Start by marking “A Risk Worth Taking (Grayson County, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Risk Worth Taking (Grayson County, #1)

A Risk Worth Taking

(Grayson County #1)

When 22-year-old Summer Stafford’s parents split halfway through her senior year at college, Summer’s world is rocked. Everything she thought she knew—heck, everything she thought she wanted for her own life—feels like a lie. The truth is love is a risk. And the true kind, the kind that lasts, might even be a fairy tale.

Reeling from the divorce, Summer derails her own fut
Published October 22nd 2013 by Accendo Press

To ask other readers questions about A Risk Worth Taking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Risk Worth Taking

✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it

A Risk Worth Taking is sweet and wonderful read. The story is a journey about a girl who has lost hope and a boy living his dreams.

photo 7DFB930B-1030-4D47-B947-62C867401679.jpg

Summer is a girl facing difficulties to accept her parents' situation and that breaking her down! Without realising has been keeping herself away. And then, she decides to go back to her farm and help her dad. Enters Ford, the new intern.

photo 871873.gif

They resist each other but one day, everything seems about taking a risk!

photo 7DFB930B-1030-4D47-B947-62C867401679.jpg

photo 871873.gif

They resist each other but one day, everything seems about taking a risk!

photo tumblr_lmu1vtvHE61qcaz9zo1_500.gif

How will these two get along?

if you are for a simple country style read,pick this one up!

"Summer Stafford, you could never be meaningless"

Happy reading

D xo

**ARC provided for review**
Ailene♥
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I decided not to read any reviews and went straight into reading this with no expectations at all. I was shallow that the reason I only went for this was the cover with a bit of interest in the storyline. So, diving in, I never would've thought that this would take me into such a wonderful ride. Maybe, it’s just me. Maybe, it fell on my lap at the right place and at the right time. But I loved every single page of this book. There were just a perfect balance of everything and as I'm writing this ...more
Jo
4 "follow your dreams" kind of stars

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Summer moved back to her hometown, to help her father after her parents divorce. Their split broke down her foundations, if the most happy and stable couple she knew, could out of the blue, split like that, how is love real?
So she goes away from the path that was aligned for her and goes back to her beginning.
Among all the familiar and loving faces she sees Ford, and the attraction is immediate. On both sides.
Ford is a happy guy, he always follows his dreams and he is focused to not
Chloe (BrunetteBibliophile)
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Talltree
Mar 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Commitment -phobic H, wants to never be tied down , be an explorer, a wanderer.

I say, if he wants to be a free spirit, let him be a free spirit, don't tie him down!

Honestly I feel the h should have dumped him when he came back to her, for both their sakes. Whats to say that H wouldn't get spooked with bills, regular timings, coming back home everyday, kids - all the things he said he was scared of - and leave her later.
Didn't believe in the HEA, once the freshness of infatuati
Heidi
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Four Stars: A tale of risk and a reminder to live life to the fullest.

Summer assesses the pile of boxes. As she unpacks, Summer shoves aside the bitter anger she carries toward her mother. How could her mother after all these years just walk out on her father and the farm? Summer has returned home to help her father with the book keeping. This wasn't where she planned on ending up after graduating college, right back where she started. Still she intends to make the best of it. Summer is happy to be home after
Vicki
Summer is a heartbroken, somewhat angry/bitter young woman due to her parents' divorce. Mainly she's just upset with her mother for leaving the family. The book starts with this dynamic. She has been away at college studying but decides to go back home to her roots and help her father with his farm. As one would expect, to see parents split after years of marriage takes its toll on the children, even adult children as it did Summer.

But when she meets Ford things change up. Although she's not re
Kami Dodson-Perry
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks-other, kindle
Summer is home after graduating college. Her plans for her future did not include coming back home and working for the family business, but plans change. After Summer finds out that her parents are getting a divorce after 25 years of marriage nothing makes any sense to her. Especially not anything to do with love. Summer breaks up with her college boyfriend and heads back home to take over her mother’s old job of bookkeeper for the family farm.

Summer meets Ford and really wants to ru
Apr 04, 2017 rated it liked it
YA read

Very immature characters and juvenile "problems" and behaviors.

