Start by marking “Johnny's Girl (Johnny Be Good, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Johnny's Girl (Johnny Be Good, #2.5)

Johnny's Girl

(Johnny Be Good #2.5)

Meg's life has taken a turn for the perfect. She is the envy of millions with her drop dead gorgeous husband, their two beautiful sons and her new mansion in Henley. Her celebrity PA days are over. But desperate to keep up with her rock star husband, Johnny Jefferson, she uproots her perfect family and moves back to LA.
Meg has to learn to live with her new celebrity statu
Kindle Edition, UK, 100 pages
Published November 7th 2013 by Simon & Schuster UK

To ask other readers questions about Johnny's Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Johnny's Girl

Nina
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
To be honest, I think this short story was a little unnecessary and I didn’t really see the point of it. I know that it’s been published to kind of explain why there’s now a YA series about a girl called Jessie Jefferson but I’m pretty sure you don’t need to read this short story to read that series. Nevertheless, it was a cute and quick read and I loved finding out more about what happened to Meg and Johnny after the end of “Baby Be Mine”.
Hannah
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
The start is good finding out about Meg and Johnny's marriage and baby boy as well as Barney. The middle covers old ground a little too much for me. Then the end Johnny has a daughter he never knew about called Jess and she's trouble but Meg seems to like signing up for trouble. Johnny and Meg are worth fighting for. Then there was me thinking Johnny's girl would just mean Meg.
Attack Salmon
Mar 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I gotta give it to Paige Toon. Everytime I feel like the story is getting boring , she will throw a few bombs at the end and leaves me wanting more.

Meg and Johnny are now married with 2 kids. Johnny has turn over a new leaf. He is now a doting husband and father. Johnny and Meg are so sweet together.

Then Johnny's womanizing past has finally catch up with him. The title says Johnny's Girl. I thought it is refering to Meg but god I am so wrong.

Good God Paige Toon sure knows how to th
Simona
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
„You are a part of me. And now, you will always be a part of me.“ – Johnny

„I know without a shadow of a doubt, that despite his flaws, despite his past, Johnny is worth fighting for. And I swear to myself that I’ll never let anyone come between us, whoever they are.“ – Meg

Johnny and Meg are just awesome and perfect together. Their chemistry in the beginning of the book is great and it really comes through to the reader.
And their children, so adorable ♥
It’s gre
Perks Of Being A Fangirl
Sep 05, 2013 marked it as to-read
OMG...I'm so excited!!! anybody else?

Sad times when you don't have a publication date or a front cover.
I'll just have to wait.. patiently.

Just kidding
OMG...I'm so excited!!! anybody else?

Sad times when you don't have a publication date or a front cover.
I'll just have to wait.. patiently.

Just kidding
Leanne Crabtree
Well technically it ended at the 80% mark, so it wasn't as long as I thought it would be and if I'm honest I didn't entirely see the point of this, other than a way to introduce Jessie to fans of this series.

I loved Johnny and Meg's story and I really hope this isn't something that will be too much for them,
Purple
Nov 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: novella, skimmed
This novella shows, yet again, that some authors are too stubborn to realize when to stop. To drag a story into another cliche is unappealing and diminishes so much more the interest for the characters. They fade and became too boring.
Mazmum
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love Paige Toon books and I have a real soft spot for her characters, including Johnny & Meg.

Was slightly disappointed that it was so short (I know, I know, its a novella but it did seem really short) but it left it very nicely lined up for the YA book - Johnny's daughter appears to be quite a character and can't wait to meet her properly.

Again, it was lovely to have a cameo from another old favourite (got to love cameos from the other books, but i'm missing the lovely Leo who
Aoife
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars.

Meg and Johnny are characters I really adore and I always love coming back to see how they're doing. At this stage, they feel like old friends. Johnny's Girl takes up a few months after Baby Be Mine with Meg and Johnny happily married and with a new baby. However, Meg starts allowing herself to feel old insecurities when the family move back to LA. And then Meg gets news from Johnny that's she's been dreading...

This was cute, fun and just a nice comfort read. It
Leah
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was so excited about this Meg and Johnny novella, but I feel the whole Meg/Johnny storyline has now gone too far. They were my favourite Paige Toon couple, but Paige should have stopped after Baby Be Mine. I am interested in Jessie's series, and will definitely read it, but we don't need any more novels from Meg's perspective. She was so fun in Johnny Be Good, but she's lost that spark, they both have in Johnny's Girl and they're just retreading old ground, unfortunately.

Meg knew what she was
Catriona
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to get this on my Kindle. I read it straight away. It only took me about 15 minutes.
I loved it. It was nice to see where Meg and Johnny were at in their life together. Plus, it was a really good way to introduce Paige Toon's new book series, which comes out at the start of next year!

I've missed reading Paige Toon's books and this was a nice taster for me before the new series comes out. I may need to reread her books until then :)
Bookevin
Read this for free! Definitely a treat for Paige Toon's fans.
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok I feel a bit like I've been conned out of £1.99. 40 pages? Really? Why they didn't offer this as a freebie I'll never know! It's a good introduction to the next three young adult books in this world but not worth paying for! Rushed is the word for this one.
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Johnny's Girl Review on K-Books

"I should've known this was going to happen when I married you!
But you did marry me! For better or for worse."

Right from the moment I heard about this short novella I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I have devoured everything Paige Toon has ever written and I've adored all of them. Ever since I read her debut Lucy in the Sky I have been in love with everything Paige Toon and Johnny's Girl is no different.

Meg's life is perfect. She's married to the love/>
Erin
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This ebook exclusive short story is a follow on from Baby Be Mine, which is the sequel to one of my favourite of Paige Toon’s fabulous books, Johnny Be Good.

