Start by marking “Time Traveled Tales Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Time Traveled Tales Volume 1

Time Traveled Tales Volume 1

(Time Traveled Tales Anthologies #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  66 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A collection of stories about time, travel, and various combinations thereof.

'This volume [original Volume I] was prepared for the 2012 Origins Game Fair, held in Columbus, Ohio, May 30 - June 3, 2012.

The Printing is limited to 500 copies.'

Contains (Volume I Stories):
Replay Value, Aaron Allston
Last Man on Earth, Maxwell Alexander Drake
Slug, Janine K. Spendlove
Adventure of
ebook, Kickstarter Edition, 681 pages
Published August 2013 by Silence In The Library (first published May 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Time Traveled Tales Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Traveled Tales Volume 1

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Time Traveled Tales Volume 1
Erin Penn
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
25 tales centered around time. Some of the anthology writers chose time travel (Collide-O-Scope), others choose watches (Among the Stars), and still others choose the ticking away of time (Last Man on Earth).

Some tales were creepy (For Every Time a Season), others fun (Know Your Nemesis), others haunting (The Tinker's Music Box), and still others action-filled (Deep Salvage).

As with most anthologies, some unevenness in the caliber of the writers exist. Amazingly I found only two tales were tota
Donald J. Bingle
Nov 03, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
You can catch a video of me reading my story from this anthology at http://vimeo.com/78667228. ...more
Lindsey
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is pretty strong for a short story collection. No new authors to check out but time with Zahn, Allston, and Stackpole is usually worth it. I particularly enjoyed the Jack Card stories; very reminiscent of Encyclopedia Brown. A few misses but overall, a lot of fun.
_
This collection of tales is quite varied. They all have to do with 'time' in some way. Some are Great, most are good, a few are iffy, but none are awful.

The best 3 are 'The Old Gods' by C.S. Marks, 'Collide-o-Scope' by Aaron Allston & 'Time Bomb' by Timothy Zahn.

I call this one a Really Good Read (3.5 out of 5 stars).

Below are spoilers & story synopsis, so stop reading here to avoid such:

Title (rating) - snippet

Replay Value, Aaron Allston - (3/5) - A lover bets his sould against a Groundhog Day
Maggie
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Again in the interest of disclosure, I have a story in this anthology. Like A Hero By Any Other Name, I finally got around to reading the whole thing. This book, due to the success of the Kickstarter that funded it, is way longer. Because it's packed with so many stories, I was surprised to find that I enjoyed all of them. Some more than others, sure, but there wasn't a story I didn't like. Which is kind of amazing when you consider the number and diversity of authors involved with the project. ...more
Janine Spendlove
Jul 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I've never reviewed a book I had a story in before, but I suppose now's as good a time as any to start. Aside from my story, Slug (which I'm told is hilarious, but I don't feel qualified to review), this collection of short stories was a complete blast!

I've met all of these authors, and aside from liking them as people, they can also tell a great story! Each bite sized morsel made me want to go read more by each of them & I truly hope that Origins Game Fair continues to put out an anthology ever
Tim
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: electronic
This interesting collection of short stories has one truly stand out piece that haunts my memory of the collection to the exclusion of the others - For Every Time, A Season by Donald J. Bingle. The technique is subtle : "snow, unencumbered by dirt, floated heavenward to form gray clouds". The story gets more and more horrific, yet remains a quiet meditation on life and purpose.
Priya
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a fun short story series. I know it took me two years to get through it but that's what makes short stories so great. They are bite size morsels of fantasy. In this volume the Time Traveled Tales ranged from two stories from the late Aaron Allston that tickled my funny bone to a delightful story about souls trapped inside a music box.
L.E. Doggett
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very good set of short stories by some of the better writers. Good descriptions, great action scenes. The plots of the tales were interesting and many intriguing. Most if not all were science fiction a couple with perhaps a touch of fantasy. Two, about a certain boy, were more general fiction. Very good.

I recommend it to all readers.
Tim Cahoon
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It was a great collection of short stories that kept me entertained for the whole collection. Many stories left me wanting for more. I also really liked the art between stories. Jean Rabe did a great job editing this large and diverse collection.
PJ
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally finished! Awesome stories!!
Daniel Borochovitz
Oct 14, 2015 rated it liked it
i didnt like the storeys up to the mieadel and the last
but there were a number of good stores in it
Robin
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
stellar!!
John Otte
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great collection of stories, although I think I like the ones by Zahn and Allston best. :)
Jenney
Aug 29, 2013
Jonathan
Apr 26, 2015
R.T. Kaelin
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Johanna
Sep 06, 2014
Rachael
Jul 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
When I am not writing, I toss tennis balls to my cadre of dogs. My house is filled with books and dogs, you can smell both when you walk in the front door. It's a good smell.

I have 36 published novels and am currently writing in the mystery genre. My latest mystery, The Dead of Winter, was a finalist for the Claymore Award and is the first in the Piper Blackwell series.

I live in a tiny town in the

Time Traveled Tales Anthologies (2 books)
  • Time Traveled Tales Volume 2