Start by marking “The Unknown (Flawed, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Unknown (Flawed, #1)

The Unknown

(Flawed #1)

Misty found out early in life that things just don't come easy. She has learned to trust no one, and that you can't depend on anyone but yourself when the chips fall. Finally free of the states clutches she sets out on a whirl wind adventure called LIFE....

But she never expected Drake....

Drake... is Use to being in the lime light just graduated from college. Wondering what
Published November 7th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published November 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Unknown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unknown

Apr 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014
The Unknown was not a very good book. The writing of the story was just not good. There was no real...it was just everything happened instantly and the conversations and everything were so unbelievable. The whole thing came off a bit clinical and too easy. It was just not good. I didn't care about anything or anyone because they were just..it was just too quick and easy.

The story starts off with Misty traveling to Florida to stay with her aunt (hopefully). She meets Drake almost right away and e
Tantalizing
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing

It took me awhile to finally write this review, not because something is wrong with the story, but because of the emotions it brought out of me. I immediately felt connect to Misty's spirit, she had a hard hand dealt to her in life and she is pretty down on herself understandably. She just aged out of the system and was basically thrown on the streets with only a suitcase and only one-hundred and fifty dollars to her name, to get her all the way to her aunts house in Florida.

As fate would have
Sophie
Dec 06, 2013 rated it liked it

[review also posted on my blog http://beentherereadthatreviewedthebo...]

I had really been looking forward to reading The Unknown, and it didn’t take me long to feel like this was a heartfelt book for Lara Henley. It was an easy read which took me just one sitting to finish but whilst I liked the premise of this book, at times I struggled to connect and probably didn’t enjoy The Unknown as much as I thought I would.

I guess my issue with the book was the pacing. It all felt too rushed. Okay, I kno
Rochelle Roth
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Now we all know I always give my complete and honest opinion when it comes to my reviews and I will do that with this one too. I was given an ARC for this book for the blog tour from the author. I was excited to get to read it because of all the things I have seen on her author page, the excerpts and everything. I started to read it to read it on Nov.1st and was able to finish it by Nov.6th, I would've gotten it done sooner but it was a busy weekend. It is hard to really say I think I would give ...more
Heather andrews
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this book it was a cute, fun read. I wish that there was a little more action and by that I mean I wish there was a little bit more drama it seemed all lovey dovey and no real action. Drake he was such a gentleman, "no need. I was already going this way. I could use the company. It's been a really long and boring drive. We will stop overnight." She looked at me as if I said the world was on fire. "We don't have to stay in the same room, Peaches. We can get separate ones if you feel more ...more
Cassandra Javier
Sep 27, 2013 rated it liked it
more of this review plus a playlist on Nov 8th on my blog the enigma of herself for The Unknown blog tour

Drake and Misty met in the most unconventional of circumstances.

Drake has known of comfort and privilege but Misty lives in a completely different world: She grew up in a halfway home, she lost her parents when she was still a kid and there are a couple of things that she still does not know about her life.

