Start by marking “Peekaboo Morning” as Want to Read:
Peekaboo Morning

Peekaboo Morning

A toddler plays a game of peekaboo, and you're invited to play too. First there's Mommy to find, with Daddy not far behind. Then Puppy comes peeking around the corner, and a favorite toy train brings the toddler to Grandma and Grandpa. Isadora's brilliant, joyful pastel illustrations capture the familiar and cozy people, toys and animals that will delight babies.

Join this
Published May 27th 2002 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers

Vicki
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really fun to use in baby storytime with scarves -- hand those out to the parents before you read, and the babies will get a huge kick out of it.
Chinook
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Recently we went to a SURJ meeting where we talked about diversity in reading. One point made was how it's easy enough to find POC characters in books about issues, like Rosa Parks or the Underground Railroad, but harder to find books with diverse characters just living normal, day-to-day life. And this is fabulous - Kait likes the peekaboo/guessing game aspect of the book and she loves books about babies.
Melissa Andrews
May 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is a great book, especially when the child has started to identify the people around him/her and things in his/her environment. It's a simple book - but they love it! One page will say, "Peekaboo, I see..." - and then when the page is turned, mommy or daddy or grampa or train is revealed.

We (baby and I) absolutely love it. He can even "read" it by himself.
Cheryl
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bad blurb, excellent book. Would be even better as a board book. Perfect for wobblies (one-year-olds, just starting to walk).
Casandria
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture, baby, toddler
One of the very few books that actually works for baby story time! Soooo cute!
Gwen Marie
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: babies
The bright illustrations and large bold text make this book visually engaging for readers. Repetition of words enables parents to easily read along. Provides an opportunity to make a game out of the story with older readers.
Lynn  Davidson
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
A darling toddler plays peekaboo with the important people and things in his world in this boardbook.
Leslie
Sweet peekaboo book! Love the comments in reviews about using it in Storytime.
Maude Ragsdale
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amys-baby-books
Fun to read and play peek-a-boo at the same time!
Lisa
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Super cute. The baby is very appealing. This was one of my daughter’s favorites when she was an infant.
Erin Connolly
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: t-l-307
Concept. I read this book for my author study. I probably wouldn’t use it in class, but it’s a cute book for kids at home.
Tiffany
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This was adorable!!
Dana
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
An interactive way to teach family members’ names, and relations with a sweet surprise ending.
Lauren
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: skylar
my girl just loved this book!!! she had me read it over and over again!!!
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfect for my two year old that is utterly obsessed with peekaboo. Beautiful illustrations help a lot, too.
Allison
Why have I not encountered this book before now? I can't wait to use it in storytime!
Shauna
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good book for colored babies like my little brown grandson.
NayDoubleU
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute simple book that made me smile
Will be in my future classroom
Leslie Stair
BOOK: Peekaboo Morning by Isadora

CLASS:
Baby and Me Music & Art Class
LINKS:

BOOK SHARING:
Along with our songs, music, and other activities, I read this book to the babies after showing families some of the signs from the book-mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, dog, friend, you, me, love. I also had everyone do all of the “peek-a-boo” parts with me that repeat in the book and to do the signs as they appeared in the story.

ART ACTIVITY:
Since this class fell on Valentine’s Day I decided to do a project
Kiana
Oct 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Peekaboo Morning by Rachel Isadora is a really easy read. This book would probably catch the attention of young readers who a probably age 5 and younger. Being that this book is an easy read the reader who takes upon the task to read this book can understand what exactly is being signified in the book. The language in the book is very simple and repetitive that a young child is able to catch on before the end of the book. The illustrations in this book are rich and illustrious with many colors. ...more
June
Feb 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: librarians, parents, teachers
A big hit with the laptime crowd. Everyone played peekaboo. Of course we do a peekaboo rhyme afterwards. There's a Peekaboo Bedtime too for bedtime programs. 2/15/12

Used for a morning lap time peekaboo program 1/30/13

Used again in lap time and the parents really got into doing peekaboo with their babies. Someone checked out the Peekaboo Bedtime I had on display in the back. 4/23/13

