Start by marking “The Slayer (Untamed Hearts, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Slayer (Untamed Hearts, #2)

The Slayer (Untamed Hearts #2)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  2,538 Ratings  ·  328 Reviews
To Chuito the apartment was a self-imposed prison for a lifetime of sins. To Alaine, the girl next door, it was salvation from her overbearing, religious father.

He was a devil.
She was an angel.

Two people who should’ve never met, let alone become friends, but it’s not until they give into the dangerous passion that’s been simmering under the surface for five years that thi
Published March 31st 2015 by Loose ID

To ask other readers questions about The Slayer, please sign up.
Niña OMG, Kele!!!!! You out did yourself!!! This was awesome. I am only 89% done but I just had to say "you did it"!!!! Best book of the Year!!
I don't…more
I don't know how you were able to make it better than Viper.

Like I said before, I am Puerto Rican, raised in NY, live in Miami and I am a christian and you represented to the last detail!!!

Keep up the great writing!!!!(less)
The Deal by Elle KennedyA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasConfess by Colleen HooverThe Girl on the Train by Paula HawkinsThe Mistake by Elle Kennedy
Best Books of 2015
2,723 books — 5,046 voters
The Deal by Elle KennedyConfess by Colleen HooverThe Mistake by Elle KennedyManwhore by Katy EvansKyland by Mia Sheridan
Top Romances Of 2015
542 books — 2,281 voters

More lists with this book...

Val ⚓️ Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads
Re-read 8/27/15

Edited to add THIS disclaimer:

I'm not racist.

So don't get it twisted. So if you are one of those people who can't take harmless jokes that perhaps touch on race, this is not the review for you.

And perhaps I'm not the friend for you; because, while not racist, I have no filter. And I take pretty much nothing seriously, especially myself. So you shouldn't either.

Take me seriously, that is.

Just thought I'd throw that out there before I get anymore nastygrams.

End disclaimer.

5 Es
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3/17/15 Full Review Now Posted
5++++++++ STARS

His destiny always found him no matter how much he ran from it. As sure as Chuito knew the next breath would have to enter his lungs whether he wanted it to or not, he knew that Alaine couldn't be his forever.

Take a look at my shelves and you'll see that I simply don't hand out 5 stars to books I read. It really has to be incredibly written, grip me by the heart and keep me glued to the pages type of read to get me to 5 star something nowadays. S
Geri Reads
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 HUGE stars!

I totally blame Kele Moon for sending me through the depths of book funk hell with The Slayer. This book was raw, gritty, violent and brimming with passion and sensuality.

I simply loved it.

The Slayer and the Minister's Daughter

We know Chuito Garcia as the gang banger who came to Garnet to train in the Cellar back in the Battered Hearts Series. Alaine was the minister's daughter looking to break free of her tyrannical father. Their background couldn't have been more different on th
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

"To me you're coke. Fine. Smooth. Perfectly white. Very bad for me, but so fucking sexy I don't give a shit. It's worth going down for."

Without a doubt, this book (and series) should be up there with the best. It was INTENSE and I feel like these characters are now a part of me. To put it simply, Kele Moon can write a sexy alpha male like no other and Chuito Garcia was fucking fantastic! I loved him soooo much <3
_ _ _ _

Fans of this series, and the Battered Hearts Series,
Karla

5 KNOCKOUT Stars!! Intense, passionate, sensual, brutal, exciting, and at times...downright hilarious! A steamy scrumptious romance with delicious side of bromance!

photo Garnet20county1_zpsdzovexsy.jpg

Kele Moon's done something really special with this book and series! It’s not your typical MMA romance; it's about family, loyalty, sacrifice, and love…love in many forms…The Slayer is the total package. The author brings the reader into the dark dangerous world of gangs and the mafia, humanizes the anti-hero, and despite the heinou
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4.5 Stars!

It's no small secret I love me some Kele Moon...HARD! Especially her MM! But I've read most of her MF too! The Battered Hearts series.

