Start by marking “Chained (Roman Holiday #1)” as Want to Read:
Chained (Roman Holiday #1)

Chained

(Roman Holiday #1)

Meet Ashley and Roman—complete opposites who can’t hide their attraction—in Episode 1 of Ruthie Knox’s eBook original serial, Roman Holiday.

Ashley Bowman is having a bad week. Reeling from the death of her beloved grandmother, she returns to the Florida Keys only to learn that a heartless Miami developer has gotten hold of the crappy vacation rentals she calls home. Ash
Published November 11th 2013 by Loveswept

Start your review of Chained (Roman Holiday #1)
♥Rachel♥
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-e-book
Roman Holiday is the start of a 5 part mini-series, each installment released one week apart. Chained is the first installment and starts out fun and snarky with our potential love interests, Ashley and Roman, completely at odds with each other. Some of the best romances start off that way, don’t you think? I certainly do.

When we meet Ashley and Roman they are locked in a battle over Sunnyvale Vacation Rentals. Roman is the cliché heartless businessman who wants to tear them down Ashley’s belov
Dee Montoya
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*****5 Paradise Stars*****

Ashley has chained herself to a palm tree in the center of the beach apartment complex her deceased grandma used to owned. Her Gran sold it before she died and Ashley is trying to prevent the contractor and new owner from demolishing the place were she grew up. Ashley is a free-spirited, she travels around the world, never keeping a job or a man but every winter she comes back to her haven on the beach and she is prepared to fight until the end to keep it. Roman Diaz is
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I am becoming a BIG Ruthie Knox fan.

I usually have major issues with M/F contemporary romances. They tend to irritate me, really rub me the wrong way. However, this author manages to write them in such a way that they are light, fun, easy-peasy reading.

"Chained" is the first the serial "Roman Holiday" and is totally worth picking up. I usually dislike serials (they are such a tease!) but this one was irresistible. I swear. Just the beginnings of sexual tension, the hint of stubbornness, the exc
Jaime Arkin
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ruthie Knox has a fan for life in me... I was able to read the first three of these serials back to back (lucky me <-- no lie) and I'm dying for more.

In the first 'episode' we meet our main characters. Ashley, has recently lost her grandmother and along with the one person who tied her down to earth the place she had considered her home.

Her grandmother sold the vacation rental that Ashley was hoping to inherit one day to a Miami developer named Roman Diaz. And she never told Ashley a thing abou
Geri Reads
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Solid Stars

This is one instance where I won't complain about this being a serial. Ruthie Knox surely knows how to whet my appetite.

Can't wait for more!!!

ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review..
Jen
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a great start to this series! I can't wait t read them all!! Full review to come once I finish the series.

ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Crista
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

5 stars!

Chained by Ruthie Knox is a quirky, funny, and purely entertaining read that is unfortunately only the first of five episodes. I will admit to being an instant gratification type of reader, so take that into consideration if you just heard my small rant.

Ruthie Knox’s books make me laugh, smile, and just plain “feel good”, and Episode 1: Chained, is no exception.

This lively little gem is aptly named because it starts out with our heroine Ashley Bowma
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy

What dos the sexy free spirit of a girl who is currently chained to a palm tree have in common with a sexy, mysterious, broody and cold Canadian(?) Latin man???

Ooooh just an old, old, old and run-down model in Key West... legacy Ashley is fighting to keep while legacy Roman is trying to build.

It's the fight of the wills.... can't wait to see who wins!

I enjoyed this shortie. As previous stories by Ruthie Knox it has a cute chick-flicky vibe to this book with just a nice tease of sex appeal and sp
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)

ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review.

There really wasn't much to the story. I can see where it's going, but in the meantime I'm kinda lost. I know almost nothing about these characters. Why Ramon thinks Ashley has "wasted all of her opportunities."

I left this book, more confused. I'm not sure I care enough about anything that's happened or the characters to want to read the next installment.

Sorry, just didn't give me anything to anticipate or build on.
Susan (susayq ~)
My first taste of Ruthie Knox and I've got to say - I'm dying to read more by her if the rest of her stuff is as good as this! Even though this was short, I felt like I got to know the characters pretty well and I can't wait to see how Ashley continues to surprise Roman. That Ashley is feisty little thing that had me laughing out loud :)

ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley
Sunny
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Roman Holiday 1: Chained is the first book in a 5 part series from Ruthie Knox. On the surface, it is a story of opposites being attracted to one another … well, at least there is a hint of that. In this installment, it is about the opposites butting heads.

Ruthie Knox captures a genuine emotion and flushes it out, something she does so well. Ashley Bowman is reeling from the death of her grandmother. This is a woman who became her bedrock after the death of her parents. It is the grandmother who
Shirley Frances
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
After everything else has failed in saving the place she calls home, Ashley has no choice but to take matters into her own hands - she chained herself to a palm tree on the premises. She acted on impulse and didn't think things through enough, but she's determined to make a difference, Latin hottie be dammed!

