Start by marking “Camp Christmas (Camp Boyfriend, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Camp Christmas (Camp Boyfriend, #1.5)

Read Book

Camp Christmas

(Camp Boyfriend #1.5)

Hannah never meant to be a mean girl – at Camp Juniper Point or at her high school. It just sort of happened during one painful year when her parents split and her life fell apart. Who knew being mad at the world would catapult her to popularity? But since changing the status quo would make her some serious enemies, she’s prepared to ride out her time until graduation. Tha ...more
91 pages
Published December 17th 2013 by Spencer Hill Press (first published December 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Camp Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Camp Christmas

Start your review of Camp Christmas (Camp Boyfriend, #1.5)
J.A. Belfield
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I’d been looking forward to Camp Christmas by J.K. Rock for two reasons. One: because I’d had a taste of this dynamic duos writing before and trusted them to entertain. And two: because nothing quite beats Christmas reading like a Christmas themed story with snowy setting at Christmas.
Admittedly, this one didn’t feel quite as alluring as Camp Kiss and Camp Boyfriend, the prequel and first book in the series. I’m not quite sure if it’s because we switched to new MC’s and so had to start afresh wi
Richa
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted at City of Books

Camp Christmas is the perfect holiday read! It's fun, sweet, and definitely dramatic. I was initially hesitant about reading this because I wasn't a fan of the protagonist, Hannah, but she totally won me over in this novella. We get to know why she is the way she is, and she gets her happy ending too. If you've read Camp Boyfriend, you've got to read this one. Even if you haven't, this works great as a standalone novella too, so go get it!

During the school year,
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
That was just perfect. I think Julian is my new book boyfriend for sure!
I was so excited to download this PDF this morning and read it! I knew I was going to love it. I loved Camp Kiss, and Camp Boyfriend, so what's not to love about a story that takes place in a cold setting where you know things are just going to heat up?
This is Hannah's story, yep, that Hannah of the Diva Den. And she's such a snob, so worried about what others will think of her and how she can maintain her popularity even as
Gaby
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awww I loved this novella so much!!! Joanne, Karen you are amazing!!!

If you've read the previous book and the novella, then you know Hannah, one of the mean girls, a popular girl who values that popularity and the status it brings her above everything else. But she isn't just a mean girl, in fact she never intended to be one, but once she became one she had to keep acting like one, even though she doesn't like herself when she acts likes that, she's tired if it.
I gotta say by reading the previou
Valeria
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When we left Camp Juniper Point in book 1, we saw that the Divas weren’t as bad as we originally thought, except maybe for Hannah whose heart was the hardest to change. Anyhow, in the end we also get to see a more human side to her, although I was very sceptic about it. Nevertheless, the authors graced us with a glimpse into Hannah and Julian’s lives away from Camp and what I learned softened my heart towards her.

I just love the turn of events the authors followed with this one, but honestly I w
Lola
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
The first novella in this series made me want to read the rest of the series, this is the second novella in the camp boyfriend series and it's just as awesome as the first. Camp Christmas takes Hannah the mean girl from Camp and shows the readers a different side of her when she goes on a ski trip with her school the day before christmas.

I love JK Rock their writing style and how they combine popular and nerd aspects in their characters. This novella is really enjoyable and sweet. I really liked
Zimt
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Camp Christmas" is a Young Adult Novella set between book 1 and 2 in the "Camp Boyfriend" series by J.K. Rock and it is snow-melting sweet.

Hannah is one of the ruling girls at Northstar Academy together with her two best friends Missy and Bella. Lately, things are not well between the three and Hannah is a bit anxious how to proceed. When Julian suddenly talks to her on the ski trip to Whiteface Mountain, she has to make a difficult decision. Is she going to play a prank on Julian to secure her
Sandra (booksbysandra)
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
MAN. I EXPECTED NOT TO LIKE THIS ONE SO MUCH. I really, really hated Hannah. She was annoying and mean and UGH. So I was a bit apprehensive when I started this little novella. But Damn. It was awesome. I don't really like dual narratives and all, but this worked out, I had no problem with this one. But Hannah was still a bit annoying, but deep inside she has a good heart, we notice this in this novella.

In this little novella we follow Hannah, as mentioned before. During their school's ski trip
Joli
I like to read seasonally (if a book is set in the winter, I read it in the winter. If it is set in the summer, I read it in the summer), so even though Christmas has passed, readers will still enjoy this winter story.

I love novel companion stories and novellas and Camp Christmas lets readers get to know more about Hannah who first appeared in Camp Boyfriend. Camp Christmas gave me more insight to how Hannah became the mean girl, why she stayed the mean girl, and why it's a reputation she wants
Francine Soleil
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"Julian Berwick [is] smoking hot."

And I am in love.
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books-i-own
~5 Stars~

This is a really cute novella between 2 different characters from the 'Camp Boyfriend' series.
It's very fluffy and full of snow.
A perfect read.
Mary H
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
Review posted here.

