Start by marking “Out of the Shadows (Werewolf Wars, #1)” as Want to Read:
Out of the Shadows (Werewolf Wars, #1)

(Werewolf Wars #1)

In an attempt to save his sister, Emily, from becoming a breeder, Devon Harris defies his alpha and flees his home with his sister. His actions lay the foundation for a war between the packs. They seek refuge at his Uncle Rick's ranch, and there, he meets the fiery human Lark. In the midst of a war, does he dare let himself fall for her?

Rick Harris has been like a second f
Published August 26th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Shadows

Start your review of Out of the Shadows (Werewolf Wars, #1)
Coco.V
Jun 08, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/8/2020)! 🎁
Yona
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, shifters
3 -3.5 stars
The story was slow to develop and it took me a while to warm up to the characters, but it wasn't bad.
A. Cook
Out of the Shadows Slow start with an exciting finish. Sassy and spunky heroine and a hunky, ill tempered, misunderstood hero. Great secondary characters (especially Vincent) and the storyline is straightforward. Looking forward to see what the gulf packs have in store.

Happy Reading Everyone!!!

A. Cook
Nov 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Sandee
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
A story of good shifters escaping and challenging bad shifters, a romance with the usual challenges and family dynamics. Interesting but a bit violent for my tastes. If you enjoy shifter romance with good and evil you will enjoy this book.
~`*Ella Lee*`~
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. At first I felt like the story (love story) was taking too long to form, but when it finally did, the book went from 3 stars straight to 4. If your like me, you love shifter romances because of the whole yummy "mine" things the alphas do. It's kind of like you are guaranteed a happy ending, in one way or another, and after some of the books I read, I definitely need it.
I liked this book because the trouble was "after" them and not between them. There were no lies or c
Elizabeth
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Out of the Shadows

I enjoyed reading this book. Werewolves and regular folks band together to fight a growing menace threatening the women of the group. I did not like the abrupt ending designed to force me onto the next book. If this is not an issue for you it's a nice easy read.
Deborah
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book has been sitting on my kindle for a couple of months now and had it not been for the prequel novella 'Forbidden Hope' I most likely would never have actually got round to reading it. This book picks up where 'Forbidden' closed, well to be exact there's a slight overlap but it starts with Devon, Emily and Vincent arriving at Uncle Ricks seeking sanctuary.
I like the whole idea behind this series and I'm looking forward to future books but I have to say the whole Devon and Lark hot, cold,
J.M. Davis
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the ebb and flow of Lark and Devon's relationship. Their "oil and water" personalites made for a great tease on what would happen next, and what would ultimately become of this fiesty duo. I like the simplicity, but yet complex dynamics of the werewolves and their politics. I appreciate the fact that this book concentrated on werewolves, and it didn't require any other "paranormal" elements. If you're a fan of paranormal romances, then I suggest this book. I look forward to reading the ...more
Lisa
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love Ms. Shaws writing style. It's grabs a hold of you and flows like water with occasional surprise twist and turns. Her stories are without a doubt written from her heart. Her characters are well developed full characters. Devon and Lark are a great couple and fun. Their I hate you, I love you relationship growing pains are funny and endearing. The sex is HOT. This is really a great start to a new series. Loved it !!!

Thanks for allowing me to ARC for you once again.
Carolyn Borgen
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a great book that got me out of my reading funk. However, I would like to note that there are some small grammar errors throughout. If this is something that would drive you nuts, wait for the updated version to be uploaded. If you can read past it, than you'll like the book.
Mary Winstead
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lark and Sarah have been living on their own for three years after their parents tragic death. They both know the Harris ranch is werewolves. Lark found out quite a few years ago when Devon got into a motorcycle accident one summer. When Devon returns with a few people to find shelter he runs into lark. Lark director well with one night stands and Devon doesn't do well with relationships. These two are like oil and water at first but some how things work out with twists and turns making you not ...more
Sophie Thompson
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just WOW

I absolutely loved this book. This is the book I chose to read to get myself back into my reading. I use to be a book worm but unfortunate events took that away from me. Reading this took me back into what I call my book world. My emotions was atuned to everthing that happened. Ive read some good books bjt this by far more than that. I cant wait to continure reading this series.
Donna Langley
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG

I love Bethany's books. So detailed she never Leaves anything out! You get so engrossed in the story like your their, you Lark!! And your falling in love with stubborn Devon!! I have a feeling a lots brewing between the gulf pack. I wish Devon would just except that lark is his mate!! You just know annnddd Natalia and gene. I think she's his mate, I wanna know what the bell she's been threw to be so skiddish. Good read peeps you'll love this book. On to the next!! 😘😘😁😁
T.
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
I downloaded Out of the Shadows as a free book from Amazon. I enjoyed this UF story, which followed traditional tropes--so no real surprises. Shaw did a wonderful job with world-building and creating likeable characters. Nicely plotted and well-paced. A few areas could have been clearer or expanded, but a good read.
Carmen
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspense and Terror

This was a deeply intense book. There is a lot going on and the story is full of intrigue, so much do that I could not put it down. I loved the way the characters are developed and each chapter gave a little more insight into them. I can tell this will be a very interesting series and can't wait to read thge next book.
Lola Donnelley
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed reading about the Werewolf family!!

I really enjoyed reading about Lara and Dev. This is a fast paced novel with compelling characters. Its just the tip of the story and I'm looking forward to reading the rest!
Tena Barnes
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story.

Oh my you have drama,action and a love story all in one. This book kept me on the edge of my chair. But I know that you will love this story like I do. I can't wait til I read the next book in this series
Beverly
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strength

The storyline was wonderful, I have quite reading some aruthers. The story is real important to any book .
The strength of the family love in the one was great. I couldn't put it down. I hope the other books are this good.
Sophia
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This book actually surprised me quite a bit I usually keep to authors I like, but I was getting bored and decided on this book. which I am actually glad I did. The story was great and I fell on love with the characters!
Dalene
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is dynamite! I love the characters and the the action. Bethany Shaw knows how to write a story which brings the reader into it. The characters seem as if you have known them all your life and you feel what they feel. On to the next one in the series!
Paula
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

I enjoyed Bethany's style of writing, she captured me which is hard to do lol.
The characters were believable, and getting to know them was awesome. I have bought book two, I need to know what happens.
Terri Pray
Couldn't bring myself to care about the characters, good writing but not the book for me.
Natalie
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Out of the Shadows

I hope they kill Juarez this time because I know he is coming for them. I hope they find out before it's too late that Maddie is a traitor.
Nicolette Clark
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Omg

Edge of your seat thrilling, heart racing adventure, amazing storyline, and engrossing and sexy romance. What more could you want?
Michelle
So so so slow. I actually thought I was going to add it to the DNF shelf. But I persevered and finished it.

Wasn’t the worst book ever.. but I don’t know if I will continue with the series.
Tammy Jo Walling
I really enjoyed this book. Easy to get into & let the imagination fill in the very few blanks. ...more
kendell perdue
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

This book was.good easy to call in love with the people and can't wait to see what happens in the next one
Mnms
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Fragmented and as if she wants to do everything at the same time. It ends up being rather superficial.
Monica
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I agree that this book was slow to start, but I did keep reading it because the story was interesting. Although it was slow at first I did like the writing style. I don't read really long books often because I get bored unless its a favorite author. Bethany Shaw is new to me.

Devon and his 3 siblings and a friend steal away in the night to prevent his younger sister from being a pawn/breeder to some pack their father traded her to. Now, Devon is technically their step-sibling but he's an alpha an
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Bite Me (Bitten, #1)
  • Omega (War of the Alphas, #1)
  • The Vampires Spell (Taken By The Night #1)
  • Gathering Tinder (Kindling Flames #1)
  • Lost Wolf (Curse of the Moon, #1)
  • The Dryad's Pawprint (The Paranormal Council #1)
  • The Alpha's Mate
  • Blood Price: Paranormal Vampire Romance (Blood Immortal Book 1)
  • Emily's Story (Fang Chronicles, #2)
  • Claiming Mia (Dot Com Wolves 1)
  • Fire of the Wolf (The Gray Pack #1)
  • Vampire Mage (Clutch Mistress, #1)
  • A Vampire Bewitched (Deathless Night #1)
  • Thrill of the Chase (City Shifters: the Pride, #1)
  • Fire Maidens: Paris Rose (Billionaires & Bodyguards #0.5)
  • Alpha's Blood (Midnight Doms #1)
  • Distracting the Dragon (Dragon Forged, #1)
  • Lone Wolf's Claim (The Kincaid Werewolves #1)
I am happily married to my husband of almost nine years and have two wonderful children.

I have always loved reading and writing and am thrilled to have published my first novel.

Paranormal romance is my go to genre and the genre I prefer to write in. I love the unique feel of creating an entirely different world and implementing it into the human verse.

Werewolf Wars (4 books)
  • Into the Unknown (Werewolf Wars, #2)
  • Finding Our Way