Start by marking “Always a Sinner (Brooklyn Sinners, #1.5)” as Want to Read:

Avril Ashton

Always a Sinner

(Brooklyn Sinners #1.5)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  492 ratings  ·  59 reviews
Gabe Ashby has given up much for love, but harbors no regrets. Moving in to a new home with his lover, Rafe Soto, the men couldn’t be more in love. Until a chance discovery puts a damper on their bliss.

ebook, Free read, 59 pages

To ask other readers questions about Always a Sinner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always a Sinner

really liked it 4.00  ·

Exina
2nd read: May 15, 2015

The events of this short story take place after Gabe and Angelo (now Rafe) move in their dream house in North Carolina and before the epilogue of Love the Sinner.

It’s about mistakes, forgiveness, and everything between. It highlights two serious arguments between Gabe and Rafe.

“Love isn’t enough, not if you can turn tail and run so quickly. So easily. Our love maybe it’s not what we thought it to be.”

They make mistakes, throw tantrums, and handle problems in an immature
Lorraine Lesar
Sep 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Recipe for this book -
1 cup of cluster
2 cups of fuck.
And Gabe fucked up....big time.
This little quickie had more drama than a bus load of drag queens going to a wig sale 😉.
Still in shock of Gabe, so going with 3*
Tully Vincent
Nov 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Gabe, Gabe, Gabe. . . *shaking head*
(view spoiler)

This is pure angst and drama. Tears galore. Raw, emotional, somewhat crazy (drawing guns, punching, drinking). And it all could've been avoided had the jackass just opened his mouth and talked (view spoiler)
Aղցela W.
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a short quick read that was full of emotions. Gabe Ashby and Rafe Soto aka Angelo Pagan move into their new house in North Carolina where they start their new life together. When Rafe finds letters that Gabe wrote to him while he was in prison but he never sent them. I found this book to be very emotional I loved reading this series and I know that these two have been through but Rafe didn't have any reason to get jealous after how he sent Gabe a Dear John letter. I also liked that Rafe ...more
Lenore
This short is as sappy, and the sex as heterofied as in the previous book, with the added "plus" of the MCs taking turns pulling guns on each other.

These characters didn't come across as loving and tender and sexy. They came across as abusive, obsessive, and unhinged.

Disturbing.
Mimi
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a novella about Gabe and Angel. It takes place right after Angel gets out of jail but before the wedding.

It takes a look into the time when Angelo was gone and Gabe was feeling torn apart, lonely and missing his man. It as dealing with the feelings that Angelo caused to Gabe when he chose to not include him in his decision that cause both our guys to bleed out then and now.

This would have worked better for me if this was the book not an addition after the fact. I still have a problem wi
Amy
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Amy by: Sara
Shelves: lgbtq
Good Lord, I can't get enough of these two! Gabe and Angelo/Rafe are both such alpha males, things can get pretty intense with them. And I love every freaking second of it!

He jerked his head up, meeting Angel’s shining eyes in the dark. “I’m going to leave you like that, with your cock hard and your ass needy,” he spoke softly, clearly, turning himself on in the process. “So you know exactly who owns it. Who owns you.”

(swoon)
Heather
Dec 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, ebook
These two are so over the top.

A quick little story that takes place within their story.
Here I thought I was getting 59 pages of hot sexy loving, when I got 59 pages of pure angst. Brooklyn Sinner style.

I swear if I hadn't read their book, I would totally call these two crazy and unhinged.
Angel and Gabe have a very raw love.
Trisha Harrington
2.5 stars. This was even worse than the first when it comes to angst. It was shorter but the angst again was too much. I did like how they started talking about this, albeit because they were forced into a make or break situation. Not a bad series, I guess, but not the series for me.
Magda
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
Unnecessary drama
Susan65
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this short. So emotionally gut-wrenching and jammed full of every feeling under the sun. But, very necessary to completely understand our boys.
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
God I love Gabe and Angelo
bookfaerie
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loaded with hot encounters, angsty separations/make-ups, tearful declarations and so much more in these few short pages. Starts a bit slow but becomes emotionally tense quickly and then it's tears and heartbreak before our boys can find their balance once again. A great addition to book #1.
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

In the middle of the night, Rafe Soto opens a drawer in hopes of waking his lover with pleasure. What he finds instead throws his faith in Gabe off track and threatens the new life they’ve begun to create. It appears that before the two men have their HEA, there’s much more fighting to be
Angela Bee Bee
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: freebie
This 59 page story delivers the dildo promised in Love the Sinner. Angelo is so hot here, with his sexy as fuck tattoos and his predatory gangster gaze.
These boys do drama right, fist fights, guns, man tears, all so good.
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
~ ~ ~

2.5 Stars bumped to 3 'cus there were some pretty words, but ugh. This just isn't doin' it for me. The writing is cliche', reused one liners and all the "of"'s are missing. Still, probably going to read book 3 :/

~ ~ ~
Stephanie
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I LOVE a good fight scene (yelling/screaming/arguing/begging/pleading/fisticuffs) between a couple and this ficlet didn't disappoint. It was almost too much to bear as it was very heart wrenching to read.
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
I think I loved this more than the book! This left me completely shattered. I love them together. Their love should never have worked, but it does. greatly.
Angelmira
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cops, mobsters
ok, a lot of short stories practically exist for the readers to have some "sex snippet". this one was so full of angst i really cried. and that is what i love about the books. if they make me feel some emotions. this book definitely did.
i think... in other books i would be thinking "abuse and WTF, why the hell they pointing guns at each other? are they mental?" but here... it really works. guns are the part of their lives. they are both so familiar with them, i was like: "really? fists flying,
M'rella
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
I am not opposed to drama. I am just opposed to unnecessary drama.

