Start by marking “The Significance of Swans” as Want to Read:
The Significance of Swans

The Significance of Swans

4.50  ·  Rating details ·  2 ratings  ·  1 review
Sørina Higgins has been hailed as a passionate pilgrim and crafty poet with “a composer’s ear and a painter’s eye.” This is her first chapbook collection of poetry. David Huddle, author of Grayscale and Summer Lake, notes that “we shouldn’t be surprised when her lines catch us up and transport us into a state of wonder.” Award-winning poet Barbara Crooker, author of Radian ...more
Sadle-stapled, 1st, 29 pages
Published August 2008 by Finishing Line Press

To ask other readers questions about The Significance of Swans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Significance of Swans

·  2 ratings  ·  1 review

Start your review of The Significance of Swans
J.Aleksandr Wootton
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Though there a few early poems I'd have culled, this collection gets better and better as it goes on. The overall feel of the poetry is distinctly Irish, adorned with nature-images (both gardened and wild) as well as myth, though less social, more introspective.

If you like poetry and being out-of-doors, and especially both if possible, this collection is for you.

**Disclaimer: I was given a free copy of this book by the author in exchange for my honest review.*
Sørina
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: poetry
Art Pyrs
marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
T.
marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Sørina Higgins a Ph.D. candidate, Teacher of Record, and Presidential Scholar at Baylor University, as well as a faculty member at Signum University. Her interests include British Modernism, the works of the Inklings, Arthuriana, and magic. Sørina earned her M.A. from Middlebury College’s Bread Loaf School of English, where she wrote about Sehnsucht in the works of C. S. Lewis.

Her late