Untamed Hearts....just as good! Why Kele is making us wait for-freaking-ever for Nova's book no one knows. So I had to settle for Chuito this go round. It was quite the hardship.

So imagine my surprise when I open this baby up and see its 8,000 location counts on my Kindle. 8-fucking-thousand.

Now I don't know if I like Kele THAT much!

Anyone that knows
Vanessa
6 Unbelievable "He's My Love Story" Stars!

Downright fucking AWESOME!!
OMG!!! Totally speechless right now. This book is SHUT THE FRONT DOOR awesome!!! You all know I don't hand out my 6-star ratings easily. I save those for the big dogs. But that shelf was invented for books LIKE THIS ONE!!

photo Slayer Casting.jpg

I think the biggest thing that I really loved and appreciated about this book is that it's a FULL book.I know many prefer the quick reads, and they do have their time and place, but me personally, I miss the
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐5 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Early Arc kindly provided by the author.

THIS book is going to stay on my ALL TIME Favorites’ shelf. Yes, THAT good.
I never read anything like it. Also I have a feeling it’ going to be a tough one to top!

This book… I’m not even sure where I should start. What I should say. What I can do to make you pick this book fast. NOW.
As much as a little part of me is yelling at me to shut my mouth and keep for myself this little gem and the ultimate alpha male ever found in a book, anothe
Wendy'sThoughts
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kele Moon Fans, Romance
5 No Shame in My Game, Mami Stars * * * * *

I am going to be blatantly forthcoming....I have developed a huge girlcrush for Kele Moon. In all of the books I have read by her, she has given to me; she has laid out her heart and soul with no fear. I am in awe of how she has put together a epic group of characters and remained true to the way she intended without any false steps...It is a thing of beauty.

She has created an homage to different cultures... providing an understand of all the reasons wh
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** Full-review#5 of Eda's US Trip Reads **

** 5+++ “You’re not broken, mami.” STARS **

“To me you’re COKE. Fine. Smooth. Perfectly white. Very bad for me, but so f*cking sexy I don’t give a sh*t. IT’S WORTH GOING DOWN FOR.”
~ CHUITO

description

A gangster. A fighter. A thug.

Chuito is filled with anger, revenge and sins. And the last thing he wants to do is drag Alaine, his beautiful, innocent, sweet neighbor, down to hell with him. He needs to keep her safe from a distance and let her have a normal life.

E
Claire Robinson
5 - "I can wait for my love story." Stars!

I have taken a few days to think about what I want to say in my review of The Slayer but even now I am still struggling to put into words just how frigging good this book is. I started reading Kele Moon’s books a while ago now, and the one thing that stands true with each and every one I pick up, is that somehow it manages to be better than the one before. We have now stepped beyond the realms of just MMA fighters and the women who love them, and into a
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
5 Chu-Tino-Nova Delicioso Stars!

I'm madly in love with Chu, and equally madly in love with Tino! And don't eeeven get me started on Nova... Holy cow! 3 crazy hot badasses to dream about! This has been the perfect vacay getaway read!!

There may be a full review coming later....or maybe not, cuz there's not much else to say except yummmmy....

and

...THANK YOU, SUZE!!!!

-----

Chuito wouldn’t consider himself sexist. He loved women. He respected them. More often than not, they were smarter, kinder, and
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
5 WEEEEEEEPA Stars

”Some days it feels good to be a gangster.”

description

"Love me, don't be in love with me," he warned her. "You wouldn't want to be in love with me."

Fantastic installment in this series! Full review to come.

description

ARC courtesy of the wonderful Kele Moon in exchange for an honest review
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️

Review Posted to: www.SweptAwayByRomance.com

5 Tortured Heros, Intense & Brutal, Beautiful Lovestory Stars!!!

photo bannerquote_zpsctjoymt7.jpg

I can honestly say that I was not expecting to like Chu's book as much as I did...what a wonderful surprise!

The Slayer skips between past and present so past unanswered questions about Chu are filled in, and it made for some interesting reading.

