Start by marking “Free Hostage” as Want to Read:
Free Hostage

Free Hostage

My name is Timberly Day. I don’t drink, but I do know things.
I know the heart beats over 100,000 times per day.
I know for every one second, lightning strikes the Earth 100 times.

I also know that Jaxon King—the bloody tosser!—is a muddler.
A manipulator. A liar. A con, a thief...and a closet nerd.
He’s as beautiful as innocence, as harmless as a feather.
Except, it
Published November 27th 2017 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Amara) (first published November 2017)

Melanie A.
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-favorites, kobo
5+ STARS!!
A lady should always have a fancy knife in her purse, not lipstick. Unless it's a knife disguised as lipstick.
Wow! Wow! Wow! What a total and utter surprise this book was!!! So charming, so absorbing, so original, so FUNNY, so heart-wrenching...I did NOT want it to end. One of the best books I'll read all year, I'm sure!

Timberly is a prodigy/genius. On any given day, along with her bestie, Melanie, she can be found inventing, hacking, stealing, experimenting, or blowing shit up
Josiane
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a fun ride. It seemed quite innocuous at first. Genius girl with glasses, confident and curious, a bit of a Nancy Drew with a penchant for theft. Then she meets con man thief extraordinaire Jaxon. He's gorgeous, suave, smooth as a babies butt and it becomes hard to tell who's conning who.

The slow burn budding romance between Timber and Jaxon is sizzling. There a lot of really good dialog in this book but I started having issues with Timber as she just gives everything away. Frankly
Robin Hill
I can just imagine Ms. Cole sitting back with her feet propped up sipping a Mai Tai trying to come up with a title for this book.
Cons Conning Cons
The Con and the Con Who Loved Him/Her
We'll Always Have Paris
Your Heist or Mine?

Thank God all of those were tossed because Free Hostage is an absolutely perfect title, and I didn’t realize it until I was completely absorbed. Engrossed. Hostage. <-- Ha! that totally wasn’t planned!

Willing captive/reluctant captor. Seriously, that’s all you need to
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
What in the world did I just read?!! I'm not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't that. It was so much more! Amazing characters! Amazing plot! This book was F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!

I love characters like Timberly. Both she and her BFF/Sidekick/Partner in Crime Melanie are super intelligent tech geniuses. She started college at age 13 and has multiple masters degrees and PhDs. She is also an oddball with many quirky habits including spewing random facts at inappropriate times. She finds it hard to m
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
Good Lord people!! Free Hostage legit came out of nowhere and knocked me flat on my behind!! I absolutely FLOVED it!! Right from the first page I was hysterically laughing at Timberly's inner thoughts, ramblings and commentary. She was so damn funny and so real!! And I absolutely loved Jaxon right away. There was something about that man that hooked me from the getgo. Their sexual chemistry was insane and the tension was palpable. I could not get enough!!

Without giving away any spoilers I can ho
Jae
Great writing.

I just have a little bit of issues with the plot twist at the end. I would have been livid should people make a play with my life the way they did. Lie to me once, you are out. No second chance whatsoever.

I even was rooting for the heroine to get it on with the hero's friend. He seemed a lot more trustworthy than him.
BleuBelle
Grey
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-5-stars, 4-stars
This is my December 2018 Pick-for-Me Challenge read, thank you, dearest Lisa! Also, it's the first book for me by Ms. Cole. I've had this one kicking around on my kindle for a while. I went to pick it up from Amazon and charming little thing that Amazon is... it tells me that I've owned it since last December... *hangs head in shame* what the heck is wrong with me? I have a certifiable disease, people, I just keep on one-clicking all these amazing books and then they sit on my kindle and get BUR ...more
Ri
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Holy titfire. Where do I begin? There needs to be more than five stars for this book. I won't lie, I love everything and anything that S. Ann writes but hands down this is her best work yet. BEST WORK YET. S. Ann is one of those authors that I want others to discover. I have been waiting a very long time for this book --or actually any words from S. Ann. To the point I was getting worried that my stalking her on social media was bordering on creepy.

There is a certain quality and cadence to
Shierly
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't want this book to end! So, so good! Badassery to the highest level! 😁 epic writing! 👍👍👍👏👏👏
S. Ann Cole
Nov 10, 2017 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
****************NOW LIVE!!*****************

photo Kiss Me Theyre Watching_zpsraz1hlgk.jpg

photo Kiss in Paris Teaser_zpsxzucncsu.jpg
Em__Jay
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You smell like games and lies and knavery and immorality

I am on a roll! S Ann Cole joins a short list of new-to-me authors whose books I have thoroughly enjoyed.

With a title like ‘Free Hostage’, I’ll admit I was expecting something BDSM-ish and that’s not my jam. The blurb, however, had me hooked. Anyone who describes the hero as a ‘bloody tosser’ is someone I want to learn more about. And that’s Timber. Jaxon is the tosser in question.

This book does a great job in showcasing some very smart
Gigi staub
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My name is Timberly Day. I don’t drink, but I do know things.
I know the heart beats over 100,000 times per day.
I know for every one second, lightning strikes the Earth 100 times.

I also know that Jaxon King—the bloody tosser!—is a muddler.
A manipulator. A liar. A con, a thief...and a closet nerd.
He’s as beautiful as innocence, as harmless as a feather.
Except, it’s all an illusion.

I see him and I see lies. I smell him and I taste deceit.
And still—fool that I am—I rush in.
His eyes are like
Nicole P
This is my first book by S. Ann Cole and I'm thoroughly impressed. At first I was like this character is odd. This is a strange way to start a book. But then it picks up and you can't help but like Timberly Day, the heroine of this tale of deceit and cons and love. All told from Timberly's POV (hence the 4 stars because I ALWAYS want a dual POV) I was pleasantly taken on a journey where I had to figure out the lies from the truth and the slow, agonizing build up between Timberly and Jaxon King. ...more
Tara
I really liked this book! The story line was different and it had me guessing the whole time. There were a few inconsistencies but not enough to rate the book lower. The twist at the end really surprised me which I liked but the change in the H after it was a little too much too fast. Again not enough for me to rate the book lower. I couldn't put this one down.
Niki
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!! Another great read by this author!!
Kristina

So original and consuming. S. Ann Cole has quickly become one of favorite authors & automatic one-clicks. No two story are the same & her characters are so multi-dimensional. Timber & Jaxon are probably one of my favorite couples. I can’t wait to see what Cole gifts us with next.

Evelina
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was great! It had everything I love in a book: hot guy, nerdy girl, suspense, a bunch of twists, laughter, and smart-ass comments. This romance unraveled in the perfect pace. Basically. this is about a girl and her friend who are super geniuses and rob things just for the fun of it. And then she becomes a hostage becuase she notices that a very sexy male is in the middle of trying to do a heist! The guy eventually takes her as his hostage and back to his compound. Turns out, he is the ...more
Nadine A
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5+ 'Conned right into my heart' Stars!

Free Hostage well and truly blew my mind. I'm not sure what I anticipated when I started this book. Clever, witty, captivating and exceptional story-telling is what I found in the pages I couldn't flip through fast enough.

Timberly Day -- this bespectacled beauty, and endearing fact-spewing genius was quite the heroine. The whole book was in her POV and I enjoyed every second of it. Never was there a dull moment; be it her hilarious inner musings or the sit
Sangria
LOVED this book!

What a unique, clever refreshing romance! I adored both characters....that never happens for me. I was pleasantly excited! This book is full of humor, excitement and suspense. Watching two thieves fall, never thought about it, but it definitely works here.

Timberly is a brilliant Mrs Gadget at 22. She steals things, then puts them back. We meet her, then again as she’s trying to warn Mr blue eyes he’s being betrayed. We’re off and running after he steals her and takes her hostage.
Christine
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Timber and Melanie best friends and work mates out in a museum to right the wrongs they've done, come face to face with a couple of masked men all in black. All Timber sees and remembers are those deep blue amazing eyes she will never forget. At an auction in Paris a year later she sees those eyes across the room and follows them, bad move.
Not saying more about the story to give anything away, but some great characters with lots of angst and intrigue and some lol moments.
Timber is a technology n
JBird831
I loved this book!! It was a breath of fresh air as far as storylines go and I enjoyed every minute of it... Timberly and Melanie were hilarious! Loved how intelligent and sassy they were... How they get involved with Jaxon is a whirlwind of an adventure that I couldn’t get enough of...

I think the only thing kind of through me for a loop was how things shifted towards the end... Not the twist but Jaxon’s character... It’s almost like he reverted to this kid like persona after seeing him so in co
Jeisha Castaneda
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love love love it!

I’m torn! I love JK and Saskia but I think I’m loving Tim and Jaxon more. You’ve outdone yourself S Ann Cole. Can’t put it down!
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, per usual. Review to come!
NINORE
I just love, love, love this book! OMG! It is something wonderful!
Ayekah
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
What can I say? I could spew facts; all the things we ever or maybe never wanted to know Timber knows them. What an amazing creature she was, I absolutely loved her. Timber had it all going on, the brilliance, the wily wit, no nonsense, sensitive, and so much more. Her bestie Mel was the ballsy one, where Timber let her brain do the work. And now we come to Jaxson, my least favorite character in the book. Jax was a class A jack hat. I don't give a rats rump what he did and why he did it and when ...more
Miriam Wolfe
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

Wow, there should be an option to add an extra star for an exceptional book! I was so intrigued with this book that I could not put it down and stayed up til 3 am to finish it (I had to be up for work at 7 am so not the best choice!)!

This book is filled with twists and turns, lies, and cons and just when you think you know what is going on, you realize that you don't! There were parts that were funny, parts that you can feel the pain, and many parts
Mitch Buenaventura
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! This book is unexpected. Started with a two totally hilarious nerdy and crazy to the max girls. They made me laugh out loud a lot of times. Their banter are batshit crazy. And there was Jaxon, oh you would swoon all over for him. Suppressing his actions but really can’t get his hands and heart for Tim. I loved it, swoon all over it. I want more, more. Never miss this book, you’ve got to experience it.

“You either want him, or you want me, but you can’t have both,” Jaxon cuts through my st
J.A
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
S. Ann!! Why did you do this to me!? Huh!? Why!!

I can’t even find the words to express how mind blown and fulfill I am. I’ve been in a book funk for awhile, I wanted something new and exciting to read, nothing that I could predict and guess what S. Ann? You came through with this one. Di ting sell off!!! (The book was great)

I won’t go into a synopsis of the book, I have no other words than, GET THIS BOOK! READ THIS BOOK! I promise you, you will not regret this! This is the best thing I’ve read
Elaine
I definitely didn’t see this one coming - the blurb didn’t give me any clues but there again, most of the action in this story involves conning others, so maybe it is particularly apt? Don’t believe a thing they say or do, don’t be sure just who you can trust and get ready for a real page turner, a brilliant adventure superbly written and totally enthralling!

Timberly Day is an extremely able young lady, having gained multiple degrees whilst still a teenager. She hates silence. Talks incessantly.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

I LOVE too much.
I READ too much.
I DREAM too much.

That about sums me up.

****************************************
READ TO ENJOY, NOT TO DESTROY.
****************************************