Start by marking “Beyond (Betwixt Novella #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Beyond (Betwixt Novella #1.5)

Beyond

(Betwixt #1.5)

Have you ever been so in love with someone, but not had the courage to tell them?

Nicole Tepper is that girl. She loves her boyfriend Dale, but fearing rejection, keeps her feelings buried deep. She can’t even let on how heartbroken she is when Dale begins applying for colleges thousands of miles away from her; never even whispering a word about how much she wishes he would
Published October 20th 2013 by Smashwords Edition (first published October 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond

Emily Anne
Oct 21, 2013 rated it liked it
What an awesome read!

Beyond went, well, beyond my expectations (haha!) After I finished reading Betwixt, I was sure that the author had a perfect conclusion and didn’t need another novella. Well, Melissa Pearl proved me wrong! I was immediately sucked into Nicole’s story!

I loved seeing Nicole and Dale together without the threat of her death! They were so sweet! I loved how, even though she didn’t want to be separated, Nicole made it her mission to get Dale into his dream college.

Do you remember
Alexia Purdy
Anyone who wants to dive back into the lives of Nicole and Dale from the novel ‘Betwixt’ must read this! Focusing on them as a couple was refreshing and I really enjoyed their interactions. Like in ‘Betwixt’, you can just feel throughout it that these two are made for each other.

Told from Nicole’s point of view, it follows her as she worries about what life will be like after Dale leaves for college. Will he go far away? It’s so concerning that she finds herself pulling all the strings to figure
Melissa S Frederick
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: reviewed-books
I give this Novella, 4 stars; What does this mean to me? This novel was great! I recommend everyone to go out and grab a copy!

Beyond is a wonderfully written Novella, that continues the Love story between Dale and Nicole from the Novel, Betwixt. If you've read Betwixt or even if you haven't read betwixt, this novella is one to have in your collection.

Ohhhhh The woes of love and the its wonderful insecurities.

Nicole and Dale are two young adults who have been through the ringer and are now trying
Marcia
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WARNING SPOILERS POSSIBLE!!
{I was given the Privilege of reading an ARC for my Honest review} Thank you Melissa!

Nicole and Dale are officially a couple this year. Their love for each other grows more each day ever since he saved her from the Hit & Run that left her for dead.

There's a Hiccup though... Dale has been applying to colleges on the east coast while Nicole will be stuck home finishing her senior year alone.

Nicole is Dreading the day she has to say Goodbye to Dale. Nicole feels as if
preppea
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
BEYOND is a cute novella.

It gave some follow-up and closure to the Adam and Sheriff Hutton aspect of BETWIXT that I’d felt I’d been missing in the previous story. It also explored Nicole and Dale’s relationship now that Nicole and Dale can interact physically as well as verbally, which I thoroughly enjoyed. In general, I felt like it tied up all the loose ends from BETWIXT. While it didn’t captivate me quite the way BETWIXT did, it fulfilled its purpose as a follow-up novella and added to the s
Veronica Morfi
Oct 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Rating: 3/5

Beyond is the short story following Nicole after the events of Betwixt. Now that she is back in her body and dating Dale other problems start to come to the surface. Dale is looking for college's and Nicole is feeling left out, she would have to go through senior year without him and being left with no friends seems terrible to her. But when Columbia rejects Dale and he is devastated Nicole decided to do whatever she can to make his dream come true and show how much she loves him.

In
Lisa
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
What would you do for the one you love?
That's exactly the question Nicky Tepper asks herself when the love of her life isn't able to have what he has worked for...
The love between these characters is evident and very sweet - a continually growing romance.
Nicky is a tough girl who has made dramatic changes in her lfe, Dale came to her rescue in the past and has been the constant in her new life - she loves him and comes to realize that love is more than just talk, it's actions that speak louder.
W
Karen
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Dale and Nicole are together, but Dale is heading off to College, and he wants to go to Columbia, on the other side of the Country. While Nicole loves Dale, she can't say the words, for fear that he will reject them. So when Dales dreams of Columbia are shattered, she decides to make things right. This is a wonderful wrap up story for Betwixt, and shows the growing relationship between Nicole and Dale.

