Start by marking “The Krinar Captive (The Krinar Chronicles, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Krinar Captive (The Krinar Chronicles, #4)

The Krinar Captive (The Krinar Chronicles #4)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  1,447 Ratings  ·  172 Reviews
A new standalone romance from the New York Times bestselling author of Twist Me and The Krinar Chronicles

Emily Ross never expected to survive her deadly fall in the Costa Rican jungle, and she certainly never thought she’d wake up in a strangely futuristic dwelling, held captive by the most beautiful man she’d ever seen. A man who seems to be more than human…

Zaron is on
Published October 25th 2016 by Mozaika Publications

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky, and B*tchy ⚓️ Steamy Reads
3.5 Stars

I'm gonna be blunt and say that I didn't love this book as much as I thought I was going to, as evidenced by the fact that it took me almost a full week to read it.

HOWEVER.

I want to make it VERY clear that the reasons I didn't love it are completely on me, and are no indication of the quality of the book.

description

LOLZ.

Ahem...But really though.

I mean it.

TOTALLY me.

description

I love Anna Zaires and I love the Krinar Series.

Zaires' writing is smooth, crisp, and intelligently wrought.

And the world she ha
Sophia Triad
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WARNING: Huge fan's / Fanatic follower's opinion here

I have to confess that I had “Krinar fever” during its release day. You know the usual symptoms: Sweating hands, Shivering, Loss of appetite and a few Hallucinations about hunky Krinars. It is a good thing I remained functional to the outside world for a small part of the day.

I had an absolutely fantastic time reading “the Krinar Captive”. I jumped into it like a thirsty woman in the desert would gladly jump into a cold stream.

I admit that I r
Maya
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

I'm so happy Anna's releasing a new book again. I love all her works and to be able to read this book a bit sonner than expected just makes me super happy. The first books that I've read by her were The Krinar Chronicles, so it's no wonder I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. We get to se these two characters in the previous books and I was really wondering how they actually got together and all that. I'm definitely not disappointed by their
Hana ♡
4.5 Stars!

Oh god, I love the Krinar. Mia & Korum were my everything so the fact that we get another taste of an alien human couple is amazinggggg.

This story is a prequel to the story of Mia & Korum, and tells the story of Emily who was vacationing in Costa Rica when she meets a very handsome and mysterious Zaron. They do not meet in the greatest situation but nonetheless the attraction is explosive.

Because they meet before K-Day, some issues arise. Their relationship goes through many tr
Sarah Toussaint
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Anna Zaires has done it again with yet another book about those aliens and to answer your question, no, my need for even more books about them has not yet subsided.

This book was all I expected and MORE. And yet, I'm still greedy for even more books!

Emily and the hero had great chemistry from the start and the Scifi effects in the book were just enough, not over-bearing but not too little either.

If you were a fan of Mia and Korum's story, you'll definitely enjoy this one.

Enjoy!
Fre06 Begum
Shari Kay
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Meh.

Hunky alien. Beautiful captive human. Upcoming world invasion. Sounds way more exciting than it turn out to be.

Zoran is a gorgeous, perfect specimen and in deep pain over the death of his wife 8 yrs ago. He's been trying to dull the pain by keeping busy: helping the Council find colonization land for the invasion of earth, F*cking and drinking blood. Right there Zoran's hotness went down a few pegs for me. Yes, it's been 8 years since his mate was killed in an accident, but they were togethe
Leigh
Oct 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-5-stars

As a big fan of this authors Krinar series featuring Mia and Korum, I was thrilled to read this new novel set a couple of weeks before the invasion. I enjoyed both Zaron and Emily but my problem was I felt there was just something missing. I wish more happened because for me while it was an enjoyable read I found it slow and honestly boring at times. I hope Ms. Zaires writes more in this series because I love this world she has created.

***ARC provided by author.***
Celestine
Oct 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
"Between learning about the Krinar and nonstop sex with her captor, she'd been too overwhelmed to think of the bigger picture."

