Start by marking “Visions (Cainsville, #2)” as Want to Read:
Visions (Cainsville, #2)

Visions

(Cainsville #2)

Olivia Taylor-Jones, daughter of notorious serial killers, and Gabriel Walsh, the self-serving, morally ambiguous lawyer became unlikely allies. Together, they've chased down a devious killer and partially cleared her parents of their horrifying crimes.

Their success, however, is short-lived. While Olivia takes refuge in the old, secluded town of Cainsville, Gabriel’s past
Published August 19th 2014 by Dutton (first published August 14th 2014)

Start your review of Visions (Cainsville, #2)
Em Lost In Books
Big improvement on its predecessor in every way. Be it the mystery, romance, gore, secrets, and scary part, everything was better in this book.

I really liked the main characters in this book. Author gave freedom to them. Olivia picked someone for herself who was the exact opposite of her ex. She didn't go back to the role of being an heiress and became a trophy wife, instead she decided to lead this new life to search for her real identity and find the puzzles of Cainsville to solve the mystery
Chelsea Humphrey
I know I'm late to the party, but I'm positively addicted to Cainesville and my quest in uncovering the answers to all of its mysteries.
Y. C.
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Who's the lucky duck that got a early copy and binge read for four hours because she doesn't know how to pace herself?

And who's extremely happy about the result?

No, but seriously, this sequel is everything I could have wanted. Gabriel and Olivia are friends. They are actual friends that eat together and hang out after work and spend time in each other's company for personal enjoyment, despite Gabriel being a emotionally deficient teapot.

Kind of like this dude:

He's getting better though. But mo
Alex is The Romance Fox
 photo 10390944_10152538344173694_236667874111384639_n_zps47ma7ai7.jpg
Yes, we’re back to the sleepy, isolated small town named Cainsville, filled with weird and odd characters that are keeping a lot of hidden secrets from the outside world, where gargoyles appear and disappear at random and not a church in site!!!!
 photo images_zpsibv6r1kt.jpg
Where ravens and crows appear at random times without any apparent reason!!! And where things are not what they seem to be!!

This is the town where Olivia Taylor-Jones fled to after discovering the truth about her biological pare
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

book 1 : Omens ★★★★ (4.5 stars)

"We are imprisoned by the truth we dare not see.
We are imprisoned by the questions we dare not ask."

► The story starts when Omens ends, Olivia still trying to make sense of everything that happened to her - and to her serial-killers biological parents. While Omens was meant to be read as a thriller more than anything else, in Visions the mythology introduced there starts to be unraveled and more we learn about the different fights at stake, more I
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

As a long time Kelley Armstrong fan, I hate to say this but I didn’t like OMENS. I just couldn’t connect with the characters, it was more psychological thriller than urban fantasy, and readers were left with an exorbitant amount of unanswered questions. I honestly expected the worst when I started reading VISIONS, instead… I absolutely freaking LOVED IT! I instantly clicked with Olivia, Gabriel & Ricky, the plot was more closely tied to the main story arc & the town of Ca
Carmen
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Mystery fans
"I warned you not to touch her," Gabriel said, his tone conversational.

"She is my fiancée," James spat.

"EX-fiancée, a concept you appear to have difficulty comprehending, which is at the root of this problem. However, if you are suggesting that even as her fiancé you would have the right to touch her, you are mistaken on a very important point of law. You do not. You will not. Is that clear?"

Okay... Well, this series has certainly progressed. This is the sequel to Omens, which I reviewed a few d
Keertana
Mar 26, 2014 rated it liked it
It is always ever-so-slightly disconcerting to pick up a sequel and read a novel far altered from your expectations. I adored Armstrong's Omens when it released last year, both because of its unique paranormal plot line and its psychologically consuming characters. While neither of these traits have diminished in strength throughout this sequel, they have altered in some capacity. Granted, some are for the better--certainly--but some, sadly, for the worse.

In Omens Olivia, the protagonist of our
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
The Cainsville series has become a favorite of mine after I read a short novella and the first book in the series. I finished this book a while back, and I have book 3 and 4 waiting to be read. This is a great series, perfect if you like urban fantasy. Now, this is a series that probably is best read in order. I've read two novellas that contained spoilers, but I'm used to reading books out of order.

Visions story continues after the story in Omens. Olivia may have made some success in her parent
Ferdy
Spoilers

Loved it, best urban fantasy I've read in a while. It pretty much had everything I wanted — lots of mystery, an engrossing plot, a decent heroine, and some magic, myths and folklore.

