Start by marking “Natural Love” as Want to Read:
Natural Love

Natural Love

My whole life, I wanted one thing: to be the perfect son.

Growing up, I did everything my father required. Straight A’s in school. Perfect manners. I forced myself to live up to his standards--standards that pushed the Chadwick family name to the highest rungs of society.

Over the years, we climbed so high that my father hoped we’d never fall.

If only he’d been right. With ea
Published December 9th 2014 by Lowe Interactive Media (first published December 8th 2014)

Start your review of Natural Love
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3 stars!

description

I know the rating doesn’t really show it, but I did enjoy this book up until the point I didn’t. The writing was solid and as a lover of taboo and forbidden romances, I was happy with a surprise reveal in the beginning that added yet another complex layer to the story. However, the excellent premise was overshadowed by some issues that gradually dominated the story and by the end of the book I was so disappointed when I read how everything was wrapped up. But taking the book as a whole,
Aestas Book Blog
Nov 07, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
This blurb sounds good!

STANDALONE. DEC 9, 2014.
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
☆Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review☆

TITLE: Natural Love
AUTHOR: Sara Celi
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: December 9th 2014
MY RATING: ★★★★

Starting this and even an hour in the story it felt like I was missing something like there was a previous book to this one, story line wasn't matching up to the dots but then bit by bit the author revealed titbits as I carried on reading..

How could something so natural feel so wrong!!

Everyone knows you
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
After seeing a lot of recommendations from other authors for this one we were really looking forward to reading it but sadly, it didn't work for us. The male pov felt off and it didn't grab us. No rating as we didn't finish.
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
 description....

Wish there were more stories like this; just loved it.

Carissa
Dnf'ed at 88%

This was such a struggle to get to 88%. I kept hoping there would be some saving grace. Hoped against hope! I love step sibling romances with a passion, but this one... missed the mark.
Elizabeth (Liz)
Nov 10, 2014 marked it as dnf
DNF @ 52%

Boy, was I wrong about this one. Poor writing, all tell and no show, zero chemistry. Couldn't finish it.
Jenny
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yeahhhhhh.... I'm still not sure about this one.

This could've been really good with the scandelous, taboo love affair between stepsiblings but it lacked depth.

I got kind of bored of reading about the H and his internal battles of wanting his stepsister and wanting his role at his father's company.

The conversations didn't flow right and I expected more a BOOM rather than was was provided in the end.

The climax of the story was delivered then just kind of disappeared into thin air.

There was ton
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)

If you tell me a book has a forbidden love story contained in its pages, I will be on it like white on rice. Add in an intriguing blurb and I will count the days until release. Throw in a pretty cover and I'm all in.  That was the case for this book. It had all of those things. Unfortunately, this book missed the mark for me. I felt nothing for the characters and, to be honest, a little bored by the plot.

Spencer Chadwick hasn't been back in his hometown of Cincinnati, Ohio for two years. After a
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
The sexual frustration made this book so much better. I did like the first half more than the second. It's not something I've never read before but it was still enjoyable.

I'm actually surprised at the low general rating. WTH? It was not that bad! Come on! I usually hate NA romances rated over 4.3 while everyone else salivate themselves. Maybe the prudes rated it low because of the step siblings sexy times? I think them being 'related' made it even hotter. haha
J.D. Rivera
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Natural Love was an amazing quick read. The plot is a little um... taboo but it will suck you in and have you rooting for the characters. The author did a great job of making you feel like part of the story and making the book hard to put down. Great 5 star read!
K.A. Robinson
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sara did an amazing job with this novel!

What if the one person you loved was the one you couldn't have? Would you be able to control yourself, to let the lust and need go, or would you fall from grace?
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 10, 2014 marked it as to-read
#Ooh!! I want to read this baby!!
Lisa
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Before I tell you how much I LOVED this book, I need to tell you that 1) I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review and 2) the book is dedicated to me. But before you think I am biased based on the book dedication, go back and read the dedication! When Sara told me about the rather taboo subject matter of this book, I seriously told her not to write this book because it reminded me of an after-school special I remember watching in the 1980s. Having admitted that, I'm so glad she didn't l ...more
Nancy's Romance Reads
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
2 STARS

I'm very sad to say but this book didn't work for me at all. I struggled to finish it and I did it just because I wanted to know how it was going to end but not even the fact that it ended in a somehow "happy note" appeased my overall disappointment. :(

The big problem for me was that this story didn't make me feel anything from the characters. This was supposed to be a story about a forbidden love between a stepbrother and a stepsister and from my experience, forbidden romances should hav
J. McCoy
Nov 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Review done for www.literarygossip.com

I’m not sure how I feel about Natural Love. At times I was really engaged in the story and couldn’t wait to turn the next page, and at others I found myself getting distracted and losing focus on the story. The subject matter is definitely taboo, and made me wonder how much this actually happens in real life. I didn’t find myself connected to the characters individually, or as a couple, as much as I would have liked. Instead of being shown how they grew clo
~Dawn~TUG
Dec 07, 2014 rated it liked it
**arc received from author and LBTS for an honest review, from the lushes at http://www.twounrulygirls.com **

All done..full review and rating after I think on it...
Blondies Little Book Life
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*This review may contain spoilers*

I was given an ARC for an honest review

"After a while, I lay there in the darkness and stared at the ceiling. Sleep wouldn't come either. She wouldn't help me. It teased me, just like the thoughts about Avery did, and I was sick of the game. I needed some relief, something to stop the pain. Something to stem the obsession. Something to make me forget. Or something to make me remember. Maybe just something. Not just something. Someone. Her. I needed her."