Chu is an MMA world champion and former gangster. He has tried to leave that world behind, but it's never really been behind him, and now
Kim Bailey
4.5 Stars

Fabulous book! Besides being just slightly longer than I'd prefer, I adored the story. The over-arching plot was managed well ... however I felt like this book diverted from the primary couple and started focusing too strongly on the other characters.
The next book has been set up nicely & I look forward to seeing more of the Italian Enforcer in action ;)
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
4.5 Stars

I hope thats spanish LOL.
Needless to say, I loved this one so much.
I dont even know where to start.

Lets start with Chu, he is so swoony..

Okay thats a big, fat lie, I want to lick more than his abs...

Moving on to Nova and Tino..

The bromace and banter..

The action..

I hope there will be more than just 2 more books in this series because..

Bottom line:

Thank you Kele Moon for giving us Chuito, and Tino.. and Nova

Amanda
5 'MMA + gangbanger + mafia' stars

The Slayer is truly one of Kele Moon's best work to date. Not only it has romance, we also have the bromance, family, friendship and some mafiya action. With 495 pages, there isn't a dull moment. Chuito's story covered the 5 years he spent in Garnett up to his current predicament back in Miami, a clusterfuck that also involves the Moretti's family.

We first meet him in Star Crossed and ever since then he is one of the supporting character that can't be ignore. H
Duchess Nicole
4.5 Stars !!!!!!
Chuito...that's all. Just Chuito.
Well, almost all. Holy bajeez, I'm so glad I read this book. I NEEDED it. Desperately. I needed a tough guy with a good heart who could badass with the badassest. And let me tell you, you have to wait for it, but Chu is an effing badass son of a bitch!! Don't let the guilt and the five year celibacy fool you. Revenge is his. I am a sucker for vengeance. It was HAD in this book!!

To be honest, there were some slow spots for me. I felt like
Polly
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
4-I love Chu-stars!!

Positives first:

I love the bromance between Chu and Tino. They were hilarious together.

Sex was hot.

There were more emotions felt in this one and it was brutal!

First, it really kills me to give this less than 5 stars. I begged for months for an arc and I kinda feel like I'm letting the author down, but I have to go with my gut and I have to be honest. I'm super picky and what I didn't like about this book will prob go over just fine with everyone else. I'll spoiler tag the s
Kele Moon
Mar 14, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
It's up for preorder on amazon!!

Lisa
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, march
Fantastic! What a wild ride of emotion! Review to come once my heart stops racing.

photo KarenWalker_zps9110cf99.gif

Oh Nova

photo marryhim_zps40f0438c.jpg
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
description

“To me you’re coke. Fine. Smooth. Perfectly white. Very bad for me, but so fucking sexy I don’t give a shit. It’s worth going down for.”

This was quite the grand impressive read, so much happened and we spent time with all the characters from the Battered Hearts series, which we loved, as well as getting excited about what’s to come from hereon in with our Italian contingent.

“He’s my love story.”

First though we have to say we absolutely loved Alaine and Chu’s love story, because ultimately th
Elizabeth
“I’d rather be in hell with you than anywhere else without you.”

Kele Moon is by far one of my favorite authors. Her strong characters, descriptive writing, and well developed story lines keep me engaged from the very first page to the very last. The Slayer did not disappoint! Although it can be read as a stand a lone, I highly recommend reading Crossing the Line and The Viper before reading The Slayer.

description

Chu is a fighter, gangster, Catholic, killer, and an all around "bad ass" puerto rican. Deeply
Carissa
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s-2015, fav-books

”I’m not an angel, and you’re not a devil.”

A gangster and a minister's daughter. Of course! the irony isn't lost upon me.

