a great kids' book!
Australian_book_worm
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book . I found it really enjoyable
xXStuartDaAmazingXx
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of my friend MADE me read it, but the thing is, its amazing
Katy Noyes
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Totally trippy, sequel in a series that young readers will either take to or find annoying.

It's not my cup of tea, but I'm not a primary school reader, so I don't think I should take that into consideration. It's my son's third in this series in a month. We audioread this and the first, and he read through the second himself (after lights were turned out at bedtimes!).

It's pretty crazy stuff, my husband heard bits of it and thought it nuts. Andy and Terry have now added yet more levels to their
Heather Shembarger
This book is #3 in a series. I actually have not read book 1 or 2 because they were checked out. I did not seem to have any problem picking up this book right where it takes off from--it does not appear that it is all that important to have read the books in order. This is just a fun, quick read even though it is 344 pages. There are a lot of illustrations that are cleverly and humorously done and are fun to explore as well. The story is in a first person point of view told through Andy's eyes. ...more
Edwin Rydberg
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
On one hand, some fun ideas presented in a kid-friendly book with lots of pictures. However, neither myself nor my 11-year old (who read it first) found it particularly entertaining. My biggest issue was that this 340+ page book could have been 120 pages and told the same story, there was that much padding. This includes poor running jokes that are repeated 3-4 times, each time taking multiple pages, a recap of the story in picture form that lasts 7 pages, frequent pages with 1-2 sentences with ...more
Lu Etchells
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I won't lie, I'm starting to find these books a little tedious; however, my nearly 8-year old daughter, who is reading them to me, is loving them!

They are great for wanting children to read (she's always been reluctant), they're challenging enough that it's not "easy" whilst also not being daunting. They're quick paced, silly, and there are enough very clever illustrations to keep everyone amused.

One thing I would say as a huge bonus, is the ideas in the story have led to many intense debates am
Andy
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: illustrated, 2017
I've already forgotten what this one was about. To be honest, my reviews of previous entries sum it up. My son enjoys them a lot. I have mixed feelings.

Oh, wait, that's it - Prof Stupido and his un-inventing antics. It was an amusing concept (I'm struggling to recall but I think it was Neil Gaiman who also had a story in his last short story collection about an un-inventor) and it all gets a bit metaphysical near the end. I'm not sure I have much else to add. We've almost finished the next one a
Evan Micheals
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Jill is the most absent from this book as Andy and Terry continue there adventures in absurdism, and a final battle of "wits" with Professor Stupidio. I recognise some hints at "moral's of a story", which Terry hates so much... and a thumbing of the nose at conventional society.

Melanie was always pleased to have another chapter read to her for her bed time story. It has become our bonding routine of an evening. I will keep feeding her this entry level drug towards a love of books and reading.
Ashley
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reading-with-bug
As with all other books in this series and currently published for this age group, there is an overuse of the word "stupid" and "idiot". Aside from the aforementioned, I enjoy the creativity and ease with which a young reader can engage with this series. It stretches the imagination and has interesting scenarios, in which my daughter found herself questioning the difference in good and not as good choices to make and how to execute a good plan. Overall, I quite enjoyed this series... it was defi ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• WeirDo (WeirDo #1)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 2: Mission Unpluckable
  • The World’s Worst Children
  • The World’s Worst Children 2
  • Real Pigeons Fight Crime (Book 1)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 7: Do-You-Think-He-Saurus?!
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 4: Attack of the Zittens
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 6: Alien vs Bad Guys
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 5: Intergalactic Gas
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 3: The Furball Strikes Back
  • Everything's Amazing [sort of] (Tom Gates, #3)
  • Super Weird! (WeirDo #4)
  • Hot Dog!
  • Dog Man: Fetch-22 (Dog Man, #8)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 1
  • Even Weirder! (WeirDo #2)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 9: The Big Bad Wolf
  • Dog Man: Lord of the Fleas (Dog Man, #5)
Andy Griffiths is Australia’s most popular children’s writer. He is the author of over 20 books, including nonsense verse, short stories, comic novels and plays. Over the past 15 years Andy’s books have been New York Times bestsellers, won over 50 children’s choice awards, been adapted as a television cartoon series and sold over 5 million copies worldwide.

Andy is best known as the author of the

Treehouse (10 books)
  • The 13-Storey Treehouse
  • The 26-Storey Treehouse
  • The 52-Storey Treehouse
  • The 65-Storey Treehouse
  • The 78-Storey Treehouse
  • The 91-Storey Treehouse
  • The 104-Story Treehouse: Dental Dramas & Jokes Galore!
  • The 117-Story Treehouse: Dots, Plots & Daring Escapes!
  • The 130-Story Treehouse