Start by marking “Long, Lean and Lethal” as Want to Read:
Long, Lean and Lethal

Long, Lean and Lethal (FBI #2)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  530 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Detective Rain Huxtable works alone, and she likes it that way. But when a fourth spouse turns up dead in Lincoln, Nebraska, Rain's superiors call in help from the FBI. They've either got a serial killer or a hired murderer on their hands, and their solution is to team Rain up with Special Agent Noah Kayne—and send them undercover as a married couple.

Noah is infuriating…an
Published September 29th 2009 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published August 28th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Long, Lean and Lethal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long, Lean and Lethal

Danielle
Jan 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If I thought Justin was hot in the first book, sexy Special Agent Noah is such a great runner up I might have to have a claim on him as well.

Neither FBI agent Noah Kayne nor local policewoman Rain Huxtable are particularly happy when they are forced to partner up on a big case. But a serial killer seems to be stalking a swinging community in Nebraska. They have no choice but to shack up and play a married couple to catch this killer. While working undercover the sparks between these two send the
La La
Dec 20, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love Lorie O' Clare books but this wasn't one of her best. An FBI agent and local detective team up to infilitrate a swingers group to find out who was killing off others in the group. It wasn't much of mystery since by the middle of the book I already knew who the killer was. O'Clare tried to throw you off the scent by throwing in silly scenes, but you kind of figured it out. You would think that the premise of a swingers group would throw some sexiness into the story, but the group was borin ...more
Jill
Sep 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
I liked it, I always like the pretend marriage theme, will read another!!
Rose May
Aug 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b-minus, library
Note: This review, and all my reviews, comes from my blog - Romantic Rose's Bookshelf (http://romantic-rosesblog.blogspot.com)

Possibly in series with Tall, Dark and Deadly; Strong, Sleek and Sinful

Long, Lean and Lethal is a book of mostly average devices with occasional extra-ordinary moments. Special Agent Noah Kayne is FBI, sent to Lincoln Nebraska to work with local police as part of a murder investigation there – or several murder investigations, actually. With a possible serial killer who s
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Uggghhh... I don't know how to review this book. It just fell short in my opinion. Starting off with Rain Huxtable? Rain??? Really? And then when she goes undercover she's Rain Kayne???? *shakes head*

Noah was also a bit of an arrogant ass a lot. I found it hard to believe that 6 months ago he was breaking off his engagement because his fiancee wanted to have sex with his best man and him (and get into the swingers lifestyle) and here he is 6 months later working a case where he has to infiltrat
Barbara ★
I liked this about as much as Tall, Dark and Deadly. Though given the premise, I should have skipped it. I don't understand the whole swinging concept. If you want multiple lovers, why get married in the first place? I never could understand that.

I've always liked the "pretend marriage" theme but I felt that it didn't stand a chance nestled within the whole swinging thing. I felt that the swingers were boring and unattractive. And seriously, who would want to swing with them? I found their "get
Sammy
Dec 20, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
Before reading:
omfg i read the blurb on my friends account and then couldn't remember the name and have been searching for this for EVERRRRRR... (okay maybe only 3 months buhhht still!)
borrowed the book today .. teehee beyond excited! xD
READ IT! 3.5*
(view spoiler)
Red
Feb 20, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok. Don't get me wrong the storyline itself was good, actually pretty unique. I have never read a romantic suspense surrounding a group of swingers. That being said I think that made it difficult for Noah and Rain to actually form a bond or relationship. They just didn't seem connected as well as the characters of the previous book. The end was anti-climatic for me as well. I had a hard time connecting with Rain as a character, I just didn't get her.

Let me state again the story is good but if I
penelopewanders
This was a bit strange - I realize I don't know when it was written - despite lots of cool gadgets, it feels like it could be very much a book of the eighties or so. The whole theme of swingers clubs seems terribly out-dated to me, and sordid indeed, with the aging participants all decked out in their gaudy cool get-up... The relationship between the hero and heroine is good, although Rain's obsession with her dad verges on the too much. Likewise Brenda's attitude towards Noah seems to have some ...more
Shifali
As much as I tried to like this book and think it was amazing, I just couldn't.

First of all, its the Heroine, I just...simply DESPISED her. And to tell the truth, I don't think she deserved the Hero.

And numero 2, the romance and steam factor. It wasn't there. Looking at the cover I was hoping for a decent romance story with decent sex in it. I admit there was sex but it looked forced.

Third, the hero. I liked him and I guess he is the best part of the book. I admit he wasn't as sexy as Trace Rive
Selena
Nov 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm torn on my review of this book. I liked the characters and I liked the plot idea with the swingers so normally I would probably rate this book about a four BUT the way Rain kept thinking about her dad at weird times like during sex really wigged me out and totally took me out of the story which kind of drops it down to a 2 in those areas so I'm leveling out at a 3 star rating.

If you can get past the weird references to her dad then it's a good book. The hero is sexy and strong which is alway
Michele
Mar 17, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It was an interesting story line. I will give it that.
Murder among a group of swingers. A FBI agent and a cop who don't like each other have to join the group to solve this crime. I was looking for more. The main characters came off cold and heartless for me. Yeah. Ok.
I'm glad I only paid $ 1.00 for this book, and won't be getting anymore by this author. I was not impressed.
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Rain and Noah made the perfect match, they joined a married swingers club to find a psycho who was killing off members in the group. I loved it, sparks flew as undercover cop Rain and FBI agent Noah fought the attraction they both held for one another. SMH.... O'Clare is b/coming a must read author for me!!!:)
Melanie Chabrol-
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
what an ending... meet Rain and Noah trying to find out whom the serial killer is. They have to team up and become a couple so they can join a swingers group. They are both undeniably attractive and trying to do their assigned job is a task. Who will find out who the killer is. will they stay together or will their jobs keep them apart. i look forward to the third one STRONG,SLEEK AND SINFUL
Kristal
Jan 14, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Read through this one pretty fast, mostly because there wasn't much to the story line (for me anyway) to hold up the reading. Kind of repetitive on some aspects, and at times the dialogue was funny when I'm sure it wasn't meant to be. Got another one of her books I'll read later but probably won't become a regular reader.
Mei
Oct 28, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book at a book sale for $.25 so I guess I got my money's worth. Boring, predictable, silly and confusing at times. This is the first I've read of this author's work so I'm willing to give her one more chance and see if she can pull off a story. The title should have warned me off...Strong, Sleek and Sinful?! We'll see.
Jeanne
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I stumbled upon the FBI series by O'Clare after reading the Bounty Hunter Series. O'Clare blends the suspense nicely and keeps you guessing on the outcome. While making sure to give you just enough HOT to keep you coming back.
Serena
Mar 17, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am going to give it 3 1/2 stars. The story was great store, however the the cliffhanger at the end was a little lacking. I was expecting more not sure what but just more then what I got. The ending between noah and rain was good and made up for the not so good ending to the investigation.
Diana
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A bit hard to get into at first,(as I had just read a paranormal before it) but once I did, it was awesome! This book really keeps you in suspense until the very end! Excellent story, great characters. Lorie O'Clare delivers yet again!
Donna Crawbuck
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, Long, Lean and Lethal, as well as the last one, Tall, Dark and Deadly. I will start Strong, Sleek and Sinful next. I read the first chapter and was in no rush to go on. But once I picked it up again I did not want to put it down. And isn't that what you want from a book!
Jenn
Oct 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very enjoyable book. It is sexy, suspenseful and includes a very unstable group of swingers. It was fun figuring it out, obvious, but still a good amount of suspense. This brings sleeping with the enemy to another level.
Sandy Lapole
good book id read it again
Ann (Noumena12)
Much better than the first book!!
Amy
Oct 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story!
Beatrice
A quick read, definitely adult themed! O'Clare kept me guessing whodunnit until the very end.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Feb 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romantic suspense fans
Recommended to Mollie *scoutrmom* by: NanG
Fast-paced and fascinating, a lot of fun.
Shh I'm reading!
My 2nd book by Lori O'Clare, and I'm just not impressed.
Mskychick
Jun 05, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF
The whole premise was too artificial and contrived for me. "We're infiltrating a group of swingers, so we'd better sleep together first"?!
Kathy Rodgers
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book.
Whtyac
Jan 27, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing story line but the scenes and terminology seem too predictable and repetitive. I really enjoyed the hero--not such much the heroine.
  • Moving Target
  • Midnight Velvet
  • Into the Night (The Reliance Group, #1)
  • Shoot to Thrill (Passion For Danger, #1)
  • Defender (Dark Ops, #1)
  • Dark Deceptions (A-Tac, #1)
  • Cocked And Loaded
  • Awakening Beauty (Fairytale Fantasies # 3)
  • Twin Games (The Heroes of Silver Springs, #2)
  • No Surrender (Devlin Group, #3)
  • Seeing Stars
  • A Love Like No Other
  • Hard to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #1)
  • Cabin Fever
  • Heat Seeker (Elite Ops, #3)
  • Kill Me Twice (Bullet Catcher, #1)
  • THE HONEY TRAP
Also writes under the pen name Laurie Fitzgerald.

Lorie O'Clare was born in 1965 in San Diego, CA. She's the oldest of three children and for the first part of her life traveled with her family, living in many Midwestern states, Iowa, Missouri, Indiana and finally Kansas. She graduated from high school in 1983 as a junior and began her college life at age 17. She received a double major in English
More about Lorie O'Clare...

FBI (3 books)
  • Tall, Dark and Deadly (FBI #1)
  • Strong, Sleek and Sinful (FBI #3)