While this is apparently true for this book's heroine, Emily, the same can be said for Ms. Zaires, author of this prequel to the Krinar Chronicles books. One of the most appealing factors of the Krinar books was the cultural, political and environmental commentary that accompanied the alien/human love story. Those books made me think about U.S. policies, Earth's history,
Gizzie
I quit reading the book about 40% through. I kept hoping the story line would pick up but it didnt. The beginning of the book was promising but I could never get into the story for variously reasons. I just couldn't connect with Emily and Zaron. They didn't have enough depth in their personality. I won't come back to the book to finish it.
Maxine McCann
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
Yeah, I guess I'll say that I enjoyed reading this book on the subway and in line at Starbucks when I ran out of Instagram posts to read. That was some good, solid smut. Nothing that required too much thought, really.
I feel like the best way to go about giving this review is to structure it in the form of a compliment sandwich. So here goes.
Really brief synopsis first though: A woman falls off a bridge during her vacation in Costa Rica and is found, operated on, and saved by a Krinar, a member
Hettie Ivers
I was sold at vegan alien with vampiric tendencies. Okay, so generally speaking, I don't care for alien erotica, as the genre (for me) evokes images of creatures with tentacles and humanoids who resemble Blue Man Group. (Not so sexy.) But I stumbled upon Anna Zaires' Close Liaisons a while back and was hooked!! Because Zaires has created this awesome world in which a higher life form of hotties from another planet (Krina) seeded earth a couple of billion years ago and have returned to steer our ...more
Akina
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Having read Close Liaisons several times I was dying to read more works from Anna Zaires. The Krinar Captive did not disappoint. It takes place on Earth years before Mia and Korum meet in CL.

Zaron rescues Emily from certain death after she falls from a bridge in Costa Rica. At first, Zaron is only interested in saving the girls life and preventing his race from being discovered. But living in close quarters with Emily causes his libido to act up and he quickly begins to want more from her.

Emily
Charlie
5 sexy stars!

I loved the original Krinar trilogy so I was hoping this prequel would be live up to my expectations. I read this in one sitting and loved every minute of it. I've been in a major reading slump these past few weeks, starting and putting down loads of books. Nothing could hold my interest but The Krinar Captive stole my heart.

Zaron and Emily made a great couple. Their romance was sweet and I was rooting for them all the way, I do love a good happily ever after. The sexy times in this
sara j
Nov 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: favorite-author

I have very high hopes for this but totally disappointed......
Carmen
Oct 26, 2016 rated it liked it
This book had very little substance. It was just a shell to contain all the fucking. Sorry, I'm not usually so crass on GR but it was the hero's favorite word, thought and action. This book is a prequel to The Krinar Chronicles and takes place just before and during the first couple of months of the Alien Invasion. It could of been such a fascinating story if it was fleshed out. It wasn't so it is just another very forgettable smutty book. Boo!
Tapasya
Seriously I have nothing to complaint about this book.
I Floved it.

(view spoiler)
Maria Dimitrova
Not bad but not great either. There was a potential to develop both the characters and the world and yet all fell a bit flat. The sexy times were really good and as a whole the book was entertaining and relaxing.
Tracey
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Zaron has been sent early to earth to do surveys and find best places for Krinar settlements. On one of his walks he comes across a broken woman, and I mean broken she's more or less dead and broke her back BUT thanks to Krinar technology Zaron can save this woman.

Emily awakes in the most comfortable bed she has ever been in, unaware where she is or why she is there. When a stunningly handsome man comes into check on her she is even more confused - this is just the beginning though as she is abo
Charmaine Pauls
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I think sizzling hot futuristic romance, I think Anna Zaires. I adored the first three Krinar books and couldn't wait for this latest addition. I love the Costa Rican setting. It is fresh and different. The Krinar technology is a marvel. It is well described and explained without slowing down the pace of the story. Zaron is a super hot, dangerous, possessive, and tenderly caring alpha male who saves his 'angel' from an accident in the rainforest. Their 'accidental' liaison throws them into ...more
LibriMagnetici Blog
Non posso farci niente amici, ma ogni volta che metto mano sui suoi libri per me è sempre un momento magico. Sono una sua lettrice accanita e continuerò a esserlo perché le emozioni che mi dona attraverso la sua penna sono sempre bellissime. La amo nel Dark Romance e mi è piaciuta moltissimo anche in questo genere di romanzo. Vi ricordo infatti che la Zaires è un’autrice bestseller anche di sci-fi romance e di romance contemporaneo erotico. Prima di farvi conoscere i miei pensieri su questa nuo ...more
Vivi
2.8 stars!

I didn't enjoy this book as much as I was hoping to.

I was expecting it to be something like:

What I actually got was:

The truth is that there's barely any Plot here; there's Insta-Lust all around the main characters and I felt pretty much Nothing!

The MC's weren't the greatest also... Zoran was so superior and evolved in many ways, yet he still came across as a disrespectful jerk sometimes. And Emily, while idependent and tough, still turned into a bit of a fool in front of Zoran.

