Start by marking “And she was a Christian: Why Do Believers Commit Suicide?” as Want to Read:
And she was a Christian:  Why Do Believers Commit Suicide?

And she was a Christian: Why Do Believers Commit Suicide?

The author argues from Scripture against the common assumption that a Christian who commits suicide dies as an unbeliever.
Published 2011 by Northwestern Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about And she was a Christian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And she was a Christian

Jeremiah Gumm
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A thought-provoking book that ably addresses the suicide of a Christian and the stigma attached to suicide. While I had some questions in a couple places, the author provides plenty for further discussion and consideration. Above all, the author keeps the focus on Christ and his grace.
Jim B
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Pastors, family of depressed individuals
Shelves: christian, nonfiction
It is important for understanding this book that the author does not treat at any length the subject of suicide of someone who is not a Christian. The book's title is not only a reference to his wife's suicide following a long struggle with depression, but also to the paradox faced by people who know Christians who give ample evidence of the faith in Christ, yet commit suicide.

Treatment of this subject is overdue among Christians who do not shrug off the commitment to Biblical Christian theology
Emily
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a very important book, yet was very difficult to read. Having been touched by suicide this year, I sought out a resource that might answer some of the questions I was having about suicide, mental illness, and the grace and forgiveness of Christ. I found the answers I was looking for in this book. It offers explanations, reasoned arguments backed by scripture, and lots and lots of Gospel.

I reached point where I had to take a break from steadily reading, and that was when I realized that
Luke
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book that wrestles with the horrible, tragic paradox of a Christian who commits suicide, using solid theological arguments to provide great comfort for those left behind. And it shows just how vitally important it is that we confess so strongly that our salvation is a gift of grace through faith along in Jesus Christ alone. What we believe matters. The church has not done enough with mental illness and we are not comfortable with it, but Scripture and the Lutheran confessions offer s ...more
Paul Spaude