I first met Chuito in Viper, he was such a conundrum, the missing piece to the entire puzzle. Finally, I got my hands on The Slayer and I was blown away by the intensity and sheer ferociousness of Chuito's character. He is a dynamic lead character. I can simply say his story is the perfect meaning of Hamartia (yes yes, I learnt a new word from a recently read book). Pure unad
Mandie (Naughty Book Snitch)
Heat Level: 3.5 out of 4 flames
Overall: 4 out of 5 stars
Reviewed by Naughty Book Snitch: Mindy
See Mindy’s Blog Review Here

We first meet Chuito and Alaine in The Viper (which I fucking LOVED). Chuito was an asshole and I couldn't wait to read his story and watch him get taken down by a woman. This book starts in the present but flip flops through past and present to give us a real insight of Chuito and Aliaine's relationship.

Chu is a drugged out, gang banging thug whose on his way to MMA stardo
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing

“He’s my love story.”

Diana's
5 That's how Boricuas do it stars!!!
Weeeeepa!

Full Review Here..

Ay Dios mio ~ Chuito was just so guilt ridden and haunted by his past he couldn't see himself nor allow anyone else to see him as anything other than tainted and no good!! when really he was just so loyal and protective of those he loved and respected he always took matters into his own hands and handled things the only way he knew how... with brutal violence!

photo 5361088_f520_zpstgqocvja.jpg

www.bookaholicconfessions.com
Stacie
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tpam-br
5 "There was so much more to that story than I anticipated." Stars!!

Loved it! Can't wait to get to the next book. Chuito and Alaine (and Tino) are kind of epic. Kind of a, "You jump, I jump." situation going
on. 😜 Happy reading!
Turning Pages At ...: The Slayer (Untamed Hearts #2) by Kele Moon 34 15 Aug 25, 2017 12:23PM
Blog Tour Sign Up - The Slayer (April 1st - 11th) 1 9 Jan 27, 2015 06:03PM
Cover Reveal Sign Up - January 27th 1 23 Jan 18, 2015 12:22PM
  • Behold the Stars (Signal Bend, #2)
  • Embattled Minds (Lost and Found, #2)
  • Fighting Solitude (On the Ropes, #3)
  • Otherwise Unharmed (Evan Arden, #3)
  • The Devil's Match (The Devil DeVere #4)
  • Beyond Revenge (Ransom, #2)
  • Defiant (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3)
  • Wolf (The Henchmen MC, #3)
  • Hard Time
  • Jacked Up (Bowen Boys, #4)
  • Conquering (Vipers Creed MC, #2)
  • Wrenched (Hell's Bastard, #1)
A freckle-faced redhead born and raised in Hawaii, Kele Moon has always been a bit of a sore thumb and has come to enjoy the novelty of it. She thrives on pushing the envelope and finding ways to make the impossible work in her story telling. With a mad passion for romance, she adores the art of falling in love. The only rules she believes in is that, in love, there are no rules and true love know ...more
More about Kele Moon

Untamed Hearts (5 books)
  • The Viper (Untamed Hearts, #1)
  • The Enforcer (Untamed Hearts, #3)
  • The Enforcer's Revenge (Untamed Hearts, #4)
  • The Boss (Untamed Hearts, #5)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
  • In The Flesh
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Alaine frowned at him for a moment. "Are you asking me if I need feminine products?"

"I'm telling you to plan ahead," Nova said with a deliberate look at her. "Anything you think you're gonna need, I'll pick up."

"Wow"-Alaine pulled back in surprise- "I'm sort of impressed right now. You ARE a progressive gangster."

"Just text me," Nova said as he threw up his hand. "I'm leaving."

"She's not going to need feminine products," Tino said with a bark of laughter. "I guarantee you she's pregnant after last night.”
4 likes
“Get over yourself,” Tino barked. “In case you missed the memo, you’re famous now, dickhead. People cross the street to get your autograph. You got two UFC Light-Heavyweight belts. Then, as if that wasn’t enough, you switched weight classes and just killed it like a boss and won a Heavyweight belt too. Me, I look like some asshole from Jersey Shore.” He winced and then added, “Except I have better hair…and better style.” Tino shook his head. “Just completely forget I ever compared myself to them” 2 likes