Start by marking “Ravenous Virtue (To Protect and Service #1)” as Want to Read:
Ravenous Virtue (To Protect and Service #1)

Ravenous Virtue

(To Protect and Service #1)

Raven Virtue is a ranger with the National Park Service, trying to bring a human slave trafficker to justice. When he slips away due to a technicality, she knows more innocent women will fall prey to this monster unless she can catch him.

Daagiis is from an alternate dimension. A shape-shifting Paatiin warrior, Daagiis has come to our Earth in order to find a protector for
Published August 25th 2013 by Tracy St. John

To ask other readers questions about Ravenous Virtue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ravenous Virtue

Sophia Triad
“Which of us is having an end of life hallucination?”
“You’re almost out of time. Do you want to live?”

Raven Virtue, a US park range, will have her life completely changed when just before she dies she realises that aliens exist.
Not only that, she will also realise that the man who was chasing (and who she thought is a human trafficker) is also an alien who sells human girls in space.
And moreover Raven herself is under testing by Daagiis who looks for another protector for his boss/lover/owner/fr
 Rosebud
Just when Raven Virtue thinks a sex trade trafficker will experience justice first hand, a technicality sets him free. Life as a US park ranger isn't the most glamorous of careers, but the thought that she would have made a difference and saved future victims from the fate of the other women made her feel important and proud. The opportunity now lost, she returns to her duties of illegal campfire citations, littering, and protecting the national park system with thoughts of what could have been. ...more
Christine
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: x-botb-2013
I'm so happy that I discovered this recent St. John story. I've been getting through her "Clans of Kalquor" series, and never realized that she had a new (in August) book out.

I agree with others' reviews and comments about the tone of "Ravenous Virtue." Seems like our little Tracey has grown up.....:) "Ravenous" and the Kalquor books share some of the same story elements...alien abduction, D/s, menage...but the Kalquor stories are much gentler and sweeter. "Ravenous" explores S & M, and it's
CaroleDee
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I usually don't review the 'darker romance' books that I read. I review a lot 'sweeter' romance and erotic romance for the blog, so when I read books like this it's for pure enjoyment.
Well, after reading some pretty ridiculous reviews on Amazon, I had to throw my two cents in, when I typically wouldn't:

Great book for the RIGHT audience.
If you're a fan of darker erotic romance (think Fallen Star or Deadly Captive or Comfort Food ) Ravenous Virtue should be right up your alley.

If your exp
Daria
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for http://www.romfanreview.com and http://www.manicreaders.com/

I actually didn't think I would like this story, but I loved it. I've been reading a lot of Sci-Fi lately, and the author kept it interesting. The flow of the story and how the characters interacted kept me reading. Raven is a ranger with all kind of attitude that is used to being in control. She finds herself at deaths door when she is "saved", and carted off to a world she didn't know existed.

Vendeen is a Interstellar Ju
Lisa Jo
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sci-Fi/Erotica lovers
Tracey St. John always gets out there with her Alien Factor! This is a darker story with more BDSM than her Kalquor series clanmen. It's pretty HOT if you're into shiftchanger/alpha dual men giving it to you. Bring on the menage' a trois! Strong female who gets programmed with all the "right stuff" after she dies & is taken by aliens. Save the alien world & all that. There are asassins galore & appearances and words are everything. A little too much tension. I would have given this 3 ...more
Jaycee
Aug 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Puts me in mind of another favourite, Morgan Hawke's "Interstellar Discipline" series.

I didn't feel it as "dark" as described, because it was well evident that an initially loving, if grudging relationship was there. And as with all good romance for me, it ended with a fully realized and delightfully kinky one!

I easily invested in all the characters and appreciated that UNLIKE the usual, the mental conflicts didn't just disappear.

Good story. Hope it morphs into a series. Mikroe wold be kick-as
Terri
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark romance;

This was different from other books I've read from this author - you need thick skin to read the almost dark romance that this book is- lots of pain before pleasure- forced sex acts, and not just between the two masters, the heroine is forced to endure a female making her come as well as a stylist who gives her oral why putting Clit clips on her. I had a hard time with this book because it didnt read like love between the loan characters, to me, it was sadistic sex and sex play. If
Timeforme
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Some aspects of this book were difficult for me but it was very well done and over all, I was really like it and am rating it at 3.5. I would have given it a 4 but felt that the ending sort of fell apart (view spoiler)
Bayleaf
Dec 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: high-octane
Quite a fun read. Finished in one day. Very steamy. I appreciated the fact that in this (only the second BDSM book I've ever read) the woman appears strong-minded and enjoys the acts for what they are. Raven is no simpering wimp, that's for sure. Cover art is fantastic! Provided an excellent visual to get the creative juices going.
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
By all accounts this should have been a home run. Not so. I could not get into it easily, I found the characters uni-dimensional and a bit boring. It did get better - but the effort to read it was more than I am normally willing to put in. It is sort of harsher - but with a weird edge that I didn't engage with. YMMV.
W Dawn
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent way to begin a new series. Very intertwining. Mysterious. Adventurous. Totally Erotic. Could take my eyes off until I finished. Very well done, Tracy. I look forward to your next one.
Melissa Weeks
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
it was action packed and the love is romatic
Nancy Walters
May 14, 2016
Chantal
May 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Monroe & Zachery (Club El Diablo #8; Angel's Doms #2)
  • Bind and Keep Me (Pierced Hearts, #2)
  • Kneel, Mr. President
  • Kept
  • Together in Cyn (Members Only, #1)
  • Sirens in Bliss (Texas Sirens, #8.5; Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #10)
  • The Gentlemen's Club (Noire #1)
  • Gaige (Captive to the Dark, #3)
  • Under His Heel (Under His Heel, #1)
  • The Scholomance
  • The Naughty Corner
  • Commander's Slave (Alien Warriors #2)
  • Just Ask
  • Set Me Free (Bound Forever, #1)
  • Into the Ashes (The Arcadians Book 2)
  • Their Ruthless Sadist (Office Intrigue #5)
  • Remember Me (Entwined Fates, #5)
  • Auctioned (8392, #1)
Born in a small town on the coast of North Carolina to strict parents, Tracy St. John started out as a quiet, shy child. She was typical for her small town: studying hard for good grades, fishing with her dad on Saturdays and attending church on Sundays.

When adolescence kicked in, so did full-on rebellion. School, family and church fell by the wayside as Tracy partied too hard with the wrong peopl

To Protect and Service (2 books)
  • Righteous Fury (To Protect and Service #2)