Start by marking “Fast Forward (Second Chances, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fast Forward (Second Chances, #2)

Fast Forward

(Second Chances #2)

A moving story about love, redemption and what happens when life switches to fast forward.

Cassie learned the hard way: Love forgives… in the end.

In No Reverse, Josh and Cassie’s epic love story went from the brink of destruction to a fragile new beginning. Now they must mend their broken family and win back the son they gave up five years ago.

But second chances need to
Paperback
Published December 19th 2013 by Carlux Publishing (first published December 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fast Forward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fast Forward

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Second Chance Stars

This was my chance- our chance- to make things right. I'd made a promise to Cass and damn it all to hell, I'd never break it.

Sweet mother of feels what an emotional roller coaster Josh and Cassie's story took me on. I'm still trying to get all my feels right because...damn...just damn.

Fast Forward is the highly emotional conclusion to the story introduced in No Reverse. Please note that if you haven't read the first book, this review might have minor spoilers.

Josh and Cass
Marion Croslydon
Aug 28, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Fast Forward is the second and FINAL chapter in Cassie and Josh's story. It is the sequel to No Reverse. It is now available on Amazon.

The first five chapters of Fast Forward can be downloaded here (http://ow.ly/q9X8E)

Lenor and Sam (from No Reverse) will have their own second chance at love in Second Chances # 3 and Second Chances # 4, which should be released in May and August 2014 respectively. Full title, cover and blurb reveal before then of course! Both books will be stand-alone.

Marion x
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Source: eARC for Honest Review from Author

After the very touching first book No Reverse I HAD to find out what happens with Josh and Cassie.

I think with this book I was expecting more happiness and joy. For poor Josh and Cassie things do not come easy for them. The battle for them and for their son Lucas is nothing but full of hardships and tribulations.

Because there was so many trials and tribulations it felt a bit much at times but watching the growth of Cassie and Josh as individuals as well
Autumn Review
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review, arc, blog-tours
First impression:
I loved Josh and Cassie's story in No Reverse. I was anxious to see if they would get their son back. I was satisfied with the ending of No Reverse, but I needed them to truly have a happy ending.

The story:
Fast Forward was about Josh and Cassie's struggle to get their son back. The adoption process was difficult on it's own, but Josh and Cassie are both at the beginning of their careers. Learning how to balance all of this stress is difficult on their relationship. They strive
Sara
Nov 11, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This was a vast improvement from No Reverse, where Josh and Cassie are concerned. In this book, I felt their connection. Their struggle to navigate being married, working, outside influences trying to pull them apart, and their strong belief that they are mean to be. And the struggle to adopt their own damn son.

Cassie became a stronger woman in this book, but to me she still had more to go. She did act more mature, nurturing, and finally opened up to Josh expressing her concerns and
Sep 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sweet
I can't wait. It will be like Christmas a few days early
Ellen
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tours, e-arc
4.5 Hearts
I fell in love with Cassie and Josh's story in No Reverse and have been anxiously awaiting the the release of Fast Forward to see how their chapter in this series would wind up. These two teenage sweethearts fell in love, were forced into early adulthood by a teenage pregnancy, torn apart by lies and misplaced responsibilities, then reunited five years later, despite circumstances that made it seem next to impossible for that to happen, desperate to recover the family and the love they
Mika Pisueña
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"You are worth fighting for. You are worth dying for. And you are certainly worth living for."

We follow Josh and Cassie's story from No Reverse where Cassie pursuits her husband for adoption qualifications and Josh pursuits her for a divorce. Revelations were made and lives were altered but amongst all their love for each other prevailed.

In Fast Forward, Cassie and Josh are back together and they are pursuing both of their dreams. Cassie's dream to be a well renowned singer and songwriter, Josh'
Zizz
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dec-2013
4-4.5stars

Second chance romances are never easy. For Cassie and Josh, the past six years apart have made the road to that fairy tale ending almost seemed impossible.