But being thrust in each other's worlds did not prevent them from falling in love. The
Brenda
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The UnKnown is a sweet romance between Misty and Drake that literally begins with love at first sight and quickly develops from there. I enjoyed watching these two venture into their futures- Misty as a foster child who has aged out of the system, and Drake as a trust fund kid who's life has taken several unexpected turns. Add in the unknown of falling in love, and not knowing what the future will bring, and you've got a recipe for a really emotional journey. And that is what Ms. Henley has done ...more
Maria Rodaro
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, it was a sweet love story with a twist. If you're looking for a quick read about true fate and soul mates but with a twist this book is for you. I was conflicted about how to rate this book but once i finished i knew it was a book i would recommend to friends. Sometimes the unknown is scary but if you can stick it out the sun is always brighter after the dark :). Job well done Lara Henley!
Courtney Boyett
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
OH MY GOSH...there is only one word to describe this book and it's AMAZING! Drake and Misty have gone through so much in their short lives and yet their love is so powerful and withstands many oflife's difficult trials that are thrown their way. The ending left me speechless and wanting more. I can only hope Lara will be speedy when writing book two because I am DYING to continue on with Drake and Misty's journey.
Tara Greseth
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Just finished this book...loved it. What an amazing story of true love and family with a litte heartache thrown in. I live when a book makes you feel every emotion. Could have slapped a few characters. An let's mot forget an unexpected twist you won't see coming...can't.wait to read more from Lara Henley
Wendi Starusnak
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Whew! This book kept me on the edge of my seat.... great read as are all of Ms. Henley's books... and so far all of them, including this one, have left me wanting to read more! (And I'm not usually a romance reader...but I'm beginning to be thanks to some of these books!)
Liberty Smith
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted this book from a friend. The writing style is simple, but the story is amazing. Misty pulled at my heart strings and Drake is now my book boyfriend. I enjoyed it and can't wait for book two.
Dwight
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love everything about this book . What more can I say ?! :)
Fidah
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Review will be up soon.
Patricia
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Anny hernandez
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
**** I received an ARC copy for an honest review ****

First thing I have to say is that this is the first book that I read from this author.

I really enjoy reading this story, I found this to be a beautiful love story about love at first sight, I love the characters and the twist that it has I was not expecting it, I will keep this short since I don't want to give anything away, I love it how it is told from both point of view, and how the characters get to solve their problems right away, this is
Roy Murry
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review of The Unknown
(Flawed Series)
Written by Lara Henley

Reviewed by Author Roy Murry

Misty and Drake, the main characters in The Unknown, individually tell the reader about their love story. There is nothing unusual about this other than the fact that ‘It’s love at first sight’ in the middle of nowhere going into the direction – disaster.

It is difficult to convey a love story in novel form, because many have tried, including “Love Story.” Ms. Henley attempt gets ‘A Thumbs up’ for its dialogue o
Tara Dawn (Colourful WordWench)
Misty has been thru hell for the last 6 yrs of her life. Her parents died when she was 12 and she was sent into foster care because her Aunt Silvia didn't have the means to support her. Finally turning 18 and becoming an adult, the state of Texas boots her out of the system with $150 in her pocket wishing her the best. She heads toward the only family she knows is out there-Aunt Silvia-with the hopes that she will take her in. Knowing that her friend/foster sister is somewhere near her aunt too, ...more
Mandi
Review for The Unknown by Lara Henley
Witty Wench
3/5 stars
Sigh. Where do I begin with this one? This was a terribly difficult book for me to read and rate. I can hear you now. Why Witty? It’s just a book…it can’t be that hard. Well, let me tell you. I got not even an eighth of the way in and I just knew deep in my gut that the author was telling this story from her soul. I could just tell. Maybe it was the way it was written. The way she struggled to tell some scenes, and not others, maybe it was
Tina Marina
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book!

I was hooked from the first page and was fully engrossed until the very last!

This book is about Misty and her life and how things that happen in a blink of an eye change the life that has been mapped out for you. After losing her parents she is put into the state system until she is too old and has to make her own way in life.

We follow her journey for the first months of her life outside the system and how the people she encounters on her journey change her life.

She meets he
Samaris Creech
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just want to say this has got to be one of the best books I have ever read! From the first words on the page I was drawn in that is when you know a book will completely captivate you and this one sure did. Drake and Misty are awe inspiring characters. They make us want to hold out for that one person who we absolutely cannot live without, the one who completes us, who makes us want to be the better versions of ourselves so that we can be the very best people for them. Their relation =ship is b ...more
Tiffany
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for an honest review...

4.5 Stars!!!

This is the story of Misty and Drake. Misty has grown up in foster home since her mother died when she was 7. She is now 18 and is being released from the "system". With $100 in her pocket she sets out for Florida to find her Aunt Silvia.