You should definitely read both Johnny Be Good and Baby Be Mine, if not to get to grips with the story, then to fall in love with Johnny Jefferson. In this short story we meet the now married couple living their family life in the UK. But Johnny’s work is begging them to return to LA, and usually where Johnny is concerned M
Kerryn (RatherBeReading)

Do I like that this novella was used as promotional material for a new YA series? No.
Am I probably going to read that YA series? Yes.

I enjoyed getting to spend time with Meg and Johnny again although I do wish this could have been a bit longer.

I enjoyed it though and it has got me interested in the YA book.
Sharon
May 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Read this after asking FB friends for recommendations ages ago and was looking for an easy read. Well it definitely was that!! VERY short and turns out it is basically a lead in to a new series and the end of another. Feel a bit daft! Not sure if I want to go back and read the others in the series given I know how it all turns out or if I want to try the new ones... Hmm....!
Jule
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
A very lovely introduction to Paige Toon's new YA series starring Johnny's daughter Jessie. It made me very anxious as to what is going to happen to Meg and Johnny. Jessie sounds like trouble. I can't wait for the new book!
Kim
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed catching up with this story line and can't wait for her next book to follow on this month.
Sabrina Davis
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chloe
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After finishing Baby Be Mine, I was immediately onto Johnny’s Girl and couldn’t wait to find out where their relationship was headed next. I was definitely disappointed when I realised this was such a short story, I wanted another whole book about Meg and Johnny but I do love how it leads onto the Jessie Jefferson series. I had another book in mind to read after Johnny’s Girl but after reading the ending, I immediately bought the Jessie Jefferson series purely because I feel so engrossed in Meg ...more
Dee Montoya
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Very disappointed!
I’m a huge fan of this series and of course I wanted to read every book. This one was my least favorite, and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. I paid $6.99 for this novella and I wish I hadn’t.

Johnny and Meg return to LA to the same BS and then a new twist comes into play then the book ENDS!

This felt like a prologue of the next series and I hate it.

I’m not happy with this book and I wish I hadn’t read it. Dear readers be smart and stop at book 2.
Cloverhand Reader
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not the type of person to enjoy short stories, even if they are companions to books I loved, but this one changed my mind on them. It provided the perfect bridge between the books about Johnny and Meg to the beginning of the Jessie trilogy and filled in any gaps and plot holes that were left
Chelseeeea
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it
4stars :)
Kavita Desai
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

Loved reading this# Hooked as usual with Paige Toon's books!! Cannot wait to read the secret life of Jessie Jefferson
Natasha du Plessis
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A short novella to get you ready for the next book in the series. I wonder what is going to happen next. A good little twist to the tale.
Alba
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on: http://addictivechicklit.blogspot.com...

The book continues with the story of Meg and Johnny, who after all the drama they went through in the first two books are finally together. Their first son, Barney, is four and their second son, Phoenix is eight months old. They live in England and Johnny no longer drinks nor smokes. So we could say that Meg is the one who finally changed him.

She seems quite content with their life, although she doesn't like that he has to travel so much. But Johnny mis
Samantha
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paige Toon is one of my favourite authors and when I knew she was writing a novella as a sequel for Baby Be Mine I knew I would have to read it. I have read it quite late actually, it came out over a year ago but I decided to wait so I could read her YA book based on these characters after. I am glad I read them in the correct order and that I fit the short story in before, this helped me remember what had happened and got back up to speed with the characters.

During this short story we get to m
loveandstolenkisses
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ahh Johnny and Meg - without a doubt my favorite couple.
If you have read the two previous books in the Johnny be Good series you will know how many problems they have had to get together. Drugs, girls and secrets, but now - oh god finally now they are together, and happily married.

I can't tell you how big my smile was while reading Johnny's girl. Meg and Johnny are so cute together and their happiness is so contagious. It was wonderful being back in their world.

I lo
Abigail Brown
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have read both of the books about Johnny and Meg (Johnny Be Good and Baby Be Mine) and I loved them. I preferred Baby Be Mine over Johnny Be Good because in Johnny Be Good, Johnny’s womanizing ways get a bit too much at times and he is not really an overly good guy.

Johnny and Meg are finally happy, they now have two children Phoenix and Barney. They are happily married and are doing very well. Meg is still quite insecure about some things and these insecurities increase when they m
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Santa Maybe
  • A Vintage Christmas
  • Rules for Dating a Romantic Hero
  • On a Hot August Afternoon
  • A Girl's Best Friend (A Girl #3)
  • From Notting Hill with Four Weddings . . . Actually (Actually, #3)
  • Wenn's einfach wär, würd's jeder machen
  • After Hello
  • Somebody's Wife (The Jackson Brothers, #3)
  • Joe's Wife
  • Here Come the Boys (short story)
  • Butter In The Well: A Scandanavian Woman's Tale Of Life On The Prairie (Butter In The Well Series)
  • Fünf am Meer
  • Crazy in Love at the Lonely Hearts Bookshop (Lonely Hearts Bookshop, #3)
  • Staying Away at Christmas
  • Alpha's Child (Blind Wolf #4)
  • To Have and to Hold (Nebraska Historicals, #7)
  • Living by Ear
I was born in 1975 and my dad’s career as a racing driver meant that I grew up between Australia, England and America. I worked at heat magazine for eight years as Reviews Editor, but left to have a baby. I’m now a full-time author and freelance journalist. I live in North London with my husband Greg, son Indy and daughter Idha.

Johnny Be Good (2 books)
  • Johnny Be Good (Johnny Be Good, #1)
  • Baby Be Mine (Johnny Be Good, #2)
“Jeez!You’re making me want to take you on the grass again.” 5 likes