This was a very good sequel. Coming off the first book, I would have thought that there were no major battles looming ahead and the sequel would be the usual unnecessary ones. For one, Cassie and Josh had found each other again by the end of No Reverse. The fiancee had been dealt with - with as much grace as Josh could i.e. there wa
Sassy Sext Addiction Book Lovers
MaRanda's Thoughts on BOTH books

No Reverse by Marie Croslydon

Love from two different sides of the track. Josh and Cassie had been best friends since they were six years old. They tried to live out their fairytale by getting married. But Josh’s father wasn’t having his son marry “white trash”. In Josh’s eyes, Cassie was his Cinderella.
This was one of the most emotional reads of 2013 for me. Getting married at such a young age, teen pregnancy, abortion/adoption and then heartache.
6 years later
Lily
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it

“Cass, I’ve wanted to marry you since you stomped on my foot back in first grade. I just couldn’t do it then because we were six and it’d have been illegal.”- josh

wow what a way to end an amazing story of love and trust. Fast Forward is the continuation to No Reverse. Fast Forward starts right off from where we left of in the last book. We follow Josh and Cass together again and we see how they figure out a way to complete their family with Lucas in it. We see all the struggles that the cha

books are love
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love how this ended. It was a bumpy ride for Cassie and Josh. Cassie needed to learn to give up control and trust Josh. Josh needed to give up his anger and forgive. Cassie though did not make it easy for Josh. At christmas, she was horrendous and pushed him away. Almost broke Josh. Her desire to control all outcomes is destructive for them.

The journey to get their son back is not an easy one. His father and their past as obstacles to battle through and it puts a strain on them. Josh is patie
Kelley
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
There is a plan in place. Cassie and Josh present a united front in order to be eligible to adopt their biological son. The toughest road is behind them right? They been through so much. What could stop them now? Little did they know that Josh's father would put a stumbling block in their way. They never would have thought that another family might want to adopt Lucas.

Can Cassie and Josh even survive as a couple if they are unable to get Lucas back?

It was heartbreaking to see everything that Jos
Wendy Kennedy-robinson
Love

Wow everyone needs a second chance like Josh and cassie. A long journey for them to reach there happily ever after but it was worth all the pain they went t through. I recommend this series to everybody.
adnke
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-rereads
Lindsay Catari
Sep 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
Sorry, this was worse that previous one. too much drama for two 24th years old even though it looked like something out of Teen Mom..

The only character worth reading for was Sam and just out of curiousity.!
Gina
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

life isn't always easy but if you truly love someone anything is possible. Josh and Cassie never had it easy but they had each other.
Raj
Escape into My Reads Book Blog

I loved reading No Reverse so I couldn’t wait to jump in and read the second book Fast Forward. In the continuation of Cassie and Josh’s story I could feel their hardships, their struggles, the obstacles standing in their way to the attainment of their son Lucas. The hurt caused by other people delaying and damaging their chances to finally be parents to Lucas. The pain as a parent felts so real and my heart seriously ached for Cassie and Josh. How much did they hav
Debra
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast Forward

When the first part left off they were still having her with getting their son back. That still happens throughout this book also. So I won't give you the ending. Suffice to say that they have lots of growing pains in getting their marriage grounded. She has so many issues with self esteem and in trying to let go of the past. He needed to become patient with her. And learn to take the lead from her. Can't wait to read the next book.
Connie
Again Wow! Every obstacle that could be put in Cassie and Josh's quest to pull their family back together seemed to materialize. Unbelievable. But what really ticked me off was the foster mother; the manipulative neighbors and the take no prisoners social worker. And in the meantime, a poor innocent five year old little boy's heart was breaking in two. All Lucas could think about was why did his "parents" have to die and why couldn't he live with Cassie and Josh. Really, really heart-breaking.
Tracy Lundy-Munn
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast Forward is the second book in the Second Chances series by Marion Croslydon. Great continuation of the first book in this series. The storyline was solid and well thought out. The characters were well developed and showed a lot of growth in this book. All in all a great book and I’m looking forward to more books in this series and more by this author.
Ranju
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
I haven't liked this much. May there was too much of everything.
Court
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2014
I reviewed this at MustReadBooksOrDie with my friend Shelley!

Shel: This novel picks up with Cassie and Josh as husband and wife trying very hard to adopt their biological son and find their footing in their marriage. It's been 6 years and those six years were growing and maturing years...post high school, beginning to figure things out years...so they definitely have some things to work out. They have issues. I mean, if you think about it, of course they do...they're young, trying to reconnect
Savannah

Disclaimer: I receive an ARC copy of this book in exchange for my honest review as part of the Blog Tour

Warning: This review may content spoilers about first book

After their reencounter in London six years later, Cassie and Josh decided to have a second chance and together get back their son. But before they have to affront many hard moments and prove their love is stronger ever at the same time they have to fight for their son’s custody.
Cassie and Josh move to Washington DC for start their f
Cerian
Oct 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Originally given 3.5 hearts at Rookie Romance.

So, Cassie and Josh's story continues in Fast Forward, and we get to have questions answered and see what the future has in store for them. After reconciling at the end of No Reverse, Josh and Cassie are determined to make the most of their second chance and fight to adopt their son, Lucas. But this journey is not going to be an easy one for either of them.

In the first book, I was firmly on Cassie's team and rooted for her throughout. And whilst I wa
Chu
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
some_text

Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Rating: 4.5 Stars

The epic conclusion of Cassie and Josh’s love story, and the promise of the absence of a cliff-hanger made me want to read FAST FORWARD asap. I fell in love with NO REVERSE, and I wanted to know what will happen to both our main characters after getting back together. Will they finally get their family back together?

Cassie wanted to have Lucas badly. Five years is long enough for Lucas to be away from her, and now that she finally got the c
Shirley Frances
assie and Josh had decided to fight for Lucas and now that the time has come to start the process Josh changes the game-plan. He wants another chance with Cassie. He not only knows that is the right things to do, he is sure that he must do it. And this time he's going about it the right way.

Of course, plans don't always work as expected and Cassie and Josh soon find out that wanting to get Lucas back doesn't mean that they would be granted custody. Their faith is tested every step of the way. Th
Krista Gervais
Review of No reverse and Fast forward together.

I'll try not to give anything away for those who haven't read either book...no more than the descriptions anyways.

I was really excited for the storyline of these two books. Like this isn't your average second chance story. It has an awesome twist to it that is pretty clear from the descirption. But I was glad to have something that was different than all the other stories out there.
However I was quite disappointed once I read the books. It was a
Lisa
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Marion Croslydon by Fast Forward is the second book in the Second Chances series.

Where the first book was about the past, it's mistakes, and trying to fix them now and rediscover the love Josh and Cassie had for each other in the beginning, this one is the beginning of that rediscovery and the attempted recovery of their son Lucas.

Given up for adoption in secret so that Josh could accept his entrance to georgetown and make something of himself, Cassie now has, with Josh's help, the chance to ado
Ava
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
finished and punches in the air.
But a sadly point to this book goes to the fact I felt it a little bit less thrilling than the first. But with this one I went quite violent since I wanted to punch of some people face. 3 ( the loretti and Mr the bad father manipulative man)
So I really enjoyed this series and the happy well deserve ending. This book was about mending, the road to a family with openness to trust and love blood bond or not. And finally to what it meant to be even with the gasp or

• Teaching Willow: Session Four  (Teaching Willow, #4)
  • Rock'n Tapestries (Rock'n Tapestries, #1)
  • Obsessed
  • Avowed (Manipulation Trilogy, Corrupted, #3)
  • Beneath Layers (Layers #3)
  • The Lover Beneath Me (The Devil Trilogy, #3)
  • Kyo Kara MAOH!, Volume 04
  • When It's Right
  • In the Firelight
  • Forbidden to Love (The Erosians, #1)
  • Girl of Lies (Rachel's Peril, #1; Thompson Sisters, #5)
  • First Love Second Chance
  • April Fools (April, #2)
  • Kismet (Kismet, #1)
  • Love After Marriage (Forever After, #2)
  • The Exemeus (The Exemeus, #1)
  • Their Merry Little Christmas (Love Square, #2.5)
  • Devil in Her Bed
Marion loves to share happy vibes, talk book crush, fictional boyfriends and sexual chemistry with like-minded people. And because she spends most of her days on her own deep inside her writing cave, you are welcome to come and say “hello” from time to time. Just to make sure she doesn’t sink into insanity.

Her friends, family and arch-enemies (there are quite a few) will be forever grateful for yo

Second Chances (5 books)
  • No Reverse (Second Chances, #1)
  • You Turn (Second Chances, #3)
  • No Reverse and Fast Forward Boxset
  • Leap of Faith (Second Chances, #4)
“You make me complete.You always have"..."Without you, I have no spark. Without you, I´m just a shell” 0 likes