Start by marking “It’s Love, Dude (Jardin Bay, #1)” as Want to Read:
It’s Love, Dude (Jardin Bay, #1)

It’s Love, Dude

(Jardin Bay #1)

From our favourite short story writer comes a debut full-length novel about sand, sun, small towns, and surfing...

Zane Carlton is a World Champion surfer. Molly Georgiou is a shy, small-town girl. They have nothing in common except an instantaneous attraction and an impossible quest for a rare, endangered Australian marsupial. But Zane is determined to make it work, and in
Published October 1st 2013 by Escape Publishing

To ask other readers questions about It’s Love, Dude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It’s Love, Dude

LJT
Sep 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

3.5 Stars

It’s Love, Dude by Jenny Schwartz: Molly Gerogious is a reserved young woman from Jardin Bay, a small town in Australia. She is on the shy-side, but ruthless when it comes to fighting for her community and those who live in it. Molly is the social secretary for the local Member of Parliament, Greg Cooper, and is extremely knowledgeable about the fauna, flora and happenings in her town.
Lily Malone
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading It's Love, Dude, in one sitting this evening, and I loved it so much I had to sit down straight away to share why. First, can I confess, I won the book in a competition. It's the first book I've read by this author and I'll be reading more.
I loved that this didn't have that angsty (sometimes contrived) edge of 'will they get together, or won't they. When bloody will they?' This frustrates the heck out of me (although I know it's a part of the genre), and I see it in so ma
Imelda Evans
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a gorgeous, traditional romance which would be perfect for a lazy day at the beach or, indeed, in bed on a cold Melbourne evening (which is where I read it). The hero is an athlete with both a brain and a heart as well as a (fabulous, natch) body and the heroine is a girl I would happily be friends with. Lots to like!
Sophia
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Torchy hot surfer at the top of his game, small town girl who enjoys getting mixed up in the local resident causes, nasty reporters looking for the next headline, interfering relations and friends, hunts at night in the local swamp for an elusive endangered marsupial and a chance at romance for two unlikely people? Count me in.

I was already predisposed toward this book when I saw the hero was a surfer since I grew up near the sea and my dad surfed when he was younger. Not that one has to have an
Sofia
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this book when I returned from the beach this afternoon, and couldn't put it down. The length was perfect, the content incredibly sweet, and the characters perfect. Their relationship wasn't overdone, overly dramatic, but something that you can really relate to. Surf competitions are such a regular thing nowadays, that I could see myself being at the beach with Zane and Molly, hanging out.

Zane was the perfect gentleman, but he made known what he wanted and went all the way, ke
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC Received from Harlequin Enterprises Australia via NetGalley for honest review

It's Love, Dude is a sweet romance about opposites attracting.

Pro surfer Zane Carlton returns to home town in Western Australia for a promo visit, and meets shy but beautiful assistant to a politician, Molly Georgiou.

Everyone believes Zane's bad boy personal that is perpetuated by the media, but is this really him? Can Molly break that down and get to know the real man?

Brought together through his grandfather and a
Vicki
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Who doesn’t love to watch an elite sportsman move, and where he is a hot champion surfer, that’s an added bonus in my book.

I really enjoyed Jenny’s sweet romance set in Jardin Bay (aka Margaret River) where she brings together two characters, Zane and Molly, who are mismatched in every way. While one travels the world on the pro circuit, the other spends her time working for a politician, fighting for the rights of the locals and in search of a rare marsupial called a woylie to stop a proposed d
Jenny Schwartz
Dec 13, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
My book! My first in the Jardin Bay series. I love this fictional town and its independent-minded residents.
Michelle Diener
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I really loved this contemporary romance by fellow Western Australian author Jenny Schwartz. It was fresh, fun and romantic and just what I felt like reading. And Zane is yummy!
Venetia Green
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A lovely whimsical romance set in a fictional town in south western Australia.
Dannielle Line
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s Love, Dude is a story about a couple who on the surface are two very different characters. Zane is an outgoing surfer who’s learned to live and thrive in the spotlight. Molly, on the other hand, is a shy, quiet woman who works behind the scenes for Jardin Bay’s political representative. Zane’s learned how to stand on his own after a rough childhood with only his grandfather’s influence as guidance. Molly’s caring nature ensures she stands up for those who can’t do it for themselves though s ...more
SandyL
Zane is a world famous surfer who comes home to Jardin Bay to promote a skate park, where he meets Molly. Molly is a somewhat shy girl who works for a local politician and helps the local people with many problems, including Zane's grandfather, Tom. The two start a romance, but Zane is a busy guy who travels all over the world, and Molly is a small town girl. This was a sweet and sexy book with likable characters (although Zane was a bit arrogant at first), some interesting events happening in t ...more
Hot Stuff Book Reviews
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Find more on the blog: https://hotstuffbookreviews.wordpress...

