Start by marking “My Today (My Way, #2)” as Want to Read:
My Today (My Way, #2)

My Today

(My Way #2)

Lacey’s Story…

Covering up pain is easy. It’s keeping it tucked away that’s hard. I’ve always needed the cover of tattoos to hide the nasty past that leached its way into me, tainting me beneath my skin.

Not the shiny, trendy tats, but the ugly broken kind, meant to keep the world at bay. If they weren’t enough, then my piercings, foul mouth and crazy hair usually did the
Published September 24th 2013 by HJ Bellus

Start your review of My Today (My Way, #2)
H.J. Bellus
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
...that's right Lacey's story! Buckle up, bitches...it will be one hell of a ride! I heart Lacey and her kickass attitude. Everyone needs a best friend like her. I can't wait for you all to read her story and learn of her past...it isn't pretty, but she makes it beautiful!
-HJ Bellus
I.Heart.Romance
⭐️ 1 Star ⭐️

* * * SPOILERS * * *

<<< CHEATING H >>>

♦️BOOK: #2 in the MY WAY series. Can be read as a standalone but features most characters from book 1. Full length.

♦️EDITING: a few minor errors found

♦️POV: dual first person

♦️SETTING: small town near Fort Collins, Colorado

♦️HERO: Tripp Fitzpatrick--Former pro baseball player. Works/lives on his cousin Cree's farm. Addict - alcohol, sex, cocaine. Big, ripped, brown hair & eyes, tattooed.

♦️HEROINE: Lacey--Hair stylist. Brash, ballsy, crude, t
Mou
Jun 14, 2018 marked it as avoid  ·  review of another edition
Cheating.
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
To me from me....😑if you read this you'll turn into Hulk #smash #willneedanewKindle what the dv$%@#%'%*$#*&&$#@& *??!?? ...more
Silla Webb
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Broken.
Two lone, broken hearts manage the pain and anguish, together, so they can heal together.

Lacey is the baddest bitch, ever. Well, on the outside that is. She has walls built up around her heart, and refuses to love, because she has experienced too much pain in her short life. She hides the pain, deep beneath the surface. She covers the scars with tattoos, marked all over her body. She simply learns to exist.

Tripp. Ahhhh sweet, sexy Tripp. He never gets the girl. His life has been
Joletta
This book needs a big fat disclaimer, a warning of what these pages hold, a f*cking hint so that I wouldn't have been blindsided. I was in no way prepared for this. I just recently read (and freaking LOVED) Cree. There was no way that Cree would ever morph into a (view spoiler).

Tripp (better known as Beast) is a recovering alcoholic, drug using whoring bastard, I mean...naw, that is what I meant. The very first scene showed his true color
Natalie Jones
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
HJ has done it again! Lacey and Tripp are quite the pair. When life gives you a sucky hand they figure out a way to pick up the pieces and make the puzzle picture perfect.And of you course you get Milley and Cree and Annie and little Mac back too. This will have you on an emotional roller coaster ride that you will love. The characters are so well written and HJ puts so much emotion in each and every one of them that you become attached to them. Whatever you do, do not read this book until you h ...more
Roksana
I cannot say that this "Hero" really deserves this title!

This review explains it all...

Nance
4.5 star rating

It's that insta-love thing again. I'm more of a slow burn type reader. Not that I didn't enjoy this book. It had everything in it. Drama, comical banter, sadness, heartbreak, and hotter than HOT sexy times. Two amazing main characters that are broken. And, a support system of loyal and protective friends that don't hesitate to always be there. Totally enjoyed his one and looking forward to reading the last in the series about Willow....
Cassandra Lewis
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read book one in the My Way series (My Now & Forever) with expectations of a good read, but your run of the mill romance. I was knocked of my feet totally by it and it was (until My Today) my absolute favourite book of the last few years.

I was lucky enough to be given an ARC of My Today by the author ad once I started, I couldn't put it down. I was done with it in less than 24 hours and left yearning for more.

The great thing about the series first of all is that while the characters and thei
Sue Stewart
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"We shared our love of ice cream and tattoos as we blazed our own path that could only lead to a beautiful train wreck. The only question left is, will we set the countryside ablaze with our hot tempers and foul mouths, or will we paint our own happy ending filled with all the gushy shit normal people crave?"

This is "THAT" book - the One that will tear your heart out and then work like Hell to put it back together again! Lacey & Tripp have both been thru some horrible "Life" experiences that hav
Tiffany
First let me start off by saying that I absolutely love HJ Bellus!! She is a kick ass author with some pretty amazing books!!!

5 Stars!!!!

My Today is the second book in the “My Way” Series. I wasn’t sure that I could love a book as much as I did, My Now & Forever, but I was completely wrong!! This book is amazing and will totally rock your world!!!

In this story we are taken into Lacey and Tripp’s life. They haven’t had it easy, but have made the best of what they’ve been dealt. This book was su
Mayas
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This story is not for the weak at heart. You need to be a rebel princess to handle the obstacles and turn of events that is endured when reading this story. Well let's just say the humor continues but the trials and tribulations rival book one and leave it in the dust.

I cried and wanted to commit book murder to a couple of characters myself. The real mystery was solved but I had a gut feeling about the letter contents anyway but was NOT expecting that to be my biotches secret. I was knocked off
Courtney
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
you will experience many emotions while reading this. you will PMP. you will ugly cry. you will freak the fuck out. you will want to beat sometimes face in. and you will fall in love. Lacey and Tripp are the perfect fucked up pair and I love them. thank you for the freak outs at work my friend. <3
Heidi
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
Edee Fallon
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review to come. I will tell you this.....I love Lacey and Tripp's story and so will you. ...more
Fictional World Dreamer
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My Today by H.J. Bellus. What can I say that probably hasn’t been already said? This is a true heart wrenching story between two people that had unforgettable lives. This emotional story will take you through Lacey and Tripp’s heart breaking struggles. It will break you down to your very own soul. You will be wiping your tears and probably screaming uncontrollably. But you will be put together after a very emotional roller coaster and in the end your heart will be filled to capacity with joy an ...more
Carrie Stadtler
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
* received this book for exchange for my honest review** (arc provided)

If anyone knows me they know home much I loved HJ BELLUS's 1st book- My Now & Forever- I loved it so much it was pretty much my #1 book for 2013 for a very long time- but like most books- there is always one that replaces the next with a new love...

When I read My Today- I was very sad in the beginning- I didn't get the feeling when I read My Now and Forever where I laughed- even teared up a little- It took me a long time to g
Tiffany Willams
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"I don't care. I love you for who you are now. Lacey, it's all about the 'todays', so let's live 'em up together." -TRIPP

I absolutely loved this book! Lacey's story is so heartbreakingly beautiful. She's a spitfire and no one stands in her way. Plus, Tripp is a perfect match for the crazy Lacey. He has dealt with so much heartbreak in his own life that it's only fitting he would find comfort in her.
Might I add that I love Tripp!! Like, I mean...Love him;) lol

"It could be a beautiful train wrec
Reckless Readers
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***I was given this ARC for a honest review***

Wow what a amazing story. I feel in love with Lacey in My Now and Forever. She reminded me of myself. I loved her crazy and unfiltered mouth "You do! Do you like, flog your log? Shuck your bubba? Hone your bone? Jiggle the jewelry? Hold your sausage hostage?" I cried and laughed so much in this book that someone would think I had gone insane. Hearing about Lacey's dark past hit me hard. I cried for her and thought she was one bad ass Ho Bag!!! I love
Stacey Medak
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ok HJ Bellus, what the hell? You crazy Biatch made me sob like a freaking baby!! I absolutley LOVED IT!!!

Um Hello - Tripp is mighty fine! Lacey is amazing....how else to describe her than absolutely amazing! The adorable little spastic princess!

This story really put me through the ringer, down the drain and plunged back up again...does this make any sense? HAHA - I don't know how else to describe it.. I felt for both Tripp and Lacey. You could feel their pain.

You either wanted to hold them and
Renee
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Here I go..... I know this book will take me on a emotional ride....

Emotionally tired now

I think this is probably the only book I've read pretty much in one sitting~ I couldn't put it down. Lacey & Tripp are just perfect by the end of the book. I don't want to give too much away because it's not released yet but really a perfect Saturday or Sunday read!

SUCCESS

To laugh often and much
to win the respect of intelligent people
and affection of children; to earn the
appreciation of honest critics an
Gabriela
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story! I loved Tripp & Lacey. Loved how both had such a hard past, facing demons left and right. Tragedy separated them, but in the end brought them together stronger than before.
Tripp, in spite of his harsh childhood and his addictions all he wanted was be loved by someone while Lacey because of her childhood abuse and loss of her mother, did not want to get attached to anyone. It was refreshing to see their funny banter against one another the love that bloomed. They both jump
Vfc
May 23, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Vieira
What a great book!! I love the BEAST!!! These books are so funny I swear sometimes I would giggle or have the goofiest smile on my face and my husband kept calling me a dork. There were some really unpleasent things touched upon in this book that totally broke my heart poor Lacey. But Lacey kicks ass and along with her biotch Milly and the BEAST she gets through it. Looking soooo forward to Willow's book. FYI these books have a kind of insta-love but it didn't bother me at all because the couple ...more
Heather
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
I'm not a prude, and have been known to be a sailor myself. But, wow the language in this. It reminds me of a bunch of kids who just learned the words and use them, thinking it makes them cool. But they just end up sounding like uneducated morons. And what was up with the wanna-be talk. Seriously? Hoochies? Wow, it's 1990, and there are a bunch of white girls trying to be black again. And failing. DNF this one. It was just too much and gave me a headache. ...more
Cristal Jatip
Jun 19, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book and authors style of writing aren't for me. The storyline had potential but everything was a mess and it was very fast paced and all over the place. All these things were happening in the book and I just couldn't connect with the characters. ...more
Maria
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you thought you knew what to expect after reading My Now and Forever you've got another thing coming. Love this series ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Stealing the Bride
  • Love You Now (Love Hurts, #2)
  • Taming Him (Bishop Brothers, #1)
  • Angel's Halo (Angel's Halo MC, #1)
  • The Wife
  • Fallen Crest Christmas (Fallen Crest High, #5.25)
  • Epic (Him, #2.5)
  • Lines (Greyford High, #1)
  • Falling Star (Beautiful Chaos, #2)
  • Passion and Surrender (The Billionaire's Seduction, #1)
  • Tangled (The Moreno Brothers #5.5)
  • Weekend Surrender (Surrender #1)
  • Homewrecker
  • The Boss (Managing the Bosses #1)
  • Consumed (Consumed, #1)
  • Crave Me (Royals Saga, #4)
  • Love Show
  • Changed (Change, #1)
USA Today Best Selling Author, HJ Bellus is a small town girl who loves the art of storytelling. When not making readers laugh or cry, she's a part-time livestock wrangler that can be found in the middle of Idaho, shot gunning a beer while listening to some Miranda Lambert on her Beats and rocking out in her boots.

Website: http://authorhjb.com/