Writing just alright for me. I think a younger girl might like it more than I did. No real depth of characters or issue for me.
Teri
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Is the risk worth taking? Summer doesn't believe any risk is worth taking. When her world is shifted by a surprise announcement it causes her to question everything. Then she meets Ford. Ford is strong and sure he wants to take a risk but neither want to invest their hearts, What remains to be seen is if they can control it. Yes this is a multiple book series and not your hot and passionate read you expect from this author. This is a slow burn get to know yourself and partner before jumping. It ...more
Dani Morales
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been on a reading binge lately. Consuming book after book and though I loved every single one of them, there was just something about A Risk Worth Taking by Heather Hildenbrand, that struck a chord with me. I already feel the loss of these character’s and their story. Epic BOOK HANGOVER and I’m slightly a little lost. I honestly don’t know what to do or what book to pick up next, because in all honesty I want to reread this book, over and over again until I can recite it word for word.
Ellen
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tours, e-arc
4.5 Hearts
I have to be honest, the minute I saw the cover of this book I just fell in love with it and wanted to read it, and this is one of those times that the story inside met every hope and expectation that I had based on the cover, something that doesn’t always happen. A Risk Worth Taking is one of those love stories that is just plain good. It’s not overly dramatic or cliché, yet has enough drama and hot sexy moments to make it sizzle, being light enough to just sit back and relax w
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, blog-tours

I loved this book! I fell completely in love with the last half of it, but I did find the beginning a little slow and that's why I took it down half a star! Overall, this book thoroughly impressed me! I've read one other book from this author and it was a paranormal book and the difference between a paranormal book and a contemporary book is huge, so I was looking forward to seeing how the author was going to incorporate it and looking forward to seeing the end result! The plot of t
Lustful Literature
Jul 11, 2014 rated it liked it
** Debbie's 3 Star Review **

If you are looking for a sweet summer read than add this one to your list.

You meet Summer Stanfford whose parents split up her senior year of College. After graduating, Summer decides to go home and help her father with his plantation and fill the gaps her mother has left.

“The day I’d graduated, I broke it off with Aaron and told my dad I was coming home, business degree in tow. I would pick up the slack Mom had left behind.”

Summer’s life is t
Kathleen
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Risk Worth Taking is a heartwarming story about figuring out what you want in life, and taking risks that are worth finding love and happiness.

Summer Stafford moves back home to her family's farm after graduating from college. She has broken up with her boyfriend, and is going to help her father run their farm after her parents' recent divorce. Summer has pent-up anger at her mother, because she feels it's all her mother's fault that her parents got divorced. Summer had always thou
Melody
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Summer moved back to her home after she graduated, leaving behind her dreams to help her dad on the farm. Her parents’ divorced affected her so much that she became afraid of love. She didn’t want to risk her heart anymore.

Ford didn’t like committing, especially to anyone. He was constantly moving to chase his dreams.

What started out as a fling between two people who didn’t want to commit became more than both of them could handle.

Summer blamed her mother for the divorce. She alway
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
What started out as a really slow read ended up begin really great. The first half of the book is all about Summer and being mad at her mother for walking out on her father and making herself a whole new life in the city. This whole time she thought her parents were happy and still in love after all those years of marriage. But apparently that isn't so. This time frame is also where she is introduced to Ford. She tries her hardest to thwart his advances while trying to get used to being back hom ...more
A Book Vacation
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
To see my full review:

Meet Summer, a young woman who has sworn off love after witnessing her parents beautiful marriage end in divorce—her mother moving out and leaving her father to tend to the farm. And, what Summer can’t understand is why her father doesn’t seem to hold any animosity for the woman who left him, and Summer, behind.

Ford isn’
My Secret Book Spot
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
A Risk Worth Taking by Heather Hildenbrand

5 out of 5 stars!!!

Wow. Just wow. Not many other words will do justice to A Risk Worth Taking. Smokin' hot, highly intelligent, drool-worthy Ford had me hooked from the first time quiet, calculating Summer gazed into his stormy blue eyes. She came home to Heritage Plantation in Virginia to help her father manage the business side of their family farm after her mother walked out after twenty-five years of marriage. Summer never ima
Heather andrews
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Oh Ford you naughty, naughty boy, "she's stared at me at dinner last night like I'd been the meal. I wouldn't have minded crawling right up onto the table like a buffet, either." And he's the type of man that appreciates a woman's efforts to impress them, "very true," he agreed. "It just means we'll have to change our mode of transportation, because you are most definitely not taking that dress off. Well, not yet," he added with a wink." He knows how to bring a gal to her knees "I ca promise my
Stephanie Gresham
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.

