Start by marking “Tempt (Take It Off, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tempt (Take It Off, #3)

Tempt

(Take It Off #3)

**This is a new adult contemporary novel and contains sexual content and graphic language. It is not intended for young adult readers.***

Stranded and alone with not one, but two wickedly enticing men.

Ava arrives at the airport, expecting to board a commercial flight to Puerto Rico. But a plane ticket isn’t waiting for her. Instead, she finds a guy with dark curly hair wear
Published October 14th 2013 by self published (first published October 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Tempt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempt

Start your review of Tempt (Take It Off, #3)
Sarah Elizabeth
This was another okay NA contemporary romance, but once again it was a bit cliché.

Ava and Nash were both alright characters. They seemed to cope with being stranded on a desert island fairly well, and seemed to look out for each other when they needed to.

I felt like this story was quite cliché – stranded on a desert island with a gorgeous hunk, she’s inexperienced so he teaches her all about sex, then there’s a miraculous rescue. I didn’t feel like there was really anything new or exciting in he
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Tempt1

Yowza! What do you get when you strand two people on a supposedly deserted island? Two people with a ton of chemistry between them and they are forced to rely upon each other, trust each other? Well, you get a whole lot of temptation, is what you get. Tempt is the third book in Cambria Hebert's Take it Off series. As per usual with Cambria's books, I loved it. I loved the writing, the plot that had me second guessing myself constantly, the characters, even Ava's dreams!

Going into this book I was
PJ
Fast-paced and very short, this felt too rushed...but still it was a nice change of pace from the heavy on the angst NA Romance book I just finished. This is part of Cambria Hebert's Take It Off series, and though this is the weakest of them, I still recommend reading Text and Tempt which are my faves. And it's worth mentioning that it's impossible not to compare this book to On the Island by Tracy Garvis-Graves, which is insanely brilliant, in my most humble opinion.
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: na
3.5 Tempting Stars!

So another great book but with a twist. Right from the start you fall in love with Nash and then when he tries to save her while whispering to her in Spanish your heart melts a bit.

Loved the idea of this book but there were a few things that weren't for me. Part of it was my logical brain not computing with the situation. Like what about toothpaste? There was a lot of kissing with no toothpaste and where are these infamous birth control pills?? Sometimes when things aren't lo
Abbie
Mar 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This one has been the worst in the series so far.

I didn't love either of the main characters in this. Ava was alright, but I thought Nash was a jerk at points.

There was an interesting part at 70%, but it ended at 80%. Everything before and after was pretty boring.

I'm hoping the next book in the series is going to be a bit better, but as they seem to be going downhill with each one, I doubt it will be.
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh, dear lord! Can Cambria Hebert's books get any hotter?! I have completely fallen in love with this series! It is one of my absolute favourites! It continually blows me away and Tempt is no exception! I had been desperate to read this book since I first read the synopsis! I mean who wouldn't want to be stuck on a desert island with a smoking hot guy? So, it's fair to say the synopsis sucked me right in! And then I saw the cover! Can I say hot? The plot of this book was also amazing and complet ...more
Gladys Gonzales Atwell
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nerdgirlofficial
*****Review by Gladys #XOXOtheNerdGirl #NerdGirlOfficial*****

We do often judge a book by its cover don't we! (In this case, I love the actual cover of the book although I picture Nash with sexier hair! Oh and I picture a cute Filipino version of Ava underneath him - Ha... I sure do love to insert myself in there don't I) Anyway back to the saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover!" Ava did didn't she?

When she saw Nash she was very sketical about allowing him to pilot her to her grandmother's f
Shambhawi P.
Sep 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
Finally. A Cambria Hebert book I hated.

Not that I was specifically waiting to hate one of her books, mind you. I'd rather like the books rather than them be a waste of money but ever since I've become addicted to whatever Hebert writes I have this niggling suspicion in the back of my head that I should probably hate them. They're awfully cheesy and hopelessly predictable. And I'm sighing and shaking my head in disappointment and then WHAM! the author throws in a curveball I did not see coming an
Heather andrews
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh Nash you sexy beast you, "my jeans hold in everything that's important." He talks about his 'member' like it's a real person and well I found that funny, "he's not going to get any smaller with you sitting on my lap like that," he murmured." I mean ladies, the man is a looker (winks), "his skin was bronzed and darkly tanned, smooth and hairless...except for a little trail of dark curly hair that started just below his navel and traveled into the tan cargo shorts that hung loosely on his hips. ...more
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
This was as good as the previous books. I did not like the characters, I thought everything about the story was way too easy of a plot. Also, being stranded on an island is pretty cliche plot and the author did not bring anything different.

I did not like Duke, the stranger islander. He was way too creepy especially with his lust after Ava x(
Sami ♥'s Books
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This one wasn't as good as the other books in the series I've read (I'm reading them in order so this is the third) but it was all an okay story. I just didn't feel like i connected with the characters as much as the other stories.
Deborah
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great book with romance, comedy and mystery. The bond that Nash and Ava create becomes a part of their survival. Can Bash protect her? Or will he be too late?
Closet Romance Reader
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
OK...I love Cambria but I’m not sure about this one...Tempt was the fourth book in the new collection but was book 3 originally in the series. This one was a little off the wall...I get it, if these were meant to be light, silly, take your mind off things, kinda reads then mission accomplished. Don’t go in thinking this will be the best book you ever read...

Nash was sent to bring Ava back to Puerto Rico. Once in the air, a surprise storm Was no match for his small plane. As they crashed, Nash di
Dawn
Sep 09, 2020 rated it liked it
There's naive & there's stupid-unfortunately, Ava, the female MC falls into the latter category (loved Nash though, one of the male MC's).

Also have an issue with the Dukes character, or more so with one of his actions, so I guess it would be more of a writing issue....If the pirates wanted Ava alive, why did Duke try to drown her?

That said, the book is still and easy and somewhat enjoyable read...I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. I still look forward to reading the rest of the books in th
Mel Shank
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have been making my way through the TAKE IT OFF Series by Cambria Hebert and I just can not get enough. I am in serious love with these books..
I was a little worried about this one because I am not really into the triangle love thing but I took the plunge and Cambria did not even lead me a little astray!
I loved it.
THE whole series has just been fun easy reads with hotness and a little who done it. LOVING all the twists!!
2OCC Reviews
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
Trapped on an island and no way off. Love this plot line. The author did an awesome job at mixing the steam of Nash and Ava’s connection, the suspense of what’s happening on the island, but also, the witty banter between the two main characters. The suspense aspect really kept me hooked from the moment I started. It was a pretty straight forward story. I really enjoy this series and the away the author intertwines the romance with the suspense. 4 Stars #2OCCJD
Suzanne
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Ok
Margarette Dibble
5+ Star's

I would recommend this book to adults that enjoy stories that are funny, steamy, suspenseful, and romantic, with strong characters both male and female.
Ki
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nash and Ava had hot chemistry and premise was a fantasy for sure.
Sarah Anne
I reviewed Tempt in July 2014.

Read my review of the series on my blog: Talk Nerdy Book Blog | Take It Off Series Review
Liz at Fictional Candy
You know what I love? I love when you open a book to an author you’ve never read before. That split second moment before you’ve read a word and you wonder what’s in store for you – only to find out pages later that you have really been missing out! That was my experience reading Tempt by Cambria Hebert.

In Tempt we meet Ava. Ava’s grandmother has just died, and she’s heart broken. But she is also the only one in her family who isn’t otherwise occupied with work or school, so it is up to her to fl
Margaret
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
There’s nothing better than a love story – except maybe when you throw in a plane crash, pirates and a possible love triangle to stir things up a bit! Cambria Hebert tells a wonderful story of two people who have survived a plane crash only to find themselves fighting to survive and potentially discovering love.

Ava Malone is that girl – the one who has had a bad experience with men and feels broken, who doesn’t know what she wants to do with her life, who feels like she is the misfit in the fami
Debbie
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
UPDATED: 04-24-19
I think I'm more critical the older I get. While I loved reading this book again, and I still absolutely adored Nash, Ava's character drove me a little crazy. She's so naive and talk about being a tease. But it's still a good book, and as I mentioned I LOVED Nash. While I initially gave this book 5 stars, I would probably give it 4 stars for my re-read. I really am not a fan of naive girls who attempt to play games they know nothing about.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: 10-15-13:
If I ever ge
Alessandra
Sep 25, 2013 rated it liked it
After the recent death of her beloved grandmother, Ava is assigned the task of flying to Puerto Rico in order to scatter her ashes there. However, instead of a commercial flight, she boards a private plane with sexy pilot Nash. When the plane finds turbulence, it ends up crashing on a deserted island.

Ava and Nash do what they can in order to survive - and act on their mutual attraction. But there might be someone else on the island - and Nash might have competition to Ava's heart.

I have enjoyed
❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS
The last thing Ava expects when traveling with her grandmother’s ashes is for her plane to crash. Not to mention Ava’s pilot is out of this world hot and nothing like she expected. In fact Ava expected more than a tiny sardine-can resembling plane, so she’s not too shocked when they go down even if she is shocked and scared out of her mind.

Somehow Nash and Ava survive the crash. Finding themselves stranded on an island isn’t too horrible considering together they are able to create a island oas
Shelby
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
*** 4.5 Stars ***
*** I received a free eCopy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review ***

Another awesome book by Cambria Herbert. The characters were well written and the storyline was really intriguing. Temp would make a great movie!

Ava Malone is heading to the ticket counter at the airport. She is on her way to Puerto Rico to spread the ashes of her recently deceased grandmother in the ocean. The girl at the counter informs Ava that she is not booked on a commercial flight
Book-Bosomed  blog
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kate Hudson look-alike Ava Malone has no guy and no job and thus she’s been elected by her family to be the one to honor her late grandmother’s dying wish to have her ashes sprinkled over the ocean.

Tan, tall, sea green eyes, thick unruly hair, and ripped jeans that “hold in everything that’s important” Nash Prescott has been elected by his family to fly Ava from Miami to Puerto Rico.

Nash flies a not-so-stellar private jet, but because their grandmothers were dear friends, Ava reluctantly agree
Rebecca
Oct 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Original review on GotToReadThoseBooks

The story is about Ava Malone, a woman who’s had a though time behind her. On top of that, her grandmother just passed away. Her grandmother’s wish was to have her ashes scattered over the ocean by Porto Rico, because she met the love of her life, Ava’s grandfather, there. And as her grandmothers favourite Ava is the one who has to do it: fly to Porto Rico and make sure her last wishes are granted.
When she is at the Miami airport, Ava’s perception of things
Carrie
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was a struggle. I started it, then put it down for a bit. Then today I was in a book funk & nothing sounded good & usually that's when I reach for a "recovery re-read." Cambria's books are always good for that! But this one... It just kept taunting me. It's the one book in the TIO series that I hadn't wanted to read. I bought it because it's part of the series, and I want the whole series. But it sat on my shelf, and I would try to read it & just couldn't.

I'm not a fan of triangles, o
Lauren
Sep 25, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Ava is on her way to Puerto Rico to spread her grandmother's ashes. Instead of a commercial flight, her flight is with one sexy pilot. Nash. In flight, an unexpected storm comes up, and the plane crashes. But, Nash and Ava are not alone on the island, and they are in danger.

This book was a huge disappointment. I have read 3 other books in this series, and LOVED them. But this book let me down. I hatedthe love triangle...It just about killed me. It wasn't true triangle, and we all knew s
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Wrong Bed, Right Guy (Come Undone, #1)
  • Heartbreak Beat (LA Rock Star Romance #1)
  • Go Deep (Unexpected Lovers, #1)
  • Night Shift (Night Tales, #1)
  • Bang Out (Main Desire, #2)
  • Faked
  • Any Day Now (SWAT Generation 2.0, #8)
  • Cheesy on the Eyes (Slice #5)
  • Fall For Me (The Rock Gods, #1)
  • Barbarian's Beloved (Ice Planet Barbarians, #16)
  • Barbarian's Hope (Ice Planet Barbarians, #10)
  • Fallen Crest Campout: A Fallen Crest/Crew crossover novella
  • Along Came Baby
  • Carved in Ice (Made of Steel #3)
  • How to Date a Younger Man
  • Barbarian's Choice (Ice Planet Barbarians, #11)
  • Corrupt My Mind (North Haven University #1)
  • The Alien's Mail-Order Bride (Risdaverse #0.25)

Cambria Hebert is a latte sipping author of the Heven & Hell series, the Death Escorts series, and the Take It Off series. She loves a caramel latte, hates math and is afraid of chickens (yes, chickens). She went to college for a bachelor’s degree, couldn’t pick a major and ended up with a degree in cosmetology. So rest assured her characters will always have good hair. She currently lives in Nor

Take It Off (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Torch (Take It Off, #1)
  • Tease (Take It Off, #2)
  • Text (Take It Off, #4)
  • Tipsy (Take It Off, #5)
  • Tricks (Take It Off, #6)
  • Tattoo (Take It Off, #7)
  • Tryst (Take It Off, #8)
  • Taste (Take It Off, #9)
  • Trashy (Take It Off #10)
  • Taxi (Take It Off #11)