Roman is not amused nor is he happy to find Ashley chained to that palm tree and halting the progress on his new development. A ruthless business man, Roman is the epitome of the tall, dark
Jenn
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jenn by: Emily Elizabeth
I had been seeing this book pop up all over my feed on Goodreads, but it wasn't until my blog partner pushed me to read it that I finally did it. And I'm very happy with that outcome. Roman Holiday was exactly what I needed after reading both an extremely long book and one that didn't live up to its hype. It was short, sweet, sassy and left me wanting more.

When Ashley discovers that her Grandmother sold the apartment complex where she grew up before she died to an up and coming developer, she d
Laura (Kyahgirl)
4/5; 4 stars; A-

Thank you to Net Galley and Random House for the opportunity to read and review parts of Roman Holiday before publication.

I am already a big fan of Ruthie Knox and she is a go-to author for me when I want to read contemporary romance that is character driven and lighthearted but, by no means, light-weight.

I think Roman Holiday is going to be 'road romance' but this first part is the introduction before the characters start their journey. In this segment, Ashley and Roman meet f
Bethany
Oct 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Chained is part one of the five part series Roman Holiday. When I first saw the book I figured it was Holiday themed but I was wrong. It’s not but that’s okay, I still really enjoyed Chained.

In Chained we get introduced to Ashley Bowman and Roman Diaz. Ashley has received two very devastating news, her Grandmother has passed away and the one place she calls home has been sold. Roman Diaz is an up and coming developer. He just scored some prime real estate. Now he just needs to bulldoze the place
Angela
A few months ago I read my first Ruthie Knox book, and I haven't looked back since. She writes some of the best contemporary romances I've come across and instantly propelled herself to a favorite of mine with her Camelot series. I admit, I'm not a fan of serialized novels in general; too frequently they feel cut off, incomplete, and altogether less than they should be. So, it was with mixed expectations that I started this, Part 1 of Roman Holiday - Chained.

See full review at my blog or booklik
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free ARC of Chained from Loveswept via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

Very short story, part of an e-book serial. Quite a few things made little sense, but it was still funny.

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Ellen W-S
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ruthie Knox sets up a wonderful story in this first of five part series. Roman is set to demolish Ashley's family resort after the death of her grandparents. What better way to prevent demolition than to chain yourself to the closest palm tree.
Beth
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Roman Holiday 1: Chained was an utterly belly deep LOL story of the collision of Ashley Bowman and Roman Diaz worlds. Electrifying atrraction, heart felt emotion and hysterical situations dominate this fabulous story.

I completely loved Ashley with her impulsive but deeply caring ways. She's suffering from the loss of her grandmother and takes the zany idea of a local to chain herself to a tree, in a bikini, with no food or water.

Roman seems like the typical property mogul but deep down you see a
Irene
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-author, romance
5 stars

What a great start to a series!

Firstly let me say I'm a HUGE fan of Ruthie Knox so I knew going in I was going to enjoy these books. I didn't just enjoy them I loved them!

I was very lucky to be able to read the first 3 books and I'm dying to get my hands on the next instalments.

Right from the start I knew this was going to be different from other series I've read. Ruthie starts with her authors note, she gives us a cocktail, makes us get all comfy and off we go on this journey with her a
Dianne
Everybody loves a rebel, that person who just says, I’ve had enough, I’m taking a stand, right? If so, you’re going to love Ashley Bowman. Out of desperation and a tremendous sense of loss over the demolition of her family’s affordable and cozy family vacation rentals Ashley takes her stand, literally, chained to a tree in an effort to stop business mogul Roman Diaz from bulldozing her childhood haven. Get ready to chuckle, smile and roll your eyes as these two square off and only the force of M ...more
Annie

CHAINED is the first in Ruthie’s Knox’s serial, Roman Holiday. It features an admirable, endearing and highly determined heroine named Ashley who just won’t back away from what she truly believes in.

The opening scene aptly sets the tone for this instalment in the serial. True to Knox’s writing, it’s packed with flirty banter, endearing characters and that so important spark of chemistry between opposites.

At only 40 pages long, it’s a quickie that’s perfect for something to read before you di
Julie
Roman Holiday: Chained by Ruthie Knox is a part one of a series. This is a short story/novella published by Random House / LoveSwept, and released in 2013.