Summer received devastating news when she came home from college on Christmas break...her parents were getting divorced. This completely shattered her world. She began to over think and judge her current relationship because if her parents relationship couldn't survive how could she make one.

When Summer came home after graduating, she met Ford, a man who took her breath away. He made her not think and over analyze things
Valerie
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
The characters Summer and Ford are so believable and easy to follow. Probably even parallels with others lives as well. Having parents split up later in life seems to be a reoccurring event, so seeing this happen to Summer made it more realistic. This story is about risks and love not for-seen. I am excited with how easy going Ford was and easily liked and what a creative sense he has. Summer is more vivacious yet tries to be more stable ..that doesn't last long. This is a softer side of a book ...more
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
Great read. Liked the story and the parallels between the two main characters the their parents. Loved that it was written in dual POV. Also, found myself sobbing while reading late last night. Serious cries were had. So hard a couple of times I couldn't read. Full review to follow for the blog tour.
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
The XOXO New Adult Collection: 16 Full Length New Adult Stories
Celine
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
I loved it when I'm on a reading-binge, and I come from reading an emotionally-heavy novel, then end with a sweet one.

A Risk Worth Taking takes upon the latter, because while it has its angst, the story of Ford & Summer were much lighter than that of other genres. It's about their willingness to take a leap of faith, and take a chance for their love.

I loved how Ford isn't some kind of playboy, rugged person, but is just normal. Then there's Summer who is keeping herse
Naznin Azeez
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet and hot story about Summer who doesn't know what to believe about love itself when her parents get divorced after a seemingly happy 25 years of marriage and Ford, a new intern working for her father. Ford believes in living a free life without much contemplation. His thoughts are in complete contrast with Summer's that she finds him refreshing.

However opposite they are, there is no mistaking the chemistry and attraction between them. It's sizzling. It's a nice read..
Debbie
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted on Keep Calm & Read Romance

3.5 Sweet Country Stars!!!

I have heard nothing but great things about Heather Hildenbrand's phenomenal paranormal books so when the opportunity came to read and review her upcoming contemporary new adult romance I just knew I had to jump on the opportunity. After reading A Risk Worth Taking, I can see why so many readers have been so impressed with her writing.

"What if I got hurt? What if I hurt him? The only truth I knew about love anymore
Jane
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was a fan of the book until it left me on a romance cliff hanger...
I know writers do this to sell books, but gosh it’s annoying as a reader.
Can I be bothered to find the next book.. meh, not right now...
It was heading for 3-4 stars but feel like I’ve only read half a story so half the stars...
Crystalvuletichotmail.com
It just couldn't take off. It was the same issues over and over again with little depth to the characters. I really wanted to like this book but several times I considered quitting because of the pace and immaturity.
Cynthia
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Starting New

Summer comes home after graduating from college. Out wasn't her plan. Her parents are divorcing & she needs to take over the business paperwork of the family farm. Ford is learning more & worked the farm . is she willing to risk her heart.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
YA & NA Romance ♥: Giveaway and Awesome Book Release 1 16 Oct 22, 2013 05:26AM

• The Only One (Only, #3)
  • Break My Fall (No Limits, #1)
  • Feeling This
  • Maverick
  • Missing Pieces
  • Wicked Thing
  • Faithless
  • High Risk Love (The Risk Series, #1)
  • Beautiful Broken (University of Branton, #2)
  • Four Weddings and a Werewolf (Seattle Wolf Pack, #2)
  • The Perfect Distraction (Perfect, #1)
  • Broken Dreams (Beyond Series #2)
  • The Man Test  (The Marin Test #1)
  • Resist Me (McCoy Raven Brothers #1)
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • Without You (Stripped, #1.5)
  • Exquisite Betrayal
  • (Never) Again (Again, #1)
Heather Hildenbrand was born and raised in a small town in northern Virginia where she was homeschooled through high school. (She's only slightly socially awkward as a result.) She writes paranormal and contemporary romance with plenty of abs and angst. Her most frequent hobbies are riding motorcycles and avoiding killer slugs.

You can find out more about Heather and her books at heatherhildenbran

Grayson County (5 books)
  • A Bet Worth Making (Grayson County, #2)
  • A Risk Worth Taking (book 2 Risk Series )
  • A Risk Worth Taking (book 4 Risk Series)
  • A Risk Worth Taking Boxed Set: (Books 1-4)