There
Nickcole
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4

I really loved Emily and Zaron's story because it was set before K Day and I loved that they had more time to spend together in the Costa Rica jungle before all the other Kninar showed up. I loved that the POVS were changed back and forth because it gave me a better idea of how each felt for each over and the evolution of their love. I also liked that George made a little appearance at the end. What is it about Kninar that animals love so much? lol I also loved the scenes when Emily and
Lynn Worton
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review to come.
Adrienh1
Absolutely captivating!! This one is will appear in the rotation again. Shoutout to the authors for including in this Obama story.🙂
R
2 stars.
They may say you don't have to read the Krinar triology, but...
#!!CAUTION!!# DO NOT READ BEFORE THE KRINAR CHRONICLES #1-3. Else it's a waste of time.

What to say? As a major fan of the series, I didn't know how to rate this. I tried. I really tried to like it, but maybe I can't, because I'm comparing all the action and romance in this book to the triology.
And frankly, although this book is can be read without that, I dont think a reader will be able to enjoy this book that way.

Firstly, b
Lynda Mandarino
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*No spoilers in this review*
*You do NOT need to first read the prior Krinar world books to understand or fall in love with this one*

The first three Krinar books were the first scifi/romance series I read and I fell in love with them instantly. Krinar Captive only added to my love of this race of aliens.

There were quite a few little details that did link up to the prior three books but chronologically in the Krinar world, this book falls after the short story Swept Away and before X-Club as well
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
Anna Zaires has been on my ATR (Authors To Read) list ever since I found her Twist Me and I'm so glad that I was finally able to read her and that the book was The Krinar Captive! I wanted to read it as soon as I read the synopsis - it sounded exactly like my kind of story and I was very excited. It turned out to be such a wonderful tale and I completely loved it!

I liked Emily, she's a great heroine. She's smart, calm under pressure, understanding, and accepting. She's brave and kind and mature.
Lynette
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book*

Wow - 5 HUGE Out of This World stars for The Krinar Captive!!! I seriously loved this book, and I'm so happy to be revisiting my favorite sexy intergalactic species again. This was the perfect blend of an alpha-possessive/protective male and a sassy, strong-willed female, but with an other-worldly twist that is so unique and different it makes you WISH for a K-Day to come soon!

This story centers around Zaron, a super sensual alien biol
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
EXCELLANT STORY!! I stayed up all night to finish Emily and Zaron's story! Every pages and every scene was full of adventure, surprised and a true passionate love story between Emily and Zaron. The Krinar Captive is a prequel to the other Krinar books sereis. Zaron has been sent ahead of Krinars first contact ships to find the proper places the Krinar should colonize on earth an were there planets food sources can grow and thrive.

Eight years ago Zaron lost his mate and he's still is grieving he
  • Mansions
  • Hers To Claim (Verdantia, #4)
  • Just a Bit Shameless (Straight Guys, #8)
  • Angel 6.0: Concubine (Angel 6.0, #1)
  • Legacy of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #8)
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • Corded (The Corded Saga #1)
  • Release By Treaty (Qui Treaty Collection, #1)
  • Crisped + Sere (Immemorial Year, #2)
  • The Brightest Embers (Broken Destiny, #3)
  • Midnight Soul (Fantasyland, #5)
  • Destined for Two (Entwined Fates, #4)
  • Blaze (Dark in You, #2)
  • A Hush of Greek (Out of Olympus, #4)
  • Murphy (F.I.S.T.S. #2)
  • Honor Bound (The Estate, #3)
  • Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3)
  • Vanity (The Sins and The Virtues, #2)
Anna Zaires fell in love with books at the age of five, when her grandmother taught her to read. She wrote her first story shortly thereafter. Since then, she has always lived partially in a fantasy world where the only limits were those of her imagination. Currently residing in Florida, Anna is happily married to Dima Zales (a science fiction and fantasy author) and closely collaborates with him ...more
More about Anna Zaires

The Krinar Chronicles (4 books)
  • Close Liaisons (The Krinar Chronicles, #1)
  • Close Obsession (The Krinar Chronicles #2)
  • Close Remembrance (The Krinar Chronicles #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Third Kingdom (Sword of Truth Book 13)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Pillars of Creation (Sword of Truth, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Severed Souls (Sword of Truth)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Phantom (Sword of Truth, #10)
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The First Confessor: The Legend of Magda Searus (Richard and Kahlan)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Confessor (Sword of Truth, #11)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Faith of the Fallen (Sword of Truth, #6)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Naked Empire (Sword of Truth, #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Debt of Bones (Sword of Truth)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Warheart: Sword of Truth - The Conclusion (Richard and Kahlan)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Omen Machine (Richard and Kahlan, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chainfire (Sword of Truth, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)