This boo
Three Chicks
Dec 21, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Review by Jen Hagen

One of my favorite genre of books is the taboo love story. In this book we have an illicit affair between Spencer and Avery whom are step siblings. The story is told solely through Spencer’s words.

Spencer is 24 years old and has just returned from a 2-year stint in the Peace Corps, of which his father used his money, power, and resources to enable Spencer a spot. This was done as a means to curb Spencer’s unruly behavior which stemmed from alcohol indulgence. Spencer
Anna
Dec 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Everyone in the Chadwick house is supposed to be perfect. This has been repeatedly drilled into Spencer's head since he was a child. Years of pressure and secrets are starting to become unbearable and Spencer's struggles to figure out how to move forward when mistakes aren't allowed, and what he wants most in the world, he absolutely can't have.

There is definitely some mild taboo action going on here between Spencer and Avery who are step-siblings. They have grown up together, which adds a bit
Lyndsey
DNF at 70%. I tried y'all, really I did. This was such a let down. I rarely, rarely don't finish a book but this was so repetitive and lackluster.
Mertxe
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I
Sophia
Dec 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
It was a good story but from the wrong point of view, in my opinion. If we could "hear" or read Avery story, if you like, and not Spencer's, it would be more interesting, again, in my opinion! :-)
valeria
Sep 20, 2020 rated it liked it
It was ok, kind of boring to read how Spencer fought for what he felt for Avery and his work in his father's company
Book-Bosomed  blog
Nov 12, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

After being shipped off to two years in the Peace Corp in South Africa, Spencer Chadwick, 24, returns to his family home in Ohio poised to take his position in the family business. The Chadwicks are rich and his father is more focused on appearances and the integrity of the Chadwick name to the point that most of the family members, in an attempt to avoid blemishing the family image, are suppressing their own demons and running away from the things that haunt them. This includes Spencer
Katie
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Sara Celi and was super excited to learn of her new book. Of course this is another fantastic new adult romance with something a little different in the forbidden love theme. As is the norm for Ms Celi’s books, Natural Love was fabulously written and I again loved the book written from a male point of view. With surprises along the way, this was unpredictable and the forbidden love aspect was appealing.

Spencer Chadwick is a twenty-four year old that was exiled for two years to
Allie Burke
Dec 08, 2014 rated it liked it
I think, with the evolution of the independent publishing industry, I am easily wooed to titles, despite their somewhat-negative reviews. I was lucky, in this case, that I didn't follow my first instinct, which was to buy the paperback as soon as I saw it. The cover represents gorgeous writing, and the blurb makes some grand promises, but neither are delivered by this book. In fact, in my opinion, the cover doesn't match the story at all. But it is marketed very well, and I had to have it.

I gave
Mary Tatar
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Spencer returns home after two years of being away in Africa working in the Peace Corp. He is intent on proving his worth in the family business after his past mistakes. When he returns he finds his stepsister who has matured plenty in the last two years. Spencer is focused on impressing his Father with his knowledge of his company, but he becomes distracted with reconnecting with Avery. Every minute they spend together he is reminded how his feelings he carries for her are wrong. They are both ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: please add kindle edition 2 28 Dec 05, 2014 07:41AM

• Filthy Liar: The Complete Series
  • The Beckett Boys: The Complete Series Box Set (Books 1-8)
  • Cocky Bastard
  • Alaska Wild
  • Wildfire (Wine Country Mysteries Book 1)
  • Hudson (Thoroughly Educated, #1)
  • The Dark River Secret (Secrets Book 2)
  • Under Colorado Skies
  • Depravity (King University, #1)
  • Dirty English (English, #1)
  • On A Night Like This (Callaways, #1)
  • C is for Corpse  (Kinsey Millhone, #3)
  • Clouds of Witness (Lord Peter Wimsey, #2)
  • Fireflies - A Tale of Life and Death (Heroes Next Door Trilogy, #1)
  • The Black Moth
  • The Nursing Home Murder (Roderick Alleyn, #3)
  • Journey (Journey #1)
  • Butterflies - A Tale of Love and Friendship (Heroes Next Door Trilogy, #2)
New Orleans born Sara Celi has lived all over the United States. She calls the Greater Cincinnati area and the Queen City home.

She has spent more than a decade working in journalism and broadcasting, with jobs both on-air and off-air at TV stations in Louisiana, Ohio, and Oklahoma. Her work has appeared in numerous online publications, magazines and newspapers, and she is a contributing author to

News & Interviews