Start by marking “Honour” as Want to Read:

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  38 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
The world is filled with people destined to help and to serve. Doctors, nurses, police, and firefighters—each and every day, these special people work to help others in times of need. Often, this means putting their own lives at risk in order to do their jobs. They give of themselves to benefit society, and they do it without any expectation of thanks.

And then there is the
Published November 1st 2013 by Createspace (first published October 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Honour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honour

Lily Loves Indie
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This review was originally carried out as part of a blog tour on Lily Loves Indie and can be seen here http://lilylovesindie.co.uk/?p=209

This stunning collection of short stories has got to be one of my favourite items on my kindle. When I read these I experienced such a depth of emotion and they moved me so much that I had to keep putting it down to get tissues and mop up the mess that I became. This, by far, is Feeney's greatest work to date. She elicits such a wonderful amount of emotion from
★º°❧Willow's Corner❧°º★
*PDF copy provided by author for an honest review

This was my first time reading a collection of army stories. I have never been interested in army, soldier stories. You see on T.V the wars that they go to, and sometimes on talk shows the host will have an interview with the family or there is special days honoring these soldiers. This collection of short stories is dedicated to all of the soldiers out there that fights bravely to protect their country and their people. The emotions of sadness, p
J.C. Clarke
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to have small snippets of this compilation as it was being written and I knew from the start that it would be an emotional read for me (I even had the tissues ready and waiting).

What I didn’t bank on, was how emotional.

You can tell from the start that not only did the author put her heart and soul into every story in this anthology, but also a glimpse of her real life experiences within a military family. The situations, characters and emotions that were portrayed in the bo
Crystal Marie
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
During my reading of this book, I was moved on many different levels. There were parts of the story that made me cry like a little girl, and there were some parts that brought a huge smile to my face. This book will bring up many different emotions in you and keep you wanting to read more and more of it.
With everything going on with the war overseas, this book will completely touch you because some parts of this book have recent “events” happening in it. The book does do flashbacks, but not in
L.J. Harris
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a poignant and emotional read. Each story was so well written, and gave an insight as to the struggles, challenges and sacrifices those in the armed forces and their families face in order to protect their country.

I found myself pulled in to each and every story, and how a soldier serving ones country can impact on those around them, their experiences leaving an indelible mark and changing lives forever.

If you want your heartstrings tugged, check out this collection. Well worth a read, as a
M.C. Rayne
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love a new release by a great author, and I was especially excited for this up coming release. Ok, so I don't like war/army stories, but I have always loved this author so I took the risk and I wasn't let down at all. Each story is a small piece of perfection, stories short enough for you read quickly, yet still have the power to leave you a little breathless at times. Admittedly, I almost sobbed on the bus to work and had to stop reading - only great authors can do this to us.

I see a bright f
Lisa Bilbrey
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I got the chance to read M.B. Feeney's Honour, I jumped at it. Having read Just Like in the Movies and Right Click, Love, I knew I was going to be in for a good read. But honestly, I was wrong. This wasn't a "good" read, this was a GREAT read. M.B. delves into her soul and brings us numerous short stories that show us just how much the military impacts us all, no matter which side of the line one is on. I enjoyed her book so much and recommend that everyone pick up a copy.
Heather
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You better have tissues handy when you sit down to read this collection of short stories. Everyone of them tugged at my heart. It's amazingly written and so beautiful. Some of the stories are pretty easy to guess what direction it's heading but it doesn't take away from the story or the characters at all. I highly rec'd this to anyone who is looking for a real pull on the heartstrings.
Rachael Orman
Oct 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Well... I have to start off by saying... I didn't know going into this book ANYTHING about it but that it was a military book. I was excited because I was in the United States Marine Corps and absolutely love military books.
So we will start off at the beginning. The first section tugged at my heart strings until I got utterly confused because we went from husband to sister and tenses changed.. Just confused me too much.
Then we move to the first short story, Deserter, I actually found this stor
Lisa
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
'Honour' is a series of short stories that examine the very personal impact that war and being part of the armed forces has on those that serve and their families. It is full of very poignant moments through the beautiful story telling by M.B Feeney.

Each story takes a different perspective and deals with a different issue. Desertion, the death of solider at home and not on the battlefield, the horrors that soldiers have to live with after the war is over, the loss of a loved one in battle and t
Carrie Renteria
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
M.B. Feeney is definitely one of those authors that you read and they leave a lasting impression that stays with you for the rest of your life. Honour is one of those impactful works of art that will touch lives from now until the end of time whether you have served in the Military or know someone who has.

Honour is an incredibly emotional read that struck close to home for me, this book of short stories made me cry plenty of times and as an Army wife it definitely made me reflect on the life th
R.E. Hargrave
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-received
Honour * Deserter * Silence is Deafening * Letters to No One * Night Terrors * Welcome Home

By the time you put this quick read down, you’ll have reached for tissues and been left to ponder a lot, like the meaning of life. The author’s talent for crisp writing and emotional banter will pull you in easily, which is why I was a tad disappointed on the multi-chapter stories. There was so much potential for them to be developed further, yet Feeney held back for the sake of letting the reader assimila
Stacey
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a book I was really looking forward to reading as historical books really interest me. Though this wasn't exactly a historical read we get a glimpse into what life would have been like, and is like in the modern day during war.