Used for African American characters. The mothers really got into doing peekaboo. Should of had the Peekaboo Bedtime
Erin
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Peekaboo Morning follows a busy toddler as he goes through his day and plays a game of peekaboo. With its simple and repetitive text, “Peekaboo! I see…”, the book takes the reader through a peekaboo game of see and share as the toddler finds his mommy, daddy, puppy, and other familiar objects. Each person or object the toddler sees is clearly labeled; encouraging print awareness, vocabulary learning, and narrative skills. Rachel Isadora’s soft pastel illustrations are soothing and charming, and ...more
Vivian
Mar 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
It's a good thing I had selected this book as an option for our story time on "Pesky Flies & Pretty Butterflies". Why? Because this works very well with the "Lap" babies, and we had a lot of them attending this week.

Little children respond to the "Peekaboo" game. Each page begins with peekaboo, and when the page is turned you see who is playing. There's Mommy and Daddy and Puppy and Train and Grandma (holding a frog) and Grandpa (with a tickly mustache). So, you can give clues for the childr
Camille
This book about a toddler walking around peekaboo-ing with his/her family and friends is pretty fun for a baby storytime, or some one-on-one snuggling with your toddler. I use it for circle time after playtimes, to give parents a little bonding moment when they play peekaboo with their child between each stanza of the book. Or, I use it in baby storytimes/lapsits, when I have peekaboo minute (the parents have a choice between using their hands or a scarf for peekaboo).
Monique Smith
This story follows the bedtime routine of a toddler as he prepares for bedtime. It is great for young children as a read aloud. The text offers a repetitive text peek-a-boo and an object. The illustrations are easy for children to predict what the object is before they turn the page which helps students be included.
The objects included in the story are things that are universal and children could relate. Some examples are parents, family, and pets.
:Donna Marie
PEEKABOO MORNING is the perfect picture book for the very young! From the looks of the vivid, expressive, precious illustrations, the baby depicted is a "new" walker. The "peekaboo" theme is perfectly executed with mystery on every spread. The right hand pages each give a hint of who's behind the door, newspaper, bush, etc.; turn the page and "peekaboo"---there's your giggly answer.

I plan on purchasing this for my future grandchildren. Adorable and guaranteed fun!
Heidi
My son loves peekaboo books and this is a fun one. The illustrations are beautiful and feature mostly people of African descent, with one Caucasion girl also. I like that my son can see people from a different ethnic background in this book. My son likes playing peekaboo with the little girl's family members, toys, and friends.
Mary Ann
This book is so much fun to read with toddlers - they'll start playing peekaboo as you're reading the book! Help your children guess who's coming in the next page by looking at the clues in the pictures. The beautiful illustrations of a cheerful African American toddler will make you smile, and their rich, pastel colors engage children and draw their attention.
Renee
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Summary: A toddler plays peek-a-boo throughout the day.

C loves this book (age 2)! Toddler says "Peekaboo, I see...." with a visual hint on the page. On the next page we see the person like "grandma!"

Good for encouraging language with a young child. Great for a toddler story class or to use with one child cuddled up on your lap.
Bi racial books for children 1 2 Feb 27, 2016 12:27PM
  • The Baby Goes Beep
  • Hello, Day!
  • Please, Baby, Please
  • Big Fat Hen
  • Hello Baby!
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • All of Baby, Nose to Toes
  • This Little Chick
  • Whose Toes are Those?
  • How Do You Make a Baby Smile?
  • Jazz Baby
  • Hands Can
  • Toot Toot Beep Beep
  • Ten Tiny Babies
  • Mommy, Carry Me Please!
  • Little Gorilla
  • Hurry! Hurry!
  • Yawn
Rachel Isadora is an award-winning children's author and illustrator. She has written children's books on multiple topics including ballet, life in America and Africa, and has illustrated several Brother Grimm tales in an African setting. She is most well-known for her Caldecott Honor Award book "Ben's Trumpet". She was a ballet dancer before she became an illustrator and children's writer.