The Camp Boyfriend series has been such a delightful surprise for me. I honestly didn't know when I first heard about it that I would love it as much as I have. "Camp Kiss" was pretty good, Camp Boyfriend was really good, and "Camp Christmas" is amazing. I like that Joanne and Karen have made a point with their writing that there aren't really "good guys" and "bad guys." Sure, there are antagonists in their stories (you can't have a decent story told without conflict, after al
Dale Rogers
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was immediately pulled into this well-written Young Adult novella by J.K. Rock. Part of the Camp Boyfriend series, Camp Christmas will not only take you full circle through high school relationships and attitudes, but also a high-stakes adventure.

When Hannah starts off on a yearly Christmas Eve ski trip to the Adirondack Mountains with her private school, a fellow classmate complicates her life. Julian knows her from Camp Juniper Point in North Carolina, but Hannah tries to keep her camp and s
Pauline Ang
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-ebook
CHARACTERS
Even though I didn't really get Hannah's love/hate relationship with her friends, I did kind of understand her using popularity as something of an outlet for the frustration she felt with her family falling apart. It's nice to know that in the end, she found growth and realization in her life, and she got her own happy ending. And then there's the ever awesome Julian. I love how he was able to see through Hannah's mean facade and even took it to himself to break it. He was a good liste
Paula Robinson
Jan 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a great addition to the Camp series. I loved learning more about Hannah. This story definitely let's you see beneath the surface of her meanness. Gosh, this age is very terrifying, though we never learn that until we are all grown up and taking a look back. I loved Julian as well. He was the perfect hero for Hannah, and I'm so excited to see how their relationship goes in the next full length book of this series.

Rock's take on the mean girl is very refreshing and eye opening. Sometimes w
Princess Bookie
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-net-g, read2014
My Thoughts: In Camp Christmas, we get to hang out with Hannah and Julian. And Hannah’s not so good friends. They were kind of snobby but so was she. I knew it was an act for her right away. With her life unfolding before her eyes, she has to keep something normal; her social life.

I really liked Julian. He’s such a nerd but in a good way. In this story, all the teens are away at a skiing trip. And things take a turn for the worst. I liked seeing Julian and Hannah in action relying on their stren
Katie W
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This novella tells the story of mean girl, Hannah. I believe that a lot of "mean girl" usually have a reason why they're mean and it seems that it's often to hide their pain and protect themselves. Hannah has her reasons and I loved seeing inside her head and coming to understand her better. I loved watching the growth that took place with her.

This story had some tense moments as well and the emotions were well written. I could feel the stress and panic of the characters. There are characters th
Kelly Hager
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this novella.

I was a little uneasy going in because Hannah has not been a nice person in the two earlier books in this series, and I was fairly certain that I was not going to enjoy my time in her head.

And yet. While Hannah was not a nice person most of the time, she was also clearly trying to do better (at least by the end) and I absolutely loved Julian.

This is technically a Camp Boyfriend series, but it's not set at the camp; it's set at a ski retreat (but with two camp char
Liza Wiemer
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hannah and Julian are awesome together! Mean girl Hannah turns into sugar and spice and almost everything nice when she starts to recognize the good in Julian and how unfair and unkind her actions have been. And I love the message to be true to the real you. Julian rules the mountain and captures the heart of readers!

No prior knowledge about skiing or snowboarding to appreciate and follow Hannah and Julian's adventure on Whiteface Mountain. JK Rock describes the setting and experience beautifull
Sarah Elizabeth
(Downloaded for free from the publishers website.)
This was an okay short story about a guy and a mean-girl who begin to have feelings for one another whilst on a ski trip. It was fairly predictable, and a little dull in places, but it was okay overall.
6 out of 10.
Francine Soleil
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've loved Julian ever since Camp Boyfriend because he was different. And he shares a love for LOTR. I'm so glad he got his own story. Although this was more about Hannah. I loved it all anyway. It made me laugh and made me all giddy. This was simply wonderful.
Booksniffer Tours
4 Sniffs - Our nose would be very happy to live in this book.

Check out my review at Booksniffer Book Reviews! http://booksnifferbookreviews.blogspo...
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really loved seeing this side of Hannah, a side we haven't seen before, it was nice and it reminds me that we all have an inner geek somewhere inside.

Also, Julian is fabulous and it was nice to get this glimpse into the Geekster as well.
Dvora
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Dvora by: J.K. Rock
YAY!! What another awesome novella by these two! My heart was going fast the whole time. I loved all the characters. Very cool to see two other characters from Camp Boyfriend in a completely different way. Totally ready for the next one!!! :)
Allison Rivera
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Perfect! I loved it! I wanted moreee!!!
Nancy The book junkie

Fluffy Reader Valeria - 5 stars
Ruth B
Jun 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, young-adult
It was a fun and easy to read book.
Great YA novella. It has some cliches but I think most YA readers will love it
Veronica Bartles
Dec 19, 2013
Dizneeee
Oct 21, 2013
J. K. Rock is the pseudonym for the Young Adult writing partnership of Joanne Rock and Karen Rock. Their CAMP BOYFRIEND series recreates the magic of summer camp, first love, and friendships.

Camp Boyfriend (4 books)
  • Camp Boyfriend (Camp Boyfriend, #1)
  • Camp Payback (Camp Boyfriend, #2)
  • Sun Kissed (Camp Boyfriend)
  • Camp Forget-Me-Not (Camp Boyfriend, #3)