Start by marking “Illicit Affairs” as Want to Read:

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  45 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Illicit Affairs
Illicit Affairs is a compilation of three erotic tales with women giving into their darkest desires and pursuing the forbidden.

Unexpected Journey - Jo Matthews

Sarah thought she met her soulmate in Mitch Chandler. High school sweethearts, they married right after graduation. Eight years later, he is a stranger to her and their marriage is on the rocks. In a
Published September 11th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Illicit Affairs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Illicit Affairs

Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
In Illicit Affairs, we are treated to three very erotic short stories about three women each at a crossroads in their lives. In Unexpected Journey, we meet Sarah, who takes an unexpected trip with her husband’s sexy business partner. Hot Summer Nights tells the story of Annie, who finds herself divorced at the age of 45, and Second Chances introduces us to Calla, who has a one night stand with a handsome stranger, while still trying to save her troubled marriage.

These are three very erotic stori
Heather
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: collections
Extremely sexy! The easiest description for all 3 novellas. An amazing introduction into the world of publishing for Jo Matthews and Bec Rose and an incredible addition to NJ Cole's library. All 3 stories are obviously geared at the "forbidden" for different reasons and different scenarios, but all are intriguing and enticing. Wonderful characters, some you love, some you hate, but they're all well written and well deserved of the emotions they bring out in the reader.
Thedarkerhalf
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh Hello fellow readers. Today we are going to be taking a look at a compilation of three short stories. Since this is our first time reviewing short stories together I’ll try to be gentle with you.

Unexpected Journey by Jo Matthews

Unexpected journey tells the story of a woman in a really shitty marriage. Instead of the second honeymoon to fix her relationship she is expecting, her husband turns it into a business trip and eventually bails on the whole thing anyway. He sends her off with his busi
The Hive
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone that loves a bit of passion in their books!
Shelves: favorites
Lexi's review:

Illicit Affairs is a bound up of three very good, steamy stories written by three amazing authors. The stories left me wanting more and I truly hope there will be a continuation of them in the near future.

This bound up has three wonderful stories that I'm going to tell you a bit about:

First of the three is Unexpected Journey written by the wonderful Jo Matthews. This novella narrates Sarah's life after she found out something shocking and hurtful about her husband.

Sarah is married
Monique Machuca-Austin
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
HOT…STEAMY….EROTIC…FORBIDDEN DESIRE!

Illicit Affairs is a novel with three erotic stories about women searching for their own dark erotic forbidden romance.

· Unexpected Journey - Jo Matthews

Sarah has married her high school sweetheart, Mitch Chandler, but his kindness ends only after six months of marriage. Sarah finds herself walking on eggshells to salvage her marriage for the past eight years, when she discovers he is going to take her to Hawaii on a business trip in addition to celebrate her
Lynn Worton
Aug 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the authors in return for an honest review.

This is an anthology of three erotic tales. I loved them! Each story is well written, provocative and HOT, HOT, HOT!

Unexpected Journey is a romantic story. Sarah Chandler is a wonderful character. Her husband, Mitch on the other hand, it a total jerk! His business partner, Aaron, is a really nice guy. When Mitch backs out of going on vacation, Sarah and Aaron are thrown together and the chemistry is explosive!

Hot Summ
Scandalous Book Blog
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sexy
***STEAMY COLLECTION****

**Unexpected Journey by Jo Matthews***
awwww this was so sweet and Hot Aaron is such a sweetheart.
Life can be really funny sometimes and you never know when you will be thrown a curve ball.
Sarah did nit expect her husband of 8 years and childhood sweetheart to turn out to be a complete douche always putting her down making her feel worthless.
When her d**khead husband let her down once more by not showing up for their vacation, instead sending his business partner........
Crystal Marie
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Since this book has 3 short stories, I am just going to do one massive review for the book, instead of separate ones.

I do enjoy reading erotica stories to a degree, and I do prefer shorter ones because I think you can get as much out of a shorter story as you can a longer one. First things first, I completely enjoyed the lengths of these stories. They weren’t too short to where you felt like you were missing details, but they weren’t too long that you couldn’t read them on your lunch
Maria's Book Blog
Aug 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Umm…..Wow! I read this book in one sitting b/c I just couldn't put it down. Even though they were short stories I was quickly drawn into each one within a few sentences, and felt that they all blended well together in the overall theme of the book. In each tale the lead female character is either currently married or was at one point and, with the exception of Bec's story, include husband's you either want to punch in the face or have neutered. But have no fear, there is most definitely a light ...more
Jennifer Garcia
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
To read this review please go to my blog Italian Brat's Obsessions on September 18th.
Shae
Elle
May 28, 2014
Patricia
Dec 06, 2013
Authors & Reviewers: New Erotica Novel Available for Review 2 35 May 01, 2014 06:03AM
Erotic Readers & ...: Reviewers needed for a Erotica Romance 7 29 Mar 01, 2014 02:07AM
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • Loving Sarah (The Alpha Chronicles Book 1)
  • Gracious Living Without Servants
  • Ardor
  • Leave the Lights On
  • Perhaps I've Said Too Much (A Great Big Book of Messing with People)
  • Over the Edge
  • Midnight Caller (Midnight, #1)
  • A Divine Life (The Divine Trilogy, #2)
  • The Baby Shower (Nature of Desire #7.1)
  • Allure Magnified (Allure, #2)
  • Perfect Match
  • Late Night with Andres
  • Fourth Down (First and Last, #3)
  • Twice the Touch (Touch, #2)
  • Wanted - Dead or Alive
  • Where We Fell
  • Sweet Irish Kiss (Irish Kisses, #1)
I'm an author/editor who loves pretty much all books. Unexpected Journey is my first published story, but I have written online for a few years. I also do a bit of cover design on occasion.
More about Jo Matthews