I enjoy anthologies but have never read one with all stories by the same author, though I have read M B's work previously so am familiar with her writing style.

I like how M B manages to write the stories from all different POV so we see life from the perspective o
Lindsey Gray
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-reviews
A grieving woman's memories. A solider's decision. A husband's duty to his country. A family's letters to their solider. A father's legacy. A hero's welcome. Six short glimpses into the lives of the world's military and the lives of the people who love them.

Through these short stories told from a variety of view points, M.B. Feeney is able to convey the true emotions of each character. I was able to experience those feelings with each word. Grief, loss, love, and triumph wrapped up in only 122 p
Justine Mcfadyen
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
By MB Feeney

This is a collection of short stories which left me an emotional wreck ( to be fair Mich did warn me!) .
These short stories range from a grieving woman's memories to a father's legacy . It's not my usual book to read but am so glad I did because it left me feeling humbled at the thought that we don't really appreciate what soldiers and their family's go through, the family's left behind and the soldiers who put their lives on the line for Queen and country . We don't truly u
Emma G
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lynn Smith
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a collection of short stories. How those is service to their country, have pride and love of country but it also deals with the families left behind. What they have to deal with, their thoughts and feeling. The pride that they have in their family member serving. make sure you have a box of tissues handy. Each story whether the solider returns home to see their love ones again or return home in a casket, brings tears to your eyes. It touches your soul what each one goes through. You can ...more
Melissa Feist
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Honour by M.B. Feeney is definitely one of those books that is timeless in its application to the strains of war. It shows the heartache as family and loved ones say goodbye to their deploying soldier and the fear and determination of the soldiers, in their honor of country. It took me awhile to get the "snapshot" feel of the book. It flows from letters to and from soldiers from one generation of war to another. It loosely links one letter to the next, giving you an intimate glimpse into the qui ...more
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
Thank you to M.B. Feeney for asking me to be a part of this tour and giving me the chance to read this wonderful collection of stories. As a huge supporter of military related stories, I jumped at the chance. I was not disappointed, even though I cried my eyes out.

This is a difficult review to write because each story was so powerful, but so well thought out. I feel that the author didn't glorify any of the stories and did a wonderful job being respectful.

I wish this review could be longer, bu
Jeanne McDonald
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Honour is a beautifully written book containing 6 different short stories all pertaining to military service and its effects on those in service as well as their families. We're introduced with a grieving widow's memories and finalized with a hero's welcome. Each story is filled with heartfelt passion and grief. Feeney is able to bring the emotional bonds surrounding military service exploding off the pages. True, each story is short, but they are packed with power. Tissues are a requirement whe ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of short stories. Beautifully written and heart felt. I felt that this was a tribute to the men and women in the military.

Each story is unique. I had goosebumps reading them. I read it on one sitting. It's also ideal if you've only a few minutes to read- but be warned you will be thinking about this authors words afterwards.

I love how the author gave us different views to think and ponder on. I certainly recommend this little gem.
Erica
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A collection of short stories with a military theme, written as family of the soldier, the soldier them self or the widow.
I cried. I cried some more. This book took me on an emotional ride, so sweet, so heartbreaking along the way, I couldn't have loved it more. It's a amazing thing to have a book make you feel, and Honour did that.
Lindsey Kramer
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I thought "Honour" was a great story about our military. It was dark. It was intense. It was heartbreaking. It is a must-read. It's a book that showcases all of the human emotions wrapped up in one story. M.B. Feeney knows how to go into dark places that also shed light in the darkest of time.
Lostred
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book truly moved me to tears. She has a way with words that completely captivates you.
Stephanie Grant
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy this book!! Even just the short stories really make you think!
Calista Laws
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I like to consider my reviews as the non-avid readers' recommendation to books to read or not read. As I have increased in my devour of [good] books, I am finding that becoming an avid reader is based on two main criteria: The books you read must be easy reads: One doesn't need a dictionary to understand it and the book doesn't focus on topics one is not interested in; The story-telling must keep one engaged so boredom doesn't set in or distractions of life pull the reader away.
Honour was an ea
Jul 26, 2015
S.A. Jones
Aug 28, 2013
Dora
Nov 09, 2014
Michele Tsiri
Jan 13, 2016
Join M. B's FB reader group for exclusive material and updates on her books ➤ http://bit.ly/2tlEAp7
Facebook ➤ http://bit.ly/2hGmv9V
Twitter ➤ http://bit.ly/1qzOcW1

M. B. Feeney is an army brat who finally settled down in Birmingham, UK with her other half, two kids and a dog. She often procrastinates by listening to music of all genres and trying to get ‘just one more paragraph’ written on whichever
More about M.B. Feeney