Drake has just graduated college and is heading back home to Florida to start an intern ship at a local Art Gallery. He comes from a very wealthy family.

When they meet at an old diner there is an instant conn
Annette
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was give a advance copy from the author for my honest review.
Misty has been dealt a rough hand in life. Her beloved parents were killed in a car wreck when she was twelve and her moms twin who was the the closest living relative couldn't take her so she was put into the child welfare system. She has now aged out of the system and is trying to find her way to Florida to her aunts when her path acrosses Drake. Who knew it would be love at first sight for both of them.
I loved the story! I feel li
TheWriter
I was given this book in exchange for a honest review! So pardon my bluntness.....Let me start by saying this was a difficult book for me. I found myself pushing to continue on, hoping to god that something would happen. There are points in the book where I believe would have been a good entry for something/anything. But no it was I love you, he loves me, over and over. There seems to be a problem with things being left undone. For instance, if I said my lover gave me a shiner. Then that night I ...more
Missy
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book made me laugh and cry and hope right along with Misty and Drake. It is the story of two people from completely different worlds but end up travelling together. Misty is a strong but sensitive girl who was dealt a bad hand early in life. She knows there has to be happiness in life but doesn’t think she deserves it. She is kicked out of the only place she has called home so she is left sad and desperate. Drake has had every opportunity in life but that doesn’t mean he is happy with what ...more
Lheanne Spicer
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I received a advanced copy from the author in exchange for a honest review. The story started out a little slow and everything seemed predictable. But once you get into the story things start picking up and you start guessing about whats going to happen next and what will be revealed. Misty and Drake are great characters with everyday problems and at times you can relate to what they are going through. This book was a fun read and I can't wait to read book 2!!!!
Margret Foster
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was looking through some of the reviews on this book and got mixed emotions on if I should read it or not. I decided to take a chance and boy I'm glad I did. I could tell that was Ms. Henley's first novel, but I thought it was well written. I don't why this book would get a bad review. It is a breath of fresh air to see two people fall in love and go through there trails and tribulations with them.I love Misty and Drake and can't to read more about them in the next book.
Ashley
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
*May Contain Minor Spoilers*

If you are looking for a sweet love story this book is for you. You have a young couple that meet and have an instant connection. Drake and Misty have completely different past and meet by chance. This story has some unexpected twists and a lot of tender moments. They each have to deal with things in their personal live and go through the trials of a new relationship. Overall, I enjoyed this story and will be reading future books by this author.
Caissy Boudreau
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about this book? Well I absolutely loved it. It is such a good read. Misty and Drake are my ideal couple. Poor Misty goes through so much. This story is about young people trying to find their way. They are from two different worlds. They are made for each other. I highly recommend this book to everyone. It is a must read!!!! Can not wait for the next one.
Kristen
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
omg it is amazing read I ended up give my self more than one book hang over I loved this book and it broke heart more than one time and left me on the edge of set.. I can't wait for part two to come out can't wait to see what happens next .. ppl you have to check this book out its so worth the time and love you will share with the characters ...

• A Sweet Affair (Atlanta Affair, #2)
  • The Good One
  • Love Burned Deep
  • The Truth About Us (Mills Lake, #1)
  • Guarded Heart
  • My Love at Last
  • Chances & Choices (Choices #1)
  • Exception
  • Cause
  • No Perfect Man (Imperfection, #1)
  • Broken (Save Me, #2)
  • Confused (Getting Inside of V, #2)
  • Just Fall (The Fall, #1)
  • Jolted (Conflicted Encounters #1)
  • Destiny's Detour
  • Again
  • Her Forever Cowboy (Bad Boys Western Romance, #2)
  • Because of Lucy (Butterfly Days, #1)
I have a bachelors degree in Fashion Marketing and a Masters Degree in Administration Leadership. I currently work in the Geriatric field.

Flawed (3 books)
  • The Revealed (Flawed, #2)
  • The Defective: (Flawed #3)