And do they declare their love for each other? You will have to read it and find out for yourse
Suzy Turner
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Seriously, this was just one of those OMG books. It continued the story where Betwixt left off... telling us what really happened between Dale and Nicole and it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I know I sound like some kind of crazy stalker reader but, seriously... shut the front door! I did not want this book to end. AWESOME
Michelle
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
This continues the story of Dale & Nicole from Betwixt. I love that Nicole stood up to the sheriff and I have a soft spot for Adam, he's a good guy who was forced into making some bad choices. A must read if you enjoyed Betwixt.
Secretly Adorkable Readers
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just finished the Betwixt series by Melissa Pearl! All three only took me a couple of days and my full review will be posted on all three for Amazon, Goodreads and my blogger once it is done. I would recommend to read The space between heartbeats, Betwixt then Before in the series.

I love all of Melissa Pearl/Jordan Ford books! I couldn't believe that I missed this fantastic series! Betwist, the Sequel and Prequel was so unexpected and had some supernatural twists that will leave you guessing!
Lelia Taylor
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: full-reviews
At last, Nicole and Dale have weathered her life-changing accident and are now a pair although neither has uttered the words, “I love you”. The sexual tension is high but Dale has taken a vow to abstain until he finds The One, the woman he wants to marry. Nicole hopes against hope that will be her but she just can’t be sure. When she finds out he wants to go to a college on the East Coast, leaving her behind, her dreams dwindle but she has to do one last very important thing for Dale.

Dale’s pare
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed

Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

Beyond is the sequel to Betwixt by Melissa Pearl. This novella gave us a glimpse into the lives of Nicole and Dale after Betwixt. They are an adorable couple. Dale's past is coming back to bite him as he applies for colleges. Nicole is determined to help, but doesn't know how, plus she's afraid of what will happens once he leaves. I wouldn't mind hearing more from Dale and Nicole in the future, but while looking around on the author's blog it looks like this i
Crissy
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book gives us the continuation of Nicole and Dale’s story. Dale has been applying to colleges and Nicole is worried about how things will be when Dale leaves for college. After all, he has been her constant rock and the one she leans on when things get tough. Dale can’t seem to escape his past, which makes getting accepted to colleges harder. Nicole loves Dale but doesn’t really know how to tell him that she wants him to go somewhere near her. With the secret about what happened to her kept ...more
Ari
Oct 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Dale & Nicole are back!
I love them!
And look at the cute cover >,<

edit after finish
There's a niggle part for me in Betwixt; the sheriff and his son, and though this sequel also picking up at that part, I still not satisfied. (view spoiler)

And Dale & Nicole still my fave part!
Nicky still a selfish, stubborn girl while Dale still
Samantha
Sep 18, 2013 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed getting more of Dale and Nicole, I just wished it had been longer and had more to it. We know what happened in Betwixt and yet we really weren't giving the justice for Nicole the way we thought. Those who harmed her get away with it and we are shown more of what happens in this short story.

I just wish there would have been more. Nicole is faced with the reality that Dale will be leaving for college soon but she just didn't realize he had views of going to the East Coast schools
Taylor Longford
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Beyond" is the third book in Melissa Pearl's series that starts with "Before" and continues with "Betwixt". (Love the titles!) In this third installment, Melissa neatly wraps up the storylines from previous books and throws in a nice twist at the end while still delivering a romantic and happy ending. Dale and Nicole make a great couple and I hate to say goodbye to them. (Especially Dale; what a prize!) Hopefully, the author has an exciting new series in the works!
Lindsay
Oct 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: review
Both Before and Beyond are both short reads, easily finished within the day, and worth it to complete the story. Beyond, though my least favorite of the three, really does trim all those loose threads still hanging from Betwixt. You really can’t have the WHOLE picture without it. MUST read!