I get the chapter with the letters, even though Angelo is way out of line on this one. But the second part? That bordered on some mental disorder for both MC's and Liliana part. Kids? With Angel Pagan? Move to a different planet first, people.

I could understand Gabe if his reasoning was "Look at us, we still carry guns on our persons every day, we pull them out on each other on a whim, we are not too far away from your previous li
Lala
3 Sappy Stars

A shortie about Angelo and Gabe. What to say..I actually kinda liked it. There were some pretty touching moments, and tearjerking moments too.. Loved Gabe's letters. But I absolutely didn't like how the guys treated each bump on their way as the end of the world. Their reactions were way too dramatic, and it irritated me. I wanted to shake both up and tell them to man up and mature a bit. Gun pulling, really?
 photo tumblr_mc1knm5F2t1r9ebn9_zps4976c5fe.gif

But overall, it was good.

p.s. I'll definitely read Kane's book!
Denise
Sep 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2016
Set right at the end of Love the Sinner but before the epilogue, Rafe and Gabe are just moving into their newly built house together and think they've finally arrived at their HEA, but there are still some obstacles to overcome. The pile of unsent letters Gabe wrote during Rafe's stint in prison makes a reappearance, Liliana asks a question that opens a huge can of worms, Gabe is being an idiot and Rafe a huge drama queen throwing over the top tantrums for a variety of flimsy reasons. Sooo much ...more
Karen
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars--I love Gabe and Rafe and was thrilled to find this short story that fits in between the ending of Love the Sinner and its epilogue. I can't believe how angst-filled this read was. I could have smacked Gabe upside his head--3+ weeks--that's just wrong!

Along with the angst, there was, as usual in this series, a lot of steam. This story's HEA takes you beyond their Love the Sinner epilogue, and that was a real treat.

Don't miss this opportunity to spend more time with Gabe and Angel!
Tina
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it

OMG… Rafe/Angelo and Gabe, you are killing me! I thought this short story was not more than a nice addition to the first book but let me warn you it’s anything but nice and easy!

So much drama and so much heartbreak… those two had and still have a long way of healing to do. Loved the free read!
Renée
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance
There are no words. I have never had a short sequel fracture me and put me back together. The emotion and events were so well written, words do not do it justice.
Mona
Apr 02, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5
Deanna Against Censorship
READ PREVIOUS BOOK IN SERIES FIRST!

This is so hot, so emotional, so perfect. These two beautiful, flawed creatures never do anything the easy way. How ever they do it, they do it hard and hot.
Janie
Feb 28, 2014 rated it liked it
These two men are a bunch of stubborn assholes. UGH, I balled my eyes out while reading this one also. I am thoroughly invested in Gabe and Angel.
K
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Completely ridiculous. No way kids should be brought into that fucked up environment.
EmeArsh
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sometimes a person should stop while ahead. That's for both the writer and for me.

There was so much sex in the first book but it was good. But this one is just so much unnecessary drama. And when this comes from someone who loves drama like me, it really mean so much extra drama. Because when you push and pull a couple so much, make up and then a break up and then make up and fight again, I can't trust them anymore to be happy.
  • Dirty Zero (Zero to Hero, #1)
  • Kiss
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • The Parting Glass (In a Dark Wood, #2)
  • The Dreams You Made in the Dirt
  • Just Jory (A Matter of Time #5.5)
  • Deadly Shades of Gold (Altered States, #2)
  • Kiss and Makeup
  • Moving Mountains (Separate Ways, #3)
  • Gangster Country
  • Marked (Roads, #1.5)
  • The Final Line (Recon Diaries #3)
  • Phoenix Undone (The Phoenix Chronicles Book 2)
  • Knightmare (City Knight #2)
  • Daddy's Boy
  • Compensations (Life Lessons, #3.5)
  • Apartment 1209
A Caribbean transplant, Avril now lives in Stone Mountain, GA., with a tolerant Spousal Equivalent. Together they raise an eccentric daughter who loves reading and school (not so much school anymore). Avril’s earliest memories of reading revolve around discussing plot points of Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys with an equally book-minded mother

Always in love with the written word, Avril finally deci

Brooklyn Sinners (4 books)
  • Love the Sinner (Brooklyn Sinners, #1)
  • Sinner, Savior (Brooklyn Sinners, #2)
  • A Sinner Born (Brooklyn Sinners, #3)
  • Sinner's Fall (Brooklyn Sinners, #4)