I received this novel after I requested it on Netgalley. It doesn’t influence my review.

A romance between a hot surfer and a small town girl? Sign me up immediately! And I’m not disappointed.

First of all, I know nothing about surfing and I was afraid that it would be complicated for me to follow and still be interested, but the author doesn’t talk all that much about it. In fact, it’s just a tool – a perfect one at that – to emphasi
Sam Still Reading
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of light, fun romance
OK, I admit it. I am not the surfing type at all. I know the brands from high school, and I don’t mind watching a bit when I’m down Margaret River way but that’s it. So why did I pick up a surfing romance? Well, coastal romance is hot and so is Zane, our surfing world champion in It’s Love, Dude. Plus, it has woylies in it. They’re nocturnal marsupials that are critically endangered.

I love that Jenny Schwartz has combined a romance with a message about how destruction of the woylie’s natural ha
Carol
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Surfers and Cute Marsupials!

What's not to like!

This fast-paced story takes you on Molly's journey into a relationship with a pro-surfer. Molly is fighting for community rights, standing up for constituents on various matters and seeking to find the allusive woylie. Zane leads a jet-setting lifestyle moving between hemisphere depending on the next surfing championship location. You know this kind of relationship just can't last, but you want it to. Molly breaks all the romance rules and chases Za
Jo-Anne
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: won, own
This story starts out when pro surfer Zane goes to his hometown in Australia to open a skate park and sees Molly there. She is an assistant to a local politician and goes to the opening knowing the media would be there so she can get some attention for her boss as well as some attention for her fight in her search of a rare marsupial. Molly happens to be friends with Zane's grandfather, Tom, so they are thrown together because of him as well.

The media has cast Zane as a bad boy but Molly figure
Helen
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is such a great story I loved it small town girl Molly is shy but has a heart of gold she lives in the beach side town of Jardin Bay in Western Australia and works for the local MP and when world champion surfer Zane arrives back in his home town of Jardin Bay to open up a kids skate park he spots Molly he is drawn to her from the first glimpse. This is a very sensual story with great characters and the search for an Australian endangered animal that all add to the story line, Zane is one v ...more
Eleni Konstantine

Thoroughly enjoyed this lovely romance about a shy but determined woman with the world champion surfer. Their scenes are endearing and love their. Love Jardin Bay and its characters. WA does put on a show in this book. Will definitely read more contemporary works by Schwartz as well as her paranormal ones.
Bobbie
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a cute contemporary read. I really enjoyed the story and the fact that I don't live in Australia even helped me to enjoy it more. I got to read new sayings, and catch phrases. Zane and Molly were a cute couple and the storyline easy to enjoy. This was a very good Harlequin read. *ARC provided by the publisher through Netgalley**
Cassandra O'Leary
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great fun story with Zane (love that name) a pro surfer and shy Molly, the small town girl. There were some very sweet and funny moments in this story, especially with the interactions with Zane's grandfather and a wily woilie (spelling?) - an Aussie marsupial. Lovely descriptions of the southern coastal region of Western Australia. Highly recommended.
Roz ~ My Written Romance
Harlequin Books Australia
Aug 22, 2013
Gwenllian
Mar 02, 2014
Jenny Schwartz is a hopeful romantic with a degree in Sociology and History — people watching and digging into the past. She lives in Western Australia and is working towards her dream of living by the sea.

Contact Jenny via her website: http://authorjennyschwartz.com/

Jardin Bay (3 books)
  • Hero Duty (Jardin Bay, #2)
  • Kiss It Better (Jardin Bay, #3)