A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Jessica Krahe
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Glad I read all three together. It tied up the questions I had about the book. I love how Dale changed and became a sweet guy who acted like the perfect boyfriend. even to the very end.
Krista
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
Although slightly far-fetched at times, a sweet ending and nice closure to Nicole's and Dale's story.
Nesy
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, looking forward to the next one.
Elsie Caba
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved loved loved it. Such a cute and funny story, I wasn't very thrilled about the mayor's punishment though. Other than that it was great.
Julie Simrock
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great conclusion

Loved reading the conclusion to the story of Dale and Nicole. As usual the author has mixed in mystery , suspense, love, and teenage emotion into an enjoyable read.
Sanjana
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Thank You Melissa Pearl!!
It's 4am and i just finished reading both the before and beyond of the Betwixt series and instead of catching up on some much needed sleep i'm here reviewing it. I read Betwixt #1 yesterday and i fell in love with the story and of course Nicole and Dale. The book had me on edge the whole time i read it too with the "find me before i die" plot. So i was a little bummed that there wasn't an epilogue at the end. And then i found out there is a novella. Even better a before
Megan
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Its not always easy saying I love you and that couldn't be more true for our girl. I fell hard and fast for these two in Betwixt and this novella was just icing on the cake! We get to see what happens after the end of Betwixt leaves off. How they are coping with everything and moving on with their lives. Nicole is having to deal with her growing feelings for Dale and his impending college acceptance. I love these two and seeing how they are growing with each other and finding their dreams a new. ...more
Amel Armeliana
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
"Bravery's a choice. It's not something you're born with or without. It's something that grows inside you each time you choose to stand up and fight for the right thing. Each time you choose to speak out instead of staying silent."

Beyond is like an actual ending of this series. In Betwixt, Adam and his father, the sheriff, can get away from the crimes the have done to Nicole. But in this finale, Adam finally found his courage to admit everything and freed himself from his father. And what a swee
Hannah
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've always been a sucker for a good romance book and The Betwixt trilogy definitely pleasantly surprised me and left me feeling satisfied and happy. The first book, Betwixt, had me captivated from the first chapter and I just had to see what would happen. After finishing Betwixt and absolutely loving it, I was hesitant to read Beyond. But beyond went WAY 'Beyond' my expectations. It was a short sweet romance that kept me entertained. It was exactly what I was looking for!
Melissa
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweeteness 2.0

I loved this sooo much. It's so sweet and funny. I really liked the way it developed. I think Nicky is crazy, but she really loves Dale. And it was super sweet when she realized that sometimes you can say I love you in a different way than with just words.
Angelique
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
A rather abrupt ending and not very satisfying, plus it seems to have drifted away from some of the preachy morals in the first two books. It was decent, but I don't think I'll read anything else Pearl.
Kerri
Feb 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Better than the prequel novella but not quite as compelling as the book, this post novella ties things up in a neat tidy, slightly unrealistic, bow.

• Umineko WHEN THEY CRY Episode 1: Legend of the Golden Witch, Vol. 1
  • Down by the Water
  • The Artifact Hunter!
  • Full Circle (Hayle Coven #8)
  • Witchrise (The Tudor Witch Trilogy, #3)
  • Lessons of the Heart
  • Pandora Hearts 23巻
  • Mayan Blood (The Stone Legacy, #1)
  • Dark Salvation (Immortalis, #5)
  • The Stone Guardian
  • Red and the Wolf (Enchanted Fairytales, #2)
  • Finding Home
  • Autumn Dawn (The Witchling, #2.5)
  • Paranormal Days Gone Awry
  • The Rose Master (The Rose Master, #1)
  • Forged by Magic: Origins (Forged, #0.5)
  • Antes y después de odiarte
  • Losing Francesca
Melissa Pearl was born in Auckland, New Zealand, but has spent much of her life abroad, living in countries such as Jordan, Cyprus and Pakistan... not to mention a nine month road trip around North America with her husband. "Best. Year. Ever!!" She is a trained elementary teacher, but writing is her passion. Since becoming a full time mother she has had the opportunity to pursue this dream and her ...more

Betwixt (1 books)
  • Betwixt (Betwixt, #1)
“Bravery's a choice. It's not something you're born with or without. It's something that grows inside you each time you choose to stand up and fight for the right thing. Each time you choose to speak out instead of staying silent. Each time you take on a force greater than yourself for the sake of others.” 0 likes