Set in the Florida Keys, Ashley is overcome by grief for the loss of her grandmother and the shock of finding out that she had been sick and hadn't said anything to her about it. Not only that she has sold her property to land developer, Roman Diaz.
In an emotional and angry frame of mind, Ashley chains herself to a tree on her grandmother's p
Negine
Nov 21, 2013 rated it liked it
I usually steer clear of serialized books since they test my patience. But guess what? They can be rather addictive just like a favorite weekly TV show, and yes, frustrating because inevitably I want to devour it all at once. However, since they only require the smallest chunk of time commitment not only has this format been working for me, particularly when I'm busy, they also force me to stop...and speculate.

I've read most of Ruthie Knox's books and to varying degrees have enjoyed them so I wa
Lisazj1
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I totally forgot what serial stories do to me...drive me nuts! Because I'm dying for the next one!

Ashley Bowman is staging a protest...by chaining herself to a palm tree on her deceased grandmother's beach condo property, or what used to be her property. Ashley has lost the only person who ever loved her, and she has no intention of letting this money-grubbing Miami land developer tear down the only place on earth that she has ever considered home.

But Roman Diaz doesn't see it that way. As far a
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Source: eARC for Honest Review from Loveswept (Random House) via NetGalley

With serial novels I love and hate them but Ms. Knox knows how to reel you in and keep you hooked.

This is the first part of a serial novel where we get to meet the hair brain Ashley and the stick up the mud Roman.

Ashley is about to lose her dreams and memories with Roman's plans of expansion in the Florida area where she grew up. Determined to stop this she makes an impulse decision which puts her face to face with Roman
Ginger at GReadsBooks
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
What a fantastic start to another addictive story from Ruthie Knox! In this first ebook serialization of Roman Holiday, we meet Ashely and Roman, two people who find themselves in quite the predicament. While Ashley literally chains herself to the property of her grandmother's Florida Keys 1960s resort, Roman is there with his demolition crew to wipe the area clean in order to develop his fancy new Floridian resort. With a hurricane approaching, Ashley's quick reckless thinking comes up with a p ...more
Claire
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-swept
A great start to a new serialised novel by Ruthie Knox. I am not a big fan of these serialised type books, but I have adored everything that I have ever read by Ruthie, so I have relaxed my thinking on this occasion.

Ashley and Roman are as different as two people can be. The former free-spirited and happy to drift along from one thing to the next. The latter an extremely focused, straight laced, down-the-line type of guy.

The only thing that is constant in Ashley's life is her Grandmother and th
namericanwordcat
In total, this book will cost about $4.95 once you have purchased all the parts. It is fun and sexy and likely worth that price.

This first installment is very short. We get an opening scene and two/maybe three really good scenes between the hero and the heroine. The heroine is chained to a tree in protest for most of them. He is calm and ruthless. She is off her nut a little. Good times.

I am sure the unraveling of his uptightness is going to be a blast and the on road madcap adventure equally f
Kelly
Feb 28, 2014 rated it liked it
I was surprised how much I enjoyed reading the first part of this series. Really, even if it was only 40 pages, I was hooked and entertained. I found the characters created in Chained interesting and of course I wish there was more, but then I'm sure the next book will satisfy the more curious.

Ashley seems like to be a woman with a strong will when she know what she wants. She's grieving her grandmother but has to 'fight' against Roman, the buyer of the place she considered as hers. But then, h
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Les Stagiaires
  • Pent Up
  • Seven Tears at High Tide
  • The Cabin
  • I Spit on Your Graves (Vernon Sullivan, #1)
  • Eight Nights in December
  • Gracefully Grayson
  • Princess Princess Ever After
  • Honey Girl
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • The Lost and the Found
  • Fire After Dark (After Dark, #1)
  • Tattoos & Teacups (Tattoos, #1)
  • Heartstopper: The Mini-Comics
  • She's Too Pretty to Burn
  • Don't Look for Me
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
  • 可是BETA也有梦想 [A Beta Has Dreams Too]
USA Today bestselling author Ruthie Knox writes contemporary romance that’s sexy, witty, and angsty—sometimes all three at once. Her debut novel, Ride with Me, is probably the only existing cross-country bicycling love story. She followed it up with About Last Night, a London-set romance whose hero has the unlikely name of Neville, and then Room at the Inn, a Christmas novella—both of which were f ...more

Roman Holiday (10 books)
  • Hitched (Roman Holiday #2)
  • Blindsided (Roman Holiday #3)
  • Ravaged (Roman Holiday #4)
  • Ignited (Roman Holiday #5)
  • Coeur trompé (Roman Holiday, saison 2 – Épisode 1)
  • À coeur défendant (Roman Holiday, saison 2 - Épisode 2)
  • Coeur à nu (Roman Holiday, saison 2 - Épisode 3)
  • Coeur changeant (Roman Holiday, saison 2 - Épisode 4)
  • Cri du coeur (Roman Holiday, saison 2 - Épisode 5)

News & Interviews