-One of the best elements was the various mysteries throughout, there were so many: Gabriel/Olivia's powers/history and connection to Cainsville, Olivia's real parents, what Ida, Walter and co wanted, Cainsville in general, all the different players (the hunt/Tristan and his people/the elders) and the endgam
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
4.5 ~ This book was far better than the first. I liked Olivia a lot more. I really love Ricky but see the pull of Gabriel whom I adore. But I've always been attracted to broken men. Thus when it comes time to choose, I'm not sure who I'll be rooting for.

While this isn't a perfect book, it starts off with Olivia admitted to seeing omens when she hadn't quite admitted that in the first book. Thus it felt like the author thought that in her head and due to the passage of time simply forgot that she
Emma
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well this is shaping up to be a favourite series. I have more questions now than at the beginning of the book and in a good way. Cainsville is starting to look like a pretty creepy place. I’d love to this as a TV series. I love the three main characters. We get to learn a lot more about Gabriel’s background, James does himself no favours and the old abandoned house scare me! Absolutely fantastic read.
Katie
I think I'll stick with four stars for the book, but five stars for Gabriel!

I liked this SO MUCH. I wish there were already a billion books out in this series so I could just keep reading them. I like the characters. I like the town. I even, mostly, like how slowly the answers are being doled out. I feel like I have an okay picture of a lot of what's happening, but there's sooo much that's unclear. And I like that. (Note: So far, each book has had a clear plot that IS resolved at the end of each
Susana
Not as good as the first one. Full review to come.

Okay, here's the thing: I'll probably read anything that the author writes.

Kelley Armstrong definitely knows how to tell a tale, and the mystery behind this series is addictive as hell.
~FYI, I had forgotten what it felt to want to binge read a series this much. Cainsville brought that feeling back.*

Then I freaking love the characters...
Okay, I may have a soft spot for Gabriel, due to the shorts stories that I read in Led Astray: The Best of Kelle
Fiona
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Visions picks up almost immediately where Omens left off; and though we've resolved one part of the story, it's clear life isn't going to be getting quieter for Olivia Taylor-Jones any time soon.

While there's a touch of "miscommunication which could be solved by ONE FRICKING CONVERSATION YOU GUYS" (pet peeve...), and things in the romance department are start to show a tinge of triangular shaping, this was still a really strong debut. Kelley Armstrong writes absolutely fantastic characters, espe
Danya
I debated even writing a review for Visions because what do you even say when your favourite author writes one of the best books she's written in years? Something along the lines of "AKFJSDKJGLADFHGJTSFHJ!" And for some reason that doesn't seem like a particularly constructive review, nor is it a compelling argument to READ THIS SERIES. But thankfully I was able to form coherent thoughts about the UF perfection that is Visions and here we are!

In Omens Liv moves to Cainsville, a quaint little tow
Natasha
Dear Kelley Armstrong,

Fuck off.

How can you do this to me? I love you. I love you so hard.
This book was amazing. Intriguing, weird, so exciting, and full of so much sexual tension, I might just fucking die. Seriously, I might die from it.

You're the worst.

I love you.

And Gabriel. Fuck, he's the best. Like, just (view spoiler)

Love always,

Natasha
Eva Rose
I regret having paid money to read this book, it was really annoying and when the dreaded love triangle reared its head I just quit. I can't stand it anymore.

P.S. This also means that I won't read any other of Armstrong books.
A. B. Neilly
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Cainsville series. I have enjoyed it more than the first one. This one is focused on Cainsville and some of the secrets it keeps.

It starts with Olivia finding in her car the body of a woman who has been reported disappeared, a woman from Cainsville. As Olivia tries to untangle the murder, she starts a hot relationship and there are many more erotic moments in this book than the previous one. Sometimes too many for my taste.
I enjoyed this book a lot, but I didn't
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It didn't take me long to pick this up after finishing Omens. I was completely hooked, intrigued, and on the edge of my seat not only with the mystery that is Cainsville, but with all the characters as well. This truly is a stand out series that ended up being so much more addictive than I had planned for.

And while so much was finally answered and revealed in this installment, so much more was questioned and brought to light as well and even though I am still on the edge of my seat and can't sto
Annika
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I enjoyed this one even more than its prequel.
More paranormal elements, a little more romance, fantastic character development. I love how Kelley Armstrong provides us with a separate mystery case in each book while continuously revealing more and more about the background story line and further getting the main characters tangled up in the mess. A very clever way to keep the reader interested.

I'm seriously loving this series. On to book 3!
Karina Webster
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread Feb 2020.
Ooh it’s all kicking off now. Picking up a few more bits this time round too which is always nice.

First read, April 2018.
Oh my, that ending. If I was the crying type i’d be in tears. This is shaping up to be an excellent, excellent series.
Sionna
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Look, I'm already halfway through book 3. I cannot stop this binge.
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!

I actually just finished reading and decided to just do a quick review. I am happy at the same time frustrated cause I just want the story to continue. Just like the first book, there’s so much mystery surrounding this series and while it’s slowly unravelling, a lot of them is still hidden and what’s worst, I could not second guess any of it. It is that frustratingly good! ;)

The story picks up where it left off, with Olivia deciding to move to Cainsville… But of course nothing is alwa
Thomas Edmund
Aug 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Omen's the first in this series/trilogy was a particularly brilliant work -- a great balance between supernatural and natural intrigue, an absorbing main character and an interesting quirk where readers were suggested to look up the 'fairy-language' to find out more about the magic (but it was still totally fun if you didn't)

I had a bad feeling about the second installment. I don't know if it was it came out so quickly after the first, or that another Armstrong series 'Sea of Legends' started of
Chelsea
Reread #2
Even the third time this gets better. I love series that start putting hints down from day 1 about what's going to happen and then rereading and figuring them out. There was some parts where I really wanted to hit myself for missing the first time since it revealed some big plot points near the end. I can't wait to finish this reread.

Reread thoughts
I can't believe how much I missed the first time! All these little lines and words that hint as to what's going to happen. I loved reading t
Dana

I'm enjoying this series a lot. Nice creepy vibe. I'm not normally one to read mysteries, but the paranormal parts keep me intrigued. I do wish the author would throw the reader a bone or too, but it's still a good read. You just won't get any free clues.

Check out more of my reviews here
Milica
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all, I would like to say Mrs. Armstrong, you did nothing wrong. It’s not your fault I had wrong visions about this book. It’s all me. But I’ll return to that later.

Visions starts with Olivia visiting her family home, seeing poppies - which are death omens, and *this is not a big spoiler, it’s on the second page* finding a dead woman with gouged eyes who looks very like her in her car. Fast forward few minutes and the body is missing. Even spookier things start to happen and investigatio
Siobhan
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Visions is the second book in Kelley Armstrong’s Cainsville series, and it’s a wonderful second book. In fact, I enjoyed this one more than I enjoyed the first. The moment I was finished with Visions, I found myself reaching out to grab hold of Deceptions, so I could jump straight into book three.

Omens, the first book in the Cainsville series, sucked me deep into the world, but I had so many questions I wanted answered. With Visions, those answers start to appear. I was sucked ever deeper into t
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
The Good: I absolutely love the dynamic between Olivia and Gabriel. Their friendship is a hard won thing on it's own, not to mention Gabriel's obvious avoidance of any type of intimacy clearly at odds with his growing attraction to Olivia. The fae aspect of the series comes in loud and clear in this installment. While still mystery at heart, the supernatural overtones are bigger, brighter and proving to be a huge part of the overall story line - a part that wasn't quite clear in the first book, ...more
Madison Mega-Mara...: #161 Visions by Kelley Armstrong 2 5 Sep 01, 2015 09:16AM
Goodreads Librari...: Incorrect Page Number Request 3 27 Oct 04, 2014 04:17AM

• Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • A Longer Fall (Gunnie Rose, #2)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • The Royal Pain (Alaskan Royal Family, #2)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • American Demon (The Hollows, #14)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • The Veil (Devil's Isle, #1)
  • Crush the King  (Crown of Shards, #3)
  • Magic for a Price (Allie Beckstrom, #9)
  • Seducing the Vampire
  • The Trouble With Vampires (Mistress of Mayhem #2)
  • Blood Is Thicker Than Water (Next Of Kin, #1)
  • Dreamwalkers (Book One) The Intruder: A Markland Garraway Paranormal Mystery Thriller
  • Deadly Women (3 Tales to Chill Your Bones #7)
  • Fracture (Midnight Ice, #3)
  • Vision in Silver (The Others, #3)

Cainsville (5 books)
  • Omens (Cainsville, #1)
  • Deceptions (Cainsville, #3)
  • Betrayals (Cainsville, #4)
  • Rituals (Cainsville, #5)