Start by marking “What Remains” as Want to Read:
What Remains

What Remains

**NO LONGER AVAILABLE**

I'd never known true darkness until the lights went out.
I had never known what it was to be hungry.
Everyone I ever knew was dead. If they weren't, then they wished they were.
I know I did.

Prue Ashford has been surviving alone in the Australian bush for the last three years. After an unknown virus wiped out most of the human population, she escaped the
Kindle Edition
Published October 15th 2013 (first published October 5th 2013)

Rachel Tsoumbakos
Oct 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Okay, so recently I did a cover reveal for this book and I was blown away by the cover – so much so that I went out and bought the book and pushed all my other review books aside so I could read this one!

Was it worth it?

Mostly.

Parts of this book I found completely captivating and raw. Some parts hurt to read with their clarity of how a person might cope with the life and death decisions that have to be made after a catastrophic world event.

Other parts left me wanting, but not in a great way. I f
Ari
Prue Ashford has spent three years living alone after a disease and the resulting anarchy took away her family and her life. Most of that time she’s been living out bush, where the only humans she’s come across where thieves, murderers, rapists or literal human monsters. She made a choice, to live and kill rather than lie down and die.

Then she meets Shaw. In contrast to everything she knows about this new world, he saves her life and takes her to a town where there are decent people. The town’s
Nicole Taylor
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Out now!!!

Amazon

Smashwords

Dawnn Fuss
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great take of End Of Times

There are so many "End of Days" options. This was a pleasant divergence from the norm. Readers want these characters to survive and want to continue their journey with them.
Lauryn
Jan 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
What remains after a mysterious virus wipes out most of the population? Nicole R. Taylor explores just that, creating a world where those who survive the illness into some kind of mutant-zombies and the rest who escaped infection are left to endure in a greatly altered landscape. What Remains examines the effects of isolation and the emotional impact of having to do horrible things in the name of survival.

Prue Ashford hasn’t spoken to another human in three years, at least, not to another human
Alice
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, favorites
4.5 Stars

This is one of those books that I would like the author to risk again and write a sequel or another story but with these elements.

No wonder that Nicole R. Taylor is one of Alice's favorite authors. When it came to light this story, I think we were all euphoric by his brother The Devil's Tattoo (even we are for the next release of the book 2). I was able to hosting the cover to reveal, is beautiful, very fresh, unlike the dark colors that Nicole has accustomed us to see on their covers.
Kirstie
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book blew me away. The story, the plot, the characters, WOW - just WOW!

I was especially proud that the story takes place in this Beautiful Country, Australia. I love the fact that the characters in the story were not stereo typically Australian...though Ms Taylor cleverly played some great colloquialisms into the dialogue!

The main character, Prue, has been a survivour the last few years. She has done it all on her own. Prue has made an agreement with herself that people are too much hard wo
Lydia Jones
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Firstly, I placed this book on my want Christmas list hoping I'd find a new love for a book. I was intrigued by the Dystopian genre that I have grew fondly of. I honestly, can say I actually enjoyed this book.
Maybe Prue's discomfort, childish running away from others began to get irritating, however in the perspective of someone left alone in the wild for 3 years without speaking to anyone or having to go through so many challenges created this new unique dangerous protagonist who only minimall
Marika
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this book, I like the story, but I really love Prue.
I think she is strong and determined, someone you can count on, someone that, even though she prefers to stay by herself, will give everything she has to protect the ones she loves. She survived, all by herself, she faced horrible things and situations and she coped the only way she knew how, yet she still has in her to trust others.
Shaw, well, mostly I liked him, but I considered him important only at one end, for Prue's happiness, but
Ceri
May 13, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a great story but I feel it could have been longer. AS much as I loved the main character Prudence, I feel that I missed something. Pru has been on her own in the bush of Australia since a virus wiped out most of the population 3 years before. She manages to survive, when most of humanity will slit your throat before talking to you. That is until the day Shaw and Pru cross paths. I think my problem is this book could have become so much more. This story could have carried through severa ...more
Robbie
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Is this a real book?

I can't tell who this book is for, there's violence and a post apocalyptic setting...but it's all filled with romance? "I wish there was more making out on the Walking Dead" said nobody ever. I read the whole thing because occasionally the action got good, but overall there are dozens of other books in a setting like this that have better characters and story. There's very little "why" which is always fun with an end of the world book. And not much with any new discoveries of
J A C I N T A
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW this book is certainly different!!!

Nicole game me a chance to read this book for an honest review and I must say I was glad I was given that chance.

When I first started reading this book I found it really hard at the beginning but you wanna keep reading to know what happens. About 20% in it started to get really good and I couldn't put the book down.

The way Nicole has captured the story is really different and in amazing way. I don't usually read books like this but I am glad I really did.

A
Jennifer Wilson
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This isn't my normal genre, but decided since it was free when I got it, I'd give it a shot. It takes place in a post-apocalyptic world, after sickness takes the lives of almost all of humanity. I loved how physically strong Prue was. She was, and really she had to be mentally strong to survive for three years in the wilderness. I would read a sequel to this book!
Michelle Bacon
Dec 08, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Best part of this book was it ended. I started to stop reading in the beginning,but the reviews looked good so I plugged away. I don't believe the reviews reflect the true ratings this should have gotten. Sorry this one just didn't do it for me at all. I didn't like it at all.
Alma
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
3,5 stars
Taylor M. Barbour
What Remains was a good book with an interesting plot. Nicole created a vivid, post-apocalyptic world.

The characters and the romance, unluckily, did not appeal to me.
Bill
Breeanna Hairston
Dec 18, 2014
Judy
Mar 20, 2015
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
rated it did not like it
Feb 04, 2016
Gerri
Apr 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • In Too Deep (The Lovers Duet, #2)
  • Remnant
  • Ping: From the Apocalypse (Ping #1)
  • Steady Beat
  • Resurrection Vengeance
  • Always Me (Shattered, #2)
  • Bones of the Fair (Darest, #2)
  • Necropolis (The Shadow Wars, #1)
  • Irradiated (The Tunnel Trilogy, #1)
  • A Dark Road
  • In Control (The City, #2)
  • Homecoming (Cloaked Devices #0.5)
  • Gold Medal Winter
  • The Reset
  • New Money
  • Savaged
  • Never Goodbye (Albany Boys, #1)
  • Torch Song (Blackjack, #1)
Nicole R. Taylor is an Australian Urban Fantasy author.
She lives in the western suburbs of Melbourne dreaming up nail biting stories featuring bad-ass witches, duplicitous vampires, hunky shape shifters and devious monsters.
She likes chocolate, cat memes and video games.
When she’s not writing, she likes to think of what she’s writing next.

AVAILABLE SERIES: