Start by marking “All In with the Duke (Gambling on Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
All In with the Duke (Gambling on Love, #1)

All In with the Duke

(Gambling on Love #1)

London, 1822

Max Arrington, the Duke of Pelham, vows to never again let a handsome face blind him to a man's true intentions. But ten months of celibacy and lonely nights drive him to a decadent brothel, where a beautiful young man arouses his illicit passions as never before.

Tristan Walsh has grown tired of being used for men's pleasure. But his latest client is different:
Published November 11th 2013 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about All In with the Duke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All In with the Duke

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Awesome price drop to $0.99 at Amazon US!! 9/20/13!! http://www.amazon.com/All-Duke-Gambli...

**4.5 stars**

I am the first to say that I'm not a historical lover, especially with historical M/M. Often, they are either depressing, unbelievable, or cheesy, in my opinion. This one, however, was fabulous. I think Ava March balanced plot with sexiness, and came out with an excellent story.

This is your classic prostitute/rich man story, but done really, really well. Max is a Duke that has been burned by
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I'm sure this book wasn't entirely realistic, but I. Don't. Care. Because it was steamy, smexy, sweet, and oh god...did I mention smexy?

Max, jaded, serious, jilted by the one man he trusted and let into his home, goes seeking carnal pleasures at a high-end whore house in 1822 London. But he finds more than he's looking for. Tristan, working to pay off debts, unwanted by his country farm family, seeking pleasure in fancy clothes, is a lost soul. The men collide in a moment of passion that goes wa
Jaidee
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: sweet romantics who also like the steamier side of love
Recommended to Jaidee by: a lesbian friend for heaven's sake
Shelves: four-stars-books
4 "unexpectedly delightful" stars !!

2017 Guilty Pleasure Read Award

Gay Erotic Regency Romance. How many sub-genres do I have no idea about ?

This was way beyond what I expected in terms of storyline, characterization, passionate sex and sweet romance.

1822 is the time period in London and the Duke of Pelham has had his heart broken from his first true love. He is three and twenty years and is finding managing his dukedom without the tender touch of another man hard to bare. He cannot afford to
Gigi
Second read June, 2017. Loved it again! Highly recommended.

ORIGINAL REVIEW
I am just NOT a fan of historical gay romance. At all! And that is probably because there is such a teeny, tiny chance of a HEA for the heroes in the story. There was no such thing as equality for ANYONE other than white, heterosexual men 100+ years ago. It's just too darn depressing to read about. But my GoodRead friends were singing All in with the Duke's praises SUPER loud and I just had to read and see what all the fus
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time

Mark this down....I actually read and liked a historical romance. A MM historical romance at that.

Now, with that being said I stand by the fact that it's not my cuppa.

Plackets.
Buggered.
Bedchamber.
Haberdash.
Whist.

The lingo threw me for a loop and the fact that they went everywhere by horse and carriage and, heaven forbid, didn't have cell phones.

But if I look at the underlying story I rather enjoyed it. I liked both of the MCs and thought they were great together. And....it was, as promised SMO
Ingie
4 1/2 Stars - nice and tender with an interesting love plot - this one made me happy and satisfied.

A beautifully romantic and wonderfully nicely told story about a young mighty Duke in the 1820's who finds love in a blond handsome man from a completely different life situation. I am pleased and enjoyed.

Final and full review November 27, 2013

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

All in with the Duke is my very first (full-length) historical romance in classic style (England, nobility, estates, etc.) about two men a
Ami
I was introduced to Ava March's historical/regency stories by way of conversation in whatsapp with Heather C. Since I didn't like that genre in general, I kinda need guidance. I did highly enjoyed my first Ava March (His Client) so I took a chance with this one (I assume this is her longest to date? Around 81k) as my personal challenge for this week. I was failing behind (it was already Friday when I started) and I thought I'd better go with an author that I know.

It was a good decision

Yes, I d
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
I love Regency romances. What's not to love?
Curricles?
Buggering?
Swives?
Being foxed?
Dandies?
description
Seriously. I would rock the hell outta that. Every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

True, the sexual repression puts a damper on things, but he's a Duke! Money talks.

Maxwell Robert Michael Arrington, Viscount Shelburne, the Earl of Hertford, and the ninth Duke of Pelham is, by all outward indications, one stodgy fellow. It's always the quiet ones. He's taciturn and isolated in his dukedom. Works all th
Shelley
I don’t think any of you know this (or even care-ha!), but I’m not a stranger to Historical novels. In the days before e-readers I ploughed my way through all the Stephanie Laurens novels my local library had to offer (which was a lot!) and when those ran out, I devoured all the Lisa Kleypas ones, and then all the Julia Quinn ones and then all the …okay, you get the idea. I loved this stuff, so I overindulged and …I burned out. Years later and it would appear that I am being coaxed back to the g ...more
Sara
When I saw this I just knew it would be for me. As a young girl, my first introduction into the book world of romance was by the wonderful Jude Deveraux. I was hooked. I loved the world of Historical Romance and read everything I could get my hands on. To combine my first love of romance with my current love was a chance I was more than willing to take. This book, this author and the world I stepped into when I read London, 1822 was like coming home for me.

The prologue starts us off right. We kn
Amy
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Well that was a surprise!

I will be the first to admit, I am *not* a fan of historical romance. It’s just not my thing. And honestly, I didn’t realize that’s what this was when I requested it from NetGalley. Imagine my surprise when I opened it and the first line set the scene as November 1821. Ugh! What did I get myself into?

But I decided to give it a go. It takes a little getting used to. The way they talk and the way they dress (cravats and waistcoats!) is different than contemporary romance,
Kaje Harper
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, historical, bdsm
I enjoy Ava March's lush M/M historicals and this was no exception. The Duke is weathy, hard-working, and alone because he likes both men and some BDSM play in his bed. He was burned by attempted blackmail by his first real love, and is unwilling to risk his heart or his reputation again. He's determined to be careful, but beautiful prostitute Tristan gets under his skin fast.

The BDSM here was pretty light, adding flavor and a bit of plot, more than intensity. A few minor points that seemed Amer
Sunny
4.5 stars, rounded up because emotions.

I might attempt a review later when my thoughts are more clear, but I will say I thoroughly enjoyed this sweet romp. Super sexy and romantic story, with beautiful characters. I'm in my happy place.
Debra
This is a classic story of forbidden love. Not only two men falling in love, but a duke falling for a prostitute in early 1800's London.

Almost a year after having been betrayed by a lover, Max visits a brothel where he meets Tristan. After a few visits, Max finds Tristan with an abusive client and rushes in to save the day. Tristan had been working to pay off a debt. Max works out a deal with the brothel owner and is soon taking Tristan home under an arrangement where Tristan will spend his nig
Alona
Oct 21, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked this book and I loved the characters.
Max and Tristan are so sweet together, It was a beautiful m/m "pretty woman" story.
Max, a respected duke, with a broken heart, after his former lover left him while threatening to expose his sodomy tendencies if he will not pay him a large sum.
A year later, his loneliness leads him to Tristan, a male prostitute.
After they spend a couple of evenings together, Max wants to pay Tristan in order for him to come and live with him and warm his cold
Natasha
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Natasha by: SheReadsALot
A rich fancy lad falls in love with a whore fancy lad and together they put some big things in some bums and get absolutely foxed to the point of being wheelbarrow drunk.

I thought this book would have more problems.. you know... involved with their sexuality rather than just problems with communication and trust, but nah, it was all about the relationship. Which was pleasant.
I like this. All of this book was good for me. I love the dark, brooding, yet fiercely loyal hero. Eat that shit for break
Heather C
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
First of all, I'm going to start by admitting that Ava March is a HUGE guilty pleasure of mine. When I saw that this book was around 81,000 words, you would not believe how excited I was since I'm pretty sure its the longest story she's released.

In All In With The Duke, Maxwell Robert Michael Arrington, Viscount Shelburne, the Earl of Hertford, and the ninth Duke of Pelham has been deeply betrayed and blackmailed by a previous lover, threatening to reveal his preferences and kinks. After month
❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
A BEAUTIFUL HISTORICAL ROMANCE!

REASONS WHY I LOVE THIS BEAUTIFUL HISTORICAL READ!

Reason #1

I love that the Pretty Women Man theme worked for me. Because normally , I hate that theme. Yet, I found this version to be a very sweet love story. And, gosh, their was alot and lots of lov'in. And, air brushes of cuddling.

Reason # 2

I love the writing style. Alternating POV.

Reason # 3

I loved BOTH MCs their love thier persona's A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E! I wanted to hug them both.

Reason # 4

YUP!!!
Angela Bee Bee
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Angela Bee Bee by: Dani
The Duke: I have a fondness for leather.
The Rent Boy: I surmised as such.

Max and Tristan are extremely likable. OK, they are lovable! Esp. Max. I've got a little crush on Max, The Duke of Pelham.

I might have given this 4 stars for the predictable story, but the black marble dildo is worth one star alone. It's like a third MC. Hooray for delivering a promised dildo, avoiding pet peeve number #60 and scoring one for kink #1.

Truthfully, Max's frustration and loneliness is so endearing and he's all
Ele
*4.5 stars*

Loved, loved, loved it! I liked Tristan but I adored Max (especially when he's drunk).

Moving on to the second book ASAP
Isabel
Well, I wasn't expecting to enjoy this book so much, but to tell the truth, I loved it! The idea of a gay relationship on the 19th century, seemed impossible, and if one the man is a duke, more impossible it seemed... but the solution for their problem was brilliant! Max and Tristan share such a beautiful love...
haletostilinski
I loved this story.

Not only did it have incredibly sex scenes, but these two together were amazing. They sucked me in while reading.

I love how this book could have fallen into a few traps - Max could have easily acted like he owned Tristian, Tristian could have become a character that was happy just being Max's kept man, suffering in silence while he loved Max and said nothing about it, and so on. But Tristian actually stands up for himself and demands what he deserves fairly early on into the
Ann
I shall listen to this narrator telling me all the stories of love and buggering until the end of time. He did justice to Ava March's words and the quiet strength he put into both Max and Tristan's voices was sublime.

Highly recommended!
Trio
3.5 stars for the book/story, 3 stars for the narrator
I enjoyed this audiobook. The story wasn't super original or unpredictable, but it was still quite good. The whole negotiation scene at the end went on way longer than I'd have expected, which is what gave it the extra .5 from me - nicely done. And the BDSM is creative and works beautifully with the characters.

As far as the narrator is concerned, his voice is lovely and very rich - I just would have liked more of a difference between Max and
Pjm12
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this straight-up historical romance very much. No need for shifters, or vampires or serial killers. Just two boys in Regency England finding each other, and then working out a way to be together.

Granted, one is a Duke (read: Extremely rich and powerful), and the other is down on his luck (read: rentboy while paying off gambling bets), but the sparks that ignite when they get together are undeniable and unforgettable.

Max's character is revealed slowly - he is dour and self-disciplined.
Teri
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars
This was my first Ava March book, it will not be my last. I'm not a fan of historicals, I pretty much avoid them when possible, and perhaps that is why some aspects that bothered other readers didn't bother me. I wasn't caught up in what was realistic for the time or the proper behavior for a duke.
I enjoyed the characters. I felt for them, I got a little frustrated with them, and I hoped for them.
The BDSM aspect was fairly light. There was some crazy hotness in here. I mean it was wo
Catherine
This M/M historical romance was the perfect balance between sweet and sexy, with great characters and a realistic struggle towards their happily ever after given the time period.
DaisyGirl
Jan 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to DaisyGirl by: Ami
3.5 Stars

First, I'm not really a fan of historical romance. So, I am always surprised at how much I love Ms. March's books. And, I mean LOVE them. I love her writing. I love her characters. I love the period, despite the oppressive laws and social mores. But I'm likewise saddened by the circumstances in which these characters inevitably find themselves.

Here, Max and Tristan were lovely and I enjoyed them both. However, I would be less than honest if I did not express my grave irritation with Tri
Elle Beasee
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
2.5 or 3 stars - I haven't quite made up my mind...

If you've read The Gentleman and the Rogue already, I would recommend you don't read this - there are far too many similarities which makes you feel this is distinctly unoriginal. Likewise, if you're going to read this, don't read the other one. Just a suggestion.

This began rather nicely - I admit it: a self-confident noble and an attractive male prostitute generally gets me a little hot under the collar and the writing flowed so I settled in to
A Million More Pages: 1 - All In with the Duke (Gambling on Love): Apr 3 45 25 Apr 30, 2015 12:07PM
J & Lili BR 19 10 Jun 22, 2014 07:08AM

• The Gentleman and the Rogue
  • The Gentleman and the Lamplighter
  • A Private Gentleman
  • Beguiled (Enlightenment, #2)
  • A Minor Inconvenience
  • One Indulgence (Indulgence, #1)
  • His Roommate's Pleasure
  • Promises Made Under Fire
  • The Gladiator's Master
  • Trick of Time
  • The Door Behind Us
  • A Seditious Affair (Society of Gentlemen, #2)
  • Different Strokes
  • The Auspicious Troubles of Chance (The Auspicious Troubles of Love, #1)
Ava March is a bestselling author of sexy, emotionally intense M/M historical erotic romances. She loves writing in the Regency time period, where proper decorum is of the utmost importance, but where anything can happen behind closed doors. With over fifteen works to her credit, her books have been finalists in the Rainbow Awards and More Than Magic contest, and deemed ‘must-haves’ for Historical ...more

Gambling on Love (3 books)
  • Sharp Love (Gambling on Love, #2)
  • Viscount's Wager (Gambling on Love, #3)