Start by marking “Sand City Murders” as Want to Read:
Sand City Murders

Read Book* *Different edition

Sand City Murders

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  23 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A summer resort town, a failing newspaper, a time traveling detective... and murder of course!
Published August 22nd 2013 by KMACK Design

To ask other readers questions about Sand City Murders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sand City Murders

really liked it 4.00  ·

Aditi
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews, mystery
Mystery at its best!! Sand City Murders is a thoroughly engrossing as well as intriguing tale about investigation of a series of rather unusual murders.

Thanks to M.K.Alexander for providing me with an e-copy of his book in exchange for an honest review.

Patrick, who's a journo in a small town newspaper, the Sand City Chronicle, gets involved along with a Dutch detective, Tractus Fynn, in the investigation of a chain of curiously unusual murders of young women in the town. Both of the investigator
Nancy Steinle gummel
Sand city Murders by M.K. Alexander is a story about a series of murderer done through time travel. It started to go into quantum physics to explain the time travel but I got a little lost in the explanation. The story goes heavily into the morality issues of right vs wrong and good vs evil. The narrator is one of the stars of the book, Patrick Jardel the writer for the Sand City Chronicle. The other major player is Tractus Fynn. The antagonist is Mortimer who we don't meet until the end of the ...more
Philip Newey
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sand City Murders is a mystery/crime novel, with a time travel twist. It is narrated in the first person by Patrick Jardel, a reporter with a small town newspaper, the Sand City Chronicle. He becomes involved in the investigation of a series of strange murders in the town. The investigation becomes international when the Dutch detective, Tractus Fynn, is brought into the investigation because of a connection with similar crimes overseas. It soon becomes apparent to Patrick that all—and particula ...more
Lana
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a time travel novelist myself, time travel is my favorite SF trope to read. Sand City Murders was a fascinating read. Alexander achieves truly masterful subtleties with point of view. He has definitely managed a thoroughly new spin on the genre. I hope there will be more Tractus Fynn mysteries.
Rachel Parrott
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Sand City Murders is a good detective story with a great science fiction twist that opens up so many plot twist possibilities it will keep you guessing, and excited to see which turn comes next.

My copy came through Goodreads First Reads.
gary l spellman
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Unique time travel mystery

Adding time travel to murder mystery made this unique. Main character tells story in authentic engaging voice. Really enjoyable. Time travel explanations are complicated.
Nathan_petrelli
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what I was expecting going into Sand City but I came out loving it. I'm a huge fan of detective novels and science fiction but I've never read anything that combined the two genres, and it was pulled off wonderfully. I'm really looking forward to the next one!
Tony Parsons
luv 2 win/read this exciting book
Elise Stone
Oct 01, 2013 rated it liked it
M.K.
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Reviews from amazon:

Review your own work? Hmm, seems to be a dangerous precedent even though the rules here allow it. Brilliant, subtle, inventive, engaging… all these words jump to mind, but I should limit myself to some simple comments:

I am a self-professed mystery addict. I was weened on the Hardy Boys and Agatha Christie, and this novel does them both justice. I’m sure they are smiling down on me from heaven. If you love a good crime novel, this has al
Sharon
Feb 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story but I felt that at times it was bogged down with the ins and outs of time travel and less about the plot.
Paula Hofmeister
Diana Senn
Cathy
Barbara's Book Obsession
Oct 13, 2013
Making Connections: 1711. SAND CITY MURDERS by M.K. Alexander 5 28 Oct 14, 2013 01:37PM
hommages 1 5 Aug 27, 2013 09:30AM

• Beyond the Shadows
  • Country Music Broke My Brain: A Behind-the-Microphone Peek at Nashville's Famous and Fabulous Stars
  • In A Pickle
  • One More Body
  • Papal Bull: An Ex-Catholic Calls Out the Catholic Church
  • Altered Selves
  • Fallen Hopes, Taken Dreams
  • White Fire - Free Preview (first 9 chapters)
  • Dead and Godless
  • Kissed by Madness
  • The Starlight Fortress
  • Some Act of Vision
  • Obitchuary
No genre is safe from me!
(OK, maybe Romance is safe)

One thing that bugs me is the accusation that I am too subtle. Too subtle? Is this even possible? I like to give my readers some credit: I always assume they are clever, educated, and have a good sense of humor...

I've has been writing fiction for over 20 years and recently published eight new